General Diet Plans and Questions - My Bladder's Functionality and A Thread of Potentially TMI

xRiotGirl
02-18-2014, 11:17 PM
So..I'm on a super water kick. Because through trial and error I've learned that guzzling water is THE best way for me to keep myself fighting temptation.

I've been peeing a lot. Like, a lot. Like 5 times a day at LEAST which is severely unnatural for me! Now, I understand I'm drinking a lot more water than I usually do, which could be a factor. But I don't remember this happening in the past...and also, isn't the need to urinate too often usually a bad sign?

Sorry, I know this is kind of a weird topic, but I'm hoping someone on here has some sort of experience or advice to offer!

mars735
02-19-2014, 12:18 AM
If you google or look in a medical textbook. you'll read that the average person feels the urge to pee when the bladder has about 200 milliliters, less than 1 cup. How much are you drinking?

Do you feel burning or pain when you pee, bad odor? (thinking urinary tract infection).

Paisleymama
02-19-2014, 02:52 AM
Since I started my weight loss journey I consume a lot more fluids and in turn, pee a lot more. With time my bladder adjusted to a certain degree but I still pee a lot.

yoyoma
02-19-2014, 11:53 AM
When I drink more, I pee more. Five times a day does not seem abnormal to me. First answer from google:

"Most adults urinate four to seven times a day."

Is your pee straw colored? That's how I've heard it described if you are properly hydrated. It's possible to drink *too* much (including other liquids and watery foods) and mess up your electrolytes. Drinking too much water can even be fatal.

But if you are just worried because you are peeing 5+ times/day, that in itself doesn't seem to be a big concern.

Glad you found a way to manage your hunger!

xRiotGirl
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys! So, I guess I'm freaking out over nothing then lol. I'm just not used to having a healthy pattern, probably because I'm not used to being very healthy. Nothing has been off as far as color and odor, so I take it this is totally normal then...thanks again. :)

seagirl
02-19-2014, 01:34 PM
5 seems like very few:
For me its
1. upon waking
2. again after breakfast
3 at work
4 at work
5 at work (sometimes)
6 when getting home
7, 8, 9, during evening
10 before bed