General Diet Plans and Questions - The One One One Diet

View Full Version : The One One One Diet

TamTam
02-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Don't know if anyone else is doing this , but I have read the book and it looks like something I can manage. I will try and post my results to see if anyone else can give input. Today I had the following
Breakfast:
Carb=1 slice Wheat bread
Protein=1 cup Milk
Fat= 1egg

Morning snack:
Carb=1/4 cup Raisins
Protein=1/2 cup Milk
Fat=1 Tbsp Peanut butter

Lunch:
Carb: 1/2 poboy bread
Protein: Roast Beef with Gravy
Fat: mayonnaise
Free Food: Beets

Snack:
Carb: 1 banana
Protein: 1/2 cup milk
Fat: 1 tbsp. Peanut butter

Supper: same as lunch

TamTam
02-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Today I am basically having the same thing as yesterday. I am down 1 pound. My goal for today is to drink more water!!!

TamTam
02-21-2014, 06:01 PM
My son is overweight and is only 36 years old, I am giving this book to him with a letter of love from his father and I in the hopes that he will read it, use it and get healthier! Doing good on the diet. Yesterday was a little off, did not hardly eat due to being very busy at work. Have done better today.

TamTam
02-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Down 1/2 pound-not much but at this point I will take it!

TamTam
02-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Since we were on the road all day did not over eat but did not follow the diet either

Maurene
02-24-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm reading this book but haven't gotten very far yet. (On chapter 2, I think.) I'm a bit skeptical but I think I'm skeptical of diets in general.

TamTam
02-26-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm reading this book but haven't gotten very far yet. (On chapter 2, I think.) I'm a bit skeptical but I think I'm skeptical of diets in general.

I understand. I like the plan because it is simple, I work A LOT so I need something simple, also with being a diabetic it is something I can follow without it messing with my glucose levels. Good luck-hope it works for you. :hug:

TamTam
02-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Back from Market-with the hectic pace and the going eat with the company Rep. it was not possible to follow the One One One Diet, but overall not too bad.

Today back on track!

TamTam
02-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Did not follow my plan today. Had a good breakfast but got very busy at work and only had a chocolate shake all day and then a ham poboy for supper. Hope to get back on plan tomorrow

TamTam
02-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Did so much better today.

TamTam
03-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Weighed in today-no change from last week and considering Market that is a good thing!

EasySpirit
03-01-2014, 01:38 PM
I might try to impliment this into my online WW - - I need to do something to get myself motivated........

TamTam
03-01-2014, 01:44 PM
I might try to impliment this into my online WW - - I need to do something to get myself motivated........

EasySpirit I hope it works for you. I like it because it is SIMPLE!!! Let me know how it works for you! :hug:

TamTam
03-02-2014, 07:40 PM
As usual for me on a Sunday not being overly strict with my eating but enjoying the day off

TamTam
03-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Back on track!

TamTam
03-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Hoping to get this diet going. SOme days it is so easy and some days - not so much!

TamTam
03-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Did not get to weigh in this morning. Drinking 8 oz every hour today. I am off of work so this is possible, at work not so much in retail.

TamTam
03-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Breakfast:
1 cup cooked oatmeal
1 cup Milk

Am Snack
1-Fiber one bar

Lunch
2 slices thin crust pepperoni pizza

Snack
1-Kashi bar

Supper
1 slice pizza

Snack (weekend only)
Ice cream

and 8 oz water each hour from 7am to 7pm

Cajunlady165
03-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Tam tam. I'm also on the golden girls page an first just bought the book. I will read and start this diet for awhile and see if I can understand. May need your help.

Cajun

Cajunlady165
03-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Tam as you know I'm also from south Louisiana. So you can understand Cajun cooking. I'm hoping to incorporate it into this one one one diet
Cajun

TamTam
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Tam as you know I'm also from south Louisiana. So you can understand Cajun cooking. I'm hoping to incorporate it into this one one one diet
Cajun

Morning Cajun! I will help you as much as I can. The problem with diet books is that none of them are written by Cajuns!!:D Sometimes you just have to wing it. I think with things like Gumbo you measure only 1/2 of the rice because of the flour in the roux and you weigh your meat and then add the sauce. Have a blessed day! I am at work now but will try and post when I get home.

mandyfisher
03-17-2014, 10:04 PM
I am so glad to finally get to join you here. I will try to post as I go through the day also

Cajunlady165
03-18-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm still reading 111. What about diet coke and stevia and cream in my coffee in the morning?
Tam I'm afraid what's going to do me in is boiled crawfish. 6 oz? How are we going to know when we are at 6 Oz when we are peeling and eating as we go. We do corn potatoes mushrooms. I could eat corn (carb) mushrooms (free) dip(fat). Potatoes no problem leaving that out.

Hugs
Cajun.

Welcome mandyfisher!! Jump in with pointer if you have any. I'm just reading the book plan on starting when I grocery shop and understand it more.

TamTam
03-18-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm still reading 111. What about diet coke and stevia and cream in my coffee in the morning?
Tam I'm afraid what's going to do me in is boiled crawfish. 6 oz? How are we going to know when we are at 6 Oz when we are peeling and eating as we go. We do corn potatoes mushrooms. I could eat corn (carb) mushrooms (free) dip(fat). Potatoes no problem leaving that out.

Hugs
Cajun.

Welcome mandyfisher!! Jump in with pointer if you have any. I'm just reading the book plan on starting when I grocery shop and understand it more.

Hello Cajun! I still have cream in my coffee, I do not count it. I would just eat the crawfish and take it easy on the crackers, potatoes and corn and the sauce. The crackers, potatoes and corn can be your carb and the dip can be your fat (if you make yours like mine). It takes a lot of crawfish to make up 6oz so I would not sweat it too much.

TamTam
03-18-2014, 09:08 PM
I am so glad to finally get to join you here. I will try to post as I go through the day also

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing from you!!:hug:

TamTam
03-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Breakfast:
Carb-2 slices wheat bread (the fixings for french toast)
Fat-Butter on bread
Protein-Milk

Am Snack:
Carb- 1 Banana
Fat- 1 Tbsp Peanut butter
Protein-got busy and did not get any

Lunch:
Spaghetti (probably all of it combined equals to all 3 food groups)

Afternoon snack:
1 Fiber one bar

Supper same as lunch

TamTam
03-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Today

Breakfast:

Carb: 1 cup oatmeal (5 minute version)
Protein: 2 cup milk
Fat: 1 TBSP Peanut Butter

Am Snack:

Kashi Bar

Lunch:
Special K Protein Drink

Afternoon Snack:
Carb: Fiber One Bar
Protein: 1 string cheese
Fat: 1 TBSP Peanut BUtter

Supper

Spaghetti

TamTam
03-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Breakfast:
Carb: Fiber One Protein Cereal
Protein: Milk
Fat: 1 TBSP Peanut butter

Am Snack:
Carb: Kashi Bar

Lunch:
Carb: Pasta
Protein: Spaghetti sauce with meat (probably can count as a fat also)

PM Snack:
Carb: Fiber One Bar
Protein: 1 String Cheese

Supper:
same as lunch

TamTam
03-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Breakfast:

Carb: Oatmeal
Fat: boiled egg

Am Snack:
Kashi Bar (will count as protein and carb)

Lunch:
1 Special K Protein Drink (Protein and Carb)

Afternoon Snack:
Carb:Fiber One Bar
Protein: Boiled Egg

SUpper:
To be detemined (meat free due to Lent)
Went eat at a new local resturant and had a shrimp platter and it was larger than I thought-and very good!!

TamTam
03-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Weight Loss: .25 not much but at least not a gain!:)

Breakfast:
Carb: 1 Cup protein Fiber One
Protein: 1 cup milk
Fat: 1 TBSP Peanut BUtter

Am Snack:
Kashi Bar (Carb and Protein)
Fat: 1 TBSP Peanutbutter

Lunch:
Carb/Protein: Special K drink
Fat: Peanutbutter

PM SNack:
Carb: FIber One Bar
Fat: Peanutbutter

Supper
Not sure

Maurene
03-24-2014, 12:25 PM

According to the article below, 6 oz peeled crawfish tails are roughly equal to 3 lbs unpeeled. So, if you can weigh them before you peel them, that might help. If you're making them at home and have a food scale, you can do a test one day to see how many peeled equals 6 oz -- and then use that as guide for the future. Or at least see what 3lbs unpeeled looks like. If this is one of your favorite foods, than I think its well worth the effort to learn what a reasonable serving size actually looks like.

http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2011/06/rx_crawfish.html

Cajunlady165
03-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Thank you Maureen. Yes I can say boiled crawfish is my favorite meal. On an average I would say I usually eat 4 lbs. but very rarely eat the other stuff boiled with it like corn mushrooms onions. I'm guessing I'm going to eat more veggies and cut back on lbs of crawfish.
I'm just starting this plan and it's still in the learning stage. I ate breakfast snack and lunch already and it seems like a lot of food. I guess we will see if I lose.

Thanks again
Cajun

TamTam
04-03-2014, 03:18 PM
I am still here! Been so busy at work and will be until the end of May. Still trying to do the 111, have slip ups every now and then, but still trying to learn everything.