Old 07-08-2003, 09:37 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Tuesday

Mornign Girls Revving up the thread bbiab
Old 07-08-2003, 09:39 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Yesterday I was Sick as a dog and I got caught in the rain.. . to the point I had to change all my clothes underwear included
Today sick TOM and fighting the Grumps
BUt! I refuse to sit around and waste a gorgeous day
I'm goign to get up Make some food
and some sugarfree limeade b/c we're out of water and ares is GROSS get some work done and Kick some ARSE
GRUMPS BE WARE!
Old 07-08-2003, 10:01 AM   #3  

trying to be good and stop thinking about food...ugh!
Old 07-08-2003, 10:31 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Kieri and Amber!

Kieri~ My cure for cramps is Naprosyn which is prescibed but you can get ALEVE otc and that has Naprosy in it. It is truly a miracle cure!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Lexxy~ I thinks sometimes that co workers are jealous when others take vactaions. I always get eyerolls when I mention my vacations and besides we missed you!

Tiffany~ I agree that 1 pt over is no sweat. I am sure you earn that in exercise. You sound like you are kicking WW'er arse!

Kim~ I am so glad you had a loss. I know you were starting to get concerned. Congrats!

Jess~ Quiet wknds are always nice in my book. Glad you enjoyed!

Rina~ Rina Sorry about all of the problems with your brother. Does he live with you?

KT~I need to go get some fruit now! Thanks for the healthy craving I saw How to lose a guy.... too! Hysterical movie!!!

Ok so I am sooooo into the labor day challenge and I have decided to post my stats which I have been avoiding since I returned. Wknd was wonderful. DH and I had the absolute best time. We were quite active too.....we biked, hiked, canoed and walked a ton. I was hoping to have lost but I haven't checked yet b/c yesterday I didn't do well and today will be the same b/c we desperately need to grocery shop tonight. My DS brought home Cheesecake FActory cheesecake from Chicago and of course we got fudge in Mackinac. We also had pizza last night and the list goes on so I am afraid all of the exercise that I did was probably in vain but it felt really good to work that hard b/c has been a while. TOM should be here this week so I hope I will get an accurate WI before the bloat attacks

Dh and I took pics this wknd and of course he insisted upon bathing suit pics. UHHHH I found cellulite. DH convinced me that it was the reflection of the water ON MY THIGHS! He is sooo wonderful but then I had him check last night while I was putting on my pj's and it was REAL cellulite I have never had a problem with this. Labor day here I come!!!

Well I will check in later! Sorry about the monster post but I have missed you ladies
Old 07-08-2003, 10:32 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi All! Only briefly perused the posts from the days I was on vacation.

Kierie - good job meeting your goal. Hope that you feel less UGH! as the day wears on.

Morning Amber - think about hot guys - can't think about food then.

KT - congrats on the school interview. Let us know about acceptance as soon as you do. Also, Slimfast does have a ton of sugar but is only 3pts and is a milk.

Becky - are you back yet? It was hard for me to leave - I hadn't been home in 2 years and didn't get to see all my favorite places. Lots of hiking on beaches and cliffs of Superior though.

Well ladies, enjoyed my vacation. My family adores CB and he enjoyed meeting them. Now I just need to learn to feel the same about his.

Gained 1.6 but am not that upset about it. I feel good about all the hiking I did while away and suspect that at least half the extra weight is water - that or I gained all of the weight in my fingers (my ring is tight)! Am getting back on track today - counting points instead of just journaling and going to work on the water. I grocery shop tonight so will have lots of yummy fruit and veggies and will be completely OP by tomorrow.

Must catch up at work. Hope you all have a great day.

Laura
Old 07-08-2003, 11:20 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ I came home yesterday. I was ready to come home b/c of the bed in our cabin..YUCK! I missed my bed I had a great time though. Glad the fam loved CB that is such a good sign!!

Ok ladies I need some advice....I am grocery shopping tonight and HAVE to get back on track. What are your staples??? Mainly for dinner but also snacks etc????? Thanks for the help! Becky
Old 07-08-2003, 11:50 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

Default hello!!!

hi girls,
long time no see. i've been busy at work and avoiding the internet police. just popped on to say hi. and to say that i've finally been offered my dream job (again). for those who don't know i got offered a position as a broadcast meteorologist (weather girl) 2 years ago and then the weather centre had budget cuts and couldn't take me on. but finally a vacancy has come up so i should be starting in a month or so. and i'm going to do some training wed, thur and fri this week.
anyhow. i haven't told anyone else what is happening cos i don't want it all to fall through again. but i'm so excited!
big hello to you all, i'll catch up properly next week,
kirsty
ps can anyone think of a good excuse to tell my coworkers as to why i'm not in the office the rest of this week? my boss knows but apart from that i don't want to let on yet. unfortunately it's my birthday thurs and i'm having a party after work on fri so people are going to be curious as to why i'm not around during the day. i'm thinking of saying i'm taking time off to pamper myself on my birthday but it sounds so lame.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:06 PM   #8  

kirsty-congrats! <crossing fingers for good luck> and tell your co-workworkers you have personal stuff to take care of. usually that scares people away from asking any more questions...lol.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:10 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Becks Thanks for the alleve tip I've already popped some unfortunately other facets of TOM are kickign my arse and if they don't slow down soon (sorry tmi) I'm not goign to the gym
Mind you I'm still running a fever UGH
BUT! and its a slightly smaller one b/c its mine I'm already down 5 glasses of water well "water" I made Limeade with like a tbsp of lime juice and 4 pkts of S&L for about 10 servings I think next time i'll cut it down to 2 pkts b/c this stuff is sweet but i figured if crystal light can be water so can this stuff
WB Kirsty we missed you!
Laura I'm so glad they loved CB
Becks as for grocery shopping snackwise at least I like baby carrots and those veggies that are in snack packs
Do you like eggs? HB eggs are great for when your running out the door
My new favorites Soy burgers (not with liquid smoke) and soy meat balls just stay away from soy dogs UGH! if you really have a time crunch what about that precooked chicken? just watch for additives
If you're sick of bread how about celery to go with your tuna or chicken salad?
some Light/lowfat PB? also go well with celery for a fast breakfast/snack I like crunchy
maybe some tortillas and some shreaded light cheese
that and some precooked chicken and a salad could be a great lunch* do the chicken/beef and cheese on the tortilla in the micro and then wrap the salad in or wrap it all together cold
I want to work for the food network dammit!
I think My energy levels too damn low for the gym grrrrr

I bought low carb soy pasta 10 grams of net carbs and 28 grams of protien
but I'm afraid to cook it
over the weekend i have 4 peices of fusili that was made from wheat and ALL day I craved so i'm a bit afraid to indulge
I'm goign to email Bfs mom about her pasta salad recipe
I'm lurkin
Old 07-08-2003, 12:11 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

PS amber maybe you should keep some healthy snacks handy?
other than that Post woman POST and stay away from the garbage food
Kirsty WOOHOO WEATHER WOMAN! and soon to be bday girl!
Old 07-08-2003, 12:40 PM   #11  

posting does help and i am trying not to snack to much so i don't eat up my points. i have to get used to lower/no point snacks. i did buy a bunch of frozen veggies so i can start cooking them more and fill up on them first when eating and it is working. and thanks for the tip about using celery instead of bread for chicken salad. i would have never thought of that. i just added celery to my grocery list.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:48 PM   #12  

Hey girls,

It's so funny you are all talking about grocery shopping - I just went on my lunch break and bought ALL healthy stuff to start me off. I buy the bagged salad and sometimes throw in chicken or other veggies - or just eat it with ff dressing. I also bought blueberries, strawberries and raspberries - YUM. I also bought frozen soybeans which a friend turned me on to. If you haven't had them, I highly recommend them boiled and salted. No idea how many points, but I think they are 100 calories and 10 grams of fiber per serving. I did buy a couple frozen dinners because they were on sale - stouffers in the red box, but with the same calories as lean cuisines. The worst thing I probably bought were hamburger buns for the Boca burgers I have at home. Buns may seem innocent, but you'd be amazed at how I can turn it so unhealthy with a *little* cheese and garlic. I almost bought some WOW chips, but I knew I'd eat the whole bag today (and probably regret it later). Same with the low fat ice cream sandwiches....if I could eat just one they wouldn't be bad. But I'm kind of an all or nothing kind of girl. Ahh well. Maybe I need to start going low carb like Kierie.

Kirsty, cograts on the new job!! That is so awesome, I wish I knew what my dream job was....as it is now, I hate my job so much that I have literally started counting down the minutes until I can leave. Unfortunately the countdown usually starts at like 9:30 in the morning.

Becky, it sounds like the food and the exercise canceled each other out - could be a lot worse! MMMM, cheesecake factory.....

Laura, I just got back from vacation as well (no hiking for me though!). I'm ready for another one.

Anyway, I'm happy that I was OP yesterday (for the newbies, I count calories instead of points - such a rebel), and it looks like I'll be that way today too, unless of course my evil friends convince me to go for drinks. I'll have to work that in somehow. I will have to go look at the labor day challenge thread, because ideally I'd like to lose 15 lbs by then. A group of friends have rented a house at the outer banks that week, and I'll be sure to be photgraphed in a bathing suit! It is possible since it's about 8 weeks away, but I'll need to work on that exercise too. I can never seem to get both eating right and exercising down pat at the same time.

Sorry for the novel, BBL!
Old 07-08-2003, 01:09 PM   #13  
Canadian Chick

Hey girlies! Well I had a wake up call last night @ WI when I was up 1.8lb I'm not suprised b/c I have been eating like crap & eating way too much. Anyway after the meeting I felt super motivated so DH & I went for a walk. I realized part of my problem is not planning ahead so I've got today all planned. I also am going to get in some more exercise. DH & I are going for another walk tonight & I might go play b-ball with my bro before I go to work today. I am going to be a good girl & change my sig but only so I can have the satifaction of changing it back next week!

Becky, sone of my staples are Snackwell's minicookies (15 for 2 points), frozen fruit (i like berry combos best), Lean Cuisines, MiniBagels (2 points each), Low fat granola bars (2 points each), fat free chocolate pudding in the single serving sizes (2 points each) plus lots of fruit & veggies.

Laura, glad to hear you had a great holiday! That's great the your fam was into CB!

Kirsty glad to see you! That rocks about your job! Tell them you have an appointment or something & then you're going to pamper yourself since you're already away from work.

Amber, glad to hear you got some good food to eat! Hang in there.

Anyway I should run. Hope you guys all have a super day!
Old 07-08-2003, 01:11 PM   #14  
Canadian Chick

Hey Lexxy! We posted at the same time. Glad you're on track!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

CONGRATS, Kirsty!!! I wish we could watch you on TV over here in the States. If the station has a website, let me know!

Becky: My staples are 2-point ice cream bars ... Blue Bunny makes some yummy ones and I like the WW ice cream cones. Also grapes with a little nonfat vanilla yogurt, apples with a little Nutrasweet and cinnamon sprinkled on top and strawberries with fat-free Cool Whip. When I want crunch, microwave popcorn! For breakfasts I like the vanilla yogurt with different fresh fruit with a little granola sprinkled in. The Kashi Crunch cereal is very good.
My staple dinner is salmon. I eat it a few times a week and cook in on the grill if it's not raining.

Hi to everyone ... I gotta run! It's after 2 and I haven't started writing my story for tomorrow!

Last edited by kimobi; 07-08-2003 at 02:24 PM.
Closed Thread