Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - January 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

Locke
01-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Checking in. Went way too low carb this week, went into ketosis and felt sicker than a dog. I'm decided to just toss the whole thing out the window and eat what my body feels like. Not cravings or anything like that but honoring what I feel like eating when I'm hungry rather than forcing myself to eat a certain way. Much easier.

CoolMom75
01-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Cool mom-- are you using the Lose it app/website? I just started using it on Saturday. How long have you been using it? Have you had good results? Any tips for a beginner? I'm liking it so far!
It says I'm supposed to eat 1530 calories a day but I'm not eating near that. I'm eating closer to 1300 plus I'm exercising and I'm not adding those calories back.

My weight is down another .2 back to my low on Sunday of 128.4. Saturday is going to be a big challenge for me and I'm afraid any losses I make this week will be wiped out then. I'm taking my dh to Napa and we are doing a Foodie walking tour where we get to sample things at each restaurant. Sounds yummy and I don't want to be a weirdo and not try things-- it's for his birthday. So.... my thought is that I'll try not to be a pig and eat everything! If I don't like something, I won't eat it, or I'll just take a nibble. I also plan on bringing a big water with me to drink.

I've been using it for about 4 years and I just love it for keeping track. I know another one came out after called My Fitness Pal and a lot of people use that one. Once you do the work of getting frequently used foods and recipes entered, it's quick.

alaskanlaughter
01-30-2014, 02:38 PM
i'm so tired :( I didn't sleep much last night and don't feel like doing yet another round of housecleaning for a mess that we never made...DH does not make such a mess and neither do my two sons....none of this was an issue AT ALL until everyone else decided to live here....I just feel like, no one else gives a cr*p about the house, why should I be the one always following behind trying to keep everything clean? *sigh* if they run out of bread, well then they just won't have any....but that impacts the rest of us to, like nothing for school lunches....do I really have to separate food for them vs food for us? take half the bread, cheese, etc and hide it at work and make school lunches there? .....no one has run the dishwasher and it's full of dirty dishes...there isn't a clean knife in the house (I looked this morning)...the kitchen is a wreck, the living room is a mess, the room where they stay in is a mess...I've stopped telling my younger son to leave his dirty clothes in there (which is where his dresser/clean clothes are and is technically HIS room) because I can't ever find his clothes again among all their stuff....they use up all the towels in the bathroom closets and I actually squirreled a towel away so I can wash my hair, hoping there is hot water left by the time I get to that during the day

I was busy yesterday from 6 a.m. when I got up until 8 p.m. when I got home from a board meeting...then I put the little kids to bed and went to bed myself...I didn't do a thing around the house and haven't today either...I don't have time...again i'm up at 6 a.m. and busy until I get home at 6 p.m. OR later, if a meeting with the school district superintendent runs later than 6 p.m.

and the frustrating thing is...even if I DID have time to magically clean every part of this house, it would look just as awful within a day because no one else does anything apart from DH (who tries hard and is just as busy as me)

CoolMom75
01-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Alaska, I must have missed who the extras living with you are but it sounds like some communication and clear boundary setting needs to happen. I hope you get it sorted out and find some peace soon.

Breakfast today was 345 cals:
Last of my 15 bean and sausage soup
Egg with sprinkle of feta
Siracha
Kale mix of greens, wilted in the pan
Coffee with milk
Cod liver oil

Syckgirlsfv
01-30-2014, 05:57 PM
did my project and now I'm home for a bit...gotta go back to school tonight! :p
going to Costco in a minute.

B - DH made a scramble of eggs/potatoes/serrano chiles/baby spinach topped with a little condensed mushroom soup as gravy. I estimate about 2 eggs on my end. Had 2 slices turkey bacon and a slice of Ezekiel toast.
L - TBD :)

alaskanlaughter
01-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Alaska, I must have missed who the extras living with you are but it sounds like some communication and clear boundary setting needs to happen. I hope you get it sorted out and find some peace soon.

Breakfast today was 345 cals:
Last of my 15 bean and sausage soup
Egg with sprinkle of feta
Siracha
Kale mix of greens, wilted in the pan
Coffee with milk
Cod liver oil

several of the kids that we have semi-raised as teenagers were allowed to come back...this was DH's decision and my BIL's decision although I'm supportive of that....one is my BIL's daughter age 21, who we raised before...one is her 21 year old boyfriend who also spent alot of his teen years in our home....and their 4 year old daughter who has never gotten to live with them before due to them being homeless over the years

the idea I THINK is to create an environment where they can practice basic parenting skills and then help them transition to independent living as a family unit....OR have BIL get a place of his own and they can stay with him...he works out of town and is only in town on weekends, staying with another relative

Lala165
01-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Hello everyone: Today I went food shopping and I realized when I got home I bought alot of stuff (frozen items) for superbowl sunday, but skimped on veggies and fruits. Tomorrow will go to indoor fruit stand and make sure I have back up.

AlaskanD: I can totally relate to the frustration of being the only one to clean up others messes and it makes you want to scream. In the past I delegated the chores to other people in the house and made it clear it was unacceptable to leave messes for the maid that doesn't exist. Good luck with that

Launchpad series exercise 6 (30 mins)

water 16 oz

B: coffee with 2% milk x 2
1 buttermilk frozen waffle with peanut butter

16 oz water

1 slice fresh mozzarella, 1 slice prosciutto, beets on a bed of spring mix salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar seasoned with cracked black pepper

4 oz porterhouse steak
1 small baked sweet potato
grilled baby bella mushrooms and onions
zero cal black cherry flavored seltzer

Syckgirlsfv
01-30-2014, 08:47 PM
ok, had dinner:

2 white meat ball park frank turkey dogs wrapped in low carb high fiber wrap with slice of havarti and grey poupon

snack - crunchy ricer roller

I'm around only 650 cals for the day! I'm sure I will either get a snack at school or have a light one when I get home tonight, and of course wine. :)

roadbikerchick
01-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone!

The scale was down again this morning to 155.6. I did a one hour tough interval workout on the bike and thought I was off to a great start. I ate well most of the day, then came home for a late supper, quite hungry. You guessed it, I ate too much. Total calories today about 2200. Eek!

Oh, well, tomorrow’s another day…

Alaskanlaughter: that sounds sooo frustrating. It can pinch when you’re caught between caring about people, but being exasperated by the things they do. I hope you get a chance to rest, and to sleep. It won’t solve things, but it’s so much easier to cope with a full night’s rest. Wishing you well.

Locke: I’m another person who just can’t do low carb. I naturally eat rather low fat – I can live without that – but don’t no one touch my carbs.

Diana3271: I hope the edema goes away again soon. I’m glad to hear that your area wasn’t as hard hit by the weather.

IanG, TravelingMichele, CoolMom, Lala, and Diana: all of you seem to be doing well staying on plan. Congratulations! :carrot:

Have a good evening. Talk soon!

Diana3271
01-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Tomorrow is an early day for me. I have to get up an hour earlier than normal. I am going to make this a quick post and will catch up with everyone tomorrow or this weekend.

Alaskanlaughter I am sorry that you are faced with all of that stress. I would say that IF they are going to stay in your house they will have to abide by your rules. On the outside there are rules they would have to live by, too. I would set out some guidelines you expect from them. Their actions are affecting your child, you, and your husband. Of course these guidelines are ones that you and your DH both agree to. Also, there has to be ramifications if they don't live by the house rules. Good luck with all of it.

Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled chicken tenderloins 300 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/12's
TF Fire 45 EZ

Larry H
01-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Alaskan - Diana hit it on the head. She is correct, their must be rules and consequences for breaking them. If your rules are broken you must be ready to enforce the consequences. Your house guests are walking all over you and your family. If you do nothing it will continue. Words are not enough it takes action. I will be praying for you and your family.

I had home made spaghetti with Dreamfields Noodles for lunch and Waffles for dinner with Cary's syrup today. 1,404 calories well under my 1,730 goal.

I only ventured out of the house once today to get the mail. It was 49 degrees here in Central Florida today. For those of us who are acclimated to Florida Sunshine, 49 feels like 30 below. :D I even drove my car to the mail box as it was too cold to walk there. Back in Buffalo NY where I came from I would have been in shorts and a T-Shirt when it was 49 degrees. My body sure has changed,

Tomorrow is supposed to be mid 70's and this weekend in the low 80's. I can't wait for that nice Florida weather again. :D:carrot::D

HuggerBunny
01-31-2014, 04:32 AM
This is what I had today (11:30 pm here):

Breakfast:
-raspberries
-2 tablespoons hummus (we were out of carrots so I just ate it off the spoon)

Lunch:
-cottage cheese

Dinner:
-leftover tuna casserole w/ lots of peas (no noodles)
-fruit salad
-bottle of Coconut flavored Cascade Ice

Treat:
-Butterfinger PB cup (meant to eat this yesterday as dessert for my free choice meal, but I forgot)

Going to the store on Saturday, I'm all out of fresh veggies!

Diana3271
01-31-2014, 07:08 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

I just noticed we are over our post limit. Hopefully they won't notice. I will post the new thread a little later (when I can think and see clearly) :rofl:

I didn't add on any yoga last night. Today is my early day. :tired: I wanted to get into bed as early as possible.

I am still in the middle of the angioedema flare up, so no losses on the scale for me. The good news is that I didn't have a gain, either. Celebrate the little things. ;) This is day 3 of this weight. The angioedema should be relaxing a bit, soon. Of course TTOM will show up to take its place. :p :rofl: Gotta have a sense of humor, too. ;)

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 165.6
No Change

I hope everyone has a great Friday and start to your weekend! Anyone have fun plans?

Diana3271
01-31-2014, 07:39 AM
Getting us started for a new month: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/292285-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-february-2014-everyone-welcome.html

kelijpa
01-31-2014, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone, ended the month at 154.4, so made my goal for the month, thrilled about that!

Alaskan my heart breaks for you, hope you are able to resolve this soon, it's a shame trying to help someone is causing you so much stress, we're all pulling for you, glad you can come here and vent.
Best of luck.

Larry it is funny how your body gets acclimated after all that extreme cold it's 18 this morning and feels nice!

Diana keep up your positive vibe :hug:

WahineByTheSea
01-31-2014, 05:49 PM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

I hope everyone has a great Friday and start to your weekend! Anyone have fun plans?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyFQ_sJnmho34dws2YN6EZh5w8W4l1O EhXmlHxX1PMsa-QnWGVfw

The weather here is going to be nice, so I'm going snowshoeing!

Breakfast
Oatmeal - 200 calories

Lunch
Muffin and fruit - 400 calories

Dinner
Hummus (400 calories) and very green tabbouleh (200 calories)

kelijpa
01-31-2014, 11:33 PM
Whew, overdid it this evening, pint of Ben and Jerry's gone, feels like a big rock in my stomach now, won't do that again, other than that the day was pretty good.

B- pancake, sausage, eggs from our chickens
L- split pea soup
D- sausage, peppers, provolone on hoagie roll
S- chunky monkey, which is what I feel like at the moment :lol:
E- hauled wood for the woodstove

Best to all see you in the Feb thread :sunny:

Coachmike
01-31-2014, 11:39 PM
Hello everyone. Long time reader first time posting

I start my morning everyday with a **********
Banana for a smack at 10
Tuna sandwich for lunch
I started using insanity a week ago and loving it!
Then I try for a healthy dinner
I cut out all the soft drinks
I'm starting to feel like I have lots more energy as the weeks
Go by
**********. It really works. :)

Lala165
02-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone,
I did not post all weekend. Made every lame excuse in my head not too so I succeeded in that. Today I am back on track. Another day of snow, which meant school was closed and my child (teenager) home again with the same question what's for breakfast? what's for Lunch? what's for dinner? Anyway made it through the day........

02/03/14
2% milk
1 cup raisin bran
1 cup coffee with 2% milk

2 baby bella mushroom caps stuffed with crabmeat, onion, feta cheese and bread crumbs/egg and baked in oven

2 cups of whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce and 3 slices of eggplant baked in oven with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce
12 oz water
1 orange

exercise 20 minutes

Diana3271
02-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Lala Hi :wave: It's good to see you. Come join us at the new thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/292285-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-february-2014-everyone-welcome.html