20-Somethings - What is the one life event you want to be "fit" for?

NotSoLittleTimbit
11-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Okay since I'm a newbie and yes, a lurker, I'm going to put myself out there.

What is the one life event/moment you want to be at your ideal weight for?

I'm 24 so the next big thing for me is my 25th birthday! I would love to be at a healthy BMI which I think is okay since I have 9 months.

Okay, now your turn:

Munchy
11-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I have a six year old, but am looking at possibly getting remarried in the near future. I don't care much about the wedding, but I do want to be in shape at the END of my next pregnancy (if I do have one!).

I gained close to 80lbs when I got pregnant last time and I'd like to keep it around 10-15 next time.

ILoveVegetables
11-06-2013, 05:02 PM
For me, it's a close family member's wedding that's happening right at the end of 2014, so I have a year and one month to achieve or be within 10/20 lbs of my goal.

It'll be the first time in almost 6 years that I'll be meeting my entire family, close and extended, and at big family functions I've always been the big one who couldn't wear nice clothes because nothing I liked was in my size. This time I want to enjoy it while not feeling like I stand out from everyone else.

NotSoLittleTimbit
11-06-2013, 06:10 PM
I have a six year old, but am looking at possibly getting remarried in the near future. I don't care much about the wedding, but I do want to be in shape at the END of my next pregnancy (if I do have one!).

I gained close to 80lbs when I got pregnant last time and I'd like to keep it around 10-15 next time.

Sounds exciting! Babies are a blessing and why not reward yourself with a happy you/body at the end.

NotSoLittleTimbit
11-06-2013, 06:11 PM
For me, it's a close family member's wedding that's happening right at the end of 2014, so I have a year and one month to achieve or be within 10/20 lbs of my goal.

It'll be the first time in almost 6 years that I'll be meeting my entire family, close and extended, and at big family functions I've always been the big one who couldn't wear nice clothes because nothing I liked was in my size. This time I want to enjoy it while not feeling like I stand out from everyone else.

Wow that's scary but I'm already imagining their reactions when you reach your goal weight! Good Luck :)

emilyb
11-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm getting married next summer so I'm trying to use that as a way to convince myself to finally do something. Well, that along with some health issues popping up with my family. I know I won't be at my goal weight by then, but I would just really like to buy a non-plus size wedding dress.

Riestrella
11-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Great question!

In real life: My sisters wedding. It'll be in 2015 probably, so enough time and no excuses!

In my dream world: My own wedding - for sure. I do not want to be a pudgy bride! I want to be my ideal weight!

But I also want to get back into the 140s (which is in the healthy for me) by the time I see my parents again. I reached 149 a year ago, but went back into the 150s when I was back for Christmas the same year. I've not seen them since the beginning of this year, so would love to be back at a healthy weight by the time I see them again. I know I won't "wow" them, but I guess it's for my own comfort!!

dehtripper
11-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Hmmm, good question. I think I'll say - when I [likely] move to a new area for my PhD. I don't know when or to where it will be, but it would be nice to start fresh and kinda feel like an undercover ex-fat girl.

jlee10
11-07-2013, 09:49 AM
My wedding!!! (August 31st, 2014)

I had lost 50 pounds about 2.5 yrs ago. Maintained for about a year and now have gained it 40 back. (I blame the fiancée) but I have done it before, I can do it again! Plus more!

Psychic
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Actual event... Probably when I get pregnant someday. I want to be healthy enough to have a healthy child.

I generally just want to be healthier for the rest of my life though. Weight-related diseases run rampant in my family, so I'm trying avoid them or at least lessen the burden.

WannaBaSkinnybride
11-07-2013, 01:01 PM
My own wedding (4/16/16) and in preparation for my future pregnancies. Although the most important one for me is to make sure my body is 100% healthy before getting pregnant.

lateralus98
11-07-2013, 01:28 PM
My back surgery May 2014 or 2015 (spinal fusion - scoliosis) oh my GOD I don't want to be overweight for that. Would be much worse for recovery and physical therapy.

College graduation - May 2015 I wanna be smokin' hot for the biggest academic achievement of my life (thus far)

PUPMOM5
11-07-2013, 02:11 PM
I have lots of events, but I think the one I really want to be at a normal weight for will be my Master's graduation (May 2015). This will probably be the next time my dad (who has always been super fit and active, but also supportive of me) will see me and I want to make him as proud as possible. (My mom says the more weight I lose, the more I look like him - and it's true!)

After graduation, I'd like to be ready to start our family and want to be 1) at goal and 2) very fit before I embark on that journey. :)

Hoopty
11-08-2013, 04:39 AM
PUPMOM5 - Your post about your dad really touched me :)

The next "big" event will be a huge family dinner for Christmas on December 26th. Not only will my entire family be there but also the one of my brother-in-law and his brother-in-law. Christmas is already the most important and most meaningful holiday to me and I'd like to feel and look my best!

Kahokkuri
11-08-2013, 08:52 AM
I've always wanted to be at goal for a birthday. Any birthday! I won't be losing 60 pounds by March 2014, but I would be so happy to hit my goal next year and be maintaining it for my 27th birthday in 2015!

IsobelRose22
11-08-2013, 05:34 PM
My half marathon 2nd March 2014. I know they say you should just focus on finishing your first half marathon, but I can't help but think that I've had enough time to train (I signed up 3 months ago) so if I get more than 2:30 time I will be a bit disappointed in myself. In fantasy land I want to be fit and gorgeous for my own wedding (I'm noticing a theme in all these posts!) so no bingo wings, and no back fat :)

PUPMOM5
11-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks, Hoopty! I am giddily excited for him to see me. :)

LisaTcan
11-09-2013, 11:39 AM
My own wedding, which is next month!

whatthefudge
11-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Well, I graduated this year while I was at a high weight. It wasn't great. And my birthday is in a few days so I won't be my goal weight for that one. :b BUT I have one whole year to lose weight for my 24th! :D So that's the event I'm looking forward to.

Also, these aren't planned events or anything, but I know at least one of my cousins will be getting married in the next year or two. I'd love to be able to buy some cute clothes for once! Indian clothes are not cute in the bigger sizes....or flattering for a bigger girl. So yes, I'll be vain and say I want to look good in a sari and not have my back fat or my stomach hanging out haha.

Overall though I'm not looking forward to any one event. Just being able to fit into cuter clothes and be able to do more physically will be great. And it's always nice to hear compliments from friends and family. :)

Dottington
11-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Like most others I want to be fit and beautiful for whenever I get married :D Also I want to be solidly at goal by the time I move away for grad school in spring 2015, which I think is completely doable since thats over a year away. It will be so neat to meet new people who haven't seen me at a larger size!

Deana509
11-10-2013, 12:42 AM
I want to be at least close to gaol by my college graduation in May of 2014... I reached my highest weight while I have been at school, and I'd like to reach my lowest "adult" weight and not wear an extra large graduation gown at graduation.

Davikatl16
11-11-2013, 09:52 AM
My next actual event will be my graduation from undergrad in May 2014. After that I assume I'd want to find myself a boy and start a family and such. Also traveling, lots of traveling. :)

goldengirlamy
11-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Definately having a baby in the next few years...graduating with my masters in Dec of 2014, I really don't wanna look huger in graduation robes...after that DH and I are planning a two week trip across the United Kingdom...def. need to be in shape for it, we're not planning on backpacking, but we will want to sight see.

AAB123
11-12-2013, 06:24 AM
My brother's wedding at the end of March 2014...my ENTIRE family will be there. I know I wont be at goal, but I want to look better. I have a good four months to make something happen!

Best part is I am in the wedding, but we don't have to have matching dresses. We all just need full length navy blue gowns (designer, cut, style, etc. is our choice), so there isn't extra stress in terms of fitting into a dress or not having to wear one that isn't flattering. I want to go shopping in early March and get something that looks awesome on me!

thewalrus0
11-12-2013, 03:21 PM
I would really really like to be at goal by the time I graduate with my Bachelor's.

I'll likely be leaving state or at least going to a different city to get my Master's and it would be so cool to be at my goal already so that I can focus on making friends, getting my masters and getting ready to start a career for myself. I just would like my weight to be less of an issue for me.

MichiganBridetoBe
11-13-2013, 12:43 PM
My wedding, which is in May 2015.

namaste984
11-13-2013, 10:20 PM
My wedding! I am getting married in a year and a half and I can't wait to rock a healthy body. :)

namaste984
11-13-2013, 10:21 PM
MichiganBridetoBe, so is mine!!! May 16, 2015. :)

CrystalClear25
11-17-2013, 11:55 PM
I have two really...

One, I'd like to be at, or nearer to, my ideal weight by the time I graduate from university June 2015.

Two, I'd love to be physically fit before me and my husband starting trying to have kids. I know that it would be so much better if I was and I'd be able to exercise easier while pregnant if I'm fitter before hand. We want to start trying shortly after I graduate from university.

mhill0823
11-18-2013, 10:26 AM
My cousin that is 8 days younger than me is getting married in Oct 2014 and my aunt let it slip that she is going to ask me to be in the wedding so I have just under a year to get fit for that! It made my goal even more important to me!!

Then of course I want to by at goal for my own wedding one day but lord only knows how far away that is!

Radiojane
11-18-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm on the old end of 20's so I'd really like to be done by my 30th, which gives me just about 22 months exactly.

On a closer note, my cousin is getting married next August. another 70 or so by then would be fantastic.

kisskiss
11-18-2013, 04:04 PM
I want to celebrate the New Year at goal. My goal has constantly had to change as I've gotten lower, but at this point I'm focusing on 125-135.

truehappiness
11-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I haven't seen my fiance in 6 months! We live in different countries, and I am going to move to his home country in 6 weeks. (By the time I see him it will be 7 months without seeing each other!)

Although he is completely happy with how I look, I still would love to see his jaw drop (even more) the moment he sees me for the first time at the airport. That special date for me is Jan. 1st, so I am really trying hard to get in good shape :)

blackinkstyle
11-18-2013, 06:36 PM
I'd really like to get my weight down to go on a vacation. Of course, I don't have any kind of vacay planned right now, but my bf and I have been discussing taking a week in February or march and I'd really like to be down a few sizes by then. If nothing else, to curb my fear of not fitting in airplane seats, but also so that we can have more fun and stay active in our trip.

fuma
11-19-2013, 02:48 PM
I really want to be fit, when I start my masters next year :) I'm not moving or anything, but it would be nice to return by the end of summer all fit and happy about my body...

Dollfaise
11-23-2013, 01:54 PM
I would like to be slim for my 26th birthday. I've got plenty of time, I only just turned 25 in August. :)

But overall, the big event I would like to be slim for is my wedding day. I'm not even engaged yet and I don't imagine I'll be married until 2015/2016 but that's the big goal. Lose it and keep it gone!

grinchygirl
11-24-2013, 07:36 PM
I would really love to be halfway to my goal (35 lbs lost) by my sister's wedding June 2014, I'm the maid of honor.

But my real goal is to lose all 70 lbs by my college graduation in May 2015. I hit my peek weight at my high school graduation and want to fix it for the next one. :)

Lecomtes
11-24-2013, 08:40 PM
I want to be in shape for life. :)

yespositively
11-25-2013, 12:35 PM
My boyfriend and I are talking about getting married next year. So far even talk (no formal engagement) has been great motivation!

Jamiemae
11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Two of my best friends moved to Florida for a year and will be returning in May and no pictures have been exchanged, so I would like to share my success with them :) they always been so supportive in every aspect of my life.:hug:

shr1nk1ngme
11-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Nvm

helwa588
11-28-2013, 09:19 PM
I'd like to be fit before getting pregnant. Being thin before getting married is nice too. But I think the being fit before starting a family is more important to me.

delmarva
11-28-2013, 09:58 PM
My husband and I work out together and lost weight together. We're doing this so we can enjoy retirement in 10 years. We have several long walking treks planned. Our bucket list includes the New Zealand Milford Sound walk, walks in Pembrokeshire (UK), and walks along the Dalmatian Coast. We like road trips and cycling as much as any other active outdoor person, but the real reason we want to stay fit is to be able to go from town to town on our own two feet. These are trips we can only do after retirement as they take weeks. We rambled overseas in our twenties, and we want to do it again 40 years later. You'd be surprised at the serendipitous things that happen when you walk from place to place.

IanG
11-28-2013, 10:00 PM
I've wasted the last two decades of my f@cking life being fat.

Enough said.

So, now.

Jamiemae
12-03-2013, 10:18 AM
I have a ticker!! Sorry i'm just really excited. I can't wait to go on vacation and not worry about being on the beach and just having fun.

Jamiemae
12-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I just got some great news! Looks like I will be taking a trip to Europe in May or June! Lines up well with plan and will be a great gift to myself. I have never been and get to pick where ever I want to go so any suggestions would be appreciated!! :carrot:
2 dreams will come true next year!!!

also hit the 40 lbs mark last night at the WI

I hope everyone else is having a great Wednesday!!!:carrot:

noelle8310
12-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Back from a little 3fc break...again...

My biggie is for my wedding which is June 21, 2014. I do noooooot want to have chunky chunky arms for the big day!

amallison
12-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Well, this is way too soon to lose the 30 pounds I want to lose to be at my goal but I would like to lose at least 10 by January 25th. My husband and I never got a real honeymoon and he earned a cruise for production at work this year so we're treating it as our honeymoon...7 years later!

Plus he decided last night to put a little wager on who can lose the most before our trip...game on sucker!

cfan
12-13-2013, 01:43 PM
The one event is my wedding. I want to look great and be able to look back and see that for this great life moment, I would look truly as beautiful and as perfect as possible.

steinanwine
12-13-2013, 06:01 PM
It's coming up fast! A week long trip to London in Mid-April to see 2 high school friends I haven't seen in about 10 years!

I actually don't really care about being skinny for my friends but for the vacation itself. For the photos, for all the walking etc. It's no fun to feel self conscious while on vacation!

I'm going to have spent a lot of money on this trip, I need to have "earned" it by shedding some pounds and then really enjoying myself!

fashinjunkie09
12-20-2013, 09:34 AM
I am a bridesmaid in a good friends wedding next year (May 2014). It's basically going to be like a high school reunion, so I really want to lose weight before then. I've lost about 10 lbs so far and would like to lose another 20 by then. It still won't put me back at my high school weight but I will look a heck of a lot better than I do now!

Also, DH and I have a trip planned to Mexico in June 2014 that I would like to look great for!

ShrinkingStudent
12-21-2013, 09:07 AM
It's late at night so i didn't read all responses but i'm geussing my main one is just life in general and it is probably shared by many, i just want to be able to live my life the way "normal" people are able to.
My real one that I'm aiming for though is heading back to campus life next march, I would love to be able to meet all my new dormies and be seen as being fit and healthy. And then on to my 21st birthday in April.

OhThePlaces
12-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Two summer events....

My 30th birthday and a family reunion. It's time to take off the 30 lbs I've gained this year!

Melonlefey
12-22-2013, 03:41 PM
I would like to be in shape before I finish undergrad first, because I have much more energy the more I lose and more energy is ALWAYS good for college and second, because people take their first impressions from the way you look (sad but true) so when I move after college I'd like to be able to make great first impressions :D

yohasoy
04-03-2014, 12:58 PM
For me it's gonna be college graduation and summer holiday (I want to learn how to surf and I want to do it in a bikini)

nonameslob
04-03-2014, 01:22 PM
I'd like to be at a healthy weight by the time we move to Colorado (next summer). The whole reason we're moving is for the adventure...the hiking, the mountains, all the wonderful outdoor things we can do there, and I want to be as fit and healthy as possible to enjoy it. Plus, it seems like everyone who lives there is so healthy, that I want to fit in with them, to be confident enough to make new friends, etc.

Of course, I'd also like to be at my "ideal weight" (whatever that is) when I get married, whenever that will be.

dragonstar85
04-03-2014, 02:08 PM
my 30th birthday. I have 1 year and 1 month to go.

thirti4thirty
04-03-2014, 03:36 PM
LIFE!!! What else?

MrsDeenz
04-03-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't have a life event I want to be fit for. I just want to be healthy, really.

LiveTheChange
04-04-2014, 06:10 AM
I am going on vacation for the first time in 4 years. It's a tropical local, I'm going with family and friends. I want to make memories I'm going to remember, not spend the whole time dodging the camera and being sell conscious about what I look like in my bathing suit.