Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2013, 12:50 AM   #1  

Default I lost weight after my nagging gf left me :D

When i was with this girl she`d complain i spend to much time at the local swimming pool/fitness centre. She'd ask me where i am and i'll tell her the fitness centre. She'll come by and ruin my workout ...then want me to leave after 10 mins of being there. What kind of workout can i do in ten mins? My god i cant even shower and put on my clothes in that time. Then we'll go out for dinner and i always pay for crap i dont even like eating. She'll order a bunch of things she doesnt even eat much of. Expecting me to help her finish her meals. Since she left im 30 lbs lighter and at a ideal weight(a sight which says im athletic lol) .

I just had to get this story off my chest. Dont ever let some gf/bf stop you from achieving your goals of weight loss or dreams.
skinnyagainColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Great job Colin!! My bf has recently loss 40 lbs and I'm trying not to be the nagging gf, lol. He works out everyday, sometimes twice a day and I encourage him to keep it up. We used to work out together, but the past couple of months, I've been a slacker. I plan on getting back on track this week! Keep up the good work!!!
StaceyDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Yeah Colin! Sounds like she did you a BIG favor. Don't stay with someone who causes you to change who you are for all the wrong reasons.

I too lost weight after leaving my ex. I actually tried losing weight several times, but he kept sabotaging my progress once other men started noticing me. And I'd cave. But this time, I didn't cave to any of it, so he dumped me. AND I'M SO HAPPY!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes other people can be toxic. I remember having a boyfriend in high school who put me down a lot, would always suggest I eat more and looking back I think he wanted me to gain weight so that nobody else would look at me. Your ex sounds very controlling, it's never a good thing to have people controlling you. Glad you got out of that, maybe your next girlfriend will enjoy physically activity and fitness.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Good for you, Colin. No one should be in a relationship where their partner doesn't support them if they're trying to better themselves, especially for something as big as this.

Congratulations on your loss.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote