Chicks up for a Challenge - Stay on Plan Challenge (anyone welcome anytime)

BonnieL
10-11-2013, 09:13 AM
This challenge is stay on your plan, whatever it is, and come here at least twice a week and post how you are doing and provide support for others. You can post your plan here if you want, but it is not nessesary.

My plan includes eating mostly healthy, low-glycemic index food, doing a reasonable amount of exercise and getting enough sleep (which is a real challenge for me).

Kaitie9399
10-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Well, I haven't really be OP for a few days but I've been maintaining my 158.6 so that's a good thing.

I've been delayed yet another month with my 'master plan'. My goal was 160 and now that I'm there, well passed it by a little, I'm ready to start but no....I'm on pause. *sigh* I almost cried when the nurse told me on the phone.

Anyway, thanks for moving us to a new thread Bonnie, the old one was getting long. :-)

BonnieL
10-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Hi Katie - maintaining is way better than gaining! I have not been fully OP either, but I am trying not to go way off in the hope that I will not gain. I ate a little somethign I was not planning to (a littl brownie cupcake) and now I am tempted to eat lots of other bad stuff, but am trying not too, and telling myself if I can just stop now, and get back OP tomorrow, it will probably not set me back much. It is very hard though, really want to go get cookies or ice cream and eat them. Ugh!

Kaitie9399
10-12-2013, 08:53 PM
I am so far off plan today that I've reached the point of food regret. I had a piece of apple cake this morning. Subway meatball sub plus regular chips and 12 ounces of soda. Then I had a small turkey and cheese sandwich that I didn't want but had to eat because someone was forcing it on me. Then I had pretzels because they were there. And finally, I had 3 pieces of cake--yes 3. Sure if you put them all together it would've been 1.5 regular pieces but it was still three pieces--and more soda and now I just had a 'fun size' peppermint patty.

So not good. My scale was up this morning to 159.4, I can only imagine the damage I did today. Do I even bother trying to exercise tonight? It's not going to help.

Ugh. Why did I do this, I just couldn't stop myself--or didn't want to stop myself.

BonnieL
10-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Katie - let's just start over today and going forward try not to do these things to ourselves!!! I managed not to eat more last night, b/c DH & wound up getting into a big time comsuming fight. Not a good way to avoid binging! But at least on the scale this morning I was only up half a pound. Dont usually have yelling fights w/ DH, maybe once or twice a year & it is very upsetting!

Sigh, trying to get back OP today, but it is hard b/c I have a back injury that is hurting so I don't know if I should exercise.

love2b150
10-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Kaitie ... again thanks for the invite

I am delighted to say ....

Today I have been OP. I had an Atkins shake before church because that is all I had time for. For lunch I had chicken salad made with mayo and sweet relish (I bought some dill relish today) with spinach. For dinner I am trying to finish some chicken sausage with green pepper and cucumber. oh snack was 25 pistachios and even though the plan that I am following doesn't call for it I may have a sugar free gelatin for my evening snack.

Have a great evening everyone :hug:

Kaitie9399
10-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Hello love!!! I'm glad you're here!

Ok, today was better. Mostly OP. I had incredible shakiness this morning...what did I expect. I sugar loaded last night and didn't have any dinner and then I slept in late--anyway, I had a bagel and the shakes went away. I haven't felt like that in a few years. Anyway, my asthma is driving me crazy too, I'm wondering if the over sugar loading had anything to do with it.

OK! On to tomorrow.

love2b150
10-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Kaitie the shakes that's not good! Glad the bagel helped :hug:

my OP day gave me a 3lb drop on the scale :yay: I know it's just water but I will surely take it. Hoping for great results today also :)

Lindy87
10-14-2013, 11:17 AM
I think I need this challenge to get back on track. I soon as I lose 10 lbs then I always get off track and totally stop. I don't want that to happen again.

love2b150
10-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Lindy at least you get to 10lbs. I can't even do that ... most times I fall off the wagon. I think my body is afraid to go under 185. I don't know what my problem is.

Though today so far so good. :crossed:

We CAN do this, YES we CAN!!

Kaitie9399
10-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Good Evening Ladies!

Mostly OP for the day, no soda or sugar snack foods. I'm tired though! It's on 7:20 and I feel like it's 10:00!

I will eventually get my behind off the computer and go do a little wfp (wii fit plus). I love that it feels like a game but it's really exercise!

Love: Bravo on the 3 pounds!!! Keep pushing and soon you'll be saying 'Hello!' to the 170's!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

love2b150
10-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks Kaitie :) ... maybe your body is telling you that you need more rest. Even if you don't go to sleep, just lay down and rest :hug:

Second good day ...

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs with mayo & sweet relish
2 strips of bacon

Lunch
chicken salad
salad greens, spinach w/ classic Caesar & cheese

Dinner
1/4lb burger, cheese, mustard, 1/4 tsp of ketchup
cucumber

Snack after the gym'
25 shelled pistachios

2.20 miles on the treadmill and a 20-25 crunches on the machine

BonnieL
10-15-2013, 06:41 AM
So glad you have joined us love2be150 (I would too) and Lindy. Lindy, I almost always regain what I lose, at least now I lose a little more than the regain before I start gainig again. But I really understand what a frustrating cycle it is.

I have lots of stressful stuff going on now, and am going further and further off plan. Ugh! Have been eating sugar and white bread. Way off my diabetes friendly eating plan.

But I have been hanging on enough not to eat. ore than my alloted calories each day. Hope I can at least do this till things calm down a little and I can get back under control.

GettinFit
10-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Hello ladies,

I'm checking in to report that I'm finally back on track and doing good. The scale is on the way down. I hope you all are having a great Tuesday.

love2b150
10-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks Bonnie, I'm type 2. Please share any tips you have on eating for us. So far the low carbs the last two days are working great. But with this way of eating that I want to continue for a full 14 days, I don't know if I will ever be able to add breads, pasta and rice back in. I know cookies or candy would set me off. I told the family yesterday that as of today (yesterday) I will no longer be buying snacks/junk food, not to keep in the house. I have given them all of my junk food. It's funny when you give it to them it takes them a long time to eat it but if it's mine they will eat with me until it's done or constantly ask for it, :dizzy: I'm sorry to hear about the stress, I hope things get better soon :hug:

Hi GettinFit, great job getting back OP and the scale is moving :high:

I've only had breakfast which was OP

2 whole eggs, 1 svg egg whites w/ cheese and a strip of bacon (I didn't eat all of the eggs and gave a strip of bacon to my daughter) I was satisfied so I stopped eating. I pray I can keep this going :)

Have a great day Everyone :hug:

Hoopty
10-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Oh man, it took me FOREVER to find this thread lol!

Hello everybody :wave: It's nice to be back and thanks BonnieL for starting us off!

I had a pretty bad UTI, still on antibiotics and to top it off I'm PMS-ing like crazy. I've been completely off plan, especially this past weekend since we all celebrated my Dad's 70th birthday and I ate like a pig (mostly salty stuff, too).
Needless to say, I've packed on some pounds, 147.4 lbs this morning, but I was OP yesterday and today as well because I just can't afford to eat crappy food anymore. I will take one pound at a time. First goal is to get back to 143 lbs, then out of the 140s FOR GOOD!

Kaitie9399
10-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Oy Vey!!!!

Good news: Scale is at 157.8. .8 pounds and I'll be at a -50 pounds.

Bad news: So my master plan included me having to take Reciplen (a bc pill) to suppress my ovaries. Unfortunately, it also interacts with Metformin--which no one told me could happen. So, Sunday I have wacky crazy dreams and I wake up shaky as all get up. I eat a bagel and most of the rest of the day was fine. Asthma was bothering me but no more shakes. Monday, wacky dreams again and feeling ok. I knew that the shakes were only at bay and not controlled. Last night I exercise and take my metformin and reciplen and go to bed. I wake up at 1:00 shaking like crazy, I eat some peanut butter and tried to eat some cereal but the shakes were still there. I go to the ER for the first time in my life and after 3 hours they tell me that nothing is wrong. Seriously. I leave the hospital still shaky (not as bad) and starving but not wanting to eat anything. I eat one ritz cracker and go to bed. I wake up this morning and I'm ok, I still feel weird and like I'm only just barely keeping the shakes away. My blood sugar levels are fine. I think I'm having a reaction to this reciplen. Doctor hasn't called me back yet. Yeah. Nice to know that I spent all that time in the ER and 'there's nothing wrong'.

love2b150
10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Hoopty when I have to find a thread, I search the post of an active user of that post and then I find it easily :) Nice to meet you and I hope you recover fully soon :) Happy birthday to your Dad :)

Kaitie, it looks like you are gonna have to figure things out on your own unless you make an appointment with your doctor. Sorry to hear things aren't going as planned, but at least now you can avoid those shakes :)

Lunch for me was a success

I had 2 cups of salad greens and 2 cups of spinach w/cheese and classic Caesar and my chicken salad which is now gone so I'm going to have to make tuna for the rest of the week :D I'm on my second bottle of water with lunch and third of the day. I did have my morning coffee also.

Well ttyl :hug:

love2b150
10-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Resisting temptation right now. There are animal crackers staring at me and I can't have any. Oh how I would love to have just one but one would turn into two and we know the rest

BonnieL
10-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi guys - totally off now. Soper stressed & not doing well. After tomorrow things may get a little better. I hope they do and that I can start to get back on track before I regain much!

GettinFit
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Kaitie - Congrats on your 50 pounds:carrot: You've done an awesome job.

Great job everyone else for staying OP.

I had another good day. After work I did a 45 minute walk and I stayed within my Points range for the day. Tomorrow is my WW weigh in and I'm sure I'll have a loss.

I hope you all have a great evening.

GettinFit
10-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Bonnie,

I just saw your post. I hope things get better for you and you're able to get back on track. Hang in there.

Kaitie9399
10-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Resist Love!! Resist the crackers!!!!!

LawGirl88
10-15-2013, 10:58 PM
I for sure need some on plan accountability! Being of the week last week was awesome and when I got back on here after a couple years, but the weekend sucked. Between being busy busy busy and the stress of grandma being in the hospital AGAIN it call caught up to me. But today I am totally OP....calories are under goal with room for some popcorn snack and I did a 20 minute ish Fitness Blender workout. Those things are kinda hard but I love that you're not getting some over whelming personality!!

Kaitie9399
10-16-2013, 09:44 PM
:welcome: LawGirl!

Not quite OP today....ok I'll fess up. I had a three pack of hostess cupcakes. They were delicious. Anyway, the rest of the day was fine. I think the new meds and taking all my pills at different times during the day is helping me to not OD on them. I'm still annoyed that the ER said that there was nothing wrong with me when I was shaking like freakin' mad. Anyway. I'm tired. I'll do some exercise tomorrow.

Happy Thursday Everyone--It's the Project Runway Finale--so excited, except if Alexandria wins, then I'll be annoyed. Anyway!!! Good luck tomorrow!

LawGirl88
10-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks Katie!

I ended up being a tiny bit over my goal last night but still totally on plan.

Today I ate a bit of an unhealthy lunch after sitting on the phone with Verizon for over an hour. Ugh! I always feel like it takes 10 attempts to get them to listen, but maybe that's my own fault for being so anal about how my phone works.

Still on plan number wise today, no workout had to get back on the phone with verizon and got salad with my dad and it just feels to late to workout now. :/

Bummed to be without my tracking app on my phone I love I love I love it but my bf is going to help resist my phone to it's full glory tonight.

---Katie that's so frustrating about the ER isn't it terrible how meds are supposed to help us but half of them make us worse. I blame a good amount of my weight gain on meds and the rest on how lazy they made me! This is short term antibiotics though right?!

Hoopty
10-17-2013, 05:35 PM
love2b150 - Were you able to resist the crackers? How have you been doing?

Lawgirl88 - Welcome :wave: I see you're a Niners fan, I hope you guys stomp the Titans this Sunday!

--

I've been on plan and got a 20-minute workout in today, not much, but granted that I haven't been able to get rid of this headache I think it's something.
TOM is right around the corner and it's showing on the scale. I'm trying to be patient.

Sig
10-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Good evening. I would like to join to support as well get help with motivation to stick with the Low Carb plan. I've been up and down so many times, it is time to get serious about weight loss. Great posts!!

love2b150
10-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Kaitie I apologize .... BIG BIG :congrat: on the 50lbs GONE :yay: YOU :) Kaitie I love Hostess cupcakes, so I could see myself easily doing the same thing ... glad you caught yourself :)

Bonnie here's some :dust: for you :hug:

GettinFit hope your weigh in was what you wanted to see :)

LawGirl nice to have you join us :) which tracking app do you use? Is
your phone fixed now?

Hoopty thanks for asking ... yes, I resisted the crackers on Tuesday, shortbread on Wednesday and cheddar crackers today. I am really proud of myself. The kids made hotdogs this evening and I wanted one so bad but it isn't on MFP and I can't have it. I plan my meals the day before. So far so good ... :D ... keep that patience my friend :hug:

Sig :wel3fc: and the thread :) Kaitie invited me over and I am glad she did ... thanks Kaitie :hug:

Kaitie9399
10-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Good Evening Everyone!!!!

Ok, is there a such thing as almost OP???? My calories are around 1600 but that doesn't mean that they were good calories. I'll do better tomorrow.

Thanks for the congrats! This time there is only one reason for me to ever gain some of this weight back so cross your fingers that that good reason finally happens. I've been waiting for 14 years. That being said, I don't want to be one of those crazy preggo ladies that gains 100 pounds--I have a serious fear of looking fat while pregnant. I had a friend once who was seriously overweight, like 300 pounds and she was pregnant but you couldn't tell. I don't want that to be me. I want to look pregnant and not fat.

Anyway, Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

love2b150
10-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Kaitie, :crossed: for you :hug:

StellaJervis
10-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Hello everyone, so I'm really going to try to stick with my diet plan this time. I am on a low-sugar diet, because my skin is out of control and I am also having serious stomach issues, too. Here are my two rules:
1. Pack food the night before
2. Stop thinking about food all day, every day. It's such a silly obsession, and I don't actually do anything proactive. I stare at recipes all day long, and then lazy me reaches for the easiest thing that will satisfy my raging cravings. So, I'm going to set aside a time to think and plan, and the go for it.

Meal plan:
Drink water and tea with lemon
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: Big Honking Salad
Dinner: Thrive Diet Pizza
Snack: Orange that I have pre-peeled, and pre-cut apple
Anytime I want because I love them: Potatoes

I'm also going to get into the habit of throwing away sugary treats. I get them all the time, it's terrible. I'll just throw it away privately and move on.

GettinFit
10-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Hello ladies,

:welcome2: LawGirl, Sig & Stella. love2b150 I don't remember if I've officially welcomed you so WELCOME if I have not. I don't get to be on the boards as much as I'd like to since I started a new job in May.

I'm hanging in there and I've been 100% OP for almost 2 weeks now. I lost 3 pounds at my W/I last Wednesday and it looks like I'm going to have a good loss this week. This journey is soooo hard because I am a junk food addict but I am taking it one day at a time and so far so good. I have been getting my workouts in too.

I hope you all have a great OP week;)

tefrey
10-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Staying on plan but it's hard right now because I've hit a plateau. The first 35 pounds were relatively painless and now I am struggling to keep going. I was at the grocery store, and the candy was next to something I needed ... and I looked at it, and was like "maybe I should get some chocolate, something fancy and small, that won't cause much damage" but then I turned away and said to myself, "even if it only delays getting off this blasted plateau by five minutes it's not worth it."

So I'm staying on plan, but it's so hard right now. Tomorrow is my birthday and I have to see my family (it's another family member's birthday as well). I think they know not to get a cake, I hope they know not to get a cake, but if they do I'm not sure how to say, "My diet's not working right now, so I really need to stay on my diet." As non-dieters they aren't going to understand.

But I believe I will get past this. I've started weight training as well as more intensive cardio and I hope that gets thing going. I sort of feel like I'm losing fat even though the scale isn't moving, I *think* my belly and arms are tightening up ... but I can't prove it yet.

GettinFit
10-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Good morning everyone,

Tefrey - Hang in there and you WILL get pass your plateau!

All is going good with me. Sticking to my WW plan and getting in some good workouts. Did an intense 45 min hilly walk yesterday and planning on doing a Firm workout today.

I hope everyone is having a great OP day.

love2b150
10-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Stella :wel3fc:

GettinFit, I believe we were on a thread together some time ago. Thanks for the welcome. Congratulations on the 3lb loss. I hope you are having an OP week also. :)

tefrey :bravo: on leaving the candy behind :) Great job! Happy Birthday to you :) My husband and my son both had birthday's last week. I absolutely love white cake icing. Thank goodness my husband likes carrot cake (I don't) and my son didn't want a cake but his brother decided cupcakes anyway. I purposely bought cupcakes from Walmart. I don't like them from there so it made my sweet tooth bearable :D I agree non-dieters don't understand unless they have previously been on a diet.
... on your body tightening up, you can prove it. Take your measurements. My scale isn't moving either just the same few ounces back and forth but I wore a pair of slacks that I haven't worn in a very long time. :) So I know that I am tightening or something :D

Kaitie9399
10-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

Not OP for the day but I did do 46 minutes of zumba! and 14 minutes of wfp, so that's a good thing.

I have p-t conferences this week. You can imagine how many parents come to visit the music teacher. I do manage to get a lot done during that time though. I'm caught up on most of my grades, I should be able to finish that during the first 2 hours of conferences tomorrow which leaves me the last glorious two hours to work on my lesson plans. Yippee. Tomorrow's breakfast and lunch will be OP but it's our traditional 'go out to eat between conference sessions' night so we're going to Olive Garden. It'll be fine--and yummy!!!

Anyway, I should go to bed. Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Hoopty
10-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Hello everybody,

I've been doing well with my calories and food choices. However, I need to start exercising more. TOM should be here anytime soon and I'm very curious to see whether I'm gonna have a whooosh or not.

I told myself to stay away from any major cheat days until DH's birthday on November 9th. I'm still working on getting back down to 142 lbs, then back into the 130s (I'm at 146.2 lbs right now) so I can't afford to be cheating, at all. I do have chocolate every once in a while (last night for example) but I'm talking about those days where every meal pretty much consists of mostly junk food.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Kaitie9399
10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Hi Everyone!

Computer batteries about to die.....

OP for breakfast and lunch. Moderately OP for dinner and not OP for having dessert!!

Conferences were fine, I had one parent in the past two days. About five minutes to 8 tonight someone pulled the fire alarm so we got out a little early. That's a first--I guess both getting out early and having the fire alarm pulled. Some parent was not a happy camper.

Anyway, on to tomorrow.

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Kaitie9399
10-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Wow, where is everyone?

I am extremely OFF PLAN.

I must refocus. Scale hit 160.4 this morning and I didn't do anything that would stop it from going up again today. My mindset is wrong. It's the same mindset I had last time, I reached my goal so I'm done. Wrong you stupid idiot. Wrong. Do you want to be a fat butt again???????? I never learn.

BonnieL
10-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone! So glad to see so many people here!

I have been way off plan & regained about 7 pounds. I just worked so hard to lose them, and bam, I gianed them right back. :( The worst part is that I not really totally back OP yet. Every few days I am trying to do just one more OP behavior. Hopefully soon I will be back OP. But I have a back injury now, and dont know if I will be able to do all my exercise for quire a while. I was stopped at a red light and a car plowed into my car. That is what started the stress and going way off plan I think.

Katie - have you figrued out how to handle your medications? I hope you are feelinf ok now. I find drs so frustrating, seems like they just rish you in and out & dont spend enough time to closely focus on you!

BonnieL
10-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Still not totally OP, but getting closer!

Hoopty
10-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm still doing pretty well, even started to work out much more! The scale hasn't moved in 3 days, which I am absolutely okay with, but I am excited to soon see a movement downwards.

Halloween is not really celebrated over here so I'm not subjected to any kind of candy, really. I am very, very excited for DH's birthday (Nov 9th) though, just trying to lose a little more to give me some room for a cheat day.

love2b150
10-29-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm still around, been busy with life and this online class that I'm taking for work.

I have been mostly OP with a few slip ups here and there. My weight is coming back down so that is a plus. I'm really hoping to have a nice loss for October.

I want to be in the 170's by Thanksgiving. That will be my motivation to not overeat and be miserable like I always do.

BonnieL
10-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi Hoopty - you are lucky not to have Halloween! DH just came home with a big bag of candy, which I am resisting (so far anyway).

Rennie - congrats on moving forward, all those pretty good days will add up!

I am still not completely OP, but getting closer. Mostly I just have to add back in all my exercise, but I may not be able to do that for a while because I injured my back.

love2b150
10-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks Bonnie, and I sure hope to see better results soon :) That's what I needed to add back in was my exercise. It sure does make a difference.

I'm making an attempt to learn to run. I can only run for 30 seconds and then I am so winded I have to slow the treadmill down. I will keep trying to increase my time. I watch other people on the treadmill and they start with a slow warm up and then take off for the remainder of their time. I so want to keep up, but I just look out of the window and do what I can :)

My husband noticed my jeans are too big. It made me feel so good. I mentioned to him that I was gonna show him and he said he had already noticed.

October loss is 4.2lbs.

Hoopty
10-31-2013, 05:13 PM
BonnieL - Glad to hear you're slowly getting back on track! I hope your back feels better soon :hug:

love2b150 - Yay! That's an awesome NSV right there! Keep up the good work :)

---

I've been doing well, nothing new to report other than the scale has been really, really nice to me lately. I'm not gonna get too excited yet as I feel like most of it is just water. Can't believe it's almost November already, whaat?! :eek:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone :)

BonnieL
10-31-2013, 07:58 PM
still somewhere near fully OP - biggest thing I still need to add in is exercise

Hoopty - glad the scale is treating you well

Renny - when i was at my highest weight, i want really out of breath and tired just from walking 10 minutes. that was 2 years ago, and now i can comfortably go for an hour. it was a slow process, but has improved a lot. i bet your running will be the same, just stick to it and you will improve over time

love2b150
10-31-2013, 08:42 PM
thanks Hoopty ... you know I always said (because I had heard/read) that the first 12-15lbs is water ... but when I mentioned it on a thread recently I was asked who said that. SOOOOO I'll just take my loss and run :D You do the same :) and we'll keep it moving :) Yeah I said the same thing on the way to work this morning ... November is here ... WOW!

Bonnie, I am definitely gonna keep at it but you know when I run (attempt) I always feel like I'm going to fly off the treadmill ... isn't that crazy.

Kaitie where are you?

BonnieL
11-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi Rennie!

Still trying to get fully OP, eating ok. Will start to add in a little exercise this weekend and see if my back is ok.

Kaitie9399
11-02-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm here. I've been off plan all week. I ate so much chocolate on Halloween that I made myself sick. :-( I'm finding it hard to focus on my weight while trying to focus on this IVF cycle.

Love: I can run in 30 second - 1 minute bursts. I try to walk, get faster, run and then go back to walk, get faster again, then run and just keep repeating that for as long as I can.

BonnieL
11-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Still not fully on plan, but getting close. Added in a little exercise today. Trying to get back to all the good healthy things I was doing makes me realize how many good things I was doing. Sure is hard to get back there.

Katie - I almost ate halloween candy. Would have done it, but we were running low and DH insisted it was for the kids & that I couldn't have any unless there was extra at the end, and there wasnt. I was vary mad at him at the time, but now I'm glad I didn't have any.

BonnieL
11-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Closer, but not fully OP yet.

Where is everyone?

Hoopty
11-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Heeeeere! I've been OP and slowly losing which I'm very happy with. Just not much to report over here. DH's birthday is this Saturday and we're going to 2 different buffets - one for breakfast, one for dinner. I would like to be close to 141 lbs by then as it would give me some room for water retention/sodium bloat, and then I will make my way to the 130s (hopefully by Thanksgiving :crossed:)

How's everyone doing?

BonnieL
11-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Good job Hoopty!

I am very close to being fully OP now. Another week or so and I should be all the way there. As of this morning, got back down to where I was before all the regains! :)

love2b150
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Bonnie how are you doing? Glad to hear you added some exercise. It is definitely hard to get back into it but once I do, I feel so good. Feels like I've accomplished something. :) How's your back? Nice to hear about this morning Bonnie, way to go :high:

Kaitie, that is exactly what I do. Though I can't get to the minute yet. But I sure do try. I haven't given up :yay: to us :)

Hoopty great plan :)

I'll be honest I had a interesting eating day today. The rest of the days haven't been too bad but today was like ... OK I can have that, .2 added yesterday was gone today. Silly talk to myself, knowing that .2 is nothing. But I went to the gym and did a 4 mile brisk walk. Since I hadn't been in two days I wanted to take it slow. Plus my knees were popping and cracking every time I got up today so I was afraid to over do it. But will definitely get back to it tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow and me too :hug:

BonnieL
11-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Rennie: I can relate to feeling good over the .2, I'm always happy when I'm anything lower (though I also tell myself its a little silly - I'm still happy inside) ;). Good job on getting back on track before you go too far astray.

Had an OP day today! Yeah! But scale was up a pound and a half for no reason - am trying to ignor it & stick to my plan.

love2b150
11-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Thanks Bonnie and :woohoo: to staying OP and ignoring that scale :high: You can do it :hug:

Another .2 down this morning, but we left the gym then went to Kroger and I was hungry so I ate 3 boneless buffalo wings and an apple grape pack ... hoping for a no gain or another .2 :D

have a good night everyone :hug:

love2b150
11-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Happy Veteran's Day to ALL of our Veteran's … Thank you for your service. :hug:

I am down to 181.4 as of this morning. I so hope to get into the 170's soon and stay there. I have been doing pretty good but like you've said Bonnie it's not always 100% but the scale is moving. I am continuing to do my cardio which helped before. I need to get out of the box and strength train with my son. He is toning and dropping weight (we both sweat like crazy). He isn't doing any cardio though he says he will with me today. We shall see ;)

Hoopty
11-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone,

After a super high-calorie weekend I am back on track. DH's birthday was awesome, the food was delicious and we had a great time together. I went from 140.6 lbs on Saturday to 144.0 lbs on Sunday to 143.2 lbs this morning. I am hoping to get rid of the weekend-pounds soon!
Today, I went for a 20min HIIT run and lifted weights afterwards. Haven't felt the post-workout happiness in such a long time... :)

BonnieL
11-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Rennie - I was doing weights before, and really sweating - that surprised me! I found weights very good for toning. Another thing I still need to do to get back fully OP (sigh)

Hoopty- hi there! I'm still working on getting the last little bit of my regain off too. We will do it!!!

My back injury is doing a lot better now. Big relief! It still hurts a little, but almost ok. I hope to get fully back on track with all my exercise by the end of the week, but I'll have to see how my back feels as I dont want to reinjure. Keepi g my fingers crossed that it goes ok.

love2b150
11-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Hoopty those numbers will go back down before you know it :) Good job today :high:

Bonnie, I'm gonna get out there with my son one day. He did 30 minutes of cardio with me tonight so I owe him ;) Hope your back gets better soon :hug:

Well my calories today were off the chain. In all of my years of calorie counting I have never added all of the junk I ate when I messed up. Today's meals were planned on MFP as usual. I heated my cream of crab soup up for lunch (left the top off) picked up my laptop and knocked it over. :mad: So after cleaning the floor (rug) I had to go to the store to buy some pants (couldn't walk around for the next 5.5 hours smelling of crab) I didn't have time to eat the salad that I had brought to go with my soup so I bought a bag of sour cream and onion chips. Not a wise decision. Between the drive back to work and then coming home I ate the entire bag 3.5 servings. I also had about two servings of cheddar popcorn, and two servings of cheddar crackers, SMH. What on earth happened … my brain malfunctioned and my month went crazy. I then came home and ate part of a fried chicken breast. So according to MFP I was over in calories by 1005. My calorie burn tonight according to Nike+ was 596 so that is still 409 calories more than I should've had. I also had a whole can of regular Coke because I was so sleepy by 3:30 it was crazy. … oh well it's already bad I'll just not add it to MFP.

I will do better tomorrow and the rest of the week. NO MORE slip ups and NO MORE loosing control.

Rest well everyone :hug:

love2b150
11-12-2013, 07:40 AM
only up by .6 this morning to 182 even … I'm happy with that :)

Have a great day Everyone :hug:

Hoopty
11-14-2013, 10:18 AM
love2b150 - Keep up the great work! I'm sure you'll see a whoosh soon!

BonnieL - How is your back? Have you been able to exercise at all?

----

Well, I'm not too upset about the small gain that I had, it's the PMS cravings that are driving me INSANE!!! It was so bad the other day that I ate 1.5 chocolate bars worth 810 calories. I got about another week until TOM and I am just trying really hard to NOT give in. One time was enough! I ruined it the last time I had PMS cravings and I'm not going to let that happen again. I will stay strong!

tefrey
11-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Ok, I think I'm going to hang out here for a while. My weight loss has become so disappointing so I need to change tactics.

Let me explain: I'm still losing weight, just not as quickly or evenly as when I started. Up until now I have been driven by very competitive goals, and I did great meeting them for months. But now I need to learn patience an acceptance. I've been letting my calories drift below 1200, getting panicky when my weight fluctuates even a little bit.

So today I dumped my weight loss goals. Now I have one goal and one goal only, to hit 1200 calories every day. If I can, I'm going to stop daily weigh ins too ... but that's going to be hard.

My skin is loose and looks like cottage cheese or the worst case of cellulite ever. Losing slowly will allow the skin to catch up, and while I may not get skinny as fast, I think ultimately it's healthier.

So I'll let my body chose the pace now. 1200 calories every day, and if I lose only a quarter pound a week, it's still way better than nothing.

BonnieL
11-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi guys! I've been sick, so not exercising. Also have not been eating healthy, started with tea w/ honey (which I usually would not have, but my throat hurt) then went into cookies, ugh. Still am not eating well, but at least I have been sticking to my 1700 - 1800 calorie count. And, strange at it seems to me, while not exercising, and eating unhealthy food, my weigh actually went down a litttle, and I got the rest of the regain off!!! So I'm now at my lowest I've been since I started a little over 2 years ago.

Rennie - your behavior sounds a lot like what I tend to do, which is once I go off a little, I just give up and go off all the way. That kind of "all or nothing" mentallity is one of the things I'm trying to change - but it is so hard! That is why I'm trying to tell myself to be happy with sticking to my calorie count, even though all the rest has gone by the wayside - b/c my tendency is to just give up completely and eat as much as I want. But back to you, good job on getting restarted!!! Especially before you did much damage!

Hoopty - Know just how you feel - those cravings can come on strong before TOM!!!

Tefrey - Welcome to the group! I wonder how you came up with your calorie range. Unless you are very short, it sounds so low to me. I ask because it makes me wonder if maybe I am eating too many calories? It has taken me a long time to lose.

love2b150
11-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks Hoopty :) OMGoodness Hoopty, I found out today that's my problem. TOM has arrived one week early according to my calendar. I wish I could give some advice on the PMS cravings but I ate an entire bag of Cheetos yesterday. Sodium was over by 1602mg. :yikes: So far today has been good. Hoping to do better next month :D

tefrey, I know what you mean on the calories. My goal is 1210 a day and I am either under or way over. I'm hoping that with TOM here now I will do better. No more crazy cravings. My hat is off to you on not weighing daily. :high: I've tried and even when I don't record it, I still weigh. :dizzy: I think it's a 3 year old habit now. I hope you are right on losing slowly allowing the skin to tighten. My belly flap is "ewwww" and these things around my back are driving me nuts also. :)

Thanks Bonnie hope you feel better soon :hug: Congrats on getting back to your low :high: I am good as long as I get to eat what I have planned. ANY derailment is a huge mistake for me. I enter my food on MFP faithfully. That is my key to staying on plan. With the Cheetos, I was exhausted and decided I would go to Sheetz for a Pepsi Max, then I thought oh I'll have a 1 oz snack bag of Cheetos only 170 calories. Well they only had the 3 oz bag. Did I count out 21 pieces like I should have? NOPE, I ate the entire bag. I have NO control away from home. But prayerfully Friday was it for me :) MFP gave me my calories according to my height, weight and the amount I workout (I think).

Made chicken chili, corn muffins and succotash this evening. All things I've been saying I was gonna make. Dinner 459 calories. Great protein and fiber :)

Weight was up one pound this morning thanks to a ton of sodium and TOM. Not looking to lose this week, just maintain until TOM leaves.

Have a great evening everyone :hug:

love2b150
11-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Where is Kaitie? I hope you're doing ok :hug:

love2b150
11-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Alright Ladies where is everyone ….

I'm doing ok. Scale still going in the wrong direction p to 182.2 this morning. But hopefully I'll get it in gear when TOM leaves. I surely won't make my Thanksgiving goal of 177 but oh well life goes on.

Hope you all are doing well :hug:

BonnieL
11-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone! I have not been doing well at all. Regained a lot. I am trying to get back on plan, but it has been very hard!!! I will keep trying though & come back here in a couple days when, hopefully, I will at least be off sugar!

Hoopty
11-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Hey girls,

I was able to get rid off the few pounds I had regained over DH's birthday and PMS-week. I weighed-in at 140.6 lbs this morning, though that's not gonna stick due to the massive amount of food I had today.

I hope everyone's having a great Thanksgiving!

Kaitie9399
12-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Well, I'm back. My master plan failed miserably again. I'm telling you, I have about 30 angel babies in heaven just waiting for me. I can't take it anymore. So, new topic. Well, old topic really.

At least it was only a 5 pound gain through all the shots and the crazy emotional roller coaster and Thanksgiving. Back up to 162 (I think, my real scale is busted all I have is my wii board and that scale is a little different than my real one)

Did an hour of wfp--the new version for wii U, it's the same and yet very different and fun.

I would say I was moderately OP, around 1500 calories. Tomorrow I'll try to knock it down to 1300--well, I could cut out the soda and I would've been there today but hey....re-starting after trauma is hard enough.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.

~*~Happy Tuesday~*~

love2b150
12-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Bonnie I feel ya on getting back on plan. I hope to get there also :)

Hoopty, our Thanksgiving was great. I don't think I overate during Thanksgiving but what I ate had me miserable at night. So I know that lots of carbs at one time are not my friend :)

Kaitie, glad to see you back :hug: I must have missed something regarding trauma. Good job on the exercise :)

So far the scale is going back down.

26 ~ 184.2 (+0.6)
27 ~ 182.8 (-1.4)
28 ~ 183.6 (+0.8)
29 ~ 183.6 (N/C)
30 ~ 183.4 (-0.2)
01 ~ 183.4 (N/C)
02 ~ 183.2 (-0.2)
03 ~ 182.4 (-0.8)

Still not where my ticker is but I am determined to get there. I also hope to bid farewell to the 180's by one of the kids bdays 12/31 or 1/7. :crossed:

Kaitie9399
12-05-2013, 11:21 PM
OP for the day and did a lot of exercise. I'm doing a lesson at school with my students and the dance is pretty rigorous and I do it twice during a period so I did it 10 times today....and I did an hour of wfp. I'm tired--and thirsty.

TGIF. Christmas party tomorrow night at church and then Cookie Saturday (it's where my family gets together and we make cookies to put in gift bags and give them to people as gifts). And! My birthday is on Sunday--wahoo! 34 again!! I wonder how long I can get away with being 34?

Have a great Friday!

BonnieL
12-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone! So glad you all are still here!!!!! It is hard for me to come here and post when I am so off plan, but that is probably when I need to do it the most. I will try not to be gone so long again.

I have not been doing well at staying OP. Was way up from my lowest, but now "only" up 5 (ugh, cant belive I have to relose these 5 yet again!) But I am very glad my back injury is better and I am over what was either a very bad cold or the flu. Had a very upsetting dr visit - if I dont get this weight off soon I will have diabetes, if i dont already have it. And i may have to start taking medication :( :(. Im fearful of test results which will come soon. Am trying to get fully back on plan, but will take me a few more days. It feels to hard to start doing everything at once, but at least now I have worked up to doing about 2/3 of my plan.

Katie - So sorry about your trauma!! I've never had kids, and can't imagine how sad it must feel. Hang in there!

Rennie - I do a lot better when I preplan food too!

Hoopty - Hi there!

love2b150
12-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Bonnie I have been off plan since Thanksgiving. I am hoping that today I do better. I recorded my breakfast on MFP so that is a start. Glad your back is better. :hug: I hope your test come back with good news. I'm type 2 diabetic diagnosed in 2011. I hope you don't have to go on meds. The best thing I can tell you is walk for at least 20 minutes after you eat and eat few breads, chips, cookies, white rice and no regular soda. It definitely helps also be careful with too much fruit. I wish I had listened. You'll get through this just keep posting and like you said it's hard to post when you are off plan but it's the best time :hug:

mainecyn
12-09-2013, 01:43 PM
After over 20 days of clean and healthy eating with no binges I fell off the wagon before Thanksgiving and have remained that way.

I binged all weekend, non-stop eating till I was physically sore and sick each time. I am hiding food, suffering from some horrible physical reactions from all the eating as well. I was going to post a thread, a challenge, to stay on plan thru Christmas. I have two weeks of vacation coming up shortly like most school employees, and I want to drop what I re-gained and stay clean.

I want to join. I am scared to step on the scale currently as I am sure it will upset me more and make me eat more, I know myself. So, I want to join this challenge, eat cleanly, try not to mentally abuse myself and stick to it. I follow Atkins, as it has been all that worked for me in the past and if I can stick to it the plan still works. I have no willpower, I am a food addict, and I suffer from binge eating. I had done well from October til Thanksgiving and had lost 12 pounds. :(

Savemykissesx
12-09-2013, 06:13 PM
mainecyn - way to go! The most important thing is getting back in the game - you can do it! You can stay on plan and you can keep dropping those pounds. <3

Hoopty
12-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Hello everyone,

Well, I am doing terrible. Thanksgiving threw me off plan big time. I have tried to get back on track, like today for example, but then I binged on chocolate, pretzles, pasta and fries. I feel terrible right now. I planned on getting down into the 130s by Christmas but there is no way that that's gonna happen anymore.
Whenever something affects me emotionally, whether it's good or bad, I eat tons of junk food and it's so hard to stop. It's like a drug. This morning I woke up feeling like absolute craaap. I had a dream that I got shot in the stomach (I've been having those kinds of dreams - getting shot- for a while now) and when I woke up I felt super depressed. DH said that part of the reason why I felt like that could be because all the junk food puts me on a high and when I'm off of it it's like I fall into this deep hole. But did that stop me from eating it yet again? No. We had a great day and I wanted to "celebrate" by eating whatever I wanted. So I ended up binging, again.
It definitely needs to stop. My skin has been breaking out from all the greasy food and I've been having this UTI-pain from not drinking enough water.
The first step towards getting back on track is always the hardest. And I know that because I've been through it so many times. But I also know that it gets easier so why can't I just freaking do it?!

Anywho, mainecyn, I obviously know how you feel and all I can say is that we CAN do it, all we need is the self-control and willpower to make that first step. Let's do it! And then let's keep it going! I haven't weighed-in either, I'm way too scared to see how much damage I've done. I told myself that I needed at least 4 full days of clean eating and exercising and 4 good BM's (TMI sorry!) before hopping on the scale. So, let's friggin do it, now!

I hope everyone else is doing well. We're almost halfway through December, can you believe it?

love2b150
12-09-2013, 08:39 PM
mainecyn :hug: live by your signature :). I fell off the wagon big time during Thanksgiving and though I can't claim 20 days of clean eating I can say that I have tried. And you have done wonderfully. I know you don't want to but step on that scale and get it over with. The best time to do it ***in my opinion*** is at night. It will be high anyway from what you ate during the day and tomorrow morning it will usually be lower so that's a sigh of relief. Congrats on the 12lbs in that short time. That's a great victory and if you did it once you CAN do it again :hug:

Hoopty, you may need to get the junk out of site. I fell off the wagon during Thanksgiving, the only thing I had left was pumpkin pie and pound cake both of which I love. The kids ate most of the pie and usually I don't want the cake until late and I am already full so I break off a piece and move on. Like I said to mainecyn, you've done it before you CAN do it again :hug:

It is very hard to restart but if we don't catch ourselves who will. Ladies you can do this. We're in this together :hug:

I am doing a combination of low carb eating plans and today it worked. It's day one and I only had 37 carbs. I almost caved for some chicken crackers but I ate nuts and seeds instead. I'm trying to get back on track and today was my first victory. I hope there are more to follow. :crossed:

Tomorrow is a new day. So hoping for a better tomorrow for us ALL :hug:

love2b150
12-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Where are you ladies?

I'm still on plan, weigh in today same as yesterday 177.6.

love2b150
12-14-2013, 10:17 PM
weigh in today 176.2 still on plan

GettinFit
12-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Hello ladies,

I'm sorry that I've been MIA for so long but I am back and ready to re commit. I have been off plan and and eating crazy for months now. I just got back today from a cruise and I ate like a pig while I was away. I just weighed myself and I am almost at my all time high again. I feel totally miserable and am so ready to start eating right an exercising again. Today my eating has been good and I have walked. I will be off work until the 26th and I am going to commit to working out for the next 6 days. I am counting calories and I will track every bite.

I hope everyone is doing good.