Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Motivational Rewards

So, I have this list...each ten pounds lost, I get a beauty reward. First ten, I get that magnificent cut I've been putting off and ombre color I've been wanting. Second ten down, I get a mani/pedi/massage. Thirty pounds, I get new colorful work out clothes (those make me want to work out more, actually...the brighter the better.) And so on...

Anyone else treat themselves to this type of stuff? I know some people have a problem with reward-based weight loss, but the beauty rewards along the way actually mean something to me. I think I tell myself that I can't feel pretty or buy myself these things UNTIL I am at goal, which I think ends up defeating me before I even start. Thoughts?
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I don't have set rewards but I can't wait to go shopping once I start losing enough weight to need to! I think everyone should do whatever it takes to help them stay on plan and reach a healthier weight. It's fun to treat yourself so I say go for it!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #3  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Your plan is excellent SkinnyBee78! Many of us memorialize our mini goals with beauty, clothing, or exercise gifts and there are many, many threads here of people discussing their rewards.

It takes such a long time to reach goal, especially when we have a lot of weight to lose, so mini goals are really necessary to keep us on track. You've got the right attitude!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I think many folks opt for mini-goal rewards. Personally, I think it's a great way to enjoy the process. I also see it as a way of celebrating an accomplishment... and in my mind, there are endless reasons to celebrate accomplishing weight loss. So, I definitely believe it's worthwhile if it works for you!

If you do a search for "rewards", you'll probably find numerous threads about this very topic, some of which are still ongoing (with some very awesome ideas!)
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #5  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Talking

I just spent an hour with my calender posting my rewards. I must sayysome of my rewards are very extravagant the more I lose. I had to stop and think about what I really wanted . It was so motivating for me one of the extravagant ones was a diamond ring. Or a peice of jewelry. I cant wait to buy myself things unselfishly just bc I deserve to have them. Diamonds are a girls best friend
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I bought myself a 60-minute massage when I lost 20 pounds, and when I get to 40 I am doing it again. It's a lot of money for me...but I love it, and it makes me feel good and like my body is something I cherish. Which it is!
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote