Old 09-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #1  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Default Fuzzy Drinks

Anyone know what the official IP verdict is regarding carbonated beverages? My coach and other people I know on the program say absolutely no carbonated beverages. But I see lots of people on 3FC posting about sparkling ice, seltzer water, and other carbonated drinks that are 0/0/0 with no aspartame. Any thoughts?
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Anyone know what the official IP verdict is regarding carbonated beverages? My coach and other people I know on the program say absolutely no carbonated beverages. But I see lots of people on 3FC posting about sparkling ice, seltzer water, and other carbonated drinks that are 0/0/0 with no aspartame. Any thoughts?
The issue with carbonated drinks, as I stated in another thread yesterday is the phosphoric acid

IP is an alkaline protocol and the phosphoric acid raises acidity.

There are many sparkling drinks that do not contain it, which is why some coaches allow some things.

Old-school coaches say none at all b/c that used to be the rule. I say make your own decision & judge for yourself on the scale. Just know ANY addition seems to make scale changes in some people (Mio, WF, sparkling water, too much splenda, etc)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #3  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Thank you so much Lisa. That makes sense.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #4  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I have found that I slow way down with too much Mio. When I cut back, the scale moves again.

I take a medication that gives a very bitter taste in my mouth, and weirdly enough, the worst taste is plain old water. So I always add flavour to my daily water intake just because of the horrible taste in my mouth. I have been using the Mangosteen from IP and I also use the True Lemon and True Lime and Mio but limited amounts.

I have a Xevia pop maybe once a weekend, in my wine glass, as a treat! lol
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote