Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/196/170

Default Pretty good week...just wish I felt better about myself

So far I've had a pretty good week making the right food choices. That's something to be proud of.

Usually when I have weeks like this I am in good spirits and feel good about myself. This week I don't. This happens when I let things go too far and get back to a certain weight. I get so down on myself when I get to this point. I know that if I just make the right choices I will lose it again. But this time feels different. I think it is partly because I worked very hard for 3 months and was making excellent progress and allowed myself to slip up A Lot and gained What I lost back in 6 weeks. Such a bad mistake and now I'm back to Where I started and trying again.

There are still a few more days left in the week so I am hoping that after a few more days of doing what's right, I'll start to feel better about myself again and feel that accomplishment of a good week.

I hope everyone else is having a successful week too!!!
chubnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on your successful week!

I can totally relate about feeling down on yourself, despite making healthy choices, and sticking to your plan. Even when I notice the results of weight loss on my body, It makes me upset because I'm thinking "why did I have to let myself get this way?"

I'm also very impressed that you stuck to your previous diet for 3 months; that shows a lot of willpower and dedication. If you could do it once, you surely can do it again. Let your slip be a reminder that this time around is different; this time, the weight is coming off for good!
xooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Don't let the past drag you down, you should be feeling so proud of a good, healthy week! That is a major accomplishment. Frankly, every single good choice, good meal, good snack, moment of exercise, and good hour of a good day is a fantastic accomplishment and worthy of celebrating.

You learned a valuable lesson with the regain -- that you don't want to do THAT again, and 6 months from now it will be just a little piece of history, just a little drama in the wonderful story of your journey to health.

I am proud of you, recovering from backsliding is SO HARD, and you are DOING IT! You should be proud of you, too!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

nods, I understand.
it will get better and I hope that day comes soon for you.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote