Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Default I wish I could turn back time

I was super excited on Tuesday, I had hit Onederland, and was energetic and ready to keep moving towards my goal with good choices! Then last night I just destroyed it.

This weekend is a tough one for me, it's my anniversary and my fiance's birthday, so it usually entails a dinner out with friends for his birthday, and a dinner with his mom, who makes food for 15 when there may be 6 people there.

Last night we went to a Brazilian Rodizio restaurant (where you get access to a salad bar and they bring grilled meats out on sticks and shave it off right at your plate), and while the pieces of meat I took were smaller, I did eat a lot, and probably ate 5 bananas-worth of fried bananas (they usually cut them in half...I ate a lot of them) I did have some broccoli to off-set all the protein, but I got home feeling sluggish and heavy. I got on the scale today....202.9 I know a lot of it is probably water weight, the meats at those places are salted liberally and a high sodium day can have me retaining water for about a week.

But now I have to go do dinner at his moms! I can probably keep an eye on what I eat, she usually has a salad available, and sometimes grilled chicken, but she also makes tons of rice, potatoes, and starchy foods and she usually likes to pile it on my plate. I can tell her small portions, but for me to not eat something it would hurt her feelings.

I already know I'll be eating whatever she offers, just in smaller portions, but I wish I could turn back time and not eat all those bananas, and maybe offer to bring something to his moms that does fit in my diet plan. I'm not looking forward to the scale tomorrow, it won't be my friend
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I bet a lot of it is sodium. As for dinner at mom's. Call her and ask what she is having so you can plan a little better. Say no to the pasta and potatoes and load up on the salad.. Ask if you can bring a dish, bring something healthy that you can eat. We will always have family dinners, holidays, nights out we need to learn to eat to where we have control. You can do this!
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs

Sometimes we just make poor choices, but we can make better choices with each new day.
Good luck at dinner!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

*hugs*

Even if she puts a large serving on your plate you don't have to eat it. Eat a couple bites of everything, lots of salad, and than say it was sooooo good but you are stuffed and can't possibly finish.

If not weighing won't set you off on the wrong path than it is ok for you to skip stepping on the scale for a few days while you wait for the bloat to go down.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks everyone for the responses!!

Dinner tonight was....okay. I didn't do awful, but I didn't do great. It figures the one day I want her to have salad available, she doesn't She did have marinated pork meat sticks, corn on the cob, a noodle dish called pancit (its a rice noodle dish with veggies and small pieces of beef), and some other tasty good things. I ate everything in moderation, but I did grab a couple of extra biscotti when it was time for coffee

Tomorrow I'll be able to get on the elliptical and maybe get a walk in, and I guess this week I'll just have to drink plenty of water and be super diligent with my calories and exercise! Gaining a few lbs, even if it's water weight, is never fun. But I will get it back off! Just gotta stay on track
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes life happens, it just does.

Not the end of the world.

It's highly unlikely you over ate enough to gain any actual weight.

It usually takes me 3-5 days to ditch the water weight after a weekend like that. Be patient!

Get back on track and carry on!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #7  
Finding Myself Again <3

S/C/G: 230/215/200

I LOVE the quote "one fattening meal will not make you fat...just as one salad will not make you skinny"

Move on, get back on the saddle and DONT GIVE UP!!
tadaponce is offline   Reply With Quote