Old 08-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Default usually 100% ip but might try eas drinks.. advice?

I looked at the alternative thread for information on this but still left kind of confused so maybe you guys can help me out. I started IP a few weeks ago and am using all IP foods with no alternatives. However, I use a lot of the pre-made vanilla and chocolate drinks and have read on here that people use the EAS shakes. One of the boards said the formula for these drinks has changed.. Do you think it is safe to use them on IP? If it is a different type of protein will it screw up weight loss? I just want to make sure I don't mess myself up, I'm really looking for the quickest results possible. Let me know what you guys think!
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobananas View Post
I looked at the alternative thread for information on this but still left kind of confused so maybe you guys can help me out. I started IP a few weeks ago and am using all IP foods with no alternatives. However, I use a lot of the pre-made vanilla and chocolate drinks and have read on here that people use the EAS shakes. One of the boards said the formula for these drinks has changed.. Do you think it is safe to use them on IP? If it is a different type of protein will it screw up weight loss? I just want to make sure I don't mess myself up, I'm really looking for the quickest results possible. Let me know what you guys think!
I have used the EAS Rtd because they are GF and I need to have some shakes that ARE ready to go on hand. Actually, found I like them a lot and even like the new ones. The important numbers .. Cals., protein and carbs are still within the IP metrics.. It boils down to taste and price. My IP site knows I use them because IP does not offer a GF Ready to Go.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I use the Premier Protein shakes from Costco, both vanilla and chocolate. They are delicious! And work out to about $1.40 each here in Ontario.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

I also use the Premier Protein shakes in Vanilla. I brewed a couple of Stash brand chai tea bags and mixed the tea and my vanilla RTD and it was fantastic.
shayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.6/199.4/140

Height: 5 feet 6 .5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I have used the EAS Rtd because they are GF and I need to have some shakes that ARE ready to go on hand. Actually, found I like them a lot and even like the new ones. The important numbers .. Cals., protein and carbs are still within the IP metrics.. It boils down to taste and price. My IP site knows I use them because IP does not offer a GF Ready to Go.
Hi, 65! Does GF=gluten free?

I've used the EAS RTD and like how they taste but recently switched to the Premiere Protein at Costco because they have more protein!
roxanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #6  

has anyone tried "muscle milk"? i was wondering about trying this for my coffee instead of the RTD vanilla for my coffee....

and yes GF in this context= gluten free D: not girlfriend haha
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #7  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
I also use the Premier Protein shakes in Vanilla. I brewed a couple of Stash brand chai tea bags and mixed the tea and my vanilla RTD and it was fantastic.
Yum, that is a fantastic idea!

I have used EAS from the beginning. I also use the Syntrax Nectars intermittently for a change, because they are mostly whey and have no fat or carbs and a bit more protein than the EAS. In a pinch, I used the Pure Protein RTDs once, but they tasted so chemically to me.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
Yum! Sounds delicious. I'm going to get some chai tea next time I'm at the grocery store and make this with crushed ice. Vanilla Chai Tea Frappuccino IP style!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
has anyone tried "muscle milk"? i was wondering about trying this for my coffee instead of the RTD vanilla for my coffee....

and yes GF in this context= gluten free D: not girlfriend haha
Love love love muscle milk RTD! Be sure to get the light version. It does not have soy so that really helps me. I use it in coffee. I buy the light powder to make shakes. Just ordered a new flavor of chocolate peanut butter to try but have used the chocolate for years as a recovery drink from exercise. Sucralose is one of the last if not the last ingredient so another plus. Actually having my one cup of coffee with vanilla muscle milk light as we speak!
Balanced Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #10  

I use the EAS carb control everyday since my 2nd week OP. it is the ONLY non IP product I use. I initially bought it because my clinic did not have any RTD'S that week, but now I enjoy it and its less expensive!!!

Jojobananas- make sure you are using the carb control EAS, good luck
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote