Metabolic Research Center - July 2013

View Full Version : July 2013

skelley331
06-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Thought it would start a new thread since tomorrow is july 1st. I would like to know how many have done the MRC program and have had to come back and start it again due to weight gain during maintenance? Thank you

twinkletoes75
07-02-2013, 11:09 AM
I don't know about maintenance yet..haven't made it that far...but scared (ok more like terrified) nonetheless about gaining it all back.
My question: I started the fiber drink drop-ins (cuz i was getting hungry) and gained 4 lbs(wth). Has this happened to anyone else? Will the weight come back off once your body gets use to it? I am already frustrated since the weight loss has slowed way down and this didn't help! ugh!

JenB72
07-02-2013, 11:36 AM
I would like to know how many have done the MRC program and have had to come back and start it again due to weight gain during maintenance? Thank you

That would be my current situation (see my thread from last night). I was doing awesome and never felt better when I was on maintenance. That's my motivation now. I know what it's like to finally be there and that's what's keeping me on plan and not cheating. I want that feeling again.

skelley331
07-02-2013, 12:40 PM
I started maintenance jan 4th and did really good for three months then all the cravings came back I've gained 8-10 lbs and my inches are coming back around my mid section. I was told to go back to the green menu but can't bring myself to do so. I don't want to eat the same foods over and over the rest of my life, if I knew this would happen I wouldn't have started MRC. But anyway they are doing the Lipo B12 injections starting next week at my center and i'm going to try them to see if it helps. :carrot:

patzi
07-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Weighed in yesterday and gained 1/2 pound, putting me 4 1/2 pounds under maintenance goal.

Wishing y'all a nice day.

Patzi

JenB72
07-03-2013, 11:58 AM
I was told to go back to the green menu but can't bring myself to do so. I don't want to eat the same foods over and over the rest of my life, if I knew this would happen I wouldn't have started MRC.

I feel for you skelley. It's not an easy road. Unfortunately, no matter what diet you do whether it's MRC, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc., battling cravings will be a life long process we will have to endure. If we don't, we'll be right back where we started. :(

With regards to eating the same foods over and over, I'm one of the pickiest eaters my center has ever came across because I'm a "supertaster" (Google it and you'll understand my difficulties). I'm super limited in what I eat, but once I reached maintanence, I found I could eat so many more things than when I was on plan and never felt deprirved. So long as I stayed around 1200 calories and kept with more lean proteins rather than junk food, I was good. Hang in there and rely on the posters who are in maintenance too. They were always an invaluable source of ways to mix up the menu. :)

Going4Fit
07-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Well you already know my story skelley. I'm still a little shocked at how poorly I did on maintenance after I did so well on program. But my center flat out said that it is "very, very common" to gain the weight back after program and "it happens all the time". Call me cynical, but I think they have me right where they want me - can't go off plan without gaining the weight back.

Sorry, but 1200 calories is a reduced calorie diet for weight loss, not a proper caloric intake for a healthy individual to maintain their weight. They've really screwed up our metabolism if that's all we can eat in order to maintain after doing their program.

skelley331
07-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Well you already know my story skelley. I'm still a little shocked at how poorly I did on maintenance after I did so well on program. But my center flat out said that it is "very, very common" to gain the weight back after program and "it happens all the time". Call me cynical, but I think they have me right where they want me - can't go off plan without gaining the weight back.

Sorry, but 1200 calories is a reduced calorie diet for weight loss, not a proper caloric intake for a healthy individual to maintain their weight. They've really screwed up our metabolism if that's all we can eat in order to maintain after doing their program.

Going4Fit: I'm totally in agreement with you on everything you posted. I'm doing the Lipo B12 injections for 8 wks then after that i'm definitely done. I did find that the only area i'm gaining in is my mid-section. I stopped taking the cortitrim about two months ago and that's when I started gaining around that area which is just plain fat! The cortitrim is so expensive so I did some research and found out that Tonalin CLA does the very same thing and it's have the cost and you can get it at Vitamin world, and several other places, my energy level is amazing and you only take it twice a day with a meal. google it and check it out.

JenB72
07-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Weighed in today and down 12.5 pounds total. Plus our center gave everyone who weighed in today an extra 4 weeks of time. :) Definitely working not knowing my weight. It's stopped my cheating not knowing if I have a little wiggle room before a weigh in. Hopefully it will get me back to my goal weight even faster.

Skelley & Going4Fit...Hang in there! :hug:

Tamikl
07-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Hello all! Welcome back to JenB...have missed you:) Proud of your willingness to be honest and admire you for starting again!!

I am doing ok mostly...lol. Up and down...and sweet cravings continue to be a battle for me. I guess we will just have to accept that moving forward once we hit maintenance doesn't mean smooth sailing, far from it.

I continue to try to stay within a 3-5lb range and when I go up, adjust my eating to pure "lean and clean" for a couple of days until my weight is back down. Summer is tough...we travel some (and I have never done well with that as far as food is concerned) so coming home it will often take more than a couple of days to get back down again on the scale...Can feel overwhelming to me if I let it go up more than a couple of pounds...I just don't like the thought of having to go back on some "plan" for an indefinite period of time.

It is very weird...but I totally give myself permission to eat whatever when I am away from home, justifying that when I get home, I will be strict to undo the damage. When I am home, you can hardly get me to mess up too much...and if I have been on a couple of "lean and clean" days, I am almost unwilling to mess those up by having something I shouldn't. Problem with all of this is that when it is summer, we are gone a lot...so Tami is eating not so great a lot...I am sure this all has some emotional explanations... but I don't have those answers. Not sure why I make things harder on myself like that...feels like I am constantly on a "diet."

Anyways...I had to agree with Going4fit that we shouldn't have to eat MRC forever to maintain our loss...1200 calories per day isn't enough. However, their menus mostly are healthy (with the exception of the 30 day plan in my opinion...which lowers your metabolism even more than the Green menu making it even more difficult to maintain. A vicious cycle is what all of this is.) In the short term, you lose, but in the long run, it is next to impossible to keep it off.

Well ladies..Patzi continues to do wonderful so I guess we all just need to follow her direction:) A biggy I get from her is to continue with WI appointments/journaling...the accountability piece is really big in maintenance....and I seem to benefit from it, too even though I don't always like to go.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Going4Fit
07-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I had spaghetti squash for lunch today, with the creamy tomato-basil HNS mixed with only 4 oz. of water to make a nice thick sauce for on top. Added 3 oz turkey sausage* plus 1/2 oz. cheese. Mmmmmmm...... Yummy nummers. And of course, some wonderful fresh fruit on the side. LOVE summertime when all the peaches and berries are in season!

*When I make the cookbook turkey sausage, I also add fennel and I double all the spices (or use half the meat).

Let's see, my goal was to make it to a weigh-in yesterday but the little one napped longer than expected (recovering from the excitement of the 4th no doubt) so it didn't happen. I'm following green menu perfectly right now though, so not worried about the numbers.

Like JenB, I had requested to not be told my weight and whether I was up or down, but one week I got a call congratulating me on my loss and the next weigh-in the gal blurted out the number on the scale, out of habit I suppose. So I gave up on that. It is nice just making good choices and not constantly analyzing and trying to figure out why the numbers are what they are from week to week. I never weigh myself at home. My body tells the true story anyway.

skelley331
07-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi to all! Well we went on a small vacation wed and just got back home Saturday. My grandson played ball or was suppose to this weekend but due to all the rain we only got one game in. I too ate whatever I wanted while we were gone and starting tomorrow sunday I will go back to eating lean and clean, not sure how much I will have put on but I don't worry anymore I guess. I'll step on the scale sunday morning and go from there.

Going4Fit i'm so glad you are doing well, looks like you have found your way again.

Tamikl: I agree with you!!!

JenB72
07-06-2013, 08:35 PM
One of the hardest things for me being on maintenance was not losing weight anymore, as strange as that sounds. I would come here and see all the other ladies losing, and in a weird way, I kinda felt left out. Here I was at goal weight (actually, a little below) and it felt odd not to post how much weight I lost anymore. I guess it's true what they say, losing weight is just as much a mental thing as it is a physical.

Wishing everyone a great rest of the 4th of July weekend!
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/4th-july/celebrating-4th-july.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

Tina812
07-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Weighed in today and I'm down another 2.5 pounds. That's a total of 14.5 pounds in 5 weeks. Hoping to keep it up..:carrot:

patzi
07-07-2013, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=JenB72;4786793]Weighed in today and down 12.5 pounds total. Plus our center gave everyone who weighed in today an extra 4 weeks of time. :) Definitely working not knowing my weight. It's stopped my cheating not knowing if I have a little wiggle room before a weigh in. Hopefully it will get me back to my goal weight even faster.

Jen...
This is fantastic.. Are you back on the Meta Slim program or something else?

Patzi

patzi
07-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Weighed in today and I'm down another 2.5 pounds. That's a total of 14.5 pounds in 5 weeks. Hoping to keep it up..:carrot:

Tina...
Congrats.. You are doing great. Nice weigh loss in 5 weeks..

Patzi

junebug37
07-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't kept up with the MRC thread a lot. I am having the same fears about maintenance! I had to renew my plan date to meet my goal. I'm not beating myself up about it or anything I just know stress was the biggest roadblock to my weight loss. I am still moving along and only 14.5 pounds from my original goal. I think once I reach it I will still have challenges but just different kinds. More of a lifestyle than a "diet". Thats what I'm working towards anyway. Anyone on maintenance keep taking the supplements? I asked my center and they said I might need the appetite suppressant at first then probably nothing more. They seem to have more faith in me than I do!!!!

Good luck to all for Monday! I weigh in tomorrow morning!

JenB72
07-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Jen..This is fantastic.. Are you back on the Meta Slim program or something else?

Meta-Slim as always. Just without all the cheating I did the first time around. :p

Going4Fit
07-08-2013, 03:56 PM
... I am having the same fears about maintenance!...

Don't be afraid. Knowledge is power. I highly recommend you read Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen and/or The Diet Cure by Julia Ross and you'll get an excellent scientific explanation of what happens with our brains and bodies when we subject ourselves to low calorie dieting. If I had realized how low calorie this plan was I wouldn't have done it. As it was, I trusted the center and didn't ever work out the calorie level for myself until I hit stabilization and was told to start tracking calories with MyFitnessPal.com. Now I know I was starving my body. The survival instincts in our brains don't know that we are doing it on purpose and will kick into overdrive to get us to store calories in case we try to starve ourselves again. But we can train our brain to not send us those messages to indulge in the Highly Palatable Foods (scientific name for foods high in carbs/fat that are easily converted and stored as fat on our bodies).

I don't have proof yet that this will work for me, as I'm currently undoing the damage from the binge cycle I was sucked into after hitting maintenance. All the center's Connections classes focused on emotional reasons for overeating and I thought I was prepared. This purely scientific explanation makes sense to me and I believe will be key in doing better at my next attempt at maintaining.

Also, for those who have seen my posts, I do believe that my experience was worse than it may be for others since I reached an all time low for my body weight and fat percentage. I got significantly smaller than I had ever been even as a teenager; over thirty pounds less than my stated weight on my first drivers license at age 16. So I think my brain fought it worse, trying to get me back to what it considered my norm.

skelley331
07-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Don't be afraid. Knowledge is power. I highly recommend you read Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen and/or The Diet Cure by Julia Ross and you'll get an excellent scientific explanation of what happens with our brains and bodies when we subject ourselves to low calorie dieting. If I had realized how low calorie this plan was I wouldn't have done it. As it was, I trusted the center and didn't ever work out the calorie level for myself until I hit stabilization and was told to start tracking calories with MyFitnessPal.com. Now I know I was starving my body. The survival instincts in our brains don't know that we are doing it on purpose and will kick into overdrive to get us to store calories in case we try to starve ourselves again. But we can train our brain to not send us those messages to indulge in the Highly Palatable Foods (scientific name for foods high in carbs/fat that are easily converted and stored as fat on our bodies).

I don't have proof yet that this will work for me, as I'm currently undoing the damage from the binge cycle I was sucked into after hitting maintenance. All the center's Connections classes focused on emotional reasons for overeating and I thought I was prepared. This purely scientific explanation makes sense to me and I believe will be key in doing better at my next attempt at maintaining.

Also, for those who have seen my posts, I do believe that my experience was worse than it may be for others since I reached an all time low for my body weight and fat percentage. I got significantly smaller than I had ever been even as a teenager; over thirty pounds less than my stated weight on my first drivers license at age 16. So I think my brain fought it worse, trying to get me back to what it considered my norm.

going4fit: gosh you hit the nail on the head. What are you doing now as far as eating? Are you following the green menu or have you cut yourself off from the center completely? I'm doing the IE way, still working out my body signals but I want to be free of dieting altogether and stop taking supplements. I'm so upset with the damage that has been done to my body also. I feel like I need to detox from all the crap I've put into my system. goodluck and keep posting I would love to hear how things go.

rwquilts
07-08-2013, 09:25 PM
I just have to say that I'm so happy I didn't buy all the supplements. My body doesn't have to go through the withdrawal from them. My weight foes vary by about 5 pounds, but still a few pounds under my goal. I can pretty much figure out what might have caused the gain. It might be eating at a Mexican restaurant and not counting how many chips I devour before our entrees arrive, or it might be wine, or beer, which I try to limit, or that I miss the gym for days in a row. I have noticed my middle getting a little bigger but not enough that my new clothes wont fit. I would still recommend the program.

skelley331
07-08-2013, 09:29 PM
I just have to say that I'm so happy I didn't buy all the supplements. My body doesn't have to go through the withdrawal from them. My weight foes vary by about 5 pounds, but still a few pounds under my goal. I can pretty much figure out what might have caused the gain. It might be eating at a Mexican restaurant and not counting how many chips I devour before our entrees arrive, or it might be wine, or beer, which I try to limit, or that I miss the gym for days in a row. I have noticed my middle getting a little bigger but not enough that my new clothes wont fit. I would still recommend the program.

rwquilts: You are so smart not buying into the sales pitch of the supplements. its been so hard, I've gained 8-10 lbs and its all around my mid-section, i'm so frustrated I don't know what to do. They keep telling me to go back to the green menu and buy more supplements, now they are selling lipo b12 injections and swear it will melt off the fat. I bought some but called today and told them I don't feel comfortable taking them, and their response was no refund but you can swap for product. I told them no they can sell my injections to the next person. They are suppose to tell me Thursday what they have decided they will do.

skelley331
07-08-2013, 09:31 PM
rwquilts: I just noticed you are in Lafayette, so do you go to that center? The manager of the Lafayette center was the one I met with to sign up for the lipo b12 injections, she says they are wonderful????

rwquilts
07-08-2013, 11:22 PM
I did go to the center in Lafayette and I think Denise was the manager. I haven't been back to the center since early January. Just don't see a need to go weigh in as I do that myself at Snap Fitness 5-6 times a week. I don't feel like I need to go to the center for anything. I won a huge container of V-Core from Complete Nutrition and sometimes have a shake in the evenings. I eat half of a Builder Snack Bar before I go workout in the mornings along with a bottle if water. Seems to be working!

skelley331
07-09-2013, 09:51 AM
I did go to the center in Lafayette and I think Denise was the manager. I haven't been back to the center since early January. Just don't see a need to go weigh in as I do that myself at Snap Fitness 5-6 times a week. I don't feel like I need to go to the center for anything. I won a huge container of V-Core from Complete Nutrition and sometimes have a shake in the evenings. I eat half of a Builder Snack Bar before I go workout in the mornings along with a bottle if water. Seems to be working!

Yes Denise is her name! I'm so glad that you are maintaining, one of these days maybe I can figure out how to. :(

faerychic
07-09-2013, 05:41 PM
rwquilts: You are so smart not buying into the sales pitch of the supplements. its been so hard, I've gained 8-10 lbs and its all around my mid-section, i'm so frustrated I don't know what to do. They keep telling me to go back to the green menu and buy more supplements, now they are selling lipo b12 injections and swear it will melt off the fat. I bought some but called today and told them I don't feel comfortable taking them, and their response was no refund but you can swap for product. I told them no they can sell my injections to the next person. They are suppose to tell me Thursday what they have decided they will do.

Skelly - I am right where you are: up 10 pounds right around my midsection! I think those that do the plan without any of the additional supplements are much better off. It seems like once I stopped taking the "big 3" then I started putting the weight back on. Of course, it could be due to my age and the big M too. Anyway - are the lipo b12 shots new? I did the b12 shots and did not notice any difference. I think the only thing I did not try was the All Day Weight Loss - they said medically they did not suggest I try them (not sure if it was due to high BP or IBS). I have gained just enough weight that my clothes are too tight :( So frustrating.

skelley331
07-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Skelly - I am right where you are: up 10 pounds right around my midsection! I think those that do the plan without any of the additional supplements are much better off. It seems like once I stopped taking the "big 3" then I started putting the weight back on. Of course, it could be due to my age and the big M too. Anyway - are the lipo b12 shots new? I did the b12 shots and did not notice any difference. I think the only thing I did not try was the All Day Weight Loss - they said medically they did not suggest I try them (not sure if it was due to high BP or IBS). I have gained just enough weight that my clothes are too tight :( So frustrating.

Hi faerychic: I was wondering how you were doing. since I stopped the cortitrim and mrc-6 is when I noticed the weight gain. I still do one HNS daily just because I like the peach mango over crushed ice. The lipo B12 injections are new and I did some research online and there are a lot of great reviews. It's suppose to suck the fat out LOL! The energy it gives you is suppose to be awesome. I take my first shot Thursday so i'll keep you posted on how it goes. I tried the all day weight loss and didn't have any luck. Waste of money! I will tell you that I found online on this site a post that Tonalin CLA is the same as cortitrim but way cheaper, I bought it at Vitamin World and I've been taking it for a week now and they said it takes about a month but I've noticed that I don't feel bloated and I've lost 2lbs this week. Its worth checking out, my dr said it's harmless and its a good energy boost and metabolism boost. I'm going to be 58 in November and I sometimes think my age is against me also. I've been eating the Intuitive Eating way which is I only eat when i'm hungry and stop when im satisfied. It's starting to work and I've only been doing this for 3 wks.

Going4Fit
07-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Finally got in for a weigh-in today and was shocked at only a 2 lb loss. After nearly two weeks since my last weigh-in, during which I finished up the 30 day plan, did 3 days on Meta Quick, and then followed green menu perfectly, I expected at least 5 lbs. Guess I need to go back to trying to keep them from telling me my weight, because I'm extremely disappointed.

Tamikl, I didn't find it hard to be on the 30 day plan, but maybe it did mess up my metabolism because I lost more than a pound a week on green menu before.

Oh well, slower weight loss is supposed to be healthier anyway, right? The little voice in my lower brain is telling me I may as well give in and eat because it'll take forever to get off at this rate anyway, so what's the point in missing out? Don't worry - I'm ignoring it. Just interesting the messages it sends.

JenB72
07-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Something Going4fit mentioned earlier resonated with me and I had told forgot about it. I too was shocked when I had to start tracking my calories when I hit stabilization. It had always been follow the green menu and don't worry about it. To start making myself more aware of what I'm doing, I'm going to start using MFP account again just so I get back in the practice of journaling and tracking my food with more awareness. That way, it will be second nature when I get back to that point.

skelley331
07-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Finally got in for a weigh-in today and was shocked at only a 2 lb loss. After nearly two weeks since my last weigh-in, during which I finished up the 30 day plan, did 3 days on Meta Quick, and then followed green menu perfectly, I expected at least 5 lbs. Guess I need to go back to trying to keep them from telling me my weight, because I'm extremely disappointed.

Tamikl, I didn't find it hard to be on the 30 day plan, but maybe it did mess up my metabolism because I lost more than a pound a week on green menu before.

Oh well, slower weight loss is supposed to be healthier anyway, right? The little voice in my lower brain is telling me I may as well give in and eat because it'll take forever to get off at this rate anyway, so what's the point in missing out? Don't worry - I'm ignoring it. Just interesting the messages it sends.

Going4fit: Oh wow I would have thought you would have lost more too! It just shows how messed up our bodies are now. I don't know what i'm going to do, I've gained 11lbs in the last month, I've tried everything I can and I will lose maybe 5lbs but then the hunger cravings come back and i'm back to eating too much. I'm trying to count calories and thru the week I do good but the weekend comes and i'm out of control. What has happened to me? I'm going tomorrow to weigh in at the center and i'm starting the Lipo B12 injections that are suppose to increase your engery and burn fat quick, i'm hoping to get rid of the fat around my mid section so I don't have the muffin top anymore when I where my new size 8 jeans that I bought when I lost all my weight!! I'm so disappointed that this has happened. So i'll keep posting on my progress with the shots and if this doesn't work then i'm doomed I think! :?:

skelley331
07-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Something Going4fit mentioned earlier resonated with me and I had told forgot about it. I too was shocked when I had to start tracking my calories when I hit stabilization. It had always been follow the green menu and don't worry about it. To start making myself more aware of what I'm doing, I'm going to start using MFP account again just so I get back in the practice of journaling and tracking my food with more awareness. That way, it will be second nature when I get back to that point.

JenB72: I love my fitness pal and I've been logging in now for 385 days straight, I posted below on going4fits site, I do really good thru the week with counting calories but weekends are tuff for me. I too was in shock when I found out that we end up counting calories after doing the plan with MRC, I was counting calories before I started the plan on MFP and had lost 8lbs now I've gained 11lbs back and can't seem to get rid of it.

Going4Fit
07-10-2013, 08:07 PM
For the record, having to count calories in maintenance wasn't what was shocking to me; realizing how few calories I'd been consuming on green menu is what shocked me. Call me naive, but I had been blindly following green menu and had no idea. I liked not having to think about it and getting to prepare all of my own food and it seemed so healthy. Didn't realize how little it all added up to.

skelley, you'll figure it out. Don't worry! You're doing way better than I did. Take it a day at a time and slow down, relax. It's nice you found so many positive reviews for the b12 shots. Have you ever heard of cavi lipo (non-surgical spot treatment)? I keep seeing Groupon's come up for a local place that offers it and have to admit I'm interested. For all the money I've spent on HNS's, I could have tried it by now. At my lowest weight I was just skin and bones on top but still had flab on my thighs. Yet I couldn't possibly lose more fat without my bf% being at an anorexic level (very nearly was already at 16%). Would be nice to do spot treatment and focus fat reduction where it's needed and keep some curves on top.

skelley331
07-10-2013, 10:13 PM
For the record, having to count calories in maintenance wasn't what was shocking to me; realizing how few calories I'd been consuming on green menu is what shocked me. Call me naive, but I had been blindly following green menu and had no idea. I liked not having to think about it and getting to prepare all of my own food and it seemed so healthy. Didn't realize how little it all added up to.

skelley, you'll figure it out. Don't worry! You're doing way better than I did. Take it a day at a time and slow down, relax. It's nice you found so many positive reviews for the b12 shots. Have you ever heard of cavi lipo (non-surgical spot treatment)? I keep seeing Groupon's come up for a local place that offers it and have to admit I'm interested. For all the money I've spent on HNS's, I could have tried it by now. At my lowest weight I was just skin and bones on top but still had flab on my thighs. Yet I couldn't possibly lose more fat without my bf% being at an anorexic level (very nearly was already at 16%). Would be nice to do spot treatment and focus fat reduction where it's needed and keep some curves on top.

going4fit: I was the same, but my body fat never got below 30%, but my skin on my arms and legs were like all wrinkled and looked gross, it's not as bad now since I've gotten off the supplements somewhat. Yes I couldn't believe how low the calories were and didn't even think to check until after I started the program. It's like you're under a spell. I wish I wouldn't have jumped to quick on the injections because now I really don't want to do them but the center told me NO REFUND, so of course now i'm going to take them, just hope they don't hurt because they are a muscular shot. I've had one before and it was sore for weeks. I guess you live and learn but i'm going to take your advise and take it one day at a time. I just feel robbed but i'm the only one at fault I need to just say enough is enough. I might check that cavi lipo, haven't heard of it. I'm so glad you are posting on occasion I feel like you know where i'm coming from. Goodluck and I guess one of these days we'll be posting how we have found our way!! :hug:

patzi
07-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Skelley..

I refused to take all supplements except for: MR6 & Corti Trim and HNS.. It was a battle while I was losing weight as every time I went in they wanted me to take this, take that and I refused.

As for loose skin, I exercise and walk briskly each night with hubby for a good 45 minutes or so, and I still have hanging skin on arms and some of legs.. Not good looking at all, but I feel the weight off was worth it. I went to gym complete time I was losing not to have this happen, but it did.

Let us know how you make out on B12 shots.

I have found out the following.. If I go by a WIDE green menu adding items and taking HNS I can stay 5 pounds under goal, if I do not take HNS I gain, and I have to correct that, as I don't want to be a slave to it on maintenance.
How, I correct it, will have to tweak diet to compensate for it as HNS is 15 grams of protein.

I weighed in this week and gained anothe half pound, one pound in two weeks, no reason, just did, so will try to get it off .

Wishing everyone a great day.

Patzi

skelley331
07-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Skelley..

I refused to take all supplements except for: MR6 & Corti Trim and HNS.. It was a battle while I was losing weight as every time I went in they wanted me to take this, take that and I refused.

As for loose skin, I exercise and walk briskly each night with hubby for a good 45 minutes or so, and I still have hanging skin on arms and some of legs.. Not good looking at all, but I feel the weight off was worth it. I went to gym complete time I was losing not to have this happen, but it did.

Let us know how you make out on B12 shots.

I have found out the following.. If I go by a WIDE green menu adding items and taking HNS I can stay 5 pounds under goal, if I do not take HNS I gain, and I have to correct that, as I don't want to be a slave to it on maintenance.
How, I correct it, will have to tweak diet to compensate for it as HNS is 15 grams of protein.

I weighed in this week and gained anothe half pound, one pound in two weeks, no reason, just did, so will try to get it off .

Wishing everyone a great day.

Patzi

Patzi: the only supplements I took was the cortitrim and MRC-6 with the HNS, but after I stopped cortitrim is when my mid-section started getting fat, I go today to weigh in and get my first shot, I think i'm going to get the cortitrim again and see if it helps with my mid-section, that's the only problem area i'm having with weight gain. I have a stressfull job so that could be my problem. I eat really lean thru the week but have problems on weekends, not all weekends but some. I need to get the 10lbs off I've gained for sure. Thanks for posting and I'll let you know how the shots go. :carrot:

skelley331
07-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Well ladies I went to the center today and did my lipo b12 injection, wow could barely feel the shot. I was told by the nurse that some have noticed energy boosts within 24 hrs of the injection. Turns out that you get 10 shots instead of 8 so that's a big plus. I can't get my next injection until july 27th because they have two nurses and they are only there on certain days, that's the downfall for me because Saturdays are hard for me and I only have certain days I can get to the center which sucks. But she said that you don't have to do them every week, its better to but not a big deal i'm told. So 1st one down and 9 to go, I sure hope these work, on the up side they are cheaper than all their supplements LOL, I got 10 shots for $150,they were having a special, normally they are $200 for 10 but that's still cheap. I'll keep everyone posted on my success
:carrot:

Going4Fit
07-12-2013, 03:40 AM
A friend and I bought a "couples" training package with an independent personal trainer. We had our first session at her gym today. She did my measurements and used calipers to measure my body fat percentage (I'm up to 21%). Anyway, I'm hoping using a trainer I can get better at this gym thing. Really would like some body shaping/toning and to get stronger, and I need something besides dieting that I can work at for health/fitness. I do one session a week with her, and have to go to my gym on my own the rest of the week (2-3 more times). Hope I can remember everything and do it right.

skelley331, I'm glad to hear the shots didn't end up hurting you. That's a relief!

Lady67
07-12-2013, 11:40 AM
The only supplements I take are the HNS, vitamins, and fish oil. Someone suggested that I use all of the supplements, but I am loosing weight doing it this way and I am can always add more later.

I am doing meta-balance, and my weight loss is slower than the meta-slim. Which is ok.

I weighed in last night and have lost another 4.4 pounds. :) I am down a total of 25 lbs!

Makes me feel good, and helps to keep me motivated!

patzi
07-12-2013, 12:02 PM
The only supplements I take are the HNS, vitamins, and fish oil. Someone suggested that I use all of the supplements, but I am loosing weight doing it this way and I am can always add more later.

I am doing meta-balance, and my weight loss is slower than the meta-slim. Which is ok.

I weighed in last night and have lost another 4.4 pounds. :) I am down a total of 25 lbs!

Congratulations on weight loss.. My weight loss was very slow on meta slim, but I figured eventually it would come off and it did.. Good luck to you.
Patzi

JenB72
07-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Weighed in at lunch and I'm now down 13.5 pounds! :cheer:

skelley331
07-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Weighed in at lunch and I'm now down 13.5 pounds! :cheer:

JenB72: Yahoo!! congrats on your loss!!! Way to go!!!:carrot::carrot:

patzi
07-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Jen...
Congrats on weight loss. You are doing fantastic...

Patzi

Going4Fit
07-13-2013, 02:12 PM

Hi Lady67, congrats on your loss!

I only did the HNS's through the center when I did MetaSlim officially (I'm doing it again on my own since I messed up so bad on maintenance) and I bought the required multi-vitamin and fish oil at Costco. I let myself get talked into "the big three" when I first signed up, but did the program several more months without them and weight loss wasn't any different. I'm like Patzi - my weight loss was slower than what they advertise, but it was coming off and I just kept plugging along at it. And yes, dreaded going in and constantly trying to be sold another thing. But hey, they work on commission so that's what they do.

I'm sore today! Funny how it's always worse two days after a workout. It's a good sore - I'm glad I'm getting help to work these muscles and get into shape!

Going4Fit
07-14-2013, 06:23 PM
4 oz spaghetti squash for lunch today. Made a sauce for the top with 5 oz water, cream of chicken HNS, and 2 oz cooked diced chicken breast. On the side, 1/2 oz almonds and a peach. Mmmmm..... Good stuff.

skelley331
07-14-2013, 06:40 PM
I've been eating the Intuitive Eating way by listening to my body and only eating when i'm hungry and stopping when i'm satisfied, well this week I lost 1.2 lbs so i'll take it, especially now that I don't track calories, or think about food anymore!! I've finally got on track with what works for me. No more green menu thank god!! Had a great weekend for sure!! I go Tuesday for my second Lipo B12 injection, haven't noticed anything yet since I had my first one last Thursday so hopefully it will get better. :carrot:

Clalumelia2
07-14-2013, 07:43 PM
I started MRC in early June this year; have dropped 16 pounds. I take many of their dietary supplements and the required HNS, and the fat and carb blocker every time I eat out. I noticed not going out to eat as often because I get sick every time I take the fat and carb blocker. It's expensive, but has worked for me. Before MRC I'd tried many diets and just on my own with no positive results. Positive things I've noticed are a better grip on food portions and food combinations, decreased body and joint pain, increased energy and mood, and better thyroid function. Negatives for me are twice a week check ins, required classes and the "pushing" of the products every time I go. Overall, I feel happier and healthier. :D

<<<skelley331;4783102]Thought it would start a new thread since tomorrow is july 1st. I would like to know how many have done the MRC program and have had to come back and start it again due to weight gain during maintenance? Thank you>>>

skelley331
07-15-2013, 06:05 AM
I started MRC in early June this year; have dropped 16 pounds. I take many of their dietary supplements and the required HNS, and the fat and carb blocker every time I eat out. I noticed not going out to eat as often because I get sick every time I take the fat and carb blocker. It's expensive, but has worked for me. Before MRC I'd tried many diets and just on my own with no positive results. Positive things I've noticed are a better grip on food portions and food combinations, decreased body and joint pain, increased energy and mood, and better thyroid function. Negatives for me are twice a week check ins, required classes and the "pushing" of the products every time I go. Overall, I feel happier and healthier. :D

<<<skelley331;4783102]Thought it would start a new thread since tomorrow is july 1st. I would like to know how many have done the MRC program and have had to come back and start it again due to weight gain during maintenance? Thank you>>>

congratulations on your weight loss, MRC is a quick way to lose weight and inches but what many of us are experiencing is when we get to maintenance and we are weened off all the supplements and bring back the foods you didn't eat during the plan we all seem to start gaining our weight back. When you get to maintenance it's all about counting calories and staying within a calorie limit. goodluck on your journey!!! :carrot:

Going4Fit
07-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Clalumelia2 and congrats on your weight loss and accomplishments so far!

Today for lunch I sauteed mushrooms, green onions, and broccoli, and served them with a thick (as in, only added 3-4 oz water) cream of chicken HNS on top of a small La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortilla that I had broiled in the toaster oven first to harden (because it gets soggy under all the toppings otherwise). Added cookbook turkey sausage and parmesan cheese and back under the broiler for a few more minutes. Another yummy combination!

I'm enjoying switching up meats/cheeses/veggies and really tasting my foods and the different flavors from the combinations. :)

skelley331
07-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Clalumelia2 and congrats on your weight loss and accomplishments so far!

Today for lunch I sauteed mushrooms, green onions, and broccoli, and served them with a thick (as in, only added 3-4 oz water) cream of chicken HNS on top of a small La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortilla that I had broiled in the toaster oven first to harden (because it gets soggy under all the toppings otherwise). Added cookbook turkey sausage and parmesan cheese and back under the broiler for a few more minutes. Another yummy combination!

I'm enjoying switching up meats/cheeses/veggies and really tasting my foods and the different flavors from the combinations. :)

Going4fit: Hi how is everything going, sounds like you're doing pretty good! congrats!

skelley331
07-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Went in for my second Lipo B12 injection at 4:30, haven't noticed any change from my first shot but the nurse told me that hopefully I will start to notice after this shot more energy. So time will tell. But I did break down and buy corititrim and MRC-6. I've noticed since I stopped the cortitrim my stress levels are high and i'm on edge. I'm hoping this will work like it did when I took it before.

skelley331
07-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Hello everyone, i'm just checking in to let you know that i'm doing great so far following the IE way. Listen to this, last night when I got hungry I asked myself what sounded good! It was pizza and breadsticks, i'm thinking wow I wouldn't have allowed this if I was dieting , so I fixed us pizza and breadsticks, normally I would eat two slices and eat two breadsticks BUT I only felt like eating one slice of pizza and one breadstick and after that I was satisfied WOW! Before I would never had stopped at one slice and one breadstick, this is amazing and I even indulged in a small bowl of ice cream with choc syrup (normally I would have a big bowl) but one scoop was enough!!! I'm so excited!!! And to top it off this morning my jeans felt a little loose so I peaked and I've dropped another 1/2" off my waist!! YAHOO!!! Waist is now 32" last year it was 35 I'm off work fri/Monday, we are going down to my sister big boat for the weekend!!! It's going to be a hot one so everyone stay cool!!
I'm still going to MRC once a week to weigh in, and i'm taking the cortitrim, MRC-6, multi, EFA and doing the Lipo B12 injections (by the way the energy level is awesome). I've lost 2.8lbs this week and i'm not following the green menu, not counting calories anymore! I think I've found my way after all!! Keep your fingers crossed for me. :carrot:

Going4Fit
07-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Going4fit: Hi how is everything going, sounds like you're doing pretty good! congrats!
Well, I'm back in dieting mode, so I'm doing fine. It was maintenance that I failed so miserably at. I am taking the L-Glutamine amino acid and the 5htp supplement recommended in The Diet Cure to see if I can fix the brain chemistry and stop the binge/control cycle. I think at least the 5htp has helped me relax a bit and not be so cranky like I was last time on green menu. Not sure about the amino acid. There was one more I was going to try once I started adding calories back in.

I'm still getting messages from my brain to binge. I had my second training session with my personal trainer this afternoon and was up three pounds when I weighed in. I'm sure that's from the weight training (three sessions last week) - I recall other people on here having trouble with weight gain or stalls when they work out. Still discouraging since I managed my green menu perfectly 100% on plan. Had to stop at Costco on the way home for more tilapia and my brain was telling me to go ahead and get a gelato cone from the food court while I was there - "You gained weight when you didn't indulge, might as well treat yourself" it told me. I ignored it, then it told me to get some pizza too. I ignored that too. Stupid brain.

Well, I was hoping one month on green menu after one month of Meta Boost would do it for me and I could start stabilization again. Guess it's not to be. Luckily I do notice a difference with inches and can fit into some nice tank tops and shorts for the hot weather. That's a big boost for my self-esteem.

skelley331
07-19-2013, 02:47 PM
went into my MRC center this morning and weighed in, they showed me losing 1.8lbs and I always weigh more when I go there but hey i'm not dieting anymore so it's okay, I go by what my body tells me to do!! they were amazed that i'm eating whatever I want but i'm mostly doing 90/10% on clean eating anyway, that's one thing I have learned from the center and i'm grateful for that. the lipo B12 injections have given so much energy that i'm exercising everynite but only for 20 mins doing walk away the pounds dvd, and you know what i'm doing it because it makes me feel good about myself not because I need to do it or need to do it to burn off calories I ate, since i'm not counting calories I have no idea what it would burn off LOL! I'm finally at peace with myself and with food! I knew eventually I would find my way!! goodluck to everyone and I hope everyone finds their way especially to you going4fit I know you've had ups and down but you will get there. Oh I also lost 3 inches yahoo!!!!:carrot::carrot:

Going4Fit
07-20-2013, 03:13 AM
I made a batch of strawberry banana gelatin HNS's today. I make four at a time because I think they are kind of a pain to make. Boil 1 C water, add 4 packets and stir, stir, stir, until all are dissolved, then add 1 C cold water and divide evenly among four 6 oz custard cups. Refrigerate.

I posted once how to make a bigger bowl of gelatin out of other flavors of HNS's - need to find that again and make myself some grape and orange jello.

patzi
07-22-2013, 11:56 AM
I made a batch of strawberry banana gelatin HNS's today. I make four at a time because I think they are kind of a pain to make. Boil 1 C water, add 4 packets and stir, stir, stir, until all are dissolved, then add 1 C cold water and divide evenly among four 6 oz custard cups. Refrigerate.

I posted once how to make a bigger bowl of gelatin out of other flavors of HNS's - need to find that again and make myself some grape and orange jello.

I love the gelatins in summer.. Nice and cooling..
Patzi

patzi
07-22-2013, 11:59 AM
I had maintenance weigh in today vs. tomorrow, and I lost the one pound I had gained , so I am back to 5 pounds under goal.. If you recall I gained 1/2 pound two weeks in a row, no reason, just did.

I really watched my carbs, upped my protein and ate in a sensible way. Was not following any diet, just being sensible in eating and as you all know, I do not count calories.

Wishing you all a great weigh in.

Patzi

skelley331
07-22-2013, 04:11 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today vs. tomorrow, and I lost the one pound I had gained , so I am back to 5 pounds under goal.. If you recall I gained 1/2 pound two weeks in a row, no reason, just did.

I really watched my carbs, upped my protein and ate in a sensible way. Was not following any diet, just being sensible in eating and as you all know, I do not count calories.

Wishing you all a great weigh in.

Patzi

congrats on your loss and being back to where you wanted to be. I don't count calories anymore either! I'm more at peace with my foods now. Doing really great with the lipo B12 injections, the energy level is amazing!:carrot:

patzi
07-23-2013, 12:33 PM
congrats on your loss and being back to where you wanted to be. I don't count calories anymore either! I'm more at peace with my foods now. Doing really great with the lipo B12 injections, the energy level is amazing!:carrot:

I am delighted to hear the B12 injections helping you.

Patzi

skelley331
07-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Thank you patzi, i'm just glad I have finally got a hold on my weight situation and being at peace with food, makes it so much easier.

MarleneV
07-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Skelley, I'm glad to hear things are going well! That's great!

Patzi, glad to hear you've lost that lb too!

Hope everyone else is doing well

I'm finally back from our month long business/vacation trip. We drove our truck/camper, and cooked many of our meals on the trip, which made it easy to eat clean & "on program". I still call it on program, even on maintenance... Did have a few treats along the way, including some mini cupcakes at my class reunion, but didn't have any problems going back to the on program stuff. I was even able to eat "just 2 bites" of some things and stick to those 2 bites. Best part, I took my scale, and stayed between 131 & 134 the entire trip.

Going4Fit
07-24-2013, 02:59 AM
Marlene that's fantastic! I'm so impressed. Good for you! :carrot:

skelley331
07-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Hey marlene glad to have you back, congrats on maintaining! That's awesome:cp:

Going4Fit
07-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Weighed in today and that 3 pounds from last week is gone so I guess it was just a fluke from my workout (weighed in after workout instead of before). Still don't understand the plateau but gotta keep keepin' on.

Bought some more of the Super High Protein Meal Replacement shakes, the ones with 35g protein, so they are still available. Discovered on these hot summer days I often don't feel like eating much, so these are a way to get my protein/calories in. I like the vanilla with the wildberry HNS, blended with lots of ice in my Vitamix - gets nice and thick and fluffy and tastes like a berry smoothie. Very refreshing.

Has anyone ever tried making pudding pops with the HNS puddings? Wondering if you can just make them as directed and freeze them in popsicle molds...

skelley331
07-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Going4Fit: Awesome, congrats on your loss, keep going! I've never tried freezing the HNS as popsicles but I have read other people doing it. I had my 3rd lipo 12 injection yesterday. I've lost an inch off my waste and i'm still losing the lbs, slower than normal but i'll take that any day. My energy level is awesome, i'm doing my 1 mile walk now mon-fri and feel great afterwards. I'm still not following MRC plan i'm eating the IE way and loving it. :carrot:

patzi
07-25-2013, 11:32 AM
I want to congratulate all those that lost.. Keep up the good work.. Nice inspiration..On Maintenance, any way you can maintain, be healthy and happy about your results, that is the way to go.

Y'all have a wonderful day.

Patzi

skelley331
07-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Thank you Patzi, you too!

Going4Fit
07-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Well I went ahead and made a batch of vanilla HNS pudding (with 1/4 teaspoon orange extract - soooo much better!) and cut down the water to 3 oz instead of 4 to make it a bit thicker. It filled two Tupperware popsicle molds. I'll try it out for lunch tomorrow and let you all know if it worked. Been so hot here I keep looking for things that are cool and refreshing to beat the heat.

skelley331
07-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Well I went ahead and made a batch of vanilla HNS pudding (with 1/4 teaspoon orange extract - soooo much better!) and cut down the water to 3 oz instead of 4 to make it a bit thicker. It filled two Tupperware popsicle molds. I'll try it out for lunch tomorrow and let you all know if it worked. Been so hot here I keep looking for things that are cool and refreshing to beat the heat.

Yum sounds good!!! Let us know how they taste.:carrot:

MarleneV
07-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I did, because I spent some time with my daughter. We went to a local farmers market & picked up some bison. If you haven't tried it, you should! It's yummy, and counts like chicken. Don't get the Kiva bison burgers at Costco, they add fat to those, and the calorie count is too high. Find a local source for it.

Also found a cute dress at Nordstrom Rack, for $11.90!

Going4Fit
07-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Marlene, that's too funny as I tried bison for the first time recently too. I saw it as a new item in my local grocery store in the meat section right next to the ground beef. Only sold in a 1 lb pack of ground meat, and it was quite expensive @ $7.99, but I wanted to try it so I splurged. I double checked my menu when I got home to make sure it counted as a daily protein choice and not a 2x/week only choice, because my package said it had 11g fat per serving, significantly higher than the other allowed proteins. But no added ingredients - just pure ground bison. *shrug* Anyway, I enjoyed it. I'll have to look for it at the farmers market too - wouldn't have thought of that.

I'm starting to get ripe tomatoes from my vegetable garden, so that's my enjoyable thing adding to my menu right now. I have a few spaghetti squash in the garden that look like they will make it to maturity this season as well, so that's exciting for me as it's my first time growing it.

My pudding pop experiment was a failure I think. They weren't gross, but they weren't like yummy pudding pops either. The froze completely solid, yet didn't taste cold when licked, just a weird texture and warm tasting. And biting off frozen chunks wasn't enjoyable. So I won't do that again.

I found a pair of white capris at Goodwill that fit amazing (size 6 baby - oh yeah) and between two different Goodwill stores found several cute tank tops that look so nice with them and I am having a major self-esteem boost from rocking the new look! I've never worn white pants before. Feels so nice and summery.

Major fail with making it to the gym all week. Hard time getting there during the limited hours the kids club is open, and my kids are too young to stay home alone and work-a-holic hubby always gets home after the gym is closed at night. My goal is to try going at 5:30am while everyone is asleep (hubby will be home then, and also sleeping). Wish me luck as I have always preferred staying up late vs. getting up early.

skelley331
07-29-2013, 03:01 PM
This forum has really become quiet! I'm still doing the Lipo B12 injections, go Wednesday for my 4th one, The only thing I've gained from doing the injections is all the energy. I haven't noticed any inches disappearing like they said but they just tell me it might take a little longer. Well after my tenth shot i'll be done, no more injections, no more HNS's, just plain no more. I'm still following the IE way and it seems to be working best for me.
Going4fit, i'm glad you have found your way like I said before, size 6 Yeah baby for sure!! Yo go girl!:carrot:

JenB72
07-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Doing good and hanging in there. Last Friday I took a major step forward in my weight loss and for the first time in almost 6 months, I actually looked at the number on the scale. I know now what I need to lose. Nothing holding me back now!!!! :cheer:

MarleneV
07-30-2013, 02:10 AM
I pay $8/lb for ground bison and I think the sirloin bison was $15/lb at the farmers market. so, yes, it is expensive. I'll get that out of the freezer for me, and everyone else eats regular steak or hamburger. but, it is grass-fed and no hormones or antibiotics. Being here in Texas, I can also get Longhorn beef, which also counts like chicken, but I didn't care so much for that.

Good luck on getting up early to go to the gym.

Skelley, keep updating us on the injections.

Jen, glad to hear you had a major step! That's always a good feeling.

skelley331
07-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Doing good and hanging in there. Last Friday I took a major step forward in my weight loss and for the first time in almost 6 months, I actually looked at the number on the scale. I know now what I need to lose. Nothing holding me back now!!!! :cheer:

JenB72 that's awesome, congrats!! Are you still following the plan?

patzi
07-30-2013, 11:52 AM
I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained. Still 5 pounds under goal.

Re: Pudding... I mix the pudding with water and a bit of vanilla soy milk
and sprinkle some walnuts in it and freeze it... If I use the vanilla vs. chocolate, I swirl some sugar free chocolate syrup on top...

If you do this, watch it, as it will freeze fast. I like mine frozen good, let it thaw for 2-3 minutes, and it takes me forever to eat it, but does the trick for a fix at night.

I have made the pudding and also added the water for the pudding and some FF Greek Vanilla Yogurt.. I like that lots... Vanilla pudding, yogurt, and some sugar free straweberry syrup on top and freeze..

I have not found a real popsicle recipe I can say that tasted like a popsicle.
If anyone has, let me know..

Patzi

skelley331
07-30-2013, 02:25 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained. Still 5 pounds under goal.

Re: Pudding... I mix the pudding with water and a bit of vanilla soy milk
and sprinkle some walnuts in it and freeze it... If I use the vanilla vs. chocolate, I swirl some sugar free chocolate syrup on top...

If you do this, watch it, as it will freeze fast. I like mine frozen good, let it thaw for 2-3 minutes, and it takes me forever to eat it, but does the trick for a fix at night.

I have made the pudding and also added the water for the pudding and some FF Greek Vanilla Yogurt.. I like that lots... Vanilla pudding, yogurt, and some sugar free straweberry syrup on top and freeze..

I have not found a real popsicle recipe I can say that tasted like a popsicle.
If anyone has, let me know..

Patzi

Congrats Patzi on maintaining, you are so consistent!! :carrot:

JenB72
07-31-2013, 09:41 AM
JenB72 that's awesome, congrats!! Are you still following the plan?

Yup, still chugging along. It's not as quick as the 3-initial plan which we cannot utter here ;), but it's still effective.