Old 06-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/154/135

Height: 5"4

Default feeling hurt :'(

I'm feeling really peeved and irritated and hurt. I live in a small town where you see everyone the whole time. My kid is in the same class as another kid whose mother just ignores me. Last year I always saw her coming and going and tried to smile, say hi maybe try join in a group conversation with her but never really worked. My daughter would say hi to her and shed say hi back but ignore me. I always found it so weird. This year they are in diff classes but I still see the mum the whole time, if she would say hi, i could see it was like painful for her and this year something in me clicked and was like why even bother trying to be friendly? So I just point blank ignore her and I can see she gets I'm just ignoring her back. And everytime it happens it really hurts. She's friendly to everyone beside me, went away with a whole group of my friends who she really isn't friends with but didnt invite me. She doesn't even know me, barely spoken to me but just cuts me out and I know I shouldnt care but I do. I hate it when I see her coming my heart flops and I'm like oh no, and like everyone else loves her cos she's that type involved with everyone.its just really bothering me cos if shed give me a chance I can imagine we could be good friends.
I'm sorry for ranting, I know its not weight loss but it does make me feel down, which then makes it harder to get myself to work out......any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks for reading!
deb813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #2  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

If she's friends with everyone else, but gives you the cold shoulder, it could be that she received some gossip about you and decided to not to attempt friendship with you. Rather childish, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened here.

Honestly, I would just ignore her and go on my merry way. You can't please everyone all the time. But if its really bothering you that badly, then go up to her one day and say, "Hi, my name is.....I've noticed you don't seem to be very friendly towards me and I don't know why. Could you enlighten me?"

Never hurts to try....
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #3  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

Women can be so mean to each other. I find that I am at a age where I just don't waste my time on people who are not nice. Life is way to short to add that kind of stress to your life.

There is a bunch of women at my younger son's school who are very cliquish. I use to feel left out, but then I saw their facebooks pics of them out drinking up a storm, I realized that I didn't have a lot in common with them. Sometimes as much as you want to be part of a certain group, it's not worth it. Most of us thought we wouldn't be dealing with these things at this age, but we still are. Guess it never goes away.

Keep your chin up and be the bigger person in this.
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #4  

Ok, I'm going to go a little more spiritual with my response:

I can hear the hurt in your words. There is really only one way to know what is going on in this woman's head. You have to talk to her.

For all you know she smiled at you one time and you didn't see her so of course you didn't smile back and now she thinks that you don't like her so she wrote you off....It could be any number of things.

You are never going to feel better unless you say something to her. Not accusatory, just a simple question 'Hey, are you mad at me?' or 'You ok? I've seen you around this year but we've never seemed to connect'

Either she'll realize, hey this lady isn't slighting me or hey this lady seems pretty nice or hey, maybe I misjudged this lady...

It'll all work out.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #5  

Thank you so much for your responses and advice. I really appreciate it and makes me feel better.
I hate confrontation :-\ and it feels so weird to say something to someone who I hardly know. But I am determined so if its the right thing to do I'll do it. I'm just scared it'll backfire and shell b***ch about me or be over friendly to compensate cos she feels weird with me.
It just sucks, when these things come from nowhere! Like you barely know a person but they seem to think they know you,judge you, think something of you that your not and then make a decision to hurt you. I feel like I'm back in school playing those games. It just feels so immature. At the end of the day part of me feels if she doesn't like me, she just doesn't like me and there's nothing I can do about it

Last edited by deb813; 06-19-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Not everyone is going to like you. It's just the harsh truth. So don't waste your time hung up over ONE person who doesn't want to be your friend. Concentrate on your friends not the people who aren't.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #7  
So Close to Goal

S/C/G: 178/146/125

Height: 5"3

As Mama Whitty said, women can really be so ugly! You would think that once you're out of school, the childish, *****y and immature behaviour would end!!
If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time with this woman. Some people gel, and some just don't. Sometimes these things shouldn't be forced. However, if it's upsetting you to the point that you aren't able to focus on your weight-loss/exercise goals, maybe you should confront her to see what the issue is.
kate27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #8  

Thanks for your advice. I guess just gonna try not let it bother me. If she has problem with me, its hers not mine and hopefully just have nothing to do with her, even though I keep seeing her round the whole time!!! Rahhhhhhhh
Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I think everyone has people like this in their life. Someone who for whatever reason you got off on the wrong foot with and things never really recovered. It could be the coworker who you accidentally make eye contact with all the time or someone you almost always run into every time you turn a corner. That person who makes you feel anxious and awkward. These relationships happen and cannot really be explained.

Let it go. Feeling anxious every time you see her makes things worse. Go about your business avoid her the best you can (without looking like you are trying to avoid her). If a situation arises where a greeting is required, do the absolute minimum and then move on.

Last edited by Scarlett; 06-20-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote