Weight Loss Support - Stay At Home Mom's #75

View Full Version : Stay At Home Mom's #75

Freckles
05-29-2003, 08:26 AM
WELCOME!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #74 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Freckles
05-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Good Day, All!

Ginny: Aren't you glad that I opened up a new thread? Five pages was a bit long for me to follow too! As for these boys & their homework-I'm glad the school year is coming to an end. I loved the math H.W. story. :lol: As for diet & exercise-You are doing great by getting in your walks and staying within your points range. I'm proud of you!! (I sure wish I was headed in the right direction.) :( Things will slow up soon, I hope!

Spryng: I can tell that you're more than ready for the baby's delivery! Hang in there Hon! As for dialating goes-each baby is different. I was dialated a fingertip for weeks with my son. I lost his mucus plug nearly a month before he was born. I had my "bloody show" the night before he was born & was still dialated a fingertip! They put me in the hospital for a few hours hooked up to monitors & checked for more dialation to no avail! They finally discharged me from the Hosp. at 8:00 pm that night and told me they would see me in a few days or so. My dh & I went out for Italian Food immediately after my release
(Just a mile from the Hospital) and in the middle of my Lasagna meal I started to have intense contractions, but thought that it was nothing! So...at l0:00 that same night, I started having regular timed contractions that lasted the whole night. I called the Dr. the next am & he told me to send my dh to work & that I needed my rest. Well, I'm glad that I followed my instincts & called the Hosp. because they told me that if I felt that uncomfortable, I should just come in to be on the safe side. Well-good thing I did because I was dilated to 10 and because I didn't come in when I was having my intense contractions, my son decided to drop square (shoulders wanting to come out at the same time) due to me standing up for so long in the shower when I should have been laying down. So....dilated at l0, I ended up pushing for 2 hours! The birth of my dd was just opposite. My water broke at home, so I went to the hosp. just an hour later of it breaking. I wasn't dilated, so they made me walk the floors the entire night. I still wasn't dilated by a.m., so they induced me at 7:30 a.m. & dd was born just l0 min. later! (Only 2 pushes needed) Both of my babies were born 3 days after their due dates. I did a ton of walking right up until their deliveries. (13 miles of walking per day while delivering mail.) So... Spryng-maybe it was the Italian food that I ate, huh? I guess you'll have to give it a try! :lol: Mel: I loved the ultrasound picture! I at first have to admit that I thought you posted a picture of the puppies & couldn't make heads or tails out of the picture! (No pun intended!) But-I re-read your post & then I could totally make out the baby once I tilted my head a little. :rolleyes: How funny, huh? As for the puppies-I know how busy you are with them, as I'm going thru the same thing with Mamma Kitty right now. She had 7 kittens, but one died at birth & another died a week ago because a Tom cat came by & killed it & if it wasn't for my ds hearing the commotion, another kitty would have been next. So-we now have Mamma & her kitties in the garage where they can be safe!
DH moved the cars outside, washed the garage floor & got rid of all the mouse/rat poison. Oh! Any type of baby is a lot of fun, isn't it? As for your baby: Don't worry about her slowing down her movements, as it is getting to be more tight living quarters for her & also with you as active as you are with the puppies-you are probably moving around so much that you keep rocking her to sleep! Do you notice that she's more active when you're laying down trying to go to sleep yourself? Well gals, it's time for me to go get ready for my WW WI & meeting. I know I've gained, so I'll just go for the pep talk I guess! :eek: TTFN!

spryng
05-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Good evening all!
I hope the talent show goes well tonight Ginny!! Have lots of fun.
Mel I hope you are feeling more rested now and those contractions have subsided. I've had braxton hicks since 22 weeks along so I know how important it is to take it easy.
Well, I have felt better this evening. I even went ahead and took the Metamucil. It didn't taste too bad at all. We'll find out tomorrow if it works to get labor started. Lets hope and pray!! I have my best friend coming to visit tomorrow from tennesee. I'm so excited. She will be here until wednesday. So tomorrow I will be cleaning house before she gets here. I was just too pooped today to mess with it. I did make a nice dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread so at least the family got fed, but that was all I did.
Jackie thanks for starting a new thread!! And thanks for the encouragement on labor. I did have spaghetti tonight, is that italian enough? lol I guess I will find out soon.
Well I am calling it a night. Talk to you all tomorrow!

ECmom
06-01-2003, 09:34 PM
Wow~ where is everyone???????
Thanks Jackie, for starting the new thread. This past week was just a wee bit too busy for me to do so.........gotta go Dd is using the puter and I stole a minute to say hi! And she is so crabby.
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny
(hi, Spryng!)

K2BMe
06-01-2003, 10:52 PM
Here I am!!! I've been sooooo busy! We have started putting some real effort in to the nursery DH is currrently upstairs pounding nails. I'm getting so excited about this baby I can hardly stand it! It's been so nice here too so I've been out everyday with the kids. We went out in the pond yesterday and hunted tadpoles, crawfish and found one salamander. The kids love it. Its been really hard for me to keep off the horses. The dr said absoluty not to go ridding :( and I'm dying to where it has been so warm here. This time of year on the trails is my favorite.
I can't remember who asked about where the name orginated that I picked. Anyhow, Baylend is Irish and Merle is my husband's middle name. My cousin got a book of Irish babynames years ago when she had her son (Drennen) And Baylend sorda stuck with me. It does sound southern tho. I guess thats even more the reason I like it.
Glad to hear that you are all doing ok and all. Ginny seems that you are really keeping up with your program. I'm so glad you have found something that works with you. Jackie its always so good to hear from you and I'm sure things will slow down so you can find your groove. I loved your lasagna delivery story btw :)
Well Spryng. I wish I could help you with your labor. I walked ALOT. But both my children were enduced. Water broke with the first one at home and I had srong contractions 3 min apart but my labor wasn't productive. So they enduced and 2 pushes...15 min Dd1 was here. With Dd2 She was due in March with a heavy snow storm on the way. And when it snows here we can't get out but for helicopter. So my Dr. decided the baby was big enough and I had a planned enduction... 3 pushes and 10 min she was here. Just be careful hon. When he is ready he will come. My friend used some kind of codliver oil or something and It did the job but also made her delivery miserable. It gave her the diarreah and caused the babys bowels to move in the sac so it all was pretty bad. Be careful with anything that makes ya "go" ok.
oh girls over look my typos! I gotta scoot Dh is calling me and no time to spellcheck :P
Have a good day ya all

spryng
06-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Good evening all!
Well I am so tired tonight. We went and watched finding Nemo today and it was such a cute movie!! The kids loved it too.
Misty I wish I would have read your post earlier... I took the castor oil about an hour ago. YUCK!!! I took about 3 oz, but I am so constipated (sorry, too much info I know) so if it doesn't put me into labor at least it will clean me out so I won't feel so bloated. I feel terrible. I'm scared of castor oil but I'm more scared of a 10 lb baby coming out. But I will keep you all informed.
Well, I am so tired. I'll chat with you all tomorrow.

mel17
06-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Morning Ladies,

Not much going on here, just thought I'd check in on everybody! It's been so quiet around here, I'm glad everyone is checking in!!!

Well I guess I'm going to have breakfast, so I'll be back later!

Have a good day!

ECmom
06-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Good morning!!!:)
Thankfully, life is a whole lot more sane here...........Dd is in school and not terrorizing the household with her hormonal outbursts!:lol: Last night was a winner....as I tried to sneak on the 'puter- she spent the whole day working on a paper that is due today.......sounds like she would have fared a lot better if she did it when it was assigned instead of hanging out at her bf's house.;) . But then what do I know, I am only her mother. She was awful last nite, screaming, crying......bellyaching........somehow it was all my fault:p - no it did not bother me a bit, I only felt bad for her plight........which she made primarily by herself....... But I did get a nice walk in this am- and the Lord blessed me with a gorgeous cool breezy morning to walk in! (it was 45 when I went out).

Michele- when is your due date (forgive me for forgetting.....)?
Gee this is so exciting for you! Enjoy this pregnancy (being that you say it is your last)- and the beautiful spring weather. I love tadpole/frog catching...we have a pond about 500 feet from our house and it teems with sunnies and frogs. The kids love it (me too!). Glad that your nursery is coming along. What is Dh doing- are you converting another room?

Spryng- did you survive the cod liver oil?:o Don't worry about telling us about your physical woes- we have all been thru it - one way or another........and we are all friends here! :) I just hope that you can deliver early. I agree with Michele- walk, walk, walk......as long as you do not get into trouble with your BP or ankles swelling too much. Does your midwife have any suggestions about making labor come on??

Well, I had better go- today is my day at Ds's school for lunch and being that he will be in HS next year- well I'd better enjoy this while I can! Hope that everyone is having a good day. See ya later!
GInny

K2BMe
06-02-2003, 10:45 PM
geesh kinda wondering how that oil effected Spryng? hmm. Hope you are doing well hon. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.
Mel I totally forgot to mention yesterday that I loved your 3d ultrasound pic. Thanks for sharing. Those are so amazing.
Ginny, I'm due November 21 it was the 27 Thanksgiving day but at the las ultrasound they moved it up. We have been in the process of remodeling our entire house for years lol. I don't know if you all remember me saying we bought a farm house built in the 1800's and gutted it to start over. Sooo the nursery is brand new. We just finished the drywall and are putting in the trim and paint... then carpet. Its turning out really cute. Well I've had a pretty good day. I babydat for my friends son and took all the kids to story hour at the library. It was a ball. I don't get much of a chance to have lil boys around. We had so much fun with him. I think I had to much salt today. I took a nap and when I woke up my hands were really swollen. Feels kinda yucky. I'm trying to get a few glasses of water in to wash it out. Other than that I feel pretty good. Well Its getting late and I still have chores to do in the barn. Nighters gals....

spryng
06-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Good evening all!
Well let me tell you castor oil is gross gross gross and doesn't work! :( I was up all night running to the bathroom and had some contractions but they subsided by this afternoon (they never became painful or anything) so it didn't work for me. I won't be trying that again. I'll just stick to my evening primrose oil and blue cohosh, at least it doesn't have any side effects. But I see my midwife tomorrow and get another exam so hopefully we have good news. I'll keep you all informed.
I'm glad your nursery is going well Misty!! How exciting! We didn't do a nursery this time since Tanner will be sharing a room with his brother eventually, but I always wanted to do that.
Well ladies I am exausted as usual so off to bed I go. Pray that this baby decided to come soon!! I am so ready!! 37 weeks along today! :)

K2BMe
06-03-2003, 08:50 AM
good mornin :) I was just checking in before I get my day started. I'm so glad you are ok Spryng. Sorry that oil was such a bad experience.
Everyone have a great OP day!!!

ECmom
06-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Good morning!!!!!
Michele~ gee your house sounds so neat.........I'm sure it has lots of character- (more than the 70's raised ranch I live in:dizzy: :lol: ).
But all that rennovation work is just that work....and the cleanup can be a bear too. Glad that you are so happy with the nursery and had such a fun day. Little boys are different, that's for sure! But fun too.

Spryng~ sorry about that castor oil.........yuck!! I hope you are feeling better too! Fill us in with what the midwife says, I am anxious to hear if she has any advice as to what might speed up labor a bit- there has to be something other than pitocin (dreaded stuff- I had that with Ds). Congrats on making 37 weeks too!

Well- busy life here continues. Dd won here game last nite- against the main local rival (who I would be hard pressed to say anything nice about- a "dirty" team). So she is happy........for now:lol:. I did get a 50 minute walk in this am- it is still so nice and cool, makes for an invigorating walk. My eating has been good the past day or so- but I am not expecting anything great out of tomorrows WI. I have not been as consistent as I should be with my eating and we had 2 dinners out ( I was not bad- but it was tough to stay within points range- all the foods were fried, or had sauce on them- even the salad had dressing on it already).
I will be happy if I have gained a pound and no more.

Well, gotta go clean my dirty house! Have a great day.
Ginny

ECmom
06-03-2003, 08:19 PM
Hi!
I just came online to do my evening check of Ds's math homework.....looks like he might have some catching up to do!
(what will I do with myself when school is out????) I did get some housework done- not as much as I wanted to but some.
My friend will not be joining me at my WW meeting tomorrow- which is good because then I'll just get all my errands done- go to Walmart also and get to stay put Thursday and Friday and get some serious housework done! I am almost excited about that! ( I also must be sick in the head).
Well, there is noone to chat with, so I'll bid you all a great nite. See ya tomorrow.......complete with the WW lecture from my meeting. Have a great nite!
Ginny

spryng
06-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Good evening all!!
Well here is my update.... I'm still 1 cent and 50% effaced but he's went from -3 station to -1 which she said is really substantial to happen within a week. So that is good progress. She said she expects to see me at my next week appointment but not much after that. So that is good news. She also said she didn't say he was already in the 8 lb range, but that he will be by time he delivers. She says he feels like he is in the 7's right now. So that made me feel alot better. I'll stop trying so hard to get him to come out :) Plus my best friend is leaving tomorrow and won't be back until the 18th so I guess I should try and wait so she can make the birth. She was there for both of my others. So anyway... it was a good appointment. After we saw her we went over to the hospital and got a tour of the labor and delivery and all that and it was very neat. There were two little babies in the nursery and it made me want to hold Tanner so badly!! lol But I can wait, I am going to be patient now.
Well tomorrow is another long day, we have to take Heather to the airport in kansas City so I need to hit the bed now. Talk to you all soon!!

mel17
06-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Good evening ladies!

I thought I'd check in and see what's going on with everyone!

Spryng, I'm glad that things are progressing nicely with you, and before you know it you'll have little Tanner in your arms! Maybe you'll be able to wait for your friend to make it back!?! Anyway, good luck and keep us updated on your progress! Listening to you and your updates helps to keep my mind busy between my appt's, and I don't go back again until next week! But I'm hoping that she'll go ahead and bump me to every other week, so that time might seem to pass more quickly!!!

Ginny, I don't know what you'll do when school gets out, you won't have any homework to check!?! :) Maybe we'll get to spend more time with you!?! I can't wait to hear how your WI went??? Good luck!!!

Misty, I'll bet you're having a great time working on the new nursery! How are you feeling???

I'm doing good, other than these awful allergies, but I'm dealing with them. Nothing that I can take seems to help, so I try not to take anything! Only 11 weeks and 5 days to go, and I can get back to getting a healthy body again! And with the baby , I won't have time to get bored and eat out of habit! I've been trying to get back to my healthy eating already, but I must admit, it's hard when my body demands more food, for the baby. I feel like I'm always hungry, but we're getting back to the good snacks instead of giving in to every craving! It's a start I guess!?!

I hope all is well with everyone, talk to y'all soon!!!

ECmom
06-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Hi!
Well, I survived today..........but gee I am tired. Dd is sleeping over at a friends house (which takes the pressure off me for getting her to her game tomorrow:) ). Ds just got home from a class trip to Hyde Park (home of Franklin Roosevelt)- my WW buddy went on the trip and "owed me" a ride, bringing Ds home :) ) so here I am at 7:50 in my jammies.........and happy.

Spryng- that is just wonderful news about Tanner......he is getting ready to meet his family face to face!:D . I am glad that he is not yet at 8#......I have had 2 almost 9#'ers and ooohhh:o were they fun to push out! Hope that you had a safe trip to the airport.........

Melissa-Sorry about the allergies......tough to treat while pregnant! Gosh, only 11 weeks for you! Time is flying.........well a pregnancy sure does go fast over the internet, but then I do not have your aches, pains........ all that fun stuff. Try to eat healthy- or at least keep track of what you are eating...in terms of the fat/fiber content....and I am sure that you will be back to your losing ways once the baby is born and you are ready!:)

As for me, I did get to my meeting. Laura was in rare form.....singing the Gloria Estefan song "Get on your feet"- dancing all over the room- she really is such a nut, but it figures, I like her!:dizzy: Today's lecture was about keeping up with excercise when the weather is crummy- either all the rain we have had here in NY or the severe heat of summer. She discussed stuff like mall walking, hiking, biking, yard work, or even increased housework- anything to get us moving (thus the song), out of the kitchen and away from food. The key motivator she gave us was to pick a Labor day goal- either size, weight or how we want to feel and keep that in mind as we approach summer. And of course.... keeping in mind how our eating or activity (or lack of said) will contribute to that. I think I want to lose 10 # by then.......that puts me in the mid 140's as far as weight goes......and only another 10 or so from goal.........but I do not want to think that far ahead! I lost a whopping 0.4# - actually I am happy about that- as we ate out a lot recently and at Dd's awards banquet everything- even the salad which already had dressing on it- was in sauce or fried. I will take the 0.4 and be happy- I am too!!!!!!! Then I went on to Walmart and got a great denim dress for $5- it is a size 12, a wee bit snug, but if I take off 5# it should fit nicely. It is above the knee- :o - I'm actually willing to show a bit of leg now- and looks cute on- kind of fitted too. Dh's comment was "another denim dress?"- aw- crum, they are comfortable and the price was right!
Gotta go and enjoy the rest of my peaceful evening.:)
Have a great nite!
Ginny

spryng
06-04-2003, 11:12 PM
Good evening all!!
Ginny congrats on the loss! You are doing so well, I am so proud of you.
Wow Mel your pregnancy is flying too! I know as soon as you get to go to your OB every two weeks it flies even more. Now that I am on a weekly bases it seems to be zooming ahead. Which I am not complaining about.
Well today has been another very long day. We took my best friend to the airport and that was a two hour drive one way. Every time I get in the car anymore my braxton hicks really pick up, so it was uncomfortable to say the least. But she got on her plane on time and all that and should be home by now. She'll be back though in two weeks for either the birth or to visit our new addition. Hopefully the latter. I would love to wait for her to have him so she can be there but at the same time I'm ready to get this over with and move on, you know? But I'm letting nature take it's course with me. Whenever he is ready then he is more than welcome to come. :) But anyway, I just got out of a nice warm bath and am super sleepy now. So off to bed I go.
Jackie I hope you are doing well and get to make your WW meeting tomorrow.
Misty I hope you too are having a good and relaxing evening.
And Karen! I haven't forgot about you, I hope you are doing well too and can post soon.
G'nite all.

ECmom
06-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Good morning!!!
Spryng, I'm glad that you got thru the trip to the airport. A 2 hour drive (which I bet you did not tell us it was that far as you know how I worry!) is long for being so late in a pregnancy. I know I was told during the last month not to be more than an hour from the hopsital (my labors went quickly). BTW- are you delivering at home - a birthing center or a hospital? (and if I know that already forgive me for the brain dead question.) Sounds like you are relaxing a bit about the size of Tanner....... which is good. Hope that you slept well after your warm bath....sounds so nice and relaxing!!!! BTW, how is Dh doing post-back surgery? Is he healing well- and the infection gone??

As for me, I'm still pooped. I'm waiting to hear from the dentist- I have another tooth ache:( - which is not all that uncomfortable- but sapping my strength a bit. I have an appointment for 6/16 but am trying to get in earlier if I can. Pretty sure it is an absessed tooth or another root canal.....No, I do not live like a hillbilly- there are no goats in my kitchen- and actually my teeth look great.......but I am very prone to needing root canal- and absesses........it just seems as though I am constantly in need of some major dental work:( . No walk yet for me, it was raining this morning- but I will get one in before I go out for my afternoon route.
Gotta scoot........have a great day!!!!! Jackie, hope that you got to your WW meeting. Karen and Michele, how are ya?
Ginny

spryng
06-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Good afternoon all!
Well Ginny we didn't think it was 2 hours away. We can get to Kansas City in an hour but it was all the way on the missouri side so it took another hour just to get to it. So that is why it was so far. And we have to go back on the 18th to pick her up again and it will be late at night. I'm not looking forward to it at all. On top of that there is a good chance I'll deliver in the mean time and I'll not want to drive 4 hours (round trip) anyway. Maybe she should look into a rental car?? Hmm... something to think about.
But anyway, I am delivering in the hospital (I hope anyway!!) but I don't have fast labors (knock on wood) so I should have plenty of time to get to the hospital. In fact we got a tour on tuesday of the birthing center and we really enjoyed it. At the last hospital I used for my other two births you did everything in one room. but at the hospital I'm using here there is a labor and delivery room and then after you have the baby you get moved to a post partum room. But all the rooms are really nice, and the post partum look so cozy so I am fine with that. It was a great tour.
And thanks for asking about my DH. He is getting better and better. He is driving again and doing little things. I have to keep him under control though or he'll over do it if I would let him. But his incision is healing nicely and he is weaning himself off the pain killers (doctors orders) and is coping nicely with it all. And it's nice that he is home and will be home for a few more weeks after the baby is born, he'll be such a big help to me. He is ready for the baby to come too. Sorry to hear about your tooth ache. My wisdom teeth have been bothering me for over 5 years now (they are coming up under my back molars because there is just no room for them) and they bother me really bad about twice a year. It's just so expensive to get them pulled so I have been dealing with it. But as soon as the baby gets here I can schedule an appointment to get them out. I hope you get relief soon!
Well, the kids are napping and I should be. I have a major mess to clean up in this house the afternoon when they wake up. So I'll stay busy until this evening. I hope everyone is having a great day!! Chat with you soon!!

K2BMe
06-05-2003, 11:07 PM
YAY!!!! Ginny I had no idea you were so close to your goal!!! WOW! What a great feeling. Im sure you will meet your 10# goal. And then that new denim dress will be to loose :). So good for you. Im soooo happy! Oh geesh Ginny guess what? I lost a filling the other night! I had to run out and get a pack of that temporary filling junk to fix it with. Thank God for that stuff. I'm serious. I was in awful pain. But I'm terrified to see the dentist while I'm pregers cause they will wanna work on it with out numbing it. I really hope your visit goes well and you are feeling better.
I'm so glad to hear you are not pressuring things Spryng. It worried me. You just never know, and who wants to go into labor with all the joys castrol oil brings :lol: Hope you can kinda take it easy and get rested for the big event. You know you'll need to be good and rested.
Mel I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I got so use to eatting anything and everything these past few months.. chips, lots of BAD food. But it seemed it was the only things I had an appitite for. Seems I took the morning sickness all day. I'm trying to get my weight evened out and get back on 3 square meals a day. So good luck to you and if you find any helpful links or diet info for us pregos send it my way.
As for me, I'm doing great! I did do the 3 square meals today. I had one sugary snack I could have passed but it was just to good. I spent most all of the day outside with my kids. We painted pet rocks and got on the ATV for a nice ride with Dh. Oh And I got them both enrolled in a 6 wk summer school program. They are gonna love it. Its for ages 2-4 and had so many great lessons. Oh I am home schooling, did I say that? So its gonna be great.
Well Girls I'll be to busy to post over the weekend. We are having 3 day church gathering this weekend (i'm so tickled about going to!) So I'll be super busy. Hope you all have a great OP weekend.
See you all on Monday!!

ECmom
06-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Hi!
Gee,it was great to come online and see two posts.......with spring/summer activities it can be tough to get online at times.

Spryng-I hope that I do not sound like too much of a vicious nag to you!!!! Just from reading my last post I realized that I must sound like such a crabola~ please forgive me for that!!! I do care, and I guess in caring I get a bit too outspoken with my opinions. Sounds like you had a busy day too. Did you get any rest in? Glad that Dh is feeling better, his recovery time seems so much shorter than it was originally expected and that is great news for everyone!!!!!! I'm glad that you are happy with the hospital set up. Although when labor sets in, I did not notice where I was too much.......but it sure is nice for after the baby is born. Gosh, little Tanner will be in your arms soon....what a wonderful thing!! BTW- is Dh trying to lose some weight (the Dr wanted him to, right?)

Michele- good for you getting those 3 squares in. I know it is tough to do, especially with kids who seem to snack all day long......and of course stay skinny! Your weekend sounds like fun, and I hope that is very enjoyable and relaxing. Hope that your tooth is better too!!!!!! As far as that goes, I have had root canal while in the 1rst trimester (I had no choice, it was infected)
and other dental work with nococaine. Gotta love that temporary filling stuff.....glad that it worked for you!!!

Hope that I was not too confusing before......I guess my final goal is somewhere around 25 more # to go- and I would love to have 10 of them off by the end of the summer. I actually bought a bathing suit the other day, and although I am far, far from slim, I was not totally disgusted with myself either. Guess all this walking is doing some good.:lol:

Tomorrow will be so busy. Dd is playing in the state quarterfinals (and hopefully the finals) in Albany- about 3 hours from here. And the other Dd has a soccer game late in the day- and it is supposed to rain............guess I'll drive to Albany for the first game and as much of the second as I can see before I head back to get Dd to the soccer field.:dizzy: Yes, I am nuts, but it is the state championship........ Dh will stay in Albany with the softball team in case they do go on and win- which would be awesome. They have made it to the semifinals the past 2 years- and not won.
Well, I'd better go!!! Have a great weekend.
ginny

Freckles
06-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Oh my!---------- I didn't realize that I didn't post in quite a few days! :rolleyes: I have to admit, I have been lurking here, just no time to post. Now that I've decided to post, I didn't know that I was that far behind. Hmmnn....lets see, where do I begin? I guess I'll start with Spryng: It won't be long & the baby will be here! I'm glad that you decided to back off on all the home remedies to induce the birthing process. I'm also glad to hear that Joe is recovering so nicely! As for picking up your friend so close to the baby's due date: I'd suggest to her to get a rental. Ginny: Your swimsuit story has given me incentive to keep on going. You are really on a roll & it's getting contagious!! (At least I hope so!) I DID show a loss this week at my WW W-I. ( A whole 0.5#) I guess it's better than a gain, isn't it? DD & I will be starting an exercise program together starting next Tues. afternoon. (Last day of school with a dismissal time of: 10:30 a.m.) We are planning to hit some bike trails, get some walking in & also may try an exercise video. Wish us luck!! Now-back to you: You are one busy woman, aren't you? I hope that your dd's team makes it all the way this year. Misty: Wow! Your pregnancy is really moving along & it won't be long & the baby will be here. I'm glad to hear that the nursery is moving along so nicely. I'm also glad to hear that you are working so hard on getting in 3 sq. meals p/day. It's so important for you & the baby to eat healthy. (It makes the post-partom go a lot smoother too.) Also, I'm glad to hear that you are spending time with the little ones outside. This means so much to them! When did you start homeschooling them? I didn't know that you were doing this. Do you plan to homeschool year round, or are you taking the summer off? Mel: I hope that your allergies have subsided at least a little bit for you. It really takes a toll on a pregnant woman, doesn't it"? I hope that the PG time is passing quickly for you too!
Well gals, dh is waking up & will soon catch me on the 'puter, so I'd better get going. Have a great weekend, everyone!

ECmom
06-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi!
Well, I never thought I would get online today.........but I had to send something to my Dm, and while she is yacking I thought I would show up here and say hello.

Jackie!!!!:) Gee, I'm glad that you stopped in to say hello. We missed you a ton........I think everyone was getting sick of me:lol:
Congrats on the 0.5#!!!!! Take it and run...as long as the scale goes down then things are going well. Between water weight- salt in foods and all the stress that you have been under, I think a 0.5# loss is awesome. Hey, I celebrated a big;) 0.4# loss this week, so ya beat me! Let me fill you in on the bathing suit- don't get too excited.......it is a Lands End tankini- and actually has a super light weight pair of shorts over a suit- but honestly, it does not look too bad. And as far as I am concerned, after 3 kiddies and as chunky as I have been, well I am just glad that it looks presentable. It has been a good 15 years since I really thought I'd look good in a bathing suit. So, how are you doing? What is new with FIL and your family? The big countdown to the end of school, eh? Did your WW meeting mention the new excercise videos/DVD's? They have 3 levels of activities (one per video/DVD) with precalculated activity points. Nice for a bear of little brain, such as myself. I'm tempted to get the high level one, maybe in a week or so. Welcome back, anyway!!!!:D

Well, thanks to some really crummy weather only half the softball games were played today. Dd got her 1rst game in- they won 3 to 1. So the very worst her team can do now is come in in 2nd place in the state. She set a new state record today for strikeouts in a state championship game at 19. (she sure does not get her talent or competetive spirit from her mother, that is for sure!!!!) I am awfully happy for her. They play the finals tomorrow morning-against a pretty tough team.
I did give myself credit for walking a mile today........the parking lot was far from the fields and I had to go back several times to the car for stuff.:o Is that cheating???????
Gotta go- enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Ginny

mel17
06-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Hello ladies!

Jackie, it's great to hear from you!! Congratulation's to you for your .5 loss, hey, any loss is a good one! Remeber I was a weight watcher, so I'm right there with you ladies! And I'll be back on the wagon in 3 short months!!!

Ginny, congratulations to you too, keep it up. and you'll be needing another swim suit (a bikini)! :D Oh, I have to tell ya, I just ordered me a new swim suit! Yes, I've finally out grown mine, and I'm going to need one when I go to my moms in a few weeks, for my baby shower. She has a hot tub, and my DR says it's ok as long as we turn down the temp. and it sure feels good after riding for 6 or 7 hours!

Spryng, where are you, I wonder if the baby has come when we don't hear from you after a day or so!?! I hope everything is alright!!

Things are good here, just tired as usual. The puppies are growing and keeping me busy, but only for a couple more weeks and then they'll go outside. I go back to my DR on Tuesday this week, and I'm anxious about that, plus I'm praying she'll go ahead and bump me to twice a month!?! Only 11 more weeks, if I make it that far!?! I still have some worries about preterm labor, because I went in at 34 weeks with my Ds, but so far so good!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

spryng
06-08-2003, 12:23 PM
No Mel no baby yet! :) Just been sitting around. Actuallu that is not true. Yesterday I busted my butt deep cleaning my kitchen/laundry area. It looks so much better. I always keep it clean but clutter was starting to build up on top of cabinets and the microwave and things like that. So I cleaned and cleaned and organized and it looks 10,000 x's better. Today I want to attack my bedroom. But we'll see. I guess I finally got some good nesting instincts in yesterday. Hopefully they last through today too.
Well I am 38 weeks as of tomorrow. Will this coming week be THE week for me?? that's all I have been thinking about this morning. Please send labor vibes my way... I am so ready.
SO other than cleaning and relaxing I haven't been doing much. But don't worry Mel, I won't run off without saying something first on this thread!! I'll try really hard to at least let everyone know I'm off to the hospital.
Ok, well I am starving so I'm going to find something for breakfast. Talk to you all later!!

mel17
06-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Morning,

Spryng, I'm glad that you're nesting finally set in, it must be getting about time!?! I'm so excited for you, but remember to stop during all of this cleaning, and put your feet up for a little bit every now and then! So are your bags packed and in the car?? I'll be thinking about you, and sending some good vibes your way! Oh BTW , I saw a midwife on Discovery Health do something called stripping the membranes, to help get labor started. If nothing happens by your next appt. maybe you could ask about that??? Good Luck!:bb:

As for me, I'm gonna try to do some cleaning in between naps, but I've been pretty tired lately. My Dh has really been great, and is trying to help with everything, but it's hard to do everyday cleaning with two 12 yo. boys in the house. Our Dn is only here for another week and then he's going back to La. and in 3 weeks I'll be in La. for my baby shower, I can't wait!!!! For now, I've been going sit in the nursery and look at all of the things we've already bought. :cloud9: Oh did I tell y'all Dh bought me a glider/rocker and ottoman for the nursery!!!

Well, Dh is calling, I'll check back later!

spryng
06-08-2003, 03:58 PM
I already asked my midwife about stripping my membranes and she said she only does it if I am dialating and effacing and labor doesn't look far off. So she hasn't done it yet. Maybe wednesday??? (please?) With my son I had it done at my 40 week checkup and went into labor the next day, so I know it works. But only if you are already progressing. Oh and no my bags are not in the car. The baby's bags are completely ready to go and mine is half way there. I still use most of my things so I won't be able to pack them until the last moment. But I know where they are all at so it won't take very long. But I feel completely prepared.
Well, Dh deep cleaned the living room for me today and I did some work in our room. It's looking alot better but still not done but I am so tired today so that is all I will probably do for now. Maybe tomorrow I'll get hit with another nesting spurt.
Well, I'm off for a nap. Talk to you all soon!!

K2BMe
06-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Aww Spryng, I believe it wont be long for you. Seems once the nesting hits thats it. You'll be holding Tanner soon. I just know it. Not to be to nosey but are you feeding on the breast or on the bottle. I'm a supporter of the breast so just to but my lil 2cents in... it burns 1500 calories a day! But I realize its just not for some women.
Same question for you Mel^? If you girls don't mind. We seem to talk about everthing else so I hope it's ok I ask.
Jackie!!! So glad you can stop in and WTG on that .5# your losing streak will hit darlin, you just wait and with dd and the exercise program... you can lose!!! I've been homeschooling since oldest Dh turned 3 and I sorda teach year round. 6 week program in the summer and then back on schedule in Aug.
Ginny I don't think that walking was cheating. And really we are so proud of you. You enjoy that swimsuit and feel great wearing it. You totally deserve to have a nice esteem booster. You have worked so hard.

Oh dear girls I am about to come undone at the seams lol (literally) my eating 3 meals fell thru this weekend. With all the goings on at church I found myself just trying to get a bite when I had a break and it was usually a bag of chips and soda! :( soda is my enemy. But the weekend was fantastic. Our lil church was so filled with the spirit and love I felt like I could have just burst. It was a great time. NoW I have to face this week which my Dh has informed me we have company coming over for the weekend. Alot of company. I'd list them all but I'd be here all night... it boils down to our aunt and uncle and 3 of their children with spouses (who are mine and dh's age) and their children! YIKES!!! All staying in our house. When should I panic? Oh please keep me in your prayers. And with all this construction going on and the farming.. o'my. Dh is really stressed about it. And the aunt is an out of this world cook. I get so frightened when I have to cook for her... and I'm on for 6 meals. Her plates come out of the kitchen looking like a 5 star diners. Absolute perfection. Can you imagine it? Here's me with 2 toddlers and a baby on the way. Peanut butter and jelly anyone? :lol: I'm covered for Satuarday night tho because we are having a hog roast for the church that night. After that its all me. So also I may not be able to get back around to posting till next week sometime. So you all know and don't worry. And I have a check up with my ob tomorrow. YaY! I love geting to hear that lil heartbeat. Maybe if I get a sec I'll post and let you know how that one goes. Well I really need to get in the bed. Nighters :)

ECmom
06-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Good morning!!!!!!:)
Gee, it feels like forever since I have been able to post.......life is just beginning to return to normal- or so I think!;)

Michele- I agree with you on the breast feeding........although I know it is not for everyone. I nursed all 3 of my monsters, and would not have missed that for the world. I am curious to see everyone's responses, and I do know that it takes a ton of support from Dh - and lots of encouragement and is a very personal decision. Relax with all that company this weekend!!!!
Try not to compete with the aunt who cooks like Emeril~ keep it simple (you do have young children and are pregnant, my dear!)- make some standbys- things that you do well and that are easy.
In your current condition- gourmet cooking is out of the question- especially with a lot of kids present- and you do want to enjoy this company, right?? Stay basic, and try to relax. I'll pray for you! The church social sounded like so much fun.......there is nothing like that kind of fellowship! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Spryng- nesting instincts, eh?????;) And that sweet Dh, with all he has been thru, cleaned your living room? Sounds like labor can't be far off to me! I wish some of that cleaning instinct would rub off on me.......... BTW- happy 38 weeks!!!! I can't believe that this pregnancy has gone so quickly!

Melissa- I must tell you that cleaning with 2, 12 year old boys is mutually exclusive......does not work........does not compute........and is virtually impossible!!:lol: Just keep up with the boulders......you know take a bull dozer to a major avalanche- but save the detailed cleaning until Dn returns home. Try to enjoy his visit while he is with you. Enjoy your new ottoman/rocker too! What a happy time this is for you, Michele and Spryng.

As for me, I somehow managed to get some walks in this weekend- 2 miles Sunday, 4 yesterday and 3 today. We ate out a lot this weekend at the tournament, and I am retaining a lot of water. (PMS is setting in, see what all you preggers are missing!!!:dizzy: ) So tomorrows WI is a mystery to me.........I have no idea how I rared, except that I am retaining a lot of water.
Nuff about that!! I have a state champion living in my house!!!!
Sunday, Dd and her HS softball team won the championship for her school size. What a day.......and I am so happy for her. They won 3-0, the other team had never seen a pitcher like her before- she throws hard, somewhere around 60-65 mph and has 4 different pitches (rise, drop, changeup and fastball). Sorry for bragging, but she was totally dominant........what an exciting day for her. Now the rest of us mere mortals return to normal life, whatever that is!!!!! (BTW, she gets none of her talent from me, Dh was the softball/baseball player- and a very good one in his own time).
Well ladies gotta go bulldoze some boulders!!!! (messy house syndrome) Have a great day!!!!!
Ginny

mel17
06-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Well hello ladies!

I'm back, today was my 28 week OB appt. and it wasn't to great!?! I found that I have a bad bladder infection, and a bacterial infection (DR said from all of those PG hormones?) and then I had to go have that Glucose test, but I don't have those results yet? Anyway, I guess I now know why I was starting to have more and more contraction. But my Dd is doing fine, and is very active (she made the DR chase her to hear her heart beat!).

Ginny, CONGRATULATIONS to your Dd!!!! And to you WTG for getting in all of that walking, and guess what? You'd be so proud, for the last 3 or 4 days I've been walking around our property and I must admit, it has done wonders for those awful leg cramps!!! Anyway, I'm glad that things are slowing down for you, now you need to pamper yourself a bit!

Misty, I can't wait to hear how your OB visit went!?! And I agree with Ginny, enjoy your company and don't put to much stress on the cooking, just do what's quick and easy!

Spryng, are you still hanging in there???

Well, it's nap time for me, have a good evening ladies!

mel17
06-10-2003, 11:28 PM
It's me again!

Misty, I forgot to mention that I will be breast feeding, and I also nursed my Ds. I think that it's a beautiful, and natural thing!

I'll be back tomorrow, I'm going to try to turn in early for a change!

G'nite!

spryng
06-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Hello all!
Sorry I have been MIA again. We have no internet at home right now. Just couldn't swing the bill this month with DH not able to work. So I am posting from my MIL's house. (funfun)
Anyway, I had my 38 week appointment today and I am STILL 1 cm and 50% effaced. No change at all. Sucks. But the good news is my next appointment is scheduled for this tuesday and my midwife said if I haven't had him by then that they will schedule me an induction this coming week!! I think that will be best. Since the hospital is over an hour away and I need to make plans for my MIL to watch the kids and all that scheduling it will work out better for everyone. I know the contractions are harder with an induction but I've done it twice before so I know I can do it again. I'm actually excited to know there is an end in sight. Of course she said I still may go on my own... but she doesn't think I will before 40 weeks and he is getting bigger and bigger by the hour.
So don't think I am ignoring you ladies for awhile. I don't know how often I will post here right now since I don't have internet and try not to come here very often. :( But I'll definitely post next tuesday and let you all know when the induction is scheduled. OK?
Boy I am going to miss you ladies. The past three days without internet has almost killed me. I didn't realize how much I used it until I couldn't anymore.
Well, chat with you all later!! if you really get to worrying about me you can always call... 620-223-3270 I wouldn't mind at all! lol
Talk to you all as soon as I can.

ECmom
06-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Good evening!!!!
Just a quick hello, I am so pooped..................

Melissa - oh, you poor thing! A crummy bladder infection. Yes, hormones can sure bring one on- throwing all your normal body pH out of whack and voila! an infection. Hope that you feel better soon- try not to do too much- at least until the meds kick in. Warm baths can be soothing- just do not use bubble bath.
Good for you getting some walking in too! Feel better- and I hope that the glucose tolerance came out normal.

Spryng- Didn't you know that I am dangerous with phone numbers? ;) Ok ,I have been known to call from time to time......especially individuals who are not always as diligent as they could be at taking thier meds...........I could surprise you.........:) I guess it is good news about Tanner- at least the end is in sight. Ds was induced- yes labor is a bit more intense- but at least you know when it will be. And in your predicament, that sounds like a good idea. We will miss you too!!!!! Post when you can.....even if it is just a short hello.

Got to my WI today, and I gained 0.6- which was all the demim dress I was wearing........I figured that out- as I wore the new dress that I got for $5 last week- and the WW helper noticed that it was heavy demim- but this week it fits great (last week it was tight)! So, long story short- I weighed at home with the new dress, and then what I wore last week to WI and I lost a bit. That with the water weight I have and I am not upset at all. The scale will be down next week for sure. (gosh- am I obsessive or what?:lol: )
Jackie, Karen and Michele- we miss you!!!!!!! Stop in and say hello.
Gotta go- see ya tomorrow.

Freckles
06-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Hello!

(How's that, Ginny?) :lol: Did you call Spryng yet? It's sure going to be strange not seeing her post regularly here. I guess I'll have to drop her an "Old Fashioned" line myself too! Thee Olde "Tele" line! I'm still pretty good at that too! ;) If it wouldn't be so late in the p.m. I'd probably drop her a line! Oh! By the way... my congratulations goes out to your dd's team & her awesome pitching! Oh my!! With such a strong pitch, this must mean that she's pretty strong. I sure wouldn't wan't to be around her when it's her TOM! :D Also-my congrats goes out to you for all the walking you were able to fit into your schedule. Question for you: Are you off of work for the summer? I'm sure you're done or quite close to the end with the Yellow Submarine, so what's planned for the summer? My DS just left this a.m. on a Charter Bus headed to Washington D.C. & won't be back 'til next Tuesday night. They're driving straight thru the night & will arrive in Breezewood, PA @ 5:00 a.m. for a quick clean-up, followed by an early breakfast. This is his first trip away from home without me & they won't even let the kids call home or receive calls. But then they don't know me too well & I'm bound & determined to call the Hotel & try his room! To top things off-dd is at a friends house at a sleep-over tonight & dh is out of town, so this is rather strange for me to have the house to myself for the entire night. "Shania" and I have been getting a lot of housework done with her "UP" CD! :dance: (FYI-I also got an hour nap in after I was feeling rather relaxed after having a hard lemonade.) So...this is my next break time. Now-as for me staying OP-besides the HL, I've been doing quite well! And for the BEST news.....I WENT TO THE YMCA YESTERDAY!! This was my first time there since January of "02" I did a 20 min. aerobic workout, followed by a full circuit of weight training. And did it feel good!!
Well ladies, my break is over & I will try & "Edit" later this eve. so that I can reply to the rest of you. TTFN!

mel17
06-12-2003, 01:11 AM
Good evening ladies!

It's so... great to see some posts!!!

Spryng, how exciting for you, the finale is near! But oh dear, an induction is so rough, I had one with Ds and was in hard labor for 16 hours, and finally I ended up having a c-section because I wouldn't dilate past 8cm. Ds was a big baby and just wouldn't cooperate!?! Good luck, and enjoy your last week of pregnancy!!!

Ginny, congratulations on getting that dress to fit better already! You're doing so great!!! As for my bladder infection, I guess it has to get worse before it gets better, but I'm doing everything I can to help. I've had about 100 oz. of water today, and I've been getting plenty of rest. Last night was rough, due to some pretty bad contrations, but a nice bath helped that! Today, has been better in that sense, but I sure have been running back and fourth to the bathroom.

Jackie, sounds like you and me would get along good, I love Shania, and cleaning to a good beat!!! We've sure been missing you, and hope you make it in more now that thing are slowing down. Great that you got a nice nap in too, they sure do wonders!

Well, I'm about to go turn in for the night.

TTFN!

ECmom
06-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Good morning!
Great to see some posts..........:)

Jackie- good for you getting back to the Y! Gosh, has it really been that long since you have last been there????? Good job staying OP with your eating (have a hard lemonade for me, ok?? I could use something like that right now!;) )- I am sure it will show up at your next WI. Does it seem odd without Ds around? I know when my Ds had a similar trip it was sure quiet........we missed him but were happy for him too. Hope that he has a great time.

Melissa- sorry that you are not feeling better yet. Have you tried the cranberry juice thing? (best to drink a glass b4 going to bed- so that it keeps the pH in your system low and inhibits bacteria growth). Sorry about those contractions too.......guess that they just go along with the territory. I'll never forget once when I was asking by OB about the awful heartburn I used to get while pg (so bad I would wake up from a deep sleep.......) and his serene response was "oh, it will go away in June........." (Dd's due date was the end of May:lol: ). Well I was ready to strangle him.... just take it easy and try not to overdo things. That might help with the contractions.

As for me..........well yes I am still driving my big yellow submarine.
The last official day is June 24- and next week my schedule will be really staggered due to Regents exams and some half days.
I will be glad when it is over.........but not so sure that life with Dd will be all that pleasant.........we were better off when she was busy in school all day........
Tough day of eating yesterday- but I have gotten those walks in.
Gotta scoot and get some work done. Have a great day!
Ginny

mel17
06-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Morning~

Ginny, I'm glad that your summer vacation is in sight, and hope the best for some quality time with you and Dd! :) Great job getting in all of that walking, I wish I could do it! I haven't walked outside in a few days because Dh is spreading poison to get rid of our Hornet problem. I'm dealing with the leg cramps again because I'm not moving enough. I got my blood work back yesterday~ my glucose test came back fine, but my blood work showed that I'm very anemic, so they called me in an Iron supplement too. My bladder infection is still tagging along, but getting a little better day by day.

Well, I better get busy, I'm trying to get our luandry done, and pack up Dn things too. My BIL is coming up today to get Dn, so things will quiet down after this weekend.

Everyone have a great day!

BTW~ has anyone check in with Spryng yet?

spryng
06-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Good evening all!!
I have internet again!!! I am soooo happy right now!! My MIL decided she would get it turned back on for us since I am so lost without it. It was so sweet of her. So now you won't have to miss me... here I am. :) :) :) :)
Ginny let me start by thanking you so much for the phone call. It's so great to have friends like you. Never in a million years would I have thought I would develop friendships online like I have here... it's just amazing. You are so great. And congrats on your loss this week!! See, it won't be long now and I'll be reporting a weight loss too!! I can't wait! :)
Well, I would post more but it's late here already and I have been swimming all day and boy did it feels great on my very pregnant frame but I am so sleepy from it now. So I'm calling it a night. But thank you all for thinking about me. It means so much that you all care.
Talk to you tomorrow!
G'nite.

ECmom
06-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Good morning!!!!
Happy Father's Day!!!!!! (hey, they could not be fathers without us, right?;) )

Spryng, gee, can I borrow your MIL? How sweet of her to get your internet back......... and I'm happy to see that you will be "regular" with us again! All that swimming sounds nice.....relaxing....and probably so comforting on your pregnant body. Glad that you were able to enjoy it! I hear ya loud and clear with the quality of friends that we have made at this thread.
For me the most touching moment was a panic post left by Jackie a few hours after the 9/11 attacks to the WTC- (we are not all that far from NYC- but separated by some mountains so my area is still pretty rural)- but in my former position I commuted in one day a week to within 30 miles of NYC. I honestly cried upon reading Jackie's post- just wondering if Dh, the kids and I were ok... I too was a bit taken back that anyone I had met thru the internet would care that much. And everyone else (with the exception of one person who thankfully has not posted in probably a year and I do not miss a bit!) has also proved to be as caring and supportive. Glad that I was able to brighten your day.....and bring a smile to your face!:)

Melissa- sorry that you are so plagued by leg cramps and that crummy bladder infection!!! Yuck........I hope that you can get a little bit of walking in- it might make both feel a bit better. Would you use a walking tape (VCR/or DVD?). The Leslie Sansone tape I have can all be done very low impact.....for that matter- WW now has tapes- you could use the low impact- low intensity level one for now until the baby is born, I am sure. I dunno, just an idea. Has your house quieted down now with Dn back home?

Well, I guess I had better go- I have some stuff in the oven and I should get showered for church. Nothing special today planned- Dh and Dd are at her softball tournament (this is a travel ball league.......and Dh is an assistant coach so there go the weekends!) Guess I should not squack.......she is staying out of trouble with all this softball. I did get a nice hour walk in this am after they left- Dd and Ds are still sleeping.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!
Ginny

spryng
06-16-2003, 12:33 AM
Good evening all!!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Today was another good one for me. We went to the in law's house for more swimming and BBQ and had a blast. And yes Ginny the water is so soothing on my body. The best part is I can float on my stomach, I haven't been able to lay on my stomach for quite some time so it feels so good to be able to do it in the water. So yes, swimming has been heaven for me and we'll probably do some more tomorrow. :)
Mel I hope you get to feeling better soon. What kind of leg cramps are you having? I have sciatic problems in my buttocks and legs during pregnancy and lately they are getting worse... but the end is in site!!
Misty, I think I remember you asking if I was going to breastfeed?? No, I'm not. Not because I don't think it's the best though. I breastfed my first for 5 days. But she was only 5 lbs 2 oz at full term and was so tiny that she couldn't latch on and by the time she did she would be so tired that she fell asleep. She lost weight pretty fast. In fact the day we came home from the hospital she was only 4 lbs 11 oz. So we were worried about her weight so I tired pumping but my pump broke and we put her on formula. It was a terrible moment for me. She took the bottle though and guzzled down the formula but I felt like a failure. I went into a deep post partum depression and never want to feel that way again. But she thrived on formula and I'm happy about that. When my son was born 11 months later I was so afraid to try breastfeeding again even though he was much bigger (8 lbs 8oz) so we just put him on formula right away and he took to it fantastic. So this time I just plan on formula feeding. It's what I know and I know my kids do well with it. But I think highly of the women who can breast feed. It is best. :) How are you feeling lately? Can you tell me your due date again?? I forget alot now a days lol.
Well ladies, I need to hit the sack. I'll be 39 weeks along tomorrow!! This is the week for me!!! Can't wait until tuesday to find out when I'll be induced. But you can still send me labor vibes because I would love to go on my own if it's possible! Talk to you all soon!!

mel17
06-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Good evening!

Spryng, I'm so... excited for you! It's just a matter of days until sweet Tanner is in your arms, I'll bet you all set huh!?! I'll still be hoping for you to go into labor on your own, Good luck and let us know when it's time. As for your choice in feeding, I think it all depends on the person. There's nothing wrong with bottle feeding, as a matter of fact, I only breast fed Ds for 2 weeks because all of a sudden he wouldn't take it anymore, and I gave up. I'm determined to make it work this time, but I know exactly what you mean about feel like a failure. I went through those emotions and am covinced that I can do it this time. I even went to a greast feeding class in La. last month and have been doing lots of reading on techniqes too. I'll also have a good friend here with me when the baby is born, and she just finished nursing, so she'll be a great help too!

As for my health, I'm hanging in there but it's hard to tell if my bladder infection is getting better, because of all the other pregnancy related symptoms! I'm good though, I started my iron supplement for my anemia and I'm think it's getting into my system, so maybe I'll get my energy back soon, so I can get this place cleaned and ready for our bundle of joy!!!

It's about time to get settled in for the night, have a good night!

spryng
06-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Wow Mel! I just looked at your signature and you are about to start your countdown!! How exciting!
I'm doing really good today. I have lots of pent up energy for some reason. Probably because I am so excited about my appointment tomorrow. Yes I have everything ready for my little Tanner now. I boiled the rest of the nipples and such this evening and put all the bottles, liners, etc away in the cabinet. It won't be long until I will be making bottles and getting to feed my sweet baby. But I am like you Mel, I'm still praying I go into labor on my own before whatever date I get for the induction. I think I may attack my DH tonight to see if that helps any lol. I know... TMI!! But I will definitely update everyone tomorrow after I get home... whenever that will be. My appointment is at 10:45 am but we take the kids to my in'laws house to be watched and usually after my appointments we stay the day and eat dinner there. Plus now that their pool is all set up we have been swimming alot over there. So we may do that too tomorrow. But I promise I will post something tomorrow.
I am so excited. I was sitting outside today watching my kids swim in their little pool and shooting daddy with some water guns and I just felt so sentimental. Maybe it's the hormones. I am just looking forward to adding one more to our family. I can't believe I am already 39 weeks along and the end is near. I remember complaining about how slow the pregnancy was going, etc. And here I am in my last few days. I am so going to miss this feeling. This pregnancy has been really good and I love feeling the baby move inside of me. Since this is to be our last I'll never get these feelings again... just memories. It's so bitter sweet. But I am ready for Tanner to be here in my arms and getting my old body back. In just a couple of weeks I will be joining you ladies again on the weight loss band wagon :) That excites me too! I can't wait to wear my old clothes again.
Ok, I guess I am going on and on. I hope I can sleep tonight. I'm just so anxious for tomorrow. If I'm this bad right now I'm really going to be a mess the night before the induction!! lol.
Ok, I'm getting off here. I think I will read some to relax me and maybe take a warm bath. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!! xoxo

spryng
06-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Good evening all!
Where is everyone today?

Ok, well here is how my 39 week appointment went. I was suppose to get an induction date... as you all know. Well, I didn't. My midwife said the birthing center is FULL. No birthing rooms, no post partum rooms, nothing. If I went into labor today or tonight I'd probably get a regular patient room without all the amenities of a birthing room... which I don't want. So she said I can come back thursday and we'll see how it is then. But I did ask her to strip my membranes and she said she would just not today because she didn't want to put me in labor tonight for the above reason. I agreed. So she said she will strip them this thursday at my appointment. So that's only a day and a half away. I guess I can be patient a little longer. I did make progress this week though!! I am now 2 cm and 75% effaced!! I was shocked to hear that. I've been at 1 cm and 50% for three weeks now so I didn't expect much change. So I may be going into labor on my own soon anyway... and she thinks so too. (just not tonight hopefully) So anyway... that was my appointment in a nutshell.
Today I have been feeling really tired and a little off. I hope I'm not coming down with anything. That's all I need right now. So I guess I am calling it a night. I hope you all are doing well and I hope to see some posts soon... it's so quiet here. :)
Talk to you all tomorrow.
G'nite

ECmom
06-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi!
Yes I am still alive....stressed out but doing ok. Just been really busy- that is all and all this softball stuff- finals for the kids and I am driving double these days (final/regents week for the high school)....ah, life will calm down a bit next week. But then all my kiddies are home.........2 hormonal teens........:dizzy: :lol: who am I kidding????

Spryng- keep us informed with how you are doing......congrats on progressing a bit- and it sure sounds as though you could go in any time now. As far as your feeling funny- tired and off. Well, I would not be surprised if Tanner was ready to make a personal appearance! I hear ya with enjoying the last pg (as if that is possible). I wish I could just have one more- but with as insane as my life is and the ages of my kiddies and my own age, well, it sure would be silly.

Melissa- sorry that you are not feeling better...... and I hope that you get your energy back soon. But then you are in the 3rd trimester.......being pooped sort of goes with that. If you need any help with breastfeeding- my 3 were all different eaters.......and Dd was a real challenge at first- because she was in ICU for a week before I was able to nurse, she became used to a bottle......and I had to wean her off that. What a pain that was! Anyway, I would love to be of a source of encouragement to you, if you need it.

Well, I gotta go. I am going to get a short walk in today- and got a short one in yesterday. Did some stress eating yesterday- that is a long story:( - Dh was in rare form........can't wait till this softball stuff is over!!!!! But tonite I am getting my hair done- getting away from all these loonies who live in my house!!!! And I will not miss them a bit for the 2 hours I am gone!!!!!:D
Have a great day.
Ginny

K2BMe
06-18-2003, 03:10 PM
:( still trying to recover from all the company I had. I'm drowning in laundry and housework with absolutly NO energy to do any of it. Then to add to it Dh ran off up north to take care of his mommy 4 hrs away. Sooooo I'm just pooped. I'll try to post more later and be a bit more cheerful. Sorry girls. I'm sure you all understand tho.
Spryng your in my thoughts and prayers hun :)

mel17
06-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Good evening,

Spryng, congratulations on progressing and I'll keep hoping for you to do it with out being induced! Either way, it won't be long now!!!

Ginny, You are so... right! I know that what I'm feeling is mostly symptoms of late pregnancy, so I'll just deal with it. Anyway, thanks for your offer to help with any breast feeding woe's, I'll gladly take any helpful hint's and may even have some questions for you later. I hope things calm down for you soon, until then WTG getting in those walks! Remember to take care of yourself, we don't want you getting sick!

Misty, I hope you're getting in some rest, I'm sure it's hard with little ones at home, but you have another little one to care for too! We're here for you!

As for me, I'm feeling a little better today and I think my bladder infection is well on the way to getting better! As for the anemia, it's hard to tell, due to the normal fatigue at this point. I'm doing fine though, and I'm not having those rough contractions like I was last week, so things are much improved! Now we're getting ready to wean the puppies and put them out, and I have to get ready to make my trip to La. next week. YEAH, finally, my baby shower is almost here!!! I can't wait to see what great, Cute things we get!!!

Oh well, I better go, have a good night!

spryng
06-18-2003, 11:14 PM
Good evening all!
Mel I am glad you are feeling better and that nasty bladder infection is clearing up. They are the worst.
My day has been typical I guess. I cleaned the kitchen some and really scrubbed the bathroom. Heather is flying in tonight (my Dh is already on his way to get her in Kansas City) They'll be home around midnight. So I need to get her bed made up and such before I hit the sack. I'm excited and not excited about my appointment tomorrow. I hope the stripping works. I'm really ready for this to happen. But at the same time I'm afraid isn't going to work and I'll be pregnant for many more days. I know I know... it's only a few more DAYS, but it feels like years anymore. So lets hope and pray the stripping of my membranes works. It worked with my 2nd pregnancy so why not this one huh?? But I'll try to post sometime tomorrow and let you all know how it goes and what my midwife wants to do next... she may still want to induce me if the birthing center has calmed down some... but I won't know anything new until tomorrow.
Ok, well, I guess that is all I have for tonight. I'm feeling tired yet restless. I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights and my back is aching tonight and I still have a few more things to do before I get in bed so I need to get off here. Hope everyone has a great evening.
ginny how did your WI go?? I'm hoping the scale is continuing to go down for you. Can't wait to hear all about your meeting.
G'nite!

spryng
06-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Good afternoon all.
Well, I got back from my appointment. I've been stripped!! When we first got there my midwife was called away to the birthing center for a delivery so she had a nurse practitioner check me and strip my membranes. I knew as soon as she did it she didn't do it right. She was in "there" a whole two seconds and said she was done. Then my midwife called and when she told her what she did to me she said that she didn't strip me at all. Which I knew already. I was so upset. She also said that if I was still the same (2 cm and 75% effaced) from two days ago then it wasn't going to work anyway. Just bad news on bad news. I left crying my eyes out. This was my last attempt at a natural labor and the nurse messed it up! My dh felt so bad for me. We went to mcdonalds to grab some breakfast and after we did I decided to go back and see if my midwife was back yet and if she would do it right. Well she was more than happy to. Infact it was good she did because she gave me good news. I didn't have any membranes to strip and she said that was a good sign labor was right around the corner and I'm almost 3 cm now and very very soft, labor soft she said. So when she said she didn't think the stripping would work she said it probably will and I'll probably have him on my own by this weekend!!!! I'm so happy now! But if not my induction is scheduled for tuesday at 6:30 am. So either way I am getting really close. Come on contractions!!!! So at first it was a bad appointment that turned into a great one. And the stripping did hurt a little and she said she really did it good... so I trust her and know it won't be long now. Please send labor vibes my way!!!

mel17
06-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Hello,

Spryng, I'm glad that your appt. ended up on a happy note! So, tomorrow may be the day!?! I'm so excited, oh, and my friend I mentioned may also be going in tomorrow too!!! She was also 3cm today, and she's have some contractions, so her DR. wants her to come back tomorrow if she is still contracting, and if she's at 4cm. she's going in!!! So, maybe it'll be contagious and you'll go too!!! I can't wait to hear from you to see what's happening!?! Good luck, and we'll be thinking of you!!!

I've had a good day, not getting much house work done, but getting some rest anyway. I hope all is well, it's sure been quiet here.

G'nite

spryng
06-19-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm losing my plug!!!! I'm so excited. Maybe tomorrow will be "D Day!!" Just thought I would share. I'm not having any real contractions yet but progress is progress.
I'm glad you are getting some rest Mel. It's important. Housework is kind... it won't go anywhere in the meantime :) And there is always tomorrow.
Well, I'm so tired. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Maybe I'll have good news, like I am going to have a BABY!!
G'nite

K2BMe
06-20-2003, 12:54 AM
YaY Spryng! Wow you must feel so excited. I can't even imagine what I will feel like when my time finally gets here. Aww Its so great for you. Will you post pictures of Tanner? Some ppl are kinda funny about that stuff. I'd love to see him tho.

Mel glad you are feeling better. Geesh just think you'll be next :)

How ya doing out there Ginny and Jackie????

As for me? Well my Dh finally made it home intime for the family and farm to fall apart. Poor guy:( He walked in and found me gettting sick in the trash can (TMI :LOL: ) and Dh2 running a fever of 103. Dh1 ony 4 running around fetching cold compresses for both of us. And well the farm was running loose. Horse, cattle and hogs (lions and tigers OH MY!). The power company came thru and left the gate open. It was a total melt down. He was great tho. He got Grace to the dr... strep. Pulled some friends together to round up the critters and left me with my trash can. It was so weird. I felt great but could not stop throwing up. I ended up at the ob's this am and they gave me phenegran and she threatened to admit me if I didn't get rehydrated today. Well, I'm good. I took the med and slept all day. Dh woke me up every hr to have a glass of water. And now I feel great. I even got caught up on some housework this evening not the laundry tho. I still have to strip beds so I designated tomorrow as laundry day. So all is peaceful here on the farm again. I'm so glad.
Nighters Gals!
Oh hey just kinda wondering... How much weight are you preggers puttin on? I'm 147# today! I delivered my other 2 at 167#. I know I'll get there and maybe pass it with this one!

spryng
06-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Good morning all!
Wow, your house sounded like it was in turmoil last night Misty! I hope it is all back to normal and your little one getting better and you getting better too. How much weight have I put on? Well... I think it is 31 lbs all together now. I lost some weight this past week (which is another sign of labor in the future) so I think my total is 31. I'd have to look though to be 100% sure. My midwife has been very happy with my weight gain. Now I just hope I have no problems getting it off afterwards.
Well ladies... today I plan to walk my butt off. lol. Hopefully some contractions start today and we can have a baby. I think we are taking the kids to the park and having a picnic and then going to walk and walk and walk the park. Any suggestions on getting this baby out?? I was told to try jumping jacks. But that sounds painful to me :) My belly doesn't want to be swooshed up and down... too much pressure. But I'm open to suggestions. (NO CASTOR OIL) I learned my lesson there. lol.
Well, I'm off for the day. I'll chat with you all later. :)

K2BMe
06-20-2003, 07:45 PM
It won't be long Spryng. At this point all I can really suggest is try to relax. Hon in the next few days or today you will probably be exausting yourself trying to push this baby out. So relax. I exausted myself working in the garden the night before Dd1 arrived. It was awful. Pushing and all with my legs sore. But with Dd2 since it was planned induction I just rested and relaxed. Walking is def. good but don't over do it. You really don't wanna have achy muscles and try to deliver. In due time sweetheart. :) I know just what you wanted to hear.
I'm still trying to get thru my house. The laundry day fell thru. I needed the phenegran again today... the trash can is bcoming my new carry along :(. So I've pretty much slept all day.
Well I really need to scoot along. Have a great day!

spryng
06-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Good evening all!
Well I am still here. Walked ALL day long and nothing happened. Well I have been having more braxton hicks but nothing to get excited about and still losing my plug. Maybe tomorrow?? Tomorrow is the first day of summer. That would be a perfect day to have a baby. Don't you think? lol But anyway.. you are right Misty. I don't want to be worn out for the actual labor and delivery. So I think tomorrow I will take it easy. Just lounge around and maybe do some light house work. that's all. today about did me in.
Ok ladies... I guess I am off here and into the bed. Hope to give you all some good news tomorrow!! :)

Freckles
06-21-2003, 01:23 AM
Hi All!

I'm reading these posts & answering them with one eye open & one eye closed! I just stopped in to see if Spryng had Tanner yet! Hang in there hun, along with Mel & Misty too! Have I missed any other PG'd Moms out there? :dizzy: There's so many of you that it makes my head spin! Well gals, I'm exhausted-so I'll close for now. Until later, Tootles!!

mel17
06-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Hi,

I'm just checking in to see if Spryng is progressing yet??? Hope to hear something soon!!!

BTW~ my DF had her baby boy last night!!! All is well with them!!!

Oh well, it's still quiet here, I'll check back later.

K2BMe
06-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Just checking in like the rest of ya'ins. Glad to hear your gonna take it easy spryng!

spryng
06-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Nothing yet ladies!! lol Sorry! Still here and still very much so pregnant. I'm beginning to think he is going to make me wait until the induction. But there is always tomorrow right?? lol I took a good nap today and really haven't done anything. I swore I would take it easy. All my Dh's family is really pressuring me to get this baby out this weekend. I hate it. I almost bought ex-lax today to speed things up... but then I put the box down and decided "why?" he will be here by tuesday regardless so why make me miserable just to get him here a couple of days early?? It's not worth my discomfort. So instead we took the kids to the park and let them play, fed the ducks, and came home. I took a nice nap and then we had a simple dinner and watched a couple of movies and now I am online just relaxing. So how about that? I'm ok with him coming tuesday and of course I am ok with him coming tonight. But I'm not pushing it anymore. I'm just plain tired. You know??
But anyway, it's been a nice day and I am happy with that. I did get a load of dishes done and Heather helped clean the living room so my house isn't a total mess.
Ok, well, I guess I will get off here. Jackie how did your WI go?? Good I hope.
Ok ladies, I'm off now. talk to you all tomorrow!!

Freckles
06-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Spryng: FYI: My WI went great! I lost 4# since the previous week. (Unfortunately, TOM appeared & I'm up 5# again!) I sure hope by next week I have lost the 5#, plus some more. As for Tanner's Birthday-Don't forget that his due date is the same as my Wedding Anniversary, so 6/23 will be the day! :lol: Oh!, by the way.... I'll be married 19 years tomorrow. (To the same man, oh my!~!) Well, I better scoot & help get our pool ready for the summer seeing that this weekend is the official time when summer begins. TTFN

ECmom
06-22-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi!
Still alive here........just busy!!!!!
I'll stop in later and check out the posts. Spryng- good luck!!!!!!!:)
Ginny

spryng
06-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Good afternoon all!
Well it isn't a good afternoon for me. I am wallowing in my own pity party and it isn't a pretty sight.
My in laws are driving me nuts. They are so paranoid that I will go into labor and not make it to the hospital etc. and it wearing on me. They call constantly and tell me to just go to the hospital and get checked (I'm not in labor) and I tell them it would be a waste of a trip because they would just send me home and that would break my heart to be sent home with no baby in my arms... I refuse to go until I am contracting and such. Well she is so afraid that since I am taking blue cohosh and red raspberry leaf tea that I may be contracting and not know it and when I do finally realize it it will be too late to get to the hospital so she is pressuring me to drive the hour and 10 minutes and just hang out in joplin all day... I don't want to. I just want to stay home and relax. is that so much?? I think I will know when labor starts. I have done this twice before and believe me labor isn't something you mistake for gas or anything dumb like that. I know my body. But anyway... I feel so overwhelmed today that I just want to cry. I guess I need a nap. I have tried everything to have this baby a little early and nothing has worked. They act like I don't care about it but I do. But the fact is I will have him regardless by tuesday anyway... but they act like that is soooo inconvenient for them. Sorry!! It's not like I plan to have a baby everyday and need their help with my kids. I think they can work with me here.
I don't know... I'm probably not even making sense. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now. lol
Jackie congrats on your 4# loss!! That's fantastic!! Don't worry about your gain from TOM, I'm sure it's all water.
Well ladies... I guess I will lay down for a while and see if that helps my mood. talk to you all later!

K2BMe
06-22-2003, 04:08 PM
I started a new thread ladies :)