Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/177/155

Height: 5'10"

Default No loss for a week and a half

I'm in my 4th week and haven't had any loss by the scale in 10 days. I expected that that could happen down the road, but didn't think it would be this soon. Last week I had skipped some meals, but this week, I'm getting all 3 packets in every day. I did lose inches last week, I'm happy about that but was just wondering if anyone else had issues so early on with the scale getting "stuck"?
sheila79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila79 View Post
I'm in my 4th week and haven't had any loss by the scale in 10 days. I expected that that could happen down the road, but didn't think it would be this soon. Last week I had skipped some meals, but this week, I'm getting all 3 packets in every day. I did lose inches last week, I'm happy about that but was just wondering if anyone else had issues so early on with the scale getting "stuck"?
I would not worry. This happened to me on my third week also. I am now in my 4th month and have noticed this pattern : after every 2-3 weeks of weight loss, I have 1-2 weeks of no loss pounds, sometimes not even inches. I believe my body plays catch up from the sudden weight. I then have great inches lost and the week after great weight loss. My trainer tells me also (as I have continued to workout) that this is a good thing, even with bodybuilders).

Trust the process, weight loss is not linear. It averages out. Just stay OP during this time. IP does work and works well.
ginettepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

You did have a loss. You lost inches! Inches are everything!!!!!!! People can't tell what you weigh unless you tell them, but they can see what your measurements are. Plus two people of the same height and weight can look TOTALLY different. Inches are where it is at! I'm actually a bit cranky that the last few weeks I'm dropping more pounds than inches. I could care less about the pounds. Join me on the dark side!
GreatLakes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
I would not worry. This happened to me on my third week also. I am now in my 4th month and have noticed this pattern : after every 2-3 weeks of weight loss, I have 1-2 weeks of no loss pounds, sometimes not even inches. I believe my body plays catch up from the sudden weight. I then have great inches lost and the week after great weight loss. My trainer tells me also (as I have continued to workout) that this is a good thing, even with bodybuilders).

Trust the process, weight loss is not linear. It averages out. Just stay OP during this time. IP does work and works well.
Thank you! I'm staying OP and hoping for at least a pound this week. We will see The worst part was that the person filling in for my coach grilled me about cheating and what I must have done wrong after she weighed me, BUT before she measured. That's probably why I left feeling less than motivated...
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes86 View Post
You did have a loss. You lost inches! Inches are everything!!!!!!! People can't tell what you weigh unless you tell them, but they can see what your measurements are. Plus two people of the same height and weight can look TOTALLY different. Inches are where it is at! I'm actually a bit cranky that the last few weeks I'm dropping more pounds than inches. I could care less about the pounds. Join me on the dark side!
You are so right! I'm on board with you and headed for smaller pants regardless of what the scale says!!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila79 View Post
You are so right! I'm on board with you and headed for smaller pants regardless of what the scale says!!
Woo hoo! Now THAT's the kind of attitude adjustment I like to see!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote