South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thoughtful Thursday - April 11

Good morning. I'm the Early Bird this morning thanks to two darling furries who bashed the door open and came charging upstairs around 3:30. They were ready for potty and breakfast and I gave in to their enthusiasm and got up.

It's Trash Day and I have a bag that is not full so I am going to scurry around the house, making like Fly Lady, and see what I can pitch. I did fill a bag yesterday with outside stuff. I swear every newspaper in the Village ends up blown into my hedge.

Off to town later for a haircut and some garden-related shopping. I keep running out of K-Cups and need a stock of Paul. I'll also pop in to my favourite garden centre to see what's happening. I sure would like some pansies for my side flower box - I love the sweet faces! I'd better get this done today as we are expecting snow starting tonight and running into the weekend.

"Thoughtful Thursday"? Been thinking of ways to simplify my busy life as I see weekends are filling up right through to the end of July. I need staff!

Have a good day and may you not run out of Paul.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I'll bet you're flying around by now....have a great day!

We are set to blast off here and head in the direction of the pool. Mom has an medical appt. later today. I see a bit of relaxation on my horizon then back over tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here's a big mug of Newman's just for you, Ruth. It's so muggy and warm here that it's hard to imagine it snowing in some parts of the country. And give those 2 furbabies an extra scritch for me.

I plan to switch wardrobes after I get home today, since the extended forecast calls for temps in the 70s for the next week or so. I'm leaving tomorrow to spend the weekend with my DD, and I know I won't feel like doing it when I get back on Sunday. I think I'll start going through the girls' clothes today, too, as that will give me something to do.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Ruth, did you really mention the S word?! We did have a fabulous spring storm here last night (actually, it got pretty wicked there for a while!), I just absolutely love the smell of a spring rain. I did manage to sneak in an hour walk in between down pours. PS - I get the 80 pack of Paul's from Sam's .

Debbie - Relaxation? Yay for you!!

Cottage - sounds like a lovely weekend, I hope you enjoy time with DD.

Shhhhhhh.....I may have found a dog! I am too scared to jinx it, but she is absolutely adorable. I wrote the lady last night to see if she was still available, and she asked if I could pick her up in the next week, since everyone wants her to hold her for a month or more. PERFECT! LOL...my DD and I are too impatient! I really did miss having a dog on my walk last night, and just can't wait to have a companion. Oh, Oh, Oh, I hope it works out. We do have to travel about 2.5 hours to get her, gratefully DH likes an excuse for a road trip.

But until then, I have a long day at work. I haven't planned very well this week, but have done okay despite. Glad those habits are ingrained pretty well!

Last edited by TwynnB; 04-11-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning! Linda I plan on swapping out clothes tomorrow as it looks the weather will be keeping me in. Ruth you definitely need a personal staff with your schedule! Debbie love the view from your office. TwynnB keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Another day of training. When I get home I have a huge amount of junk to bring to the curb for bulk pick up. I will be glad to see it go!!!

Enjoy
Old 04-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Twynn -

Off to yoga this morning, then Costco and Target, nearby. I pick up DH at the airport this afternoon. Tonight our dinner group meets. I know they are serving pasta

Have a great day.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
It's great getting back into the groove. Charting my food makes me SO accountable. I am trying to even go back and edit the previous days food to be completely honest. I generally allow myself to eat off plan on the weekends (not every meal of course) so I don't think I'll be writing down my food on those days! But if I can be really good for 4.5 days out of the week, I'm happy.

My boss is now on vacation for a week, so I have some time to take care of some personal stuff like mammo, etc. This afternoon is one of my early days so I'm taking my son to the Lego store with a friend. They are SO excited. My brother and sister in law are visiting for the weekend and my handyman is putting the finishing touches on my kitchen this morning so I treated myself and my sometimes babysitter is cleaning my whole house and doing all sorts of weird household laundry (sofa covers etc.) that probably have very fine ground in dust from all the construction. I'm so happy! Hope everyone has an awesome day.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies! It appears I'm bringing up the rear today. Busy day! I had an interview this afternoon that lasted for almost 2 hours! After all that, I better get the job Then I had to rush home and change and be at the library for a student I'm tutoring. I got home around 6:30 and was FINALLY able to eat something! I didn't plan on skipping lunch, I just didn't have time. I guess one meal will have to suffice. Maybe a snack later.

Ruth- It took me a minute to figure out what you meant by "Paul". I couldn't figure out who that was! I'm more of a tea drinker myself, so Paul Newman didn't occur to me. I love my Keurig though! Whoever came up with that is a genius and I hope they are filthy rich.

Twynn- I won't say the d-word, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Karen- Sorry about the pasta Did you take a small portion anyway?

Mmckellen- Sounds like you'll have a productive week! The Lego store sounds so cool, and I don't even really like legos! Enjoy your visit with your brother/SIL!

Night everybody!
Closed Thread