Calorie Counters - If you're doing my fitness pal have you...

flexichick
04-09-2013, 03:24 PM
You know when you finish for the day and it says: If you ate like this everyday you'd weigh xx in 5 weeks??

Well has that ever proved true for anyone? I find myself thinking "yeah right, that's so far off" and I'm not sure, maybe I should change my mindset? At the moment the weight that they say seems so unrealistic.

elvislover324
04-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Mine said I will be 199.2 this coming Monday, I hope it's right!!! It's a little bit of a stretch I think now that 4 1/2 weeks went by since that prediction but I should be close.

I mark random days on my calendar just to see if it works. It's usually pretty close but I eat almost the same number of calories and do the same amount of exercise every day.

Just remember if you have a really high or really low day, it might not be as accurate as a "normal" day.

I really like that app. but the 5 week thing does make me a bit obsessed!

WannaB2cute
04-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Mine has never been right. Come times better sometimes worse. Don't take it to close to heart

bethFromDayton
04-09-2013, 10:56 PM
I try not to pay attention to it but still get a thrill when it tells me a low number. I don't record or track it, though. It'd be pretty easy to do--just add it as another number to track on progress!

kellie105
04-09-2013, 11:06 PM
yeah....no its never right. It is motivational though and keeps me going!

liiz
04-10-2013, 02:39 PM
I barely started using it but I hope it is true :)

bethFromDayton
04-10-2013, 03:09 PM
This made me decide to start tracking it. I added a new 'measurement' of "5 week prediction" to my measurements. I'd already added "Band size" and "fasting blood sugar".

Now I'm going to track it--but it'll be 5 weeks before I know anything!

jefferzzzz
04-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I've actually beat the prediction on MFP... But how do you add prediction to where it shows on the progress chart? If it can be done.

celigirl88
04-10-2013, 03:55 PM
No. Mine is definitely not accurate. I've severely been slacking with my log ins ever since I caught the flu a couple weeks ago but it's been saying I would be in the 130's weeks ago, and I'm still teetering between 140-143. I'm yet to get down to where it says I will be. Maybe I will start marking it on my calendar to see if it's accurate at all.

bethFromDayton
04-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I've actually beat the prediction on MFP... But how do you add prediction to where it shows on the progress chart? If it can be done.

On the "My Home", select the "Check in" option.
Select "Track additional measurements" under the measurements
Add "5 week predictor" or something like that

Now you can enter values and track it just like weight, waist, hips, etc.

chubbiegurl
04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I think it's just an estimation if u eat the same way and excersize the same every day for 5 weeks. I have days that it says 10 lbs and others where it says 0. But I guess it can't hurt to chart it.

jefferzzzz
04-10-2013, 10:39 PM
On the "My Home", select the "Check in" option.
Select "Track additional measurements" under the measurements
Add "5 week predictor" or something like that

Now you can enter values and track it just like weight, waist, hips, etc.

Ahhh, I see... Thank you for posting that information!! I actually use the iPhone app so I don't think it can be done on there. Thanks again ;)

bethFromDayton
04-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Ahhh, I see... Thank you for posting that information!! I actually use the iPhone app so I don't think it can be done on there. Thanks again ;)

I actually use both. It's easier to enter stuff on the computer, but the iPhone lets me scan.

200poundquest
04-10-2013, 11:27 PM
I don't pay much attention to it, but I have to say the one day I decided to give in to my TOM hungries the figure it quoted when I logged my food for the day was definite motivation to make that a one time thing lol

XLMuffnTop
04-10-2013, 11:52 PM
My body doesn't lose weight based upon formulas and charts. There are a myriad of things going on that MFP can't possibly account for. I very rarely even glance at this number.

Psychic
04-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I don't pay much attention to it. My calories fluctuate. I'm not great at calorie counting. I like to keep track and try for approximately 1400 though.

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-11-2013, 01:18 PM
I think it's a fun thiing to track. As log as we can keep from getting to upset if we dont lose that fast. I feel I wouldn't want to follow it unless I wan't entering my exercise though. I have garmin running watch and I have noticed that when I enter my runs in MFP it says I burn substantially more calories than my watch says I did. After I have had some consistency for more than just a few days I think I will try to mark out a "new normal" day and see if I do get to it in the time they say. A fun experiment. But I think I would not enter my exercise. Which I suppise makes the liklihood I get to it even greater ;)

Thedollylala
04-16-2013, 08:37 AM
It sometimes is right for me sometimes no, I'll dot it on my calendar and see if it happens, if I'm diligent it's pretty close!

Rhiko
04-22-2013, 05:18 AM
On my first counting yesterday I came in 100 calories under my goal of 1200 and it said I would be 38.2 kgs (84lbs) by May if I kept going how I was. That's half my current weight. It'd be great if that was possible, though I'd be in hospital with emergency fluids pumping into me :lol: I don't mind using it as a loose guide, but after that estimate I'm not taking it seriously :) (Tonight I'm scrambling and trying to find another 300 cals before bed time in 3 hours! :stress::cookie::chin:)