Metabolic Research Center - Meal replacement bars and shakes question

NotaFatBride
04-08-2013, 10:37 PM
I bought some choco wafers last week and LOVE them! I thought they were a meal replacement? But the lady (who is super new) told me that they are for snack? Whoops. So which bars, wafers and shakes are for meal replacement (3 times a week)? Are the shakes any good? I have crazy mornings Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so the bars are excellent. One last question- how do I use the chocolate wafer as a snack? I can eat the whole thing?!

rwquilts
04-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I never tried the shakes, but the bars I had came in a variety 5-6 in a box. I really liked having them in a pinch.

NotaFatBride
04-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks! I love the cinnamon bars! Do you know if the wafers are a snack item?

corisimo
04-08-2013, 11:15 PM
I have the vanilla shakes and use them for creamer in my coffee. They'd be way too sweet to drink straight IMO especially since you have to drink 2 of them to replace a meal.

MarleneV
04-09-2013, 01:54 AM
The chocolate wafer bars are a meal replacement with an HSN clear drink, according to my center. No creamy hns allowed on the same day. I have the Chocolate VHP shakes made with 16 oz of water/ice, that is a meal replacement by itself, and again, no other creamy that day.

Tamikl
04-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Quite certain those are not a snack until Maintenance. During weight loss, use as a Meal Replacement only:) Exception might be if you exercise a lot and they put you on Meta-Balance menu...then these bars can be used as a snack.

NotaFatBride
04-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Thank you! I thought they were a meal replacement! I will have to tell the very sweet but sort of clueless new lady at the center.

MrsRiker
04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
on Meta-Balance menu...then these bars can be used as a snack.

Yep. I did metabalance and bars were used to replace a snack. The counselors would always get confused and try to tell me they were meal replacement and I would have to remind them I was on metabalance. Sounds like your gal is just confused the other way around. If you are on metaslim, then they are a replacement.

junebug37
04-17-2013, 07:55 AM
I am on MetaSlim 17 weeks. They advised me to drink 3 shakes a day, 1 of which can be creamy. They said I can go up to 2 (like if it was an intense gym day). And the bars are a meal replacement along with a clear shake. I use the bars on my work mornings so I don't have to bring food to work! I haven't heard of the chocolate wafers before now LOL! Maybe because I'm not on Metabalance?!? Hope this helps a little!

NotaFatBride
04-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi junebug- I think the shakes I was talking about are the chocolate n
And vanilla shake- different from the high nutrient suppliments, if I am thinking of the right thing. Definitely try the wafers! Soooo, so, so, so good!

lunarsongbird
04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Yup- as people have mentioned, it really depends on the plan you are on. :)