South Beach Diet - On Plan Thread April 8-14

View Full Version : On Plan Thread April 8-14

NicoleInCt
04-08-2013, 07:59 AM
A place to post our weekly meals! Good luck this week, chickies!

sophie
04-08-2013, 08:56 AM
phase 2

b - oatmeal with ground flax
l - soup
s - almond milk smoothie
s - pork loin, roasted cabbage and salad
s - light laughing cow
lots of water

NicoleInCt
04-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Phase 1.5 (fruit but no grains)

B: 1/3 cup ff plain yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1 stevia packet, 5 cashews, 1/3 cup lf milk in coffee
L: vegetarian stuffed squash, 1 hard boiled egg mixed with hummus and served over baby spinach salad
S: 10 cashews, 1/2 orange, 1 cup SF almond milk with added SF cookie dough syrup
D: veggie stir fry with tofu
S: 2 strawberries, 1T SF cool whip, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1T SF maple syrup

EmmaD
04-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Phase 1.5? (because of the oatmeal? no fruits right now...) 4.5+ CUPS VEGGIES! :carrot: :broc:
B - coffee w/ us coconut milk. Oatmeal with flaxseed, veggie sausage
L - Veggie chili with lots of bell pepper and mushrooms. Arugula salad with lemon juice/olive oil vingaigrette. Brewed iced tea.
S - yogurt smoothie with spinach.
D - Pan-fried shrimp, steamed broccoli, roasted green beans

Exercise: C25K "running" (really it's just very slow interval training, but it's a workout to ME!). If I'm super-ambitious, I am going to do some weight-training tonight (actually pre-weight training - lots of moves with little to no weight, push-ups at a steep incline, etc.). Gotta start somewhere!

Xena2013
04-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Phase 1

B: 2 fried eggs, 1 string cheese, almonds, 1 tb PB

L: Chicken with BBQ sauce, cucumber-tomato-feta and 1 sf yello

D: Salmon and yellow bell pepper

RiverGirl
04-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Phase 1.5 (fruit no grain)

Usual business: Monday + Day off = Sleep in & snack instead of breakfast

BLT romaine leaf wrap (1 pc of TBacon, tomato slice & dab of mayo wraped in a romaine leaf)

Scrabled eggs (x2)
Tomato Slices (salted)
Glass of skim milk

Peanuts

Meatballs (homemade no bread crumbs) w/ nsa marinara & Fresh Parmasan
Green Beans w/ garlic (a mountain of these)
Glass of skim milk

Greek yogurt w/ 1/3 banana slices (for later when munchie)

EliseVi
04-08-2013, 11:35 PM
B: quinoa porridge with five banana slices; iced coffee with lots of skim; poached egg with wedge of Laughing Cow lite on whole wheat English muffin.
L: 1/3 avocado and tomato with slice of light Swiss on whole grain bread
D: 8oz broccoli and kale; 12oz juice of spinach, celery, cukes, lemon, ginger; tofu, sauteed with Chinese eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, curry powder; and, darn it, slice of vegan raw cocoa pie (cocoa, walnuts, dates); large fresh ginger tea.
Must. Stop. Desserts.

sophie
04-09-2013, 08:56 AM
phase 2

b - oatmeal with ground flax and half a banana with almond milk
l - roasted cabbage with feta cheese
s - roasted salmon with broccoli and salad
s - smoothie

Mmckellen
04-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Tuesday
am-green magma juice (barley grass plus other green things)
breakfast - smoothie made with plain kefir, blueberries, kale, bee pollen, cacao powder, chia seeds
lunch - red lentil soup with quinoa and sauteed greens; carrots and almonds
snacks - one apple, some spicy peanuts, one slice pepperoni, one potato chip!
dinner - going out, will be off plan

all day: water mixed with a little dark cherry juice
2-3 cups coffee
vitamins

exercise: none but general running around.

jenne1017
04-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Ph 2

B: WW bagel and cream cheese, v8 and coffee
L: Greek salad
S: chia bar
D: halibut and avocado relish, cauliflower

Syckgirlsfv
04-09-2013, 04:10 PM
supposed to be on phase 2, but just not into it yet! I am having wine, just not grains yet.

B - mini meatloaf muffin
S - babybel light, 2 celery sticks, laughing cow wedge
L - firm tofu w/melted cheese and salsa
D - thinking salmon patties w/asparagus or cauliflower...and possibly refried beans!~

EliseVi
04-09-2013, 05:39 PM
B: quinoa porridge with four slices of banana and maybe a teaspoon of agave; skim latte
L: hummus, cukes, tomato, lettuce on whole wheat pita, skim latte
D: tofu, sauteed with Chinese eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, curry powder and 1/4 cup brown rice; glass of skim

NicoleInCt
04-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Tuesday, P 1.5
B: banana
L: 1/4 LF ricotta, 1/4 FF plain yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries
S: 5 cashews
D: 1/2 grilled balsamic red pepper over grilled portobello with LF feta, spinach salad with 5 greek olives and balsamic, 1/2 chicken breast
S: 1.5 cups SF almond milk with SF syrup

Exercise: 1 hour walk

RiverGirl
04-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Cauliflower & Carrots w/ ranch
HB egg
Glass of skim milk

Blueberry "Crisp" (so yummy! Blueberries mixed w/ cinnamon, topped w/ almond meal mixed w/ agave & icbinb... baked til browned) served with greek yogurt flavoured w/ vanilla

Celery Sticks w/ a dab of pb

Chicken Caeser salad w/ romaine, tomatoes, chicken, onion, t bacon, & renee's garlic lovers dressing (sooooo good)
Glass of skim milk

Cheese String (if munchie before bed)

Mmckellen
04-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Wednesday
This is one of my fast days.

breakfast: all green juice from the health food store (mixed greens, celery and cucumber) with bee pollen and ginger mixed with chia seeds
snack: cup of miso soup with arame
lunch: vegetable soup
snack: beet/orange/carrot juice with a shot of wheatgrass and chia seeds mixed in.
snacks after 7:30pm: corn nuts, wasabi peas, sesame stix, glass of wine
dinner: baked tofu, salad, goddess dressing

All day:
-water mixed with dark cherry juice
2-3 cups of coffee

EmmaD
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Tuesday was a weird day... all off schedule. For sure too much fat, but I was unexpectedly out all day and overall did the best I could. Not nearly enough veggies.

Phase ?

B - coffee w/ us almond milk
nothing else till
L - spinach salad with other veggies, tuna salad on top. Only red wine vinegar for dressing. Brewed unsweetened iced tea.
S - Quest bar, cinnamon roll flavor (limited selection at the GNC where I stopped)
S2 - 1 oz lowfat cheese, 1/2 serving cashews, 1/2 a protein shake
Yoga class
D - Eggplant baked in tomato sauce with mozzarella cheese. Big salad with sundried tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, feta cheese.

Wednesday: I think I am just going to copy Monday's menu, since I still have all those things. Just changing the dinner protein.

Phase 1.5 because of oatmeal, but maybe Phase 2 because the Green Drink Mix I used has fruit powders? But the whole serving is 10g, so I have no idea. Not that important to me, as I am not doing a clean Phase 1 right now :)

B - coffee w/ us almond milk
Couch-to-5K "run"
Oatmeal with flaxseed, veggie sausage
L - Veggie chili with lots of bell pepper and mushrooms. Arugula salad with sliced tomatoes and lemon juice/olive oil vinaigrette. Brewed iced tea.
S - Greek yogurt smoothie with spinach. {ETA: HOLY DELICIOUS GREEN SMOOTHIE! It had all kinds of health-food craziness in there: Greek yogurt, spinach (I blend fresh then freeze into muffin tins), GREEN DRINK MIX (from Trader Joes: A little of everything green in there), aloe vera juice, a splash of almond milk and because I found out that the Green Drink Mix has berry and cinnamon flavors, I added 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and some raspberry Torani sugar-free syrup. Cannot adequately convey how delicious this smoothie was!}
D - Salmon patties, steamed broccoli, roasted green beans

EliseVi
04-10-2013, 12:00 PM
B: omelet with broccoli, carrots, zucchini and feta; one slice of multigrain bread; lots of coffee with skim; water
L: Chipotle burrito bowl (pork, black beans, lettuce, tomato "salsa", a little guac, and like 2T of brown rice).
S: Ronnybrook pomegranite yogurt drink; decaf skim latte
D: veggie/soy protein chili

Syckgirlsfv
04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
morning peeps! Dinner last night was a jalapeno/poblano pepper hamburger patty (no bread) along with some sweet potato fries I made in the oven and asparagus. 2 glasses of wine before bed, and I was exactly 160 this morning I was hitting 160.5 before and I am SO CLOSE to leaving the 160s I can taste it!

Breakfast - egg substitute/light swiss/2 turkey bacon

Snack - 3 celery sticks, 1 laughing cow light wedge, string cheese

Lunch - jalapeno poblano pepper burger patty, asparagus, sweet potato fries (last night's leftovers )

All I did for the fries was cut up sweet potato lengthwise and spray with Pam, season with no salt organic seasoning, and bake in the oven. Dipped them in plain greek yogurt...YUM!

have a great day!

sophie
04-10-2013, 05:30 PM
phase 2-

b - oatmeal and ground flax with almond milk 1/2 banana
l - 1/3 cup cottage cheese with 1/4 avocado and cucumber, 1/2 slice brown bread
s - apple
s - omlette with red pepper, mushrooms, ham and chees
s - turkey pepperoni stick

NicoleInCt
04-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Wednesday, P 1.5

Breakfast: 5 cashews, 1 banana, coffee with milk and stevia
S: yogurt with strawberries
L: 1 cup black beans, 1/2 chicken breast, 1T LF sour cream, 1 stuffed squash
S: 10 cashews, 1/2 apple
D: grilled red pepper and balsamic portobello, 1 cup mixed baby greens
S: 1 cup almond milk with SF flavored syrup

RiverGirl
04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Celery w/ pb and nsa strawberry jam
Glass of skim milk

Blueberry "Crisp" topped with greek yogurt mixed w/ vanilla
Cheese String
Cherry tomatoes
Diet Dr. Pepper

1/3 Banana

Brocolli
Carrots
Pork Tenderloin
Glass of Skim Milk

Greek Yogurt w/ vanilla (the rest of the single serve container that I used to dollop on the "crisp")

Cauliflower w/ ranch (if I end up feeling munchie later)

Mmckellen
04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Thursday:
am: glass of green magma with chia seeds
breakfast: smoothie made with kefir, kale, blueberries, carrot juice, cacao powder, bee pollen, hemp hearts
lunch: salad with baked tofu, bacon bits, parmesan cheese, caesar dressing
snack: went overboard: corn nuts, sesame stix, wasabi peas, lentil curls
dinner: red lentil soup with quinoa and sauteed greens (finishing up the leftovers)

all day:
2-3 cups coffee
water mixed with dark cherry juice

Syckgirlsfv
04-11-2013, 11:19 AM
dinner last night - salmon patty, green salad w/ bolt house farms blue cheese dressing, spinach and parmesan stuffed portabella mushroom. 2 glasses merlot at bedtime.

breakfast this a.m. - egg substitute, 2 turkey bacon, light swiss
snack - 3 celery sticks and PB2
maybe some almonds
lunch will be cheddar bacon burger patty from Fresh and Easy wrapped in a high fiber whole grain wrap with lots of baby spinach

going to jog tonight after work, and dinner is uncertain at this point...:)

NicoleInCt
04-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Thursday: P1.5
B: 10 cashews, coffee with milk and stevia
L: 2 pieces tilapia baked with 2 chopped garlic cloves, tomatoes, 5 Greek olives, chives, 1T capers, 3T veg broth, and a dash of Emeril's Original seasoning, all served over 1.5 cups baby spinach
S: 1 apple, 1/2 cuke, 1 baby belle, and 1 cheese "cracker"
D: 1 cup black beans with 1T salsa and 1T low fat sour cream; 1 hard boiled egg with 1 tsp lf mayo; 1 tomato baked with lf mozz and garlic powder
S: 1 cup grapes

DonnaK
04-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi,
I am new to SB and this is my second week of phase I. I am a little puzzled as almost all of you seem to eat much less than the suggested menus in the book except for Syckgirlsfy. Do you lose weight faster this way? I lost 4 lbs. last week, but might try eating a lot less if it works better.

NicoleInCt
04-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Donna,

Personally, when I first start on SB, I am very hungry and eat a lot of on-plan foods. However, after the sugars get out of my system, I don't crave so much so I eat less. Last time I did SB, I fear I lost too much of my appetite and ate too little and consequently lost weight at a good rate the first three months and then plateaued for the next three. I say you should definitely eat what the book suggests, meaning do not try to avoid eating when you are hungry, but do not force yourself to eat more than you are hungry for. Good luck!

DonnaK
04-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks, Nicole. I will try your advice. So far today I have had.
B. Omelet with chopped ham. Coffee. Almond milk with SF syrup.
S. Two Bite size pizza snacks
L. Lettuce turkey wrap, ricotta muffin, SF jello
D. Don't know yet

sophie
04-11-2013, 05:15 PM
phase 2

b - fibre one with strawberries
l - roasted cabbage with feta cheese
s - yogourt with chia seeds
s - salsa chicken with broccoli and salad

Syckgirlsfv
04-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks, Nicole. I will try your advice. So far today I have had.
B. Omelet with chopped ham. Coffee. Almond milk with SF syrup.
S. Two Bite size pizza snacks
L. Lettuce turkey wrap, ricotta muffin, SF jello
D. Don't know yet

pizza snacks? what did you use?

Syckgirlsfv
04-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi,
I am new to SB and this is my second week of phase I. I am a little puzzled as almost all of you seem to eat much less than the suggested menus in the book except for Syckgirlsfy. Do you lose weight faster this way? I lost 4 lbs. last week, but might try eating a lot less if it works better.

I work out a lot, though...I get hungry!

EliseVi
04-11-2013, 10:55 PM
EmmaD, I just saw your Greek Yogurt Smoothie write-up now and it sounds amazing. Thanks for the tip re freezing the spinach into muffin tins. Clever!

B: quinoa porridge and juice of apple, orange, carrot, celery, ginger (my cold won't go away; I know there's a ton of fruit sugar in this drink, but I needed to counter the baseball size nob of ginger!)
S (post work-out): steel-cut oats w/ skim milk and nuts, NF cottage cheese with ground flax seeds, skim milk with coffee
L: chickpea soup w/ yogurt
D: grilled chicken with kale and 1/2 a sweet potato and pureed cilantro with NF yogurt; chick pea soup

RiverGirl
04-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Phase 1.5 (fruit no grain)

Greek yogurt w/ blue berries & 1/3 banana

Glass of Milk
Cherry Tomatoes

Hot Dog Salad

Veggie & Chicken Soup
Pudding

Cheese String
Cucumber Slices

Cauliflower & Ranch (if munchie later)

Seems it was a grazing on food kind of day for me.

Mmckellen
04-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Friday:
am-green magma drink with chia seeds
breakfast-smoothie made with kale, blueberries, plain kefir, carrot juice, hemp hearts, cacao powder, bee pollen
lunch-off plan sandwich (the bread is off plan)
dinner-greek salad, a small amount of pork loin and a bit of rice and beans.

all day
water with dark cherry juice
2-3 cups coffee

DonnaK
04-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Syckgirlsfy, I didn't mean I thought you ate too much. You just seemed to follow the suggested plan and I was wondering, since you seemed to be successful if that was the way to go. Here is the pizza snack recipe.
These are like pizza-flavored mini-quiches using pepperoni as the crust in a mini-muffin pan. They also can be made without the pepperoni. You can use small amounts of whatever pizza ingredients you like.
Ingredients:

8 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
cup sugar-free pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or combination mozzarella and other cheese such as Parmesan
cup finely minced green pepper or other pizza topping
24 slices of thin-sliced pepperoni, preferably in large thin slices

Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 F.

Poke the pepperoni slices into the bottoms of the mini-muffin cups, or butter the cups well if you aren't using the pepperoni (I find that oiling the pans doesn't work as well).
Cream the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, garlic, and oregano, and beat until smooth.
Mix the rest of the ingredients in by hand.
Fill the muffin cups with the egg and cheese mixture.
Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and set in center. Remove from oven, and cool for a few minutes (5-10), then run a knife around the top to loosen (I use a plastic knife for my nonstick pan). Remove to a plate.

Makes 24 pieces

Nutritional Information: Each piece with pepperoni has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, 3 grams protein, and 67 calories. Without pepperoni, each has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, and 47 calories.

Syckgirlsfv
04-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Syckgirlsfy, I didn't mean I thought you ate too much. You just seemed to follow the suggested plan and I was wondering, since you seemed to be successful if that was the way to go. Here is the pizza snack recipe.
These are like pizza-flavored mini-quiches using pepperoni as the crust in a mini-muffin pan. They also can be made without the pepperoni. You can use small amounts of whatever pizza ingredients you like.
Ingredients:

8 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
cup sugar-free pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or combination mozzarella and other cheese such as Parmesan
cup finely minced green pepper or other pizza topping
24 slices of thin-sliced pepperoni, preferably in large thin slices

Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 F.

Poke the pepperoni slices into the bottoms of the mini-muffin cups, or butter the cups well if you aren't using the pepperoni (I find that oiling the pans doesn't work as well).
Cream the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, garlic, and oregano, and beat until smooth.
Mix the rest of the ingredients in by hand.
Fill the muffin cups with the egg and cheese mixture.
Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and set in center. Remove from oven, and cool for a few minutes (5-10), then run a knife around the top to loosen (I use a plastic knife for my nonstick pan). Remove to a plate.

Makes 24 pieces

Nutritional Information: Each piece with pepperoni has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, 3 grams protein, and 67 calories. Without pepperoni, each has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, and 47 calories.

I didn't think you meant that :D Sorry if it sounded like it! THANK YOU for this recipe!!! I might do it tonight! Friday night was always my pizza night after my step class, and I haven't had pizza in over a month...this will make me so very happy! :carrot:

EmmaD
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I was laughing at this, as I often wonder how much people are eating. Nobody really gives amounts so you never know if people are having HUGE servings of whatever they list... I often notice a serious lack of vegetables but then again, someone might be having 2 or 3 cups of one type of veggie... maybe? :)

EmmaD, I just saw your Greek Yogurt Smoothie write-up now and it sounds amazing. Thanks for the tip re freezing the spinach into muffin tins. Clever!

I discovered that trick in some blog. I tried to find the source, but I found this (http://www.unconventionalkitchen.com/how-to-freeze-fruit-and-greens-for-green-smoothies/) instead. Great idea about buying the giant Costco spinach bag, for like $3 or $4 and freezing all of it. That person just freezes greens whole. I never thought of that! I always blend it up first (which requires adding some water, at least with my blender) and freeze in muffin tins. I think I will try just freezing the greens... I would separate into smoothie-sized amounts first though.

Friday:
breakfast-smoothie made with kale, blueberries, plain kefir, carrot juice, hemp hearts, cacao powder, bee pollen

Love your smoothie! I am a fan of dumping all kinds of healthy things in... my latest additions are aloe vera juice and "green powder" in addition to spinach ..

On to the "plan" ... ugh, going to be hard tonight and through this weekend (visiting with friends/not going to be home)

Phase 2

B - coffee with us almond milk
C25K run
Green smoothie, adding cucumber (I forgot how good cucumber is in smoothies - they are great to freeze in chunks and use like ice cubes). I'm going to make this one without yogurt, since I am having yogurt for lunch.
L - Turkish eggs in garlic yogurt ("cilbir" << but English doesn't have many of those letters!) made with two organic eggs, organic nonfat Greek yogurt and Smart Balance. Adding 1 cup sliced tomatoes.
S - Broccoli and pepper slices with hummus.
D - Homemade pizza with whole wheat crust, veggie Italian sausage, arugula salad on top. Brussels sprouts slaw, roasted cauliflower with tahini dipping sauce. Maybe a glass of wine :devil:

EliseVi
04-12-2013, 12:57 PM
B: quinoa porridge and a few slices of banana
L: chicken soup with 1/2 chicken breast and 2T mushed carrots
S: three slices gruyere on rye bread (at least it was just one slice)
D: meatballs with cabbage, big salad of chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions (yum!)

I'm starving and in the middle of a super stressful day, so I am not sure about the rest of my food, though I keep telling myself that if I eat my feelings I'm guaranteed to feel like #$%@#%# tonight and tomorrow.

NicoleInCt
04-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Friday, P1.5

B: hard boiled egg; coffee
L: 1/2 cup ff plain yogurt; 1/2 cup strawberries
S: 1T peanut butter, 1 apple, 1 cup almond milk
D: veggie lasagna made with a sauce of ground turkey, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onions, mushrooms--and then layered with zucchini--next a mixture of ricotta, mozz, parm and egg-- then baby spinach, and repeat.
S: 1 cup popcorn

sophie
04-12-2013, 05:51 PM
phase 2

b - 2 eggs, slice of brown bread
l - soup and two slices ham
s - salmon salad with veggies
s - wine and a bit of blue cheese

NicoleInCt
04-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Saturday, P1.5
B: hardboiled egg, 5 cashews, coffee with milk
S: apple with 1T pb
L: veggie/ground turkey lasagna
D: tbd

EliseVi
04-13-2013, 04:22 PM
B: 1/2 portion of quinoa porridge
S (post work-out): small apple with 2oz cheddar; coffee with skim
L: scrambled eggs with cheddar, mushrooms, tomatoes; lots of coffee and skim
S: glass of hemp milk
D: TBD going out (must control alcohol intake!)

NicoleInCt
04-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Sunday, P1.5

Well the "tbd" for yesterday's dinner ended up being nothing since I had to go out from 4:30 to 8:00, and when I finally got around food, it was the cake I had made for a friend's birthday. As the baker, I allowed myself just one bite to see how it came out, which turned into two, which turned into the thought, "Losing weight feels better than eating this does," which was followed by a sick feeling since I hadn't had sugar recently. Good to know the body and mind are both on board for getting healthier!

B: coffee and hard boiled egg
L: black bean soup, 1T LF sour cream; mixed greens with 5 Greek olives, LF feta, and cukes along with 1T Italian dressing, 1/2T balsamic, 1/2T red vinegar and 1/2T veg. broth
S: 1 apple with cinnamon, 15 cashews
D: veggie lasagna
S: 3/4 cup ff plain yogurt, 1/4 cup milk and 1 cup strawberries all blended with stevia (so good!)

Mmckellen
04-14-2013, 08:11 PM
I was off plan all weekend practically, but I did make some good choices food wise. Back on plan tomorrow with a fast day.