Whole Foods Lifestyle - Less Yeast = Less Flushing?

View Full Version : Less Yeast = Less Flushing?

Alicia546
04-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Hello! I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, especially since it seems my question is more medically-related, but it also has to with diet as well.

I keep on reading that less sugar and a particular diet can get rid of Candida infections. Would this really include yeast as well? I don't eat a ton of bread anymore (mostly rice) so that part is not necessarily a problem. I was just wanting to see if anyone has flushing in their face that might be related to Candida in their systems, or has anyone tried one of those Candida diets?

angelarm
04-07-2013, 01:00 AM
I've never had flushing, but I used to have major digestive issues that I think were candida related. I went on a really strict diet that cut out all wheat, all yeast and all sugar. (Even most fruits and artificial sweeteners.) I think the suggested time period was 4 weeks? I made it 2 and then just couldn't keep it up anymore, but my symptoms went away. For a while, I'd have a little flare up when I had major stress and then cut out yeast/sugar/wheat for a few days, and it usually did the trick.

I know there are probably lots of people who've done more longer-term candida diets, and my short term approach might not work for everyone. But a couple weeks of serious restriction was enough to work for me.