Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 10:32 PM   #1  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Question

We had our meeting today and I have been on the new Winning Points for 13 weeks, so there wasn't any more booklets or recipes. Is 12 weeks all we get???
I feel like they should keep giving us recipes or something, 1. for our motivation and 2. for our $$$
What do the people who have been on WW for a year do???
I guess I didn't realize it was 12 weeks and then you are on your own.
Old 03-09-2001, 03:01 AM   #2  
Pink Thingy

Default you guys are lucky.....

in the UK after week 10, you are on your own.

Old 03-09-2001, 08:11 AM   #3  

You are correct. The written information is only given out the first 12 weeks. You will be given a journal each week you weigh in.
Old 03-09-2001, 08:31 AM   #4  
REC

When I am having a rough time of it, I take out those booklets and reread them. It's a help. I also read quite a bit in Thin for Life by Anne Fetcher.

You also get your meetings and the knowledge you gleen from them for your $$$.
Old 03-09-2001, 08:59 AM   #5  

Default 12 weeks, is that all there is?

For the rest of the time you get a new journal, weekly accountability, a (hopefully) motivational lecture (are you partaking and asking questions?), using your successes to motivate others, learning new recipes which members bring into the meetings, meeting your new friends and comparing losses/successes, learning from practice on how to live healthfully for the rest of your life. Not just until you get the weight off. Yes, that is 'all' you get.

Last edited by Fearless; 03-09-2001 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-09-2001, 09:37 AM   #6  

WW seems to have gotten kind of "cheap" shall we say, as far as giving out any new materials. I have said that for years! I have been a member of WW (on and off) for close to 10 years and used to always receive some kind of new material. Info booklets, new recipes (and not just those flimsy little cards they now give) lots of good stuff. Now, nothing..
Pat
Old 03-09-2001, 09:46 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

My first year with W/W we only got 8 weeks (back in the 80's) of stuff but I had a great leader who provided great recipes. I don't mind because I find more motivational info here and other books.
Old 03-09-2001, 10:42 AM   #8  

Default Cheap?

Oh, I thoroughly disagree.
The old recipe handouts (when I first started working for them) were flimsy sheets. These cardboard ones are firm enough to stand up to a recipe file box (and fit better too).
In addition the leaders did not get the in-depth training they now receive. Do you really want your leader to stand up in front of the room with your journal and read the 'goofs' aloud. As they used to do.
What about the specialty meetings. e.g. 50-100-200# focus groups. The advent of At Work mtgs., the updates on information as soon as International has it, the "Tools for Living" topics. One of which is covered almost each and every week.
With these you get a mini-counseling session each week. Trying paying for a 30-45 minute session at a counselor's for what the W W weekly fee in your area is currently.
My opinion. Yours is different.

Now if you want to talk cheap...eTools is a total and complete ripoff. For the cost of one year of it, you can buy a Palm Pilot and download all of the same information into it and have money left over. Plus it can be used for many other things.
Most staff (some areas not) were given 6 months free access to it. Personally, I signed off after one day.
My Palm has my journal, the food companion, restaurants, and an exercise log. Which I can take with me, so I do not have to turn on the computer to access.
Old 03-09-2001, 10:55 AM   #9  
Pink Thingy

Default I have to agree with Kelly_S

I do think your Leader can make all the difference.

I have recently changed the time I go to "class" and I find my new Leader an inspiration. :

I have noticed quite a few additonal benefits to the US program compared to the UK i.e 2 weeks additional material, points range (no range in the UK!!!) and the US site has much more to it, namely the panic button! I could really use a panic button sometimes
Old 03-09-2001, 11:13 AM   #10  

Whoa Fearless - Don't jump all over me because I feel that WW handouts have gotten less then they used to be. I didn't think anyone would get all "ruffled" about it!!! All I am saying is that in my opinion, I feel the handouts they used to give back in the very early 90's (I don't know about flimsy handouts before then, I used to get nice booklets when I first started going) were much better then what they give out now. Please note that I am not talking about leaders, new tools, programs etc.... Just what they hand out. Obviously, if I didn't feel WW was worth it I wouldn't go, which I am heading off to in a few min.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:04 PM   #11  

I like to look at is in the perspective that WW gives us the basic tools, what we do make of them are up to us!
And it is SO true that your leader makes a big difference- because of my nomadic lifestyle, I have had to attend three different meetings on a regular basis since joining in August. One of my leaders is enthusiastic and inspiring, the other two are not so great. We have also had a "sub" leader, who was HORRIBLE. But, as I said, the program is what you make of it. Coming here is my main support outside of the group...I woul dnot have made it through the past 2 1/2 months without this support board!
Are there any other lifetime members who have not felt very supported by WW? It sometimes seems like we get ignored, which I guess I can understand since we have reached goal, I just know I could use more support- and as others are saying, it would be nice to get recipes or especially those little tips booklets, occasionally!
I guess I haven't really said much... just running off at the mouth as usual, which I guess is better than stuffing it full off food!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2001, 11:41 PM   #12  
Soon to be Lifetimer

I do refer back to my booklets all the time. I guess that is why I was disappointed that we weren't getting any more!!!
My leader is great, I had heard negative comments about her having everyone tell how much they lost or gained but after I met her, she is GREAT!!! and has a good sense of humor. She tells great stories.
We do get a recipe from her about every week and our group is good at giving suggestions also.
I figure if you had to pay for a medical prescription for weightloss drugs, it would cost a lot more per month and you wouldn't be doing it by changing your eating habits and healthy life style.
I used to think I would NEVER go to WW, no matter how much help I needed. I felt I could do this "on my own". Now I am so glad my Dr. recommended it after I couldn't get my post-baby 32lbs off. I can't wait til Thursday morning meetings. I am also PROUD to tell people that I go to WW and that I have lost 17 lbs to date. Four of my friends have joined since I told them of my success with the program and they have each lost 28+!!!

I don't know what I would do without this board either -- you guys are GREAT
Closed Thread