General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255 195.8 150

Height: 5'6

Default scrapbook jouranl ideas

hey i was wondering if anyone had any page ideas for a scrapbook journal on the topic of weight loss. mine wont have any pictures in it. or if anyone knows some links to sites that give some good ideas.
deadkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Not sure what you mean. Why do you not want any pictures in it?

I don't have a scrap book but I do keep a large poster board for weightloss. I cut out words and pictures from fitness magazines. Mostly of women running, pictures of beautiful green salads or fresh fruit, and sayings like "I'm a size 14, so what!" or "If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse" I also fill my closet with post its of affirmations.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255 195.8 150

Height: 5'6

thats pretty much the kind of stuff i want to have but in a journal. just to track my weight and monthly weight goals etc..having trouble thinking of page ideas though or running out of them i guess
deadkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I think I should really start doing this. My lack in dedication to drop the weight this time around really sucks.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

I don't think I'd break it down into just topics, but I love a good, thoroughly used up and and worn out scrap book. I have one where I tape in or write inspirational quotes, clothes I'd like to wear that don't come in my size, summaries of conversations or revelations that I've had, goals, NSVs, etc. I guess mine is more of a journal with lots of Sharpie work and scrap book like pages. There was a book ages ago by a woman who kind of crafted her way to weight loss. She did a lot of art and craft that were weight loss inspired. Most of it was not for me, but she had one piece with the text, "I have already wasted too much time thinking about this" (paraphrase) on it and that SPOKE to me. You can embroider on some of the pages, you can paste in before and afters and images that inspire you. I have kept track of things like - RSL hit her 10% goal today. If I had started with her when she asked, I'd be there, too! That kind of thing is inspiring to me, it might be depressing to others.

I don't really get the whole very carefully planned scrap book trend. They're cute, but not for me. At the end of the day, you're using someone else's pre made ideas and materials. Skip the expense and sketchbook your own ideas and thoughts and inspiration!

However you decide to do it, it's a great idea. Anytime you get the urge to munch, you can keep yourself busy with your book and you're making tangible inspiration and progress report. Check Pinterest. I'm SURE someone has scrap book/sketch book ideas!
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote