Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 3/11/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 3/11/2013

lisa32989
03-11-2013, 06:27 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

SFNinerGirl
03-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning,

I posted last night but I guess no one saw it.

I've become very aware of my resting heart rate recently and noticed since starting IP in February that it's dropped between 55 to 65 BPM as opposed to before before it was between 75-80.

Anyone else notice this on IP?

I do take meds that could affect it- Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Metformin, but I've been taking those since December.

Donna Gel
03-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Don't notice the heart rate, but other that the 100 bathroom trips, I am sleeping better at night.

mrskuby
03-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Good morning all! Another small NSV for me this weekend...one of DH's buddies came over to visit, he came in the house, stopped and said "Okay, what did you do different? You look different." I laughed and DH was like "she is rocking this diet" and proceeded to tell him all about how much I've lost and how proud he is of me. It felt so good to have his buddy notice and then for him to gush about how amazing I looked!

Then last night I made salmon marinated in WF Sesame Ginger dressing, Steamed asparagus and cauliflower fried rice...DH was amazed at how good the "rice" was. I can totally see myself cooking like this for us forever. I don't even miss rice or pasta.

jeffiner
03-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Happy Monday everyone. Weekend was busy and I fell off the wagon a bit...I hada few moments of guilt last night and realized that I hadn't felt guilty since starting IP. So today I am forgiving myself and moving forward OP. if my weight loss is not good this week, so be it. Live and Learn.

IPdivajen
03-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Yup, my resting heart rate has totally dropped down to where yours is. I'm not on any meds now and wasn't on any bp meds before but be sure to keep your doctor in the loop as you go to be sure you're on the right medications - if you even need them anymore!

I was type II diabetic - on insulin and metformin - when I started and was off insulin in 10 days and off metformin in four months. :)

Mother of the Groom
03-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi everyone, Friday I spent a few hours going through the recipes threads and tried a few this weekend that were hits not only with me but my family too.

Friday night we had BBQ hamburgers with "potato" salad made from cauliflower, it was fantastic and already have requests for that again.

Saturday I made the mock shepards pie, I did add a bit of wf BBQ sauce to the meat and sprinkled the mashed cauliflower with Cajun seasoning before baking, served with a salad was a great meal.

Sunday I made a roast in my crockpot and for the "gravy" I used a purée of cauliflower, mushrooms, green pepper and some of the stock from the roast. Amazing gravy.

Tonight I'm trying the recipe for crockpot chicken, I'm sure it will be as good as the rest of the recipes I've tried so far. I would highly recommend taking the time to read all the recipe threads and try something new.

Have a great day everyone! :)

ann306
03-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Hello, Iam new to this forum and have lost 9.8 pounds and 12 inches. Today is my one month mark on ideal protein. I have spoken to my IP coach and she stated that if you use birth control, or have a contraceptive patch you should be careful and use protection. I have an iud (mirnera) and is it the same. I have spoken to a pharmacist and they said not to worry,as an iud blocks the uterine line. Does anyone have info,please share. This is causing a lot of stress for me.. Also I was told that u will lose weight slower on a iud. Thanks

mrskuby
03-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone, Friday I spent a few hours going through the recipes threads and tried a few this weekend that were hits not only with me but my family too.

Friday night we had BBQ hamburgers with "potato" salad made from cauliflower, it was fantastic and already have requests for that again.

Saturday I made the mock shepards pie, I did add a bit of wf BBQ sauce to the meat and sprinkled the mashed cauliflower with Cajun seasoning before baking, served with a salad was a great meal.

Sunday I made a roast in my crockpot and for the "gravy" I used a purée of cauliflower, mushrooms, green pepper and some of the stock from the roast. Amazing gravy.

Tonight I'm trying the recipe for crockpot chicken, I'm sure it will be as good as the rest of the recipes I've tried so far. I would highly recommend taking the time to read all the recipe threads and try something new.

Hmm...cauliflower "potato" salad sounds interesting! Cauliflower has got to be the most versatile veggie ever! LOL I've thought about making Shepard's pie but I like corn in mine...what do you use?

Hello, Iam new to this forum and have lost 9.8 pounds and 12 inches. Today is my one month mark on ideal protein. I have spoken to my IP coach and she stated that if you use birth control, or have a contraceptive patch you should be careful and use protection. I have an iud (mirnera) and is it the same. I have spoken to a pharmacist and they said not to worry,as an iud blocks the uterine line. Does anyone have info,please share. This is causing a lot of stress for me.. Also I was told that u will lose weight slower on a iud. Thanks

I don't know for sure but the Mirena hormones go directly to the uterus not thru your system so I wouldn't imagine that it should fail. Maybe there is someone here that has experience with it...I had mine removed and not replaced because I was afraid it was the reason I wasn't losing weight (before IP) but it made no difference...I still never lost any weight until IP.

pocahontas812
03-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Down 2.2 this week! Am within normal weight range for my age and height and have normal BMI, and have had smaller losses the last few weeks (1-1.2 pounds). So nice to see a bigger loss this week:carrot:

funstaffordmom
03-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Good morning all! Another small NSV for me this weekend...one of DH's buddies came over to visit, he came in the house, stopped and said "Okay, what did you do different? You look different." I laughed and DH was like "she is rocking this diet" and proceeded to tell him all about how much I've lost and how proud he is of me. It felt so good to have his buddy notice and then for him to gush about how amazing I looked!

Then last night I made salmon marinated in WF Sesame Ginger dressing, Steamed asparagus and cauliflower fried rice...DH was amazed at how good the "rice" was. I can totally see myself cooking like this for us forever. I don't even miss rice or pasta.

So happy to know your DH is SOOO SUPPORTIVE. It adds a lil spice doesn't it :D Despite the fact that I cut 12" of my hair off. I'm waiting to hear someone noticing my weight loss. I still haven't perfected the cauliflower rice :?:

Mother of the Groom
03-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Mrskuby,
I think you can play with the shepards pie recipe a bit, the next time I make it I will use a purée of vegs and broth to make more of a gravy for the meat layer(I like mine to be a little more moist). Also thinking of adding some asparagus or green bean pieces into the meat because you can add your 2 cups veggies into the recipe and serve with a lettuce salad.
I made a large casserole for the whole family but I think I am going to try to find individual boats to make in next time so I'm sure I get the right portions of meat and vegs.

funstaffordmom
03-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!

I spent most of my day yesterday in the glorious sun cleaning outside and inside. OH BOY do I feel it today!! Also, I had a bad dream last night, I drank a bottle of wine :( I woke up with a headache and guilt. Then on my way to work I started tearing up. Not sure if IP makes us emotional or if the guilt of drinking a bottle of wine in my sleep made me tear up.......

MOTG - I'm coming to your house for dinner. All of it sounds WONDERFUL!!!

IntheEvening
03-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello all! What's your thoughts on corn beef cabbage? Isn't ip safe minus the potatoes and onions?

mquinn106
03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Would also be interested in the "potato" salad recipe! Last night I made home-made chicken sausage, eggs, and roasted broccoli (I roasted with garlic and rosemary, delish!!).

Now this is probably from the broccoli, but last night I had the most painful gas I've ever experienced in my life! Sorry if TMI...but I was a little freaked out. Felt like really bad menstrual cramps which would be early but not unheard of on IP. Anyone else have this problem?

tbone39
03-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Does any one know where I can purchase Potassium (Potassium Bicarbonate) 800 mg. The website that everyone keeps referencing too seems to longer carry the 800mg. (plainprotein.com (http://www.plainprotein.com/supplements/natura-potassium/))

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

NinjaNurse
03-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Daylight Saving time oh how I hate you!! Everyone was yawning and dragging at work last night. This morning I overslept because I was looking at the watch on my nightstand. TG my daughter is so good. I thought it was 7am and I kept saying, Mommy needs to sleep....at 10:45 (I stay up until 1am or later) I thought it was 9:45 and said we have to get moving.........:o:dizzy::devil:

Must have recipe for Cauliflower potato salad.

I made Crispy Cereal Pancakes with pureed Jicima yesterday. I like it better because there is no cauliflower aftertaste but have to remember to keep the heat low because of the higher sugar content. At least the last one came out perfect.

MUST. GET. MOVING.

Mother of the Groom
03-11-2013, 12:16 PM
"Potato" Salad
1 head of cauliflower broken into bite size peices, steamed aldente
2 hard boiled eggs
2 cups total of celery, green pepper, radishes and dill pickles
mix together
2 tbsp wf mayo
2 tsp evoo
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp dill
2 tsp wf bacon ranch dressing
mix all together, add sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste, refridgerate for one hour, stir again and serve

this made enough for our family of 3 plus enough leftover for luch the next day for myself (yeah)

ragdoll74
03-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Does any one know where I can purchase Potassium (Potassium Bicarbonate) 800 mg. The website that everyone keeps referencing too seems to longer carry the 800mg. (plainprotein.com (http://www.plainprotein.com/supplements/natura-potassium/))

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

This one replaces the older version. It's no longer 800 mg.

anyasolomon
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Where did you get these recipes from? they sound amazing. i would love try them this week.

fitandfabfrog
03-11-2013, 12:43 PM
All those recipes are sounding yummy! I created a list of things I need to go get from my clinic so that I can have a little more variety. I am on day 6 and although I haven't had something I don't like yet, I need more than just the few I got for my first week. Any absolute favorites I should make sure to get?

fitandfabfrog
03-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Where did you get these recipes from? they sound amazing. i would love try them this week.

They are on the recipe thread that is 'sticky' at the top of this forum page. Worth scrolling through ALL of the pages!

Canadiandieter
03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
I am on day 7 of phase 1 and I am happy to say that my cravings for sugar and carbs is gone!!! I have also gone a week now without anything alcoholic and really don't want that either. This way of living works!!!:carrot:

Mother of the Groom
03-11-2013, 12:49 PM

They are all in the first pinned thread, when you click on there all the recipe threads are there.
I spent quite a few hours just going through them all and copy/pasting the recipes I though we would like so now I have them all on my computer with easy access so it wont take so long to find in the future.
I will admit I did tweek the recipes a bit to adjust to our taste(such as described in shepard's pie)
I'm a big fan of my crockpot as I work all day and it's so nice to come home to dinner pretty much done except for a salad. :)

Donna Gel
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Yup, my resting heart rate has totally dropped down to where yours is. I'm not on any meds now and wasn't on any bp meds before but be sure to keep your doctor in the loop as you go to be sure you're on the right medications - if you even need them anymore!

I was type II diabetic - on insulin and metformin - when I started and was off insulin in 10 days and off metformin in four months. :)

I was just looking at your numbers. WOW!! Amazing accomplishment!!

Donna Gel
03-11-2013, 12:56 PM

Now I am hungry!!

tbone39
03-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Does this mean that I would take eight (8) 99 mg pills instead of one (1) 800 mg?

Donna Gel
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Good Morning everyone!!!

I spent most of my day yesterday in the glorious sun cleaning outside and inside. OH BOY do I feel it today!! Also, I had a bad dream last night, I drank a bottle of wine :( I woke up with a headache and guilt. Then on my way to work I started tearing up. Not sure if IP makes us emotional or if the guilt of drinking a bottle of wine in my sleep made me tear up.......

MOTG - I'm coming to your house for dinner. All of it sounds WONDERFUL!!!

Apparently you do get a little emotional while on this diet and drinking a bottle of wine in your sleep didn't help any. hahaha. I think you can forgive yourself on that one.

Donna Gel
03-11-2013, 01:06 PM
All those recipes are sounding yummy! I created a list of things I need to go get from my clinic so that I can have a little more variety. I am on day 6 and although I haven't had something I don't like yet, I need more than just the few I got for my first week. Any absolute favorites I should make sure to get?

I love the potato puree. I have a potato pancake every morning for breakfast.

I mix the IP potato a little runnier than it is called for, add 2 egg whites and whatever veg or spices I feel like at the moment. I make this into 2 pancakes, fried in a little coconut oil and have 2 eggs with it. That is half of my daily protein right there.

You can also make wraps with the potato puree, but I haven't tried that yet.

Potato Puree
Crispy Cearel (can also make pancakes with this, among other things)
Pudding and drink mixes

fitandfabfrog
03-11-2013, 01:17 PM
I love the potato puree. I have a potato pancake every morning for breakfast.

I mix the IP potato a little runnier than it is called for, add 2 egg whites and whatever veg or spices I feel like at the moment. I make this into 2 pancakes, fried in a little coconut oil and have 2 eggs with it. That is half of my daily protein right there.

You can also make wraps with the potato puree, but I haven't tried that yet.

Potato Puree
Crispy Cearel (can also make pancakes with this, among other things)
Pudding and drink mixes

Thanks Donna! So can you eat the protein/veggies whenever as long as you get it throughout the day? I have a REALLY hard time eating it all JUST at dinner and would love this option. :p

ragdoll74
03-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Does this mean that I would take eight (8) 99 mg pills instead of one (1) 800 mg?

No, it's different form of pottasium that absorbs more easily. The bottle will tell you how many to take per day. I'm assuming it's still one, but I'm still working on the old version.

Donna Gel
03-11-2013, 01:28 PM
NSV I tried on my size 9 jeans again this morning. THEY FIT!! while they are a bit snug still, I CAN BREATHE IN THEM.

My official WI is tomorrow. Anxious to see what I have lost for inches.

I am out of my usual breakfast choices so this morning I made an egg scramble with 2 eggs + egg white, seasoned with green onions and dill. I had my morning latte with IP vanilla RTE drink.

Lunch I will probably just have salad and IP chicken patty

Dinner I am making meatloaves for the freezer, mashed (cauliflower) potato + another vegetable.

Snack - Well, not orange messy cake, that's for sure.

Before I started this diet I tried a latte made with the vanilla protein RTE drink, it was not great. This morning it is delicious.

MntRose
03-11-2013, 01:30 PM

Okay two things about the IUD, some of them have no hormones whatsoever because that's not how they block the act of conception. So while I would say your likely safe from an unwanted pregnancy, I would also strongly advise you to use extra protection if this is something you want to avoid for the time being. Second I currently have a Mirena IUD in place and although I don't feel like I am losing very fast, I also don't think I am losing slower than a fair amount of people here either. To me given the time I have spent on the forums and on the diet, I feel like I am somewhere in the 'bell curve' at about average. I am happy with the way my body is feeling and how my clothes are starting the droop.

NSV, I think . . . but I am not sure . . Had a cholesterol screening done and the pharmacist said my HDL is down 50 points. I was so excited but when I got home and looked at my other levels I noticed my triglycerides are up 60 points! Anyone have any idea whats going on with those numbers?

leannekarella
03-11-2013, 01:44 PM
NSV, I think . . . but I am not sure . . Had a cholesterol screening done and the pharmacist said my HDL is down 50 points. I was so excited but when I got home and looked at my other levels I noticed my triglycerides are up 60 points! Anyone have any idea whats going on with those numbers?

I had the exact same issue. My doc is re-screening me. Because of diabetes, I've had a triglyceride issue for some time, but she was sooo impressed with my cholesterol and A1C, but the triglycerides has her concerned. It's something she wants to keep screening to make sure it doesn't get out of control.

Do you know if you're still in the "normal" range?

leannekarella
03-11-2013, 01:54 PM
I have a serious question... I have read the travelling on IP threads, and they're great.

I just have one thing I wonder about...

I do not eat the restricted foods because of diabetes.

Where we're traveling, the issue is, I know what the kiddo will want to eat, and I'm fine with not caving to temptation, (travelling is when kiddo gets to choose food instead of mom harping on her to eat healthy) I'm just worried about not finding lean meats in restaurants where we might be dining.

Is it "okay" to eat an extra packet, or two, in place of real protein if there is an issue. I know they do this on bootcamp, and I would not do this everyday, but there are some very hectic days that searching out healthy protein may be a huge issue. I'm not worried about finding salads at all, I'm good with the veggie aspect of it, just the protein.

I asked my coach this, and he made it sound like it was a super NO NO, but I've read enough threads on here that said it's fine. Anyone done this before? Any weird issues? Hunger? (I think that's my biggest worry)

GreatLakes86
03-11-2013, 02:55 PM
After I got back from my forgotten real food debacle, my coach told me that I did fine, and that in a pinch 2 IP foods equals 8 oz of protein requirement. I ended up eating 5 packs a day spaced out evenly due to the nature of the work I was doing (outside in the cold and lifting heavy stuff). I got hungry when I was due to have my next packet, but I was also not drinking water during the day (no place to pee out there, and was wearing heavy winter bib overalls...hard to pop a squat in the bushes!). I think if I had been drinking adequate water I wouldn't have even been hungry. There was one day where I forgot my mid-day packet until well past 2pm. I don't think you'd get the hungries too bad. :)

M35A2
03-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Anyone try pre-mixing packets and storing them. I'm talking about the drinks or soups not the puddings. The reason I ask is that DW is usually going 100mph at work every day and doesn't really have time to do things herself. If I could pre-mix things so she just needed to reheat it at work it would make her life easier. I'm hesitant to just try it as I don't really want her winding up with something that's not edible. If I could do a soup with broccoli or mushroom puree in it she'd be able to get the packet and her veggies all at once.

De11s
03-11-2013, 03:16 PM

That is awesome, my hubby actually found this diet for me and has been very supportive as well. Funny thing I made salmon and asparagus last night too, never thought to use the WF though, I just used Lemon pepper, Olive oil and old bay seasoning, and a little Sea Salt. Yours sounds delicious I use the sesame ginger when I stirfry.
NSV for me also yesterday, I went through the back of my closet where I stashed a bunch of jeans and shorts from my weight loss on the Horrible HCG a few years back (that I gained almost all of back). Much to my surprise I was able to get into almost everything, there was a pair of jeans that didn't quite make it on, but what surprised me the most is my size 4 shorts went over this butt and hips and actually buttoned and zipped. Can you say happy dance :dance::dance::dance::dance: ?? They are quite snug but wow what a shock!

lisa32989
03-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Anyone try pre-mixing packets and storing them. I'm talking about the drinks or soups not the puddings. The reason I ask is that DW is usually going 100mph at work every day and doesn't really have time to do things herself. If I could pre-mix things so she just needed to reheat it at work it would make her life easier. I'm hesitant to just try it as I don't really want her winding up with something that's not edible. If I could do a soup with broccoli or mushroom puree in it she'd be able to get the packet and her veggies all at once.

Works like a charm! I took premixed soups w/veggie purée & nuked @ work & then switched to using a thermos so I didn't even have to heat at work. Puddings actually work, too. As do any drinks. I tend to use a RTD for that but I love lemonade & will switch back as the weather gets warmer (thanks for the reminder..I'll save some RTD bottles!)

lisa32989
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Hello all! What's your thoughts on corn beef cabbage? Isn't ip safe minus the potatoes and onions?
I bought a well-trimmed brisket. I'll use my own spices & cabbage & rutabaga
Hubby wants some carrots so I'll probably pull out some juice & cook separatelyj

SFNinerGirl
03-11-2013, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback! :hug:

I am on Metformin for ovarian cysts which I have had since my ectopic pregnancy in 2009. Haven't had them since I started it which is good because they are quite painful.

I am looking forward to not needing to be on meds anymore but since I had a panic attack this morning before weigh in, I am thinking that I still need to be on them for now. :(

The freedom of never having another panic attack again will make everything with IP so worth it. To live a life free of those would be tremendous for me. Here's hoping :goodvibes:

Oh, and I'm done -2.3 pounds this week, bringing me to the weight I was when I got engaged back in 2009. So I'm happy and I think it I will hit my Easter goal :woohoo:

tam67green
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM

Divajean--what test did you doctor do to allow you to go off Metformin? Before IP, I was on Victoza and Metformin. I am now off the Victoza and my Metformin dosage went down from 2000 mg/day to 1000 mg. I'd LOVE to get off Metformin (the intestinal issues are getting old), but as of my A1C results in January (6.9) he only let me cut the Metformin in half, not drop it entirely. I have started to notice that I get light headed if I go too long without eating--wondering if that is related to low blood sugar and Metformin.

MntRose
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I had the exact same issue. My doc is re-screening me. Because of diabetes, I've had a triglyceride issue for some time, but she was sooo impressed with my cholesterol and A1C, but the triglycerides has her concerned. It's something she wants to keep screening to make sure it doesn't get out of control.

Do you know if you're still in the "normal" range?

No its not in the normal range, its 219 which means it's crossed into the High range of 200-499

ladylunk
03-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Happy Monday everyone. Weekend was busy and I fell off the wagon a bit...I hada few moments of guilt last night and realized that I hadn't felt guilty since starting IP. So today I am forgiving myself and moving forward OP. if my weight loss is not good this week, so be it. Live and Learn.

Yay for forgiving yourself and moving forward..

I also fell off the wagon last night. Kind of a planned cheat which I discussed with my coach and according to another thread her advice was way off, will have to go back and re read that section more carefully since I didn't see it until after the cheating. Anyway before last night I had been 100% OP for 52 days! That for me is very good. And I am so happy with that. I am also happy to be back to OP today as I really didn't feel great this morning. I was feeling guilty last night at some points and that was silly as I have just over two weeks left of OP and then I am totally going off anyway, maybe will bring some shakes and bars on holiday, but don't think I am bringing supplements or anything. Mid April I will be back OP with 10 or 15 or maybe 20 pounds to lose.....Depending on how much I gain while away. Anyway that's the plan at this point. I was so worried that I would crave the bad foods today, but so far it's the exact opposite. I only want my allowable foods. Let's hope this sticks around over the next few days while am getting back on track....

SpittenImage
03-11-2013, 05:12 PM
I may be repeating old information but I got so excited to see that peanut butter soy puffs just like IP are now offered thru Nashuas site, "protithin peanut & caramel soy snacks" ::)

leannekarella
03-11-2013, 05:25 PM
No its not in the normal range, its 219 which means it's crossed into the High range of 200-499

Do you remember what you had for dinner the night before?

There was one time I had SUPER HIGH, and I'd eaten a steak(higher fat) for dinner. This messed with my test.

I try to eat lean meats for 3 days leading up to the triglyceride test to make sure my food didn't mess with it. You should ask your doc to run another test to check it, and try eating very lean for a few days leading up to it.

Mine is still in the normal range, but way up at the high side, and I am on Lipidil for it, have been for years, so she was concerned it's moving up. I'm getting tested in another 2 weeks.

ann306
03-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Okay two things about the IUD, some of them have no hormones whatsoever because that's not how they block the act of conception. So while I would say your likely safe from an unwanted pregnancy, I would also strongly advise you to use extra protection if this is something you want to avoid for the time being. Second I currently have a Mirena IUD in place and although I don't feel like I am losing very fast, I also don't think I am losing slower than a fair amount of people here either. To me given the time I have spent on the forums and on the diet, I feel like I am somewhere in the 'bell curve' at about average. I am happy with the way my body is feeling and how my clothes are starting the droop.

Thank you for the information. I spoke to pharmacist today and she said with an IUD you should not have to worry. She is also interested and looking into it and will contact me with more information.
Have a wonderful day!!

ann306
03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
So I went to my weigh in today and in one month I have lost 13.5 pounds and 16 inches. Iam so happy with this program and it great to have this forum to share your news and for support.
Have a wonderful day everyone!!:carrot:

fitandfabfrog
03-11-2013, 07:02 PM
So I went to my weigh in today and in one month I have lost 13.5 pounds and 16 inches. Iam so happy with this program and it great to have this forum to share your news and for support.
Have a wonderful day everyone!!:carrot:

:cp:

Spiritman
03-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Had a good day at work today - NSV a few more commented about how I have lost weight and that I was looking good.

The biggest NSV for me thus far - actually getting up out of a chair without having it stick to my azz - well actually not having my hips get caught up in the arm rests.

becca46200
03-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Hello everybody, I am so exited yesterday I baked some muffins and they're delicious, I'm loosing about 3 lbs per week I lost a total of 26 lbs and that's thanks to you girls!

Mother of the Groom
03-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Had a good day at work today - NSV a few more commented about how I have lost weight and that I was looking good.

The biggest NSV for me thus far - actually getting up out of a chair without having it stick to my azz - well actually not having my hips get caught up in the arm rests.

Lol..it's the funniest things that mean so much. I'm looking forward to my next plane ride..I hated those little seats :)

Hello everybody, I am so exited yesterday I baked some muffins and they're delicious, I'm loosing about 3 lbs per week I lost a total of 26 lbs and that's thanks to you girls!

:bravo: you are doing great!

funstaffordmom
03-11-2013, 07:55 PM
OK, I officially HATE cauliflower!!! I made cauliflower rice and tonight I made MOTG faux potato salad. I could only tolerate a few bites. But in all honestly, I am a picky potato salad eater. It has to have mayo not miracle whip and pickles.

Mother of the Groom
03-11-2013, 08:06 PM
OK, I officially HATE cauliflower!!! I made cauliflower rice and tonight I made MOTG faux potato salad. I could only tolerate a few bites. But in all honestly, I am a picky potato salad eater. It has to have mayo not miracle whip and pickles.

Oh no, sorry to hear you didn't like it. :( Maybe you could adjust the ingredients to something still op that you like more. I did find a recipes that used turnip instead of cauliflower in the potato salad. In fact that gave me the idea to use small cubed turnip and sauted them like hash browns. Added a dribble of BBQ sauce and it was a great substitute.

funstaffordmom
03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Mother of the Groom;4664131]Oh no, sorry to hear you didn't like it. :( QUOTE]

Strangly, I LOVE cauliflower raw with ranch dip, in a salad with 1k Island, or steamed with cheese. I found a recipe for roasted cauliflower that I'll try...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/roasted-cauliflower-recipe/index.html

Wish me luck ;)

scorbett1103
03-11-2013, 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=Mother of the Groom;4664131]Oh no, sorry to hear you didn't like it. :( QUOTE]

Strangly, I LOVE cauliflower raw with ranch dip, in a salad with 1k Island, or steamed with cheese. I found a recipe for roasted cauliflower that I'll try...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/roasted-cauliflower-recipe/index.html

Wish me luck ;)

I roast cauliflower almost daily (really, I now roast most of my veggies!) - just toss with some oil, spread on a cookie sheet and season (sometimes I do chili powder and garlic, sometimes just sea salt and paprika) - bake at 425 until they are browned! Yum!

M35A2
03-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Someone a while back had a recipe for mayonaise that was still OP. Anyone know what thread that was in or have a copy of it?

scorbett1103
03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Someone a while back had a recipe for mayonaise that was still OP. Anyone know what thread that was in or have a copy of it?

It's from Rainbow's first Mix'n in the Kitch'n thread, first post

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4387315-post1.html

DannaA
03-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Thank you for the information. I spoke to pharmacist today and she said with an IUD you should not have to worry. She is also interested and looking into it and will contact me with more information.
Have a wonderful day!!

I just wanted to add my two cents.. for what they are worth.. I am only on day 5. I have lost 15 pounds in 5 days on IP.... using alternatives only... so I dont know that having a Mirena in would affect how quickly you lose. I feel that is a LOT in the first week (i think my bodies way of telling me its about time i found the right program??!!) But I would be really concerned if without Mirena I was to lose even more! I still have 2 days till weigh in.. but check every morning... so for me.. no having the IUD hasnt affected my weight loss! (and apparently I am also heading into TOM...)

tbone39
03-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks for your help.