Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

Default Do it yourself question

Hey all, I've been a lurker and seldom poster on this site for a while now, swore I was going to start my diet about 10 times and have actually GAINED 20 lbs since joining the site. I digress. I finally started eating really healthy on the first of this month, and I am really interested in Ideal protein. PROBLEM: I'm a poor college student. So I'd like to just kinda of get the basic principles down, and I have a couple questions.

Protein shakes that are low carb, yes or no? I've found one on amazon that looks promising (18g protein per serving, only 1.5 carbs)

And, can you not have fruit as in...ever? Which veggies are your favorites that you can eat any time? I LOVE veggies, and fruits, so I'm just curious, which ones can I munch on without having to panic?

Thanks all for any advice!
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

If you go to the Newbie thread (sticky at the top of the forum), you will find the answers to most of your questions, including the official Ideal protein protocol sheets that tell you what you can have, what is limited and what is off limits.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

You will also find information on what products are compatible with Ideal Protein. They are LONG threads but you really need to take the time to read through them, you will find product info, where to buy, and guidelines for nutritional content. Not all protein shakes are OK to have when using Ideal protein - calorie count, fat content, carbs and protein ALL matter so you need to have a good handle on what the guidelines are.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

The Ideal protein plan IS highly restrictive - but it does work. It is NOT a diet you can fall in and out of like Weight Watchers, because part of the diet is putting your body in a state of ketosis (when your body actually stops converting sugar for energy and converts fat for energy). Take the time to read the materials, consider whether it's a plan you can commit to AND whether you can commit to it without the accountability of a coach, including set weekly weigh ins.

good luck!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

Thanks! I don't know how I overlooked that.
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote