Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default What a good birthday!

Too good of a birthday... I have made some absolute awful choices this weekend and I don't know for sure what the damage will be... Lots of deep fried goodness has been consumed plus alcohol and just good lord at myself! I weighed today and saw 163 from a previous weigh-in of 156 (I'm guessing a lot of that is water plus I had just eaten breakfast and had my full work outfit on, lol)... And I was just really amazed at how easy it was for that number to shoot up! I didn't even feel like I was eating THAT much overall this week. I wasn't exercising, no, but was tracking calories an I might have gone over a little but here and there but not enough to gain THAT much back!

But this time, instead of whining, I'm just gonna get back on track. A lot of tag is water, it can't be fat, and it will come off and I WILL get to goal. I'm determined for this to happen!

The end.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5'0"

My birthday was Thursday and I too threw discipline to the wind and ate a lot. That trend continued through the weekend and now I have Girl Scout Cookies sitting on my counter. Ouch!

Ditto what you said. Back on track and one bad weekend is not the end of the world.

Since right after Christmas I cut out a lot of the junk I'd been eating. It's pretty frightening how easy the snacking on junk comes back. I'll basically have to spend this week detoxing.
emurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Happy birthday!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

I'm glad you had a great birthday (happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!). That weight will come off again in no time! It took me about a week to work off my vacation weight, so I'm betting it won't be long for you. Booze always makes the number on my scale shoot up the day after, and I think it's the same for a lot of other people.

It sounds like you're in a great place mentally, and I think it's fab that you enjoyed yourself and are now back on track! Way to go!
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #5  

Happy Birthday, glad you enjoyed your day!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #6  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Happy Birthday to you! (Both!!)

Getting back on track is the best present... but I am glad you had Fun Fun Fun!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #7  

Well you have made a lot of posts lately about wanting to eat like a 'normal person' and not be so mindful of what you eat all the time... and that's what happens! Normal people eat too much and gain weight!

A lot of those 'normal people' don't generally make the choice to see that gain, have the wherewithal to know its mostly water, and especially not to get themselves back on track and make good choices!

Hooray for NOT being normal!!

Happy birthday... glad you enjoyed it.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #8  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Happy birthday Mimsy! (and emurph too!!)

I'm glad you had a great time, and hope the "fake weight" comes off quickly!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

That's why I said its not worth it to me to have too much 'fun' on my birthday, anymore . If I make a cake, it will be one that has plan appropriate ingredients. If I want restaurant food, I'll make it choices that fit with my way of eating. And as was pointed out by Jocelyn, this happens to normal folks, too - maintaining and eating 'normally' involves an awareness of SOME parameter of body measurement (scale or pants size is common) and correcting an issue if one fall outside of their predetermined range. Bouncing up and down in a five-ish pound window IS normal for maintaining, the success lies in getting control of the weight when it slips up or down too far.

Some folks do this naturally, but most that I know are just as aware of their body size/weight as I am. The ones who aren't are those generally complaining of having gained weight over the years and now struggling to take it off . I truly know very, very few people who don't put at least SOME restrictions on their energy intake, be it from cutting back portions or food types to naturally feeling over-full after a birthday like you describe, and eating more lightly in the following days.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #10  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
Well you have made a lot of posts lately about wanting to eat like a 'normal person' and not be so mindful of what you eat all the time... and that's what happens! Normal people eat too much and gain weight!

A lot of those 'normal people' don't generally make the choice to see that gain, have the wherewithal to know its mostly water, and especially not to get themselves back on track and make good choices!

Hooray for NOT being normal!!

Happy birthday... glad you enjoyed it.
I think a better way to put it is that it's not that that I don't want to be MINDFUL about my food choices; I just wish sometimes I didn't have to be so.. well, for lack of a better term, ANAL about it. But, reality is I probably will have to be anal about it at least for a little while before I get into the swing of what maintenance will mean for me.

I know I've been out with people that are just vocal about it; like they'll say, "Gah! This is way too much food for me to eat! There's no way I'll be able to finish that!" ... and then they don't. They eat about half, and either box up or throw away the part they don't eat. Me? I have to either order the exact portion I'm going to eat, or box it up before I get started, otherwise I'll end up eating til I'm "full", and then I'll just mindlessly pick at it because it tastes good and I don't want it to end, lol. I think part of it's because I've been conditioned to clean my plate when I'm eating, and that's a REALLY hard thing to break out of!

However, I like the way you put it... I should celebrate not being normal. Cause "normal" people don't even weigh themselves on a regular basis, lol. They'd eat like that and not even think about it; I knew to assess the damage and catch it before it turned into a down slide. I like to think, in that case, that I'm more awesome than normal people. I've outsmarted them. XD

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! Cheers to having more happy birthdays to come.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Happy birthday to both of you!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote