Ideal Protein Diet - Results from Physical

View Full Version : Results from Physical

Ojenchilada
02-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Week before last, I had a really thorough physical. I talked with my GP about IP and my concerns that the caloric intake might be too low. He went over my food journal with me and said that the caloric intake was fine due to the amount of protein and that he fully supports this protocol. But he also said we would look at my blood and urine results to ensure that I am getting enough nutrients, etc. (He is an expert on obesity, having spent several years in an obesity research center.). I promised a follow-up post when I could.

Well, results are in, and...

All lab results were perfect and ekg and chest x-ray looked great. other than a low resting metabolic rate, I am 100% healthy. I thank God for the health with which I have been blessed despite all my bad decisions. And I hope that what I am learning about this way of eating will help me maintain this health for many years to come.

JenRem
02-22-2013, 11:59 PM
I thank God for the health with which I have been blessed despite all my bad decisions. And I hope that what I am learning about this way of eating will help me maintain this health for many years to come.

That is so awesome and probably a huge relief for you to have great and normal lab results. I really appreciate and admire your terrific, grateful additude in the above comment. God Bless! Jen

leannekarella
02-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Sounds wonderful! And it's great you have such a supportive doctor.

SFNinerGirl
02-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Great news. I too got a perfect health report card a few months ago. I am just overweight! Absolutely everything else was perfect.... the entire work up. I promised myself that I would do anything to keep it that way too and stop making excuses. That's when I started IP.

In regards to the low calorie diet, a very smart doctor once said something memorable to me: No one ever died from eating less.

It's resonated with me every since. And the truth is that he's right.

Congrats on the clean bill of health!

Ojenchilada
02-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks y'all. I am happy about my current health, but I am thrilled about the confirmation that IP is a good program that is worth following.

And congrats to you too, SFNinerGirl.

BeccaGrim
02-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Great work!!

Cheekyskeeter
02-23-2013, 06:01 AM
That's great news!

ultramommynine
02-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Yay! It's awesome to have a medical professional back up what you know is the right plan for you. I HATE arguing with doctors! So glad you don't have to and congrats on your clean bill of health!