View Full Version : IP Gratitude Journal

Ojenchilada
02-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Five things for which I am grateful that have resulted from IP:

(1) Having hope of winning the battle this time
(2) No acid reflux in 6 weeks!
(3) Being able to donate too-big clothes to Goodwill
(4) My feet don't hurt.
(5) Compliments! (even if some of them are about how great my hair looks--with no change to hairstyle :) )

What are you thankful for?

meinvt
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Love this. I'm grateful for all those things too, plus:

Finally using up all the spices in my cabinet!
Making a dent in the "hot sauce shelf" in my refrigerator door.
Never again throwing away wilted veggies lost in the back.
Sweet children that say "that looks yummy mom" even though it really doesn't:T

animallover
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
As I'm getting dressed to go for my weigh in today, the jeans that I started this journey in are so loose that I can put them on without undoing the zipper and button. I wanted to always weigh in the same outfit (for consistency), but it looks like I won't be wearing these any more! I'm so grateful that I can now donate these to Goodwill :)

Roo2
02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
I love this idea:)
I am grateful that I started on Ideal Protein diet during a very turbulent time and was able to accomplish my goals.
I like the Ideal Protein model (I believe it is a deliberate model they use) of holding you accountable and not buying into all the excuses, Let's be real if what you were doing was working for you ...You would not be on this diet.
I am grateful for a wonderful coach that helps keep you focused on your set goals and provides a framework to succeed!
I am grateful that this major Regular Soda addict Kicked the Habit.
So happy no reflux:carrot:
So happy about increased flexibility!
I can wear a junior small:carrot:
I can shop my teenagers closet:D
There is a maintenance program that will help with the transition to healthy eating.
I accomplished my goal in a relatively short period of time, I have ADD so my attention span is short:D
Simple! Just work the plan
My health has improved
Love the daily Video emails and Love Denver:D
Roo2

4Mom
02-20-2013, 11:55 AM
1) No more red painful rings around my waist from my pants.
2) Gaining self confidence again.
3) All the wonderful complements.
4) No acid reflux.
5) fitting into all those boxes of stored clothes.

Most of all I'm grateful to IP for giving me my life back. :flow2:

jeffiner
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Each night I go to bed and think" wow..I made it another day OP"

crazynette826
02-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Love this idea!!
1. Clothes that don't fit!! (Too loose!)
2. Rutabaga fries! Never would have tried these without IP.
3. No acid reflux!
4. Something's finally working!!!

itzconni3
02-20-2013, 11:34 PM
1. this is working, its really working!
2. my ankles are no longer painfully swollen
3. I can now walk and talk at the same time

Ojenchilada
02-20-2013, 11:34 PM
It makes me so happy to see all these great comments. After sitting through our weekly movie theater date night with the smell of popcorn, butter, and candy--it is really helpful to remind myself why it is worth it. :)

Tziri
02-20-2013, 11:38 PM
1) My shrinking double-gut!
2) Getting out of plus sizes
3) Helping me lose more weight than I ever have before
4) Finding some great recipes that I will still use in maintenance
5) No sore feet
6) The Spinach Mocha Latte (mmmmmmmmmmmm)
7) I'm also going to put compliments
8) Rutabagas and Jicama
9) Lots of energy and sleeping all night

leannekarella
02-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Biggest one - My teenage daughter came up to me, put her arms AROUND my middle and went OMG, MOM! I can reach all the way around you!

She's 15 and has never been able to totally hug me. Made me tear up.

Next biggest - My A1C was NORMAL for the first time in 8 years.

Ojenchilada
02-22-2013, 02:03 PM
(6) Getting to wear jeans again -- and with a belt to keep 'em up now!
(7) I don't look like my profile pic anymore.
(8) Husband is amazed by the visible results--and tells me I *must* have lot more than I am telling him about. :)

benice
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Getting to wear jeans again! I agree!

Feeling like myself again, in general.

Having the mirror reflect my mental image of myself.

Training sessions are so much easier!

Suzali
02-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Thankful I don't have to do the squatty thing to stretch out my jeans because they are too tight.
No longer have to air dry t- shirts and stretch them out before I wear them.
Not thinking about food all.the.time. I eat because I'm hungry not because I'm stressed or bored.
Love my hubby's encouragement and acknowledgement that I'm working hard to lose weight and stay on plan and all the compliments he gives me.
Can't wait to see my son who will be home from college in a week(I've lost 20 pounds since I've seen him last)

My2loseW8
02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Great Thread! Wonderful idea! Feels like my Oscars speech!

1. Supportive husband and family
2. Easy plan, that works- nothing else was as easy or worked so well for me!
3. The idea that I can actual attain a goal that I never thought was possible
4. Agreed on the Jicama and Rutabagas- I will add cauliflower!
5. Rainbow and LizRR- and all the other awesome recipe makers on here!
6. My little (now smaller too) brother who brought this to my life
7. 3FC IP forums for all the coaching and support

LosingLawyer
02-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Love this thread. So many things I am thankful for.

(1) IP is the first diet that really has made me re-examine how I was eating and realize that I need to make a total lifestyle change (I don't think I'm ever going back to eating processed food and carbs).
(2) Being able to travel comfortably (vacations are so much more enjoyable when you fit into airplane seats, don't get winded walking all day, etc.)
(3) Getting back into exercise and playing sports.
(4) Shopping at regular stores! Just moved into size 16 and either L or XL tops - I'm loving it!
(5) The compliments!

ginettepv
02-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Awesome idea
1. A fabulous husband who is cooking and doing groceries and got the whole family eating like me, even my 18 year old son.
2. a great trainer who is helping me to continue to work out during this and .
3.Great family and girlfriends (three in particular who are amazing) who encourage me.
4. I am now in my smallest size clothes in my closest. Everything else has gone to Goodwill. Can't remember the last time I was in a size 14.
5. Continued weight loss.
6. the easiness of this plan
7. the many compliments that are new to me.
8. The thought that I just might finally reach my goal in May. (two years ago, I had said I wanted to be at least or lower than the weight I was when I got married 25 years ago.). I was very discouraged at xmas after almost two years of training and strict diet, that I was not going to meet this goal this May on my 25th wedding anniversary. But with IP, I think I can.
6. Energy

PacNW IP
02-22-2013, 03:19 PM
1. Feeling good about myself and liking what I see in the mirror.
2. Knowing that this plan is training me to make healthy choices for the rest of my life.
3. Trying lots of fun new vegetables thanks to the information I get on 3FC!
4. Awesome recipes that go to show that just about any food can be adapted to a healthier version.
5. Awareness about food and society in general, and learning to see food in a different way.

Ojenchilada
02-22-2013, 04:04 PM
I absolutely love all these replies and hope to visit this thread on difficult days to remind myself why I'm doing this. :) Thanks for playing, everyone!

tam67green
02-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Great idea for a thread! And I'm in a "funk' lately, so I need it!

1. I love that I no longer have that conspicuous "Am I the fattest person in the room?" feeling!
2. My A1C is close to normal now and IP made it possible for me to drop one diabetes medication and cut the dosage on another one in half!
3. Fitting into old clothes that I had put away.
4. The compliments from people that haven't seen me in a while!
5. I have wonderful friends, co-workers and family members who support me and have only positive things to say about my weight loss and my self control. The most negative comment I have heard is my DH joking that I "eat like a baby rabbit".
6. Things that I can look forward to in warmer weather: teaching my son to play tennis this summer, riding amusement park rides again, feeling much better about going to the pool!

Ojenchilada
02-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Those are really good ones. I kind of felt myself slipping into a feeling-sorry-for-myself funk too, but this thread is helping. :)

Stormcrazie
02-23-2013, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE=Ojenchilada;4639555]Five things for which I am grateful that have resulted from IP:

(1) Having hope of winning the battle this time
(2) No acid reflux in 6 weeks!
(3) Being able to donate too-big clothes to Goodwill
(4) My feet don't hurt.
(5) Compliments! (even if some of them are about how great my hair looks--with no change to hairstyle :) )

What are you thankful for?(5) Compliments! (even if some of them are about how great my hair looks--with no change to hairstyle

I'm a thankful returning IP'er and my first time on this plan I used to hear this all the time the comment was...your hair looks great, did you just get it cut? I hadn't but I now had a NECK so it looked like I had! :) loved it :D

Msbehaving
02-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Great thread idea. I am thankful for:

1. Hope FINALLY that I will be successful in getting control of my weight!
2. Supportive husband, family, friends and co-workers
3. This forum for education, advice and support
4. Finally unpacking boxes of too small clothes
5. Grandkids - got 4 and number 5 will be here in 5 weeks

Wishing everyone a 100% on plan weekend.

Ojenchilada
02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm a thankful returning IP'er and my first time on this plan I used to hear this all the time the comment was...your hair looks great, did you just get it cut? I hadn't but I now had a NECK so it looked like I had! :) loved it :D

:rofl: Exactly! I keep thinking the same thing!

50harvest
02-23-2013, 05:46 PM
I love the idea of a gratitude journal!

Things for which I am grateful that have resulted from IP:
-I've cut my use of 5 hour energy drinks to almost none
-Jicama is my new favorite veggie
-Making veggie purees instead of letting veggies spoil in the frig :carrot:

JenRem
02-23-2013, 11:30 PM
5. Grandkids - got 4 and number 5 will be here in 5 weeks

How exciting...... Congrats! They are so worth getting healthy so you can live a great life and see them grow!

ecmcnamee
02-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Love this .... I'm entering week 3 but am thankful for

1. Clothes that were too tight are now actually fitting
2. Looking forward to getting into all the spring/summer clothes I couldn't wear last year
3. Changes I can see in my face already ... skin is glowing
4. Empowerment ... I am actually doing this and it feels sustainable.

Ojenchilada
02-25-2013, 02:55 PM
(9) Wildberry Yogurt Drink. I miss fruit so much, but these little treats at lunch make me feel like I can endure. :)

Roo2
02-27-2013, 09:26 AM
I am grateful I have learned to focus my efforts and energy in positive ways.

today I am embracing winter in the Midwest ..the feel of the cold air on my skin.
March is coming put my Saint Patrick's Day placements on the table, Shamrock twinkling in the window, but I have to wait till the snow dissipates to put all the outside decorations up!
I am soo grateful for Holidays to look forward to and a Husband that knows I love to decorate for all the holidays and is so willing to help me achieve decorating Nirvana !

I am grateful that I can enjoy the simple things like watching children build a snowman, or my dogs romping in the snow.

I am grateful my car is able to be fixed after 2 Deer ran into my car ,and thank goodness the airbag did not deploy or they would have totaled the car.
I'm glad that I have a few days off before going back to work to spend with my family.
I am grateful that my mom is still with me..she has a lot of physical and cognitive challenges ...but I have learned so much about having patience and persevering... And knowing what is truly important in life.

Life is too precious to waste being miserable ....Happiness is a choice... I chose to be happy today ...even though there are problems and challenges I may never overcome..

I want to impart in my children to be happy today , and not put it off to I'll be happy when this happens or I when I get that....

I'm grateful I made it through another day being OP.:carrot:

I'm grateful my Husband will stay home this evening while Chance my Airedale and I go to dog class and train for him to be a Therapy dog.:carrot:

I know he be such a blessing to people that are hospitalized ...I am so proud of my Big Boy.
So that is what on my agenda to be grateful about.
I have an Agenda for the day ...it helps keep me to stay on track and keep me from eating mindlessly.
Roo2:carrot::carrot: