Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 2/4/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #2  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Just did my WI and down 2.6!!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #3  

Good morning from sunny south FL!

I've had a bit of Internet connectivity issue with the ipad. It is resolved now
Our hotel room has an efficiency so we have a stove, microwave, refrigerator. Had I known there was a blender, I'd have brought some chocolate pudding mix for smoothies! I think I have an extra vanilla so I'll make one with coffee today (I've learned to ALWAYS bring a few extra packs)

The concert Sat was GREAT! We flew Sat am so it was a VERY long day. I added an extra. Yesterday we did some exploring and had some beach time. We also explored to find a place to watch the superbowl.

The funny thing (everyone in the North will understand) is that everyone down here is commenting that it is chilly. Yesterday morning started out in the low 50s. I wore a sweatshirt in the evening before the concert but other than that, just long sleeves.

Once the sun warmed things up yesterday (after about 10 am) we had a great time relaxing on the beach before heading out for lunch and exploring.

We have another beach day scheduled today -and tomorrow, since we don't need to be at the airport til about 5 pm tomorrow.

What a great long weekend break from winter!

Oh, and I bought a swimsuit for the trip FOUR SIZES smaller than my swimsuits I just gave away. I won't buy more til goal. The one I got is snug so it'll "make due" as I continue to reduce.

Restaurant choices have been strange but I've made the best choices possible and calling it all good! I sure am glad for fresh seafood and a close-by grocery store.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #4  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone. Great wi Pocahontas. Lisa sounds like your having a great vacation. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Good morning! Just did my WI and down 2.6!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good morning from sunny south FL!

I've had a bit of Internet connectivity issue with the ipad. It is resolved now
Our hotel room has an efficiency so we have a stove, microwave, refrigerator. Had I known there was a blender, I'd have brought some chocolate pudding mix for smoothies! I think I have an extra vanilla so I'll make one with coffee today (I've learned to ALWAYS bring a few extra packs)

The concert Sat was GREAT! We flew Sat am so it was a VERY long day. I added an extra. Yesterday we did some exploring and had some beach time. We also explored to find a place to watch the superbowl.

The funny thing (everyone in the North will understand) is that everyone down here is commenting that it is chilly. Yesterday morning started out in the low 50s. I wore a sweatshirt in the evening before the concert but other than that, just long sleeves.

Once the sun warmed things up yesterday (after about 10 am) we had a great time relaxing on the beach before heading out for lunch and exploring.

We have another beach day scheduled today -and tomorrow, since we don't need to be at the airport til about 5 pm tomorrow.

What a great long weekend break from winter!

Oh, and I bought a swimsuit for the trip FOUR SIZES smaller than my swimsuits I just gave away. I won't buy more til goal. The one I got is snug so it'll "make due" as I continue to reduce.

Restaurant choices have been strange but I've made the best choices possible and calling it all good! I sure am glad for fresh seafood and a close-by grocery store.
Haha Lisa, I know what you mean about people down there thinking it's chilly! When I live in Orlando years ago, my roomie and I were the only ones using the pool from Oct to April1 And the neighbors would be looking out their windows shaling their heads! LOL And four sizes smaller!!!! Wowser!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Good Morning everyone! Is it sad that I actually look forward to Monday mornings to make this food plan easier...the weekends just throw so many curve balls at me. Good news is that I made it through my sons blue and gold diner and the superbowl without going off plan.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning. I tried something new this weekend and thought I'd share with the group. I cut Jicama into cubes, added fresh lime juice and sprinkled with chili powder and sea salt. Coated everything real nice and let set for about 15 minutes in the fridge. Needless to say I ate the entire bowl.

Enjoy
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Texan, I made jicama chips with cinnamon and WF syrup this weekend...never thought about making them spicy! I love spicy!! Will def try it!

I went off plan this weekend...drank wine. I ate perfectly but the wine was tough to resist! Oh well, back OP today!! If my weight loss is slow, I know it's my own fault! But I did not cave in to the "I screwed up anyways, so I might as well eat some choc chip banana bread" (As much as I wanted to!! LOL)
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Texan, I made jicama chips with cinnamon and WF syrup this weekend...never thought about making them spicy! I love spicy!! Will def try it!

I went off plan this weekend...drank wine. I ate perfectly but the wine was tough to resist! Oh well, back OP today!! If my weight loss is slow, I know it's my own fault! But I did not cave in to the "I screwed up anyways, so I might as well eat some choc chip banana bread" (As much as I wanted to!! LOL)
good for you mrskuby! get back on plan!

A1 I need to try jicama, don't even know what it looks like. Bought rutabaga for the second time in my life. Didn't know what it looked like either.

I am on Phase 2 and gently introducing light weights. Need to take a lot of powdered vitamin c, been getting a lot of fevers, albeit low grade at night.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Jicama

Here is what Jicama looks like

Last edited by A1Texan; 05-02-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #11  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday everyone! I have to be honest until this diet I didn't know what rutabagas were and until today had never heard of jicamas either. I'm going to look for those next time we go to the grocery store.

I've been OP since I started IP 3 and a 1/2 weeks ago and except for the first couple of days I've felt great. Well yesterday my DH and I were at the grocery store picking up more veggies and all of a sudden I felt extremely lightheaded and thankfully had the cart there to hang on to. When DH walked up he took one look at my face and said all the colour had left me and he could tell I was on the verge of passing out. He went and grabbed a bottle of water and helped me out to the car. I felt like that all day. I've made an app't with my Doctor as I'm on blood pressure meds so wondering if perhaps my BP has dropped due to IP.....with meds I sit at 110/70 usually so if I dropped lower I wonder if that could have caused that. It was not a pleasant feeling at all. Nothing else had varied in my plan....I've followed the plan 100%.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Daily Chatters,

Busy weekend, but fun, stayed 100%!

Poca - Great WI
Lisa
- I am jealous, I need sun. Although this morning it was all the way up to 16, beats the single digits. lol

I get a day off today, so for me it's off to my sew/quilt room and of course, a few loads of laundry.

This is my 2nd time on IP and I have made it to the point where I truly am not hungry or have cravings. I have to actually tell myself to go eat, it happened last time around 5 weeks and I sailed through 5 months, so here's hoping it is fairly clear sailing.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=Cheekyskeeter;4620607]Happy Monday everyone! I have to be honest until this diet I didn't know what rutabagas were and until today had never heard of jicamas either. I'm going to look for those next time we go to the grocery store.

I've been OP since I started IP 3 and a 1/2 weeks ago and except for the first couple of days I've felt great. Well yesterday my DH and I were at the grocery store picking up more veggies and all of a sudden I felt extremely lightheaded and thankfully had the cart there to hang on to. When DH walked up he took one look at my face and said all the colour had left me and he could tell I was on the verge of passing out. He went and grabbed a bottle of water and helped me out to the car. I felt like that all day. I've made an app't with my Doctor as I'm on blood pressure meds so wondering if perhaps my BP has dropped due to IP.....with meds I sit at 110/70 usually so if I dropped lower I wonder if that could have caused that. It was not a pleasant feeling at all. Nothing else had varied in my plan....I've followed the plan 100%.[/QUOT

I bet it is your BP. Mine is naturally low and my doctor constantly tells me to be sure and use salt and I say "how many 55 yr olds have this problem and she laughs. I had my physical a couple of weeks ago and I was at 90/58 and she said "Karen, go have some salt", I mostly notice it low first thing in the morning, no jumping out of bed. It is amazing how quickly this program can help your medical stats. Good Luck and maybe your doctor will suggest the Alternative plan if he/she thinks you may be a little hyperglycemic, I know someone else recently switched and now she feels better, maybe she will pop in and give you some info.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #14  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I've always suffered from High BP (would sit without meds at 170/120 usually). It took a lot of switching meds to get it to the normal range which is where it's sat for 2 and a 1/2 years. It would be great if I could stop taking my BP meds altogether (fingers crossed!!!).
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

A1 - Thank you for the Jicama photo, was on my to do list
Closed Thread