100 lb. Club - February- Month of ___________

View Full Version : February- Month of ___________

lunarsongbird
02-02-2013, 05:08 PM
I love new beginnings! Every month is definitely a new beginning.

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

It's around this time of year- Groundhog's day, February 2nd, when people begin to wish for Spring. Groundhound Day is actually quite an old concept. People have found mention of it in journals dating back to the 1840s.

It originates back to Pagan rituals, specifically the celebration of Imbolc/Candlemass, which is the midpoint between the winter and spring. It's a time of anticipation of spring and the sun.

It's one of the first spring festivals. And if you take a walk today...look closely at the baren trees- you'll be surprised to see that their little buds are forming.

There is an old Scottish saying:
As the light grows longer
The cold grows stronger
If Candlemas be fair and bright
Winter will have another flight
If Candlemas be cloud and rain
Winter will be gone and not come again
A farmer should on Candlemas day
Have half his corn and half his hay
On Candlemas day if thorns hang a drop
You can be sure of a good pea crop

As this is a new beginning- and possibly the beginning of spring for some, what will YOUR new beginning be?

What will February be? The Month of Exercise? The Month of Eating More Veggies? The Month of Water?

the shiv
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
The month of Awesome, I hope! Going into my 3rd month and I still don't feel like I'm "dieting". Plus, I hope I get to Onederland :D (it's 3lbs away so if I don't I'll be worried!).

Oh, and... the month of Learning. Learning how to cook more healthy foods, learning what my body reacts well to. I'm going to keep telling myself it's the month of Awesome, you know, positive thinking and all that ;)

Underwater
02-02-2013, 09:08 PM
February will be the month of the size 14 jeans for me!!! I am so close!

elvislover324
02-02-2013, 09:19 PM
February will be a month of Hope, Faith and New Beginnings for me. I'm having surgery next week with results available the following week and I am scared to death. I trust that God will take care of me and lead me where I am supposed to go. My life is going to change one way or another, I just hope it's the way I want.

CherryQuinn
02-02-2013, 09:20 PM
The month of studying lol im in newfoundland ill be lucky to see spring by the end of may. we have rain season, construction and hurricane august season, how did it get so cold so fast season, snow season and please make the snow stop now so we can get a bbq in before rain season season lol. february will also be the purge of the old month. gettin rid of my fat clothes. it will probably also be the exercise more month.

Elladorine
02-02-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm currently at 222, and I'm hoping this is the month I'll finally reach the long-awaited goal of being under 220. I turn 37 on the 16th and I haven't been anywhere under 220 since I was 13 years old. :dizzy:

lunarsongbird
02-04-2013, 10:56 AM
For me, February will be the month of serene peacefulness. I have been so anxious lately. I need to really work on it.

SarahFairhope
02-04-2013, 12:47 PM
The month of Awesome, I hope! )

Hehe! I like this one!!

Im hoping to get all my medical stuff done this month. I'm tired of going to appointments! So.. Month of Medical? Meh. ;P