South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Freezing Thursdaily - beach chat 1/24

Where are y'all!??!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #2  

Unfortunately, DD picked up DS' virus (wow, big surprise)...at 2:30 this am is when she decided to. Thank goodness for coffee!! She still gets croupy (I thought they drop that at 5 or 6, she's 8...), and it breaks my heart to hear that nasty cough up there. If it gets worse I'll take her to urgent care so she can breathe without crying . I get child duty til 11, then DH comes home to take over.

Had a clean phase 1.5 day yesterday, and hopefully again today. Easier to do when I'm at work all day! I think I'll jump on the bike now...I was originally going to at 6 am, but that was a big NO when DD got me up in the middle of the night.

Anyone have any exciting plans? BTW - it's a balmy 8 degrees here today .
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I'm here Tammy. A whopping 7 degrees. Woke up to the propane man filling my tank. I wanted to kiss him as the fireplace was on all day yesterday. I put it on before the coffee maker again today so you know it's cold. So sorry your DS has the virus Hope it passes quickly through your home with no more victims.

Boring day planned as it is too cold to venture anywhere, well except the grocery store. Need to get some teenage food for DS. He doesn't have school tomorrow so I roped him in to spending the night. Tomorrow he has a cardiac ultrasound and I the dreaded OBGYN at the same hospital. He has Marfan's, a connective tissue disorder that effects his joints (think Stretch Armstrong) sometimes it effects the heart so the dr wants a baseline echocardiogram. Most of his joints are OK, but his shoulders pop out very easily. He has gone to PT, but rarely does any of the exercises to build up the muscles to stabilize the joints.

Gee do you think the risk of the chicks ran off to Cuba to stay warm with Ruth???
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

I wish I could run off to Cuba to stay warm with Ruth lol, it hurt to breathe through my nose this morning on the commute in to work.

Tywnn sorry to hear that DD now has the virus too

Jennifer stay warm

Today busy day am in a workshop all day and then FINALLY I am getting my hair cut tonight. DH and DD1 are going to Hockey game tonight so DD2 and I are just going to stay home and hang out. Didn't get any laundry done last night not in the mood so hopefully I will get some done tonight.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm here! Slept later thanks to a combination of going to bed quite late post-theater and then taking a sleeping pill. I'm off to yoga this morning. Tonight DH and I babysit my 3 nephews at their place. I'd love to take a nap today but it seems whenever I try, I just get to sleep when DH stomps around the house somewhere and wakes me. Sigh.

My other plan for the day it to look at the exercise class schedule for when I am at the spa in late February. It was just posted today. On Monday we can contact the spa to schedule our "services" - like massages, facials, etc. So I like to plan around the classes. My mom takes me and my two SILs to Canyon Ranch every other year. It is a wonderful treat.

Keep warm!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Wow! After reading the temps you guys are having you will not hear any whining out of me. At least we are right at freezing!!

Yesterday was good and I almost got in my 10k steps. When it is cold and I don't go anywhere it is hard. Yes, I break out and jog in place one hundred steps at a time to get it up some haha. Can you just see an almost 300 lb woman doing this? I wish I could do more at once... Plus I had to sit for an hour during my sons practice and that is a bummer b/c I hate to see the graph on my fitbit show large amounts of butt time. haha

Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #7  

Wow, payday, you're doing awesome!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Where are y'all!??!
Good Morning

I was at the pet store at 7am giving Bing a bath and groom (2 hrs) and DH is chomping at the bit to get to the pool! I am hello anyway!

Twynn, I'm sorry the bug is going around your home...to be expected I guess.

I'd best be on my way....bbl

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-24-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! Just got my computer back after a week - and although I was able to follow along and read, I could not post from my kindle, as I have lost my own log-in information . . .

All goes well, although DD2 was home for 3 days last week with a never, and now DD1 seems to be repeating the situation. Fever, stuffy nose, but nothing else, so I am a happy mom!

Just now moving to 1.5 - had an apple Monday, a piece of whole wheat bread Tuesday, and a whole wheat pita yesterday. The only thing I keep craving is chips and salsa, but I always crave that, so no change there.

Back down to the dreaded 180, for the third time in 6 months. Here's to leaving it behind!

be well -
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

11 below this morning so I had trouble getting out of bed. Our bill is being introduced today and my kitchen pipes froze so it's been a very hectic morning Counting down to the weekend!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Cyndi that is horrible!!! I hope the pipe did not burst!!

Payday great job!!! Remember anytime you are moving you are lapping the person sitting on the couch. 10k steps a day is quite impressive!!

Bea glad you got your computer back and keep getting closer to your goal. It is great that you don't give up. Good luck in P1.5.

Gee Debbie you get more accomplished in a day before I had my first cup of coffee!! Enjoy your swim.

Karen what a lovely gift. So nice that you have girl time with you mom and SIL's. Enjoy every moment of it!!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

so cold and a light layer of snow on the ground here means I am indoors in my pjs all day!

Making a brown rice pudding for DW then scrapbooking - there is so much light with the reflection of the sun on the snow!

Have a good day all.
Closed Thread