Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - January 2013 - Everyone Welcome! - PART 2

Diana3271
01-18-2013, 06:20 AM
We are getting close to 500 posts in the first thread, so I started a new one. Let's make the second half of the month as good as the first! :carrot:

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month and a great year! :newyear:

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

mamakat
01-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Good news, bad news on the results of my gym. Bad is, it wasn't the batteries. Although, it counts calories, time, speed and so forth; resistance doesn't work. On the flip side, my treadmill is awesome. Or I am. Whatever the case, I have a new tool in the gym.

So, I got this treadmill in 2000 cuz my baby got super sick and had to live on a heart monitor. I was an avid gym goer at the time, never lost weight but that was because of health issues, but I loved the gym...so we began to build. In the beginning at 200, the treadie worked fine...so did I, but as baby grew so did I. Then 2001 hit and my world spun out of control, triggering PSTD and Bipolar at the same time. I had many lifestyle changes after that causing weight to skyrocket right up to 300. At 300, I had no balance and my treadmill had no umph to move me. I still deal with all my issues, but under 200 now, my treadie works for me again. And my balance! It was awesome. So while Green Day and I sang at the top of our lungs under ground, I climbed the same hill for an hour :D My hip was fatigued afterward, but when I woke up it only said "ow, could you move slower until I wake up". I'll do my best to do as it asks, but definitely going to hit the treadmill again today...as soon as I replace DH's cds! That man slipped boring rock into my only punk cd player...it went from Green Day to someone who sounded like he was sleep talking....snooze. Can't have that, it's my time to scream! I might have to get speakers for my IPOD for such an occasion.

I'm also down nearly 2 pounds, but still not at lowest. I only have 3 more months before the challenge is over to lose 20 lbs and I'm still working on pound one :p Better stop being lazy, I have no more excuses.

Diana writing is at a standstill right now, not because I don't know what to write, it's because I can't decide which route to take...do I go with the Prince and Princess' lovestory which I've barely touched upon? Or do I go with the mystery of the insane family? I just don't know...I've built it all up, presented the killer...but now I must put in my twists...which is finding 100 years worth of dead children...so creepy, I can't decide where to put them :p Pesky children. But Jack and Diane are still waiting to play in the parking lot of Frosty's ;) otherwise, it's not a lovestory. I know I should go with them, I know. But I love my plot of creepy family so much. But I gotta think of the reader...DH, DD and an unknown...we'll see. I write daily, I just say, no not that route by the end of the day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Missy Krissy
01-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Yesterday's Calories = 1509. Morning/Weekly WI = 145.6! Down 1.6 pounds from last week! *Does happy dance*

pinkflakes
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
good morning :)

calories yesterday-1456

Down 1 pound! yay :D

Alot of snow here and it is cold...wind chill 3 degrees

I hope everyone has a great day!

Missy Krissy
01-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Diana - Thanks for the new thread! Good luck with the thyroid tests, be sure to let us know how it went.

Ellemphriem - Good job on resisting the urge to binge! Keep it up.

Misti - Hang in there, the weight will come off!

Hello to everyone else.

Tonight is DH's and my date night! I can't tell you how excited I am to get out of the house with just him (mom is going to watch DS). We're going to go to Outback and maybe do something else, still don't know yet. Anyone have some other suggestions of what we could do besides eat? LOL. We live near Ann Arbor (a larger city) so there are a lot of options. It's been so long since we've had a date I don't know what to do :)

Amarantha2
01-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Good morning, all! There have been a lot of changes in my life recently (good mostly) but am hanging in with the weight management and my good calorie level challenge, plus doing the Fitbit steps, the 2-3 weight or circuit training workouts, plus 2-3 for fun DVDs such as Leslie, and some yoga and soon more things are to be added to my weeks. But for this long weekend I am just paying bills, watching calories & taking nana naps as well as stocking the pantry, lying low & not too communicative. Woot!

Hope everyone has a great day, thanks for the fresh new thread, Diana. This check-in sure moves fast and I apologize but I am not doing a great job of doing responses but I am enjoying reading everything. :wave:

bunnabear
01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
So the scale didn't really move too much at all this week (160.4 to 160.1) but I expected as much due to TOM.

I did get some decent measurement results despite bloating so that was a definite plus! Here is the overall picture since I started measurements 4 weeks ago.

Baseline to week 2 change:
Bust: down 3/4 of an inch
Below bust: down 1/2 inch
Waist: down 1 inch
Hips: down 1 inch
Thigh, left: down 1/2 inch
Thigh, right: down 1/2 inch

Week 2 to week 4 change
Bust: down 1 inch
Hips: down 1/2 inch
Thigh, left: down 1/4 inch
Thigh, right: down 1/4 inch

So that means my total inches lost in 4 weeks...
Bust: down 1.75 of an inch
Below bust: down 1 inch
Waist: down 2 inches!!!!
Hips: down 1.5 inch
Thigh, left: down 0.75 inch
Thigh, right: down 0.75 inch

That should be enough motivation to keep me forging ahead.

pinkflakes
01-18-2013, 10:21 AM
So the scale didn't really move too much at all this week (160.4 to 160.1) but I expected as much due to TOM.

I did get some decent measurement results despite bloating so that was a definite plus! Here is the overall picture since I started measurements 4 weeks ago.

Baseline to week 2 change:
Bust: down 3/4 of an inch
Hips: down 1 inch
Thigh, left: down 1/2 inch
Thigh, right: down 1/2 inch

Week 2 to week 4 change
Bust: down 1 inch
Hips: down 1/2 inch
Thigh, left: down 1/4 inch
Thigh, right: down 1/4 inch

So that means my total inches lost in 4 weeks...
Bust: down 1.75 of an inch
Below bust: down 1 inch
Waist: down 2 inches!!!!
Hips: down 1.5 inch
Thigh, left: down 0.75 inch
Thigh, right: down 0.75 inch

That should be enough motivation to keep me forging ahead.

Wow! Great job!!!:D

Psychic
01-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Decided to count calories today... Need a notebook to start recording each day. Planning on 1400 a day.

5 am - Breakfast - 232
Special K Cereal - 120 Calories
Almond Milk Vanilla - 90 Calories
Hershey Kiss - 22 Calories

8:30 am -Snack - 300
Clementine - Approximately 40 Calories
Coffee - Approximately 80 Calories
Special K Protein Bar - 180 Calories

12 pm - Lunch - 580
Subway 6" Turkey on Rosemary Sea Salt Bread w/ Mustard, Spinach, Pickles, and Mozzarella - Approximately 350 Calories
Voskos Strawberry Greek Yogurt - 120 Calories
Apple 3.5" - 110 Calories

6 pm - Dinner - 350
Edamame - 100 Calories
Tilapia - 110 Calories
Olive Oil and Dried Herbs - Approximately 80 Calories
Juicy Juice Fruitifuls Berry Cherry Burst - 60 Calories (Nutrition HERE (http://www.juicyjuice.com/Products/Fruitifuls/Berry-Cherry-Burst.aspx). Really not all that bad for juice.)

10 pm - Snack - 280
Trader Joe's Rosemary Foccacia - 280 Calories ( :o No Willpower)

Radiojane
01-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Good morning! This is a drive by as I'm on the way to the city to hit up a walk in clinic for some pain stuff to get me through until Tuesday, which is the earliest I can get in to a dentist. I have a high pain threshold, but this is ridiculous!

Down just under a pound to 353.5 today. Got my swim in, even with the sore jaw. Good news of the day is that my holdfast handbags purse got here today. It was a treat and I love it!

Yesterday calories in:1488
Salmon (What else? lol)
Broccoli
Spinach salad
eggs
almonds
pork chop with mayo spice sauce
mini babybel
mashed potato
one tim bit

Calories out:850
Swim

Marniadec
01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Missy Krissy - my first language is greek. I taught myself english by watching tv.

My cat broke my laptop's keyboard. I use the little plastic thingies under the buttons and she chewed on them. It's annoying. They're all torn, so I'm afraid that I'll completely ruin them before the new keyboard is here and the college stuff is done. So, I've abandoned the internet again. I did get down to 190, though!

bunnabear
01-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Decided to count calories today... Need a notebook to start recording each day. Planning on 1400 a day.

Have you tried Myfitnesspal to document? I used to struggle with documenting on paper but it's so easy with MFP that I've been diligent about documenting everything since I started. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but thought I'd throw it out there...and its free. :)

Rasagolla
01-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Congratulations to Bunnabear! Mamakat and Pinkflakes!
Thank you Novangel! I will try running for an hour at least over the weekend and see if that helps. Hang in there till TTOM is done:)
Diana, you are right I bet it is the caffeine
My calories yesterday: forgot to track (man!) because of work but i think it might have been over by 200
Exercise today: None
This weekend I am off with the kids to Disneyland hopefully standing in the lines and walking in insane crowds will help me lose one pound (only if i stay off the cotton candy and other theme park "food attractions:)"

Psychic
01-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Have you tried Myfitnesspal to document? I used to struggle with documenting on paper but it's so easy with MFP that I've been diligent about documenting everything since I started. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but thought I'd throw it out there...and its free. :)
Even though I'm around computers all day, I've always had trouble recording food online. I think I'd be more likely to write things down in a book.

Missy Krissy
01-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Psychic - I use pen and paper to keep track of my calories too. I used to use an excell spread sheet, but I much prefer my bright orange binder. Use whatever works for you!

alaskanlaughter
01-18-2013, 03:51 PM
i have a little notebook on my desk that i track foods, calories, medicines and exercise on...ive tracked every day for the last year or more...

went to work this morning, then to a meeting, then to the gym...now i'm ready to head back to work...

i also have a toothache(?)...i dont think really a toothache but just general pain on that side of my upper mouth...im thinking it's sinus related because the last time i had this, i went to teh dentist and x-rays showed a sinus infection instead of a cavity...but it seems to be related like i'll drink something cold, which aggravates my sensitive teeth, which aggravates the nerves which end in my sinus cavities, which then bother my sinuses....etc...so i'm just trying to be careful and if it gets worse, or doesn't clear up, i'll have it checked out

Diana3271
01-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

TTOM is kicking my butt today! I had to breakdown and take some Advil to help with the cramps. Hopefully the Advil will kick in pretty soon. I feel like total crap and a beached whale to boot!

Krissy Enjoy the new phone! Would you believe that I still use an old flip phone and it doesn't even have a camera! :D Congrats on the 1.6 pounds! I hope you and your DH have a lovely evening. :love:

Syckgirsfv Thanks for the info on the fiber bars. I will look for them the next time I'm at TJ's.

Ellemphriem Good job keeping your focus on your goal. :carrot:

Misti Keep working your plan! You are doing a great job.

Mamakat Yay on the treadmill! You are going to be rockin' or should I say punkin' (hmm is that a word? :lol:) that treadmill! :rofl: Congrats on the 2 pounds! Of course I would like the love story, but that might not be as interesting. I hope you have a fantastic day!

Pinkflakes Congrats on the pound!

Amarantha Glad to hear about the positive changes. Good job keeing it all going in your life.

Bunnabear Awesome job on those inches!

Psychic Good plan for the day.

Radiojane I hope you can get some relief for your toothache pain. :hug: I have never heard of a holdfast handbag. I will have to google it.

Marniadec I hope you can get your computer repaired quickly.

Rasagolla Enjoy Disneyland!

Diana3271
01-18-2013, 04:04 PM
alaskanlaughter Does you teeth bother you during TTOM? My teeth are sensitive, but they really bother me during TTOM.

Syckgirlsfv
01-18-2013, 04:35 PM
HI all!!! so it's Friday, I'm being SO good STILL, and the scale will not budge! Still 166. WTF? ARGH!

Breakfast was a sweet potato and some deli ham 190 calories

I did have a peanut butter cookie on my way to work with my coffee 95

My snack was a zen blueberry fiber cake and teaspoon of peanut butter

Lunch was hearts of romaine, a turkey burger patty, hard boiled egg, and light olive oil vinaigrette 313

So far my total is 776, which is a tiny bit higher than normal for me, but I am doing my step class tonight at 5:30 which burns over 500 calories.

TOM isn't for a couple weeks but I think I'm fertile and/or ovulating which I think makes a little difference...any one else have this happen? :?:

Psychic
01-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Added in dinner calories. Will probably have a snack after the gym tonight.

Has anyone else tried the new Juicy Juice Fruitifuls? I have the Berry Cherry Burst. They're actually pretty good at 60% juice and only 60 calories for a 6.75 oz. juicebox. They also have 125mg Potassium, 14g carbs/14g sugars and 100% Vitamin C.

novangel
01-18-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm right there with you Diana, TOM is killing me. I can't decide if I should go to the gym tonight or not (bad cramps) but I feel conflicted because tomorrow is probably out for sure since that's my "bad" day. Ugh... :mad:

Trenchie
01-18-2013, 08:49 PM
hi! Can I join? I am starting tomorrow (or the last time I hope) and I could use some companionship. Plus, the guy's corner seems to be a lot less busy than your side so...

Diana3271
01-18-2013, 09:23 PM

Syckgirlsfv It may take a while since you are close to your goal weight. Stay strong and give it some time.

Psychic I have not tried the Juicy Juice. Enjoy the gym.

Novangel Did you make it to the gym? I did my workout, but my heart was not in it.

Trenchie Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Diana3271
01-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Total Approx 1500 calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (730 Calories)
Sweet Glazed Pork Tenderloin 350 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
2 Greek yogurts 180 calories

Exercise
Ilaria Powerstrike 5

pinkflakes
01-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Trenchie - Welcome :)

1559 calories today
35 mins zumba
8 glasses of water/40 ounces of coffee

Have a good night all :)

Syckgirlsfv
01-18-2013, 10:58 PM
home from the gym and burned around 600 or so calories doing Turbo Sculpt (step and sculpt class) and just had spinach pizza from Trader Joes - 450 calories for 2 pieces.

1242 for the day and after the step class a net of 700. this means a glass or two of wine is in my very near future!:cheers:

pinkflakes
01-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Good morning!

Quick post

Have a great day all :)

Diana3271
01-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend.

Calories for yesterday: 1500
Weigh In: 161 (TTOM)
Up: .8

I have never analyzed my weight gain during TTOM. It looks like I gain most of my weight starting mid TTOM. I am up a total of 3.2 pounds from TTOM. I was hoping to keep it less than that, but I don't think I could do anything different. :dunno: I had to take Advil yesterday for the cramps. I always hold onto water with Advil.

Misti in Seattle
01-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Ahhh so HERE is why I have not been able to find anyone in the thread!!! And LOL in looking back I see that, Diana, you did post a link and say this. Sheesh! Now I need to go back and read everyone's posts

Welcome Trenchie :welcome2:

Well I will post my good news thread here again LOL... and wow size 16 pants!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/273741-sure-not-mini-me-but.html

Misti in Seattle
01-19-2013, 08:14 AM
My meals for Friday

Breakfast:
3 oz tuna packet (100 calories)
small piece hazelnut/gorgonzola bread
Peter Rabbit pouch of peach/applesauce (60 calories)

Lunch
banana
fresh pineapple chunks
small handful walnuts, cashews and almonds

Dinner
1 slice Whole Grain Goodness bakery bread
Greek salad (lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese, red and green bell peppers, onion, cucumber). Ate only half of the salad and added 2 steamed eggs.
8 prunes

Psychic
01-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone. First day of calorie counting didn't go well. I'm working for 1400-1500 calories a day. I ended up with 1742.

Next time I'll cut out the olive oil and choose something better as an after-workout snack. My cravings got the best of me last night.

Trenchie
01-19-2013, 10:12 AM
morning! just added a ticker.

I have this big event in 3 months and a half, what kind of goal could be realistic for that time?

Misti in Seattle
01-19-2013, 10:20 AM
:congrat: on your new ticker, Trenchie!

Others may have good responses to your question. I can't comment in that area because I set only goals I have control over... eating, working out, etc. I don't personally set goal to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain time because it is not up to me to make that. If you hit a nasty plateau or something... as I sure have been doing lately... it can cause you to become discouraged. Of course that doesn't mean you can set a goal and HOPE and TRY hard to make it!! :)

I wish you the best.

Misti in Seattle
01-19-2013, 10:34 AM
:rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance:

My ticker moved!!! Yippeeeeeee I am in the 220s!!

:rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance: :rain: :yay: :dance:

Missy Krissy
01-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Yesterday's calories = unknown/too much (date night!). Morning WI = 147.6 (I expected the sodium gain).

Congrats Misti!!!!!!!

novangel
01-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Trenchie, :welcome: :wave:

Diana, I stayed home last night but I'm heading out to the gym soon...I'm still fatigued but TOM is actually not as bad today as I thought it would be. Normally day 2 is very TMI. :dunno:

Sorry Trenchie, you'll have to hear us ladies discuss our cycles every now and then. :lol: It's an annoying obstacle for some of us during this journey.

TheLauren
01-19-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm back from my vacation in New Orleans. I had a wonderful time, and enjoyed the food there. I probably enjoyed it too much! I'm up 5lbs, but I have every intention of dropping those off quickly.

Trenchie
01-19-2013, 01:47 PM
actually, I should have said that I am FTM so I know how much of a hassle periods can be.

as for a goal, I think I will wait to see how fast it goes in the beginning and then think about it later

misti: good job on the 229! and yeah, my mind kind of blanked out the plateaux...

Marniadec
01-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Syckgirlsfv with only 15 lbs left, it will probably take a while. Just be patient. You're so close!

Diana3271 Tom is an a hole. I was anxiously waiting for it because I was late and now it's here and I regret it. :P I have to say, though, that although normally I gain a lot of weight, this time I gained less than a lb. I have to think that it's because I'm doing intermittent fasting because that's all that changed...

Psychic it's ok. Soon you'll know the calories in every food item by heart. :P In the beginning, it's really important to measure and plan ahead.

Trenchie :welcome3: Nobody can tell you what a realistic goal is. You can decide whether you want to lose 1 or 2 lbs a week and eat accordingly, but that doesn't mean you'll lose as much. Wait and see how your body responds and go from there.

Misti in Seattle Congrats!!! I read about the surgery, too, you must be so happy!

TheLauren I like your attitude. As long as you had fun on your trip, that's all that matters! :)

So, I had ordered the keys my cat broke, but I had to return them because she completely ruined them. I need a new keyboard which can cost more than $100 in Greece, so I'll have to order one from e-bay and fix it myself. Luckily, I was able to borrow a friend's old keyboard and I'm using that one. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that my cat ate my keyboard. I called to see how much a new one will cost and the guy started laughing. I thought to myself that it's a good thing he doesn't know that she peed on my last laptop. =/

Other than that, IF is perfect, I tried to binge yesterday and I failed miserably and I hate TOM.

novangel
01-19-2013, 05:13 PM
My legs still aren't cooperating. :/ I did a little over 5 miles but had to switch it up between the treadmill and elliptical.

Marniadec
01-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Ι just baked burgers and potatoes. Then I mixed 2 tbsp of chopped tomatoes with grated cheese and feta and put it on top before they were done baking. It came at about 600 calories. I'm making it again later.

Trenchie
01-19-2013, 07:52 PM
went to the gym tonight to watch the game but it closes at 7... I did a bit of weight lifting at home. will go to the gym tomorrow morning then.

as for the food, I am not counting right now, just trying to eat a lot less and healthier. When it will get tricky, I will watch it more closely.

aka8941
01-19-2013, 08:14 PM
feeling pretty good, my weight is slowly inching downward. tracking the cals, and trying to get in lots of walking during my day and running at night. 206.5 today.

novangel
01-19-2013, 08:23 PM
We went out for steak dinner tonight. I'm sure I went WAY over in calories but oh well..I skipped dessert (I usually do) and then we walked around the mall for a while after. Good thing I spent an hour and a half at the gym today too.

I don't think I will be making it to the gym tomorrow but I will play it by ear.

Diana3271
01-19-2013, 08:59 PM

Psychic I actually think you did well on your first day of calorie counting. It takes time to figure out calorie counts and plan accordingly. Keep up the great work.

Trenchie I haven't ever made weight loss goals, either. I just made a food/workout plan and kept working it. Well, that's not completely accurate. My first goal was to get below 200 pounds, but I didn't have a time frame.

Misti Congrats on your weight in! :bravo:

Krissy I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family in town.

Lauren Welcome back. :wave: You did well on your vacation, five pounds isn't bad. Most of that is probably water weight.

Marniadec It sounds like you need to get the kittie it's own little computer. :lol: The burger sounds delish!

Novangel You did great to get in the 5+ miles. You are probably still building your stamina and dealing with TTOM.

AKA Good job checking in. Glad to see things are going well for you.

Diana3271
01-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Total Approx 1575 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 310 calories
Fage 0% Greek Yogurt 260 calories
mandarin oranges 50 calories

Dinner (870 calories)
Vegetable Beef stew 600 calories
Cornbread 130 calories
WW frosted chocolate cake 140 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat Live 60 w/weighted gloves

alaskanlaughter
01-19-2013, 09:12 PM
i am finally home for the day! :D saturdays are always busy for me....this morning i did house chores, made breakfast and took recycling out, i did my usual workout at the gym even though it's a weekend and then took younger son to a birthday party at the pool

scale: it finally moved again! lol and it read 180.0 which is a new low AND that means exactly 50 pounds lost since i started this journey! (i fully expect the scale to bounce up, it always does for a bit before going back down)

party: i was able to stick to my willpower and avoided the breads and processed snacks at the birthday party...i stuck to cheese, meat, lots of veggies and some dip for them...i had two cupcakes that had been homemade by the mom for the party and i chose those instead of falling face-first into cake and every junky thing there....so i was proud of that!

time to stay home for the evening and enjoy the fire in the fireplace :D

Diana3271
01-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Alaskanlaughter Congrats on the new low! :carrot:

racrane
01-20-2013, 12:30 AM
I finally reached my first mini goal today - I'm 178, the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant. Very excited and rewarded myself and bought some pretty lipstick. :D

I had a family dinner today and filled my plate with fruits and veggies before I ate my sloppy joe sandwich. Had a little bit of carrot cake, but I didn't eat much. I also exercised for the first time since I sprained my ankle. Did some stretches, arms and biked. I had a pretty awesome day!

pinkflakes
01-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Been real busy will catch up soon!

Only 1003 calories yesterday was so busy!
3 glasses of water / 32 ounces of coffee and 1 soda
'
10 min zumba/20 mins walking

have a great day everyone!

pinkflakes
01-20-2013, 05:01 AM

My ticker moved!!! Yippeeeeeee I am in the 220s!!

Yay!!!!!:bravo::congrat:

pinkflakes
01-20-2013, 05:05 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Good news, bad news on the results of my gym. Bad is, it wasn't the batteries. Although, it counts calories, time, speed and so forth; resistance doesn't work. On the flip side, my treadmill is awesome. Or I am. Whatever the case, I have a new tool in the gym.

So, I got this treadmill in 2000 cuz my baby got super sick and had to live on a heart monitor. I was an avid gym goer at the time, never lost weight but that was because of health issues, but I loved the gym...so we began to build. In the beginning at 200, the treadie worked fine...so did I, but as baby grew so did I. Then 2001 hit and my world spun out of control, triggering PSTD and Bipolar at the same time. I had many lifestyle changes after that causing weight to skyrocket right up to 300. At 300, I had no balance and my treadmill had no umph to move me. I still deal with all my issues, but under 200 now, my treadie works for me again. And my balance! It was awesome. So while Green Day and I sang at the top of our lungs under ground, I climbed the same hill for an hour :D My hip was fatigued afterward, but when I woke up it only said "ow, could you move slower until I wake up". I'll do my best to do as it asks, but definitely going to hit the treadmill again today...as soon as I replace DH's cds! That man slipped boring rock into my only punk cd player...it went from Green Day to someone who sounded like he was sleep talking....snooze. Can't have that, it's my time to scream! I might have to get speakers for my IPOD for such an occasion.

I'm also down nearly 2 pounds, but still not at lowest. I only have 3 more months before the challenge is over to lose 20 lbs and I'm still working on pound one :p Better stop being lazy, I have no more excuses.

Diana writing is at a standstill right now, not because I don't know what to write, it's because I can't decide which route to take...do I go with the Prince and Princess' lovestory which I've barely touched upon? Or do I go with the mystery of the insane family? I just don't know...I've built it all up, presented the killer...but now I must put in my twists...which is finding 100 years worth of dead children...so creepy, I can't decide where to put them :p Pesky children. But Jack and Diane are still waiting to play in the parking lot of Frosty's ;) otherwise, it's not a lovestory. I know I should go with them, I know. But I love my plot of creepy family so much. But I gotta think of the reader...DH, DD and an unknown...we'll see. I write daily, I just say, no not that route by the end of the day.

I also have pstd and a mood disorder...I know what you mean! The meds that they put me on have a 33.9 % chance of weight gain which makes this even harder. I think you have done great! :)

pinkflakes
01-20-2013, 05:08 AM
Rasagolla -Thanks :)

I'm back from my vacation in New Orleans. I had a wonderful time, and enjoyed the food there. I probably enjoyed it too much! I'm up 5lbs, but I have every intention of dropping those off quickly.

Glad you had a good time! I am sure you will shed that 5 pounds in no time:)

Misti in Seattle
01-20-2013, 05:45 AM
Good morning, everyone! Happy Sunday!

Enjoying reading all your posts. Wishing everyone a successful day.

Wow, I am thinking about wearing my size 16 pants to church this morning! They are tight in the stomach but have a lot of stretch so should be okay with my long blouse and contrasting scarf.

Enjoy your day!

bunnabear
01-20-2013, 08:11 AM
HI all!!! so it's Friday, I'm being SO good STILL, and the scale will not budge! Still 166. WTF? ARGH!

Breakfast was a sweet potato and some deli ham 190 calories

I did have a peanut butter cookie on my way to work with my coffee 95

My snack was a zen blueberry fiber cake and teaspoon of peanut butter

Lunch was hearts of romaine, a turkey burger patty, hard boiled egg, and light olive oil vinaigrette 313

So far my total is 776, which is a tiny bit higher than normal for me, but I am doing my step class tonight at 5:30 which burns over 500 calories.

TOM isn't for a couple weeks but I think I'm fertile and/or ovulating which I think makes a little difference...any one else have this happen? :?:

I'm right there with you...scale not budging. I really hoped to be well into the 150s now, but still in the 160s. I started the measurements because of slow/no scale progress and thank goodness I did or I would be struggling to stay motivated for sure. I was in the 130s before at this height so I know it is possible for me to get down to 140 and with my daily calorie deficit I should be much closer. :dizzy:

mamakat
01-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I feel lost when I miss even a day. My stress level has gone way high...you can not even begin to imagine. I got a call Friday from the Vice Principal, but when I returned it, I had to speak directly to the Principal and boy what he said was not good. My kid has gone way overboard and has been "politely" asked not to return to school until a licensed psychiatrist evaluates him...then the doctor must write a letter saying he's safe to return...omg, what the heck is happening to my world? To make matters worse, our shrink is on vacation, argh, just when we need him most dog gonnit! I actually had to punish my kid, something I've never really done. Now he's super depressed and locked away which will only make matters worse...he's turned out to be a grudge holder and has scared the heck out of his teacher...I don't blame her, but ugh, this is such a weird situation to be in and if you know me at all...it's just one more thing to add to my PTSD. Not that I'm afraid of my kid, but I see very clearly it's moving up the escalator. I'm thankful now, he only goes to school and home and I pick him up and drop him off. He also has no cash flow, so there's no chance he could ever get a weapon, which of course they asked!!!! Oh, to top all that off, I was the only parent that dealt with this...it's a new job, yay me. Now I deal with the sick, the dead and the threatening.

I should have started off by saying:

Trenchie :welcome: glad to have you. I think your plan of starting out and getting the feel of things is wise. It's easier to tweak as you go then restrict right off. It's less disheartening when you fall off the wagon which we all do at times, even us old timers. I used to do 10 mini goals, but now my weight drops rarely and I can't make a goal to save my life, but I figure if I'm not gaining, all is good in that area.

Misti Congrats, finally! I'm happy for you. Keep up the great work.

Diana The story is a lovestory, I only do love stories, but I always add wicked twists. And always always always, my hero is the female or the "weaker" partner (I do gay romance as well). My Princes are always big beautiful men and my Princesses are small and hopelessly helpless, but then just when Prince is in peril, she saves the day...or he :) I am going with the romance side as I must must must please everyone...including myself. I love these two.

Pinkflakes My doctor and I work with my weight as much as possible. He's one that suggested low carb especially for my Bipolar. I have been on antipsychotics that will make me gain the moment the pill passes my lips and if I don't see a vast improvement, I tell him, no way. I don't actually like the antipsychotics, and if I can get away with not taking them, I do. I'm monitored closely :) He has tried Zoloft with me and after the first five pounds and the icky feeling I get on it...he sees right off that one isn't for me. I actually hate antidepressants too. But I "have" to take meds and I "know" I must, so I always try and am thankful he listens....Now if he could return from his stupid vacation!!!! :p

Alright, I am going to go write before the house wakes up. I've been sleeping downstairs with 12 very loud rats...I even dream that they get out of their cages and snuggle with me. The dog seems to be getting better, but she milks it if you tell her to go lay down or try to push her over. Cracks me up! She's eating like crazy for all the days she missed. Just when I was telling her, she looks good, she goes and gains it all back...LOL, been there done that.

I haven't got much exercise. I did the treadmill on Friday for half an hour, but I was drained after the day I had. Yesterday, I walked around the mall a bit, playing find the paw prints with my DD and her friend. Her friend was the first of the day to compliment me on the paw prints. I got so many last night at the mall that I think I'll hang out there more :lol: I actually got some writing in as my phone has documents...I love that. Now I gotta put it in the computer.

Diana3271
01-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1575 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.4 (TTOM)
Down: .6

Missy Krissy
01-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Fly-by post. Yesterday's calories = unknown/too much. Morning WI = 147.4 (down .2 from yesterday).

Posting here and knowing that I have to WI in the morning are the only two things that have kept me from going completely overboard.

Moondance
01-20-2013, 10:58 AM
A rare weekend appearance for me. Things are going pretty well...I even said no to popcorn at the movies.

Mamakat: I just wanted to send hugs to you during this difficult time. :hug:

TheLauren
01-20-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm back to being on plan and it feels great. I didn't get down on myself for my vacation weight gain, and I'm just as motivated as when I left.

Went to the gym this morning and did an amazing and invigorating zumba class.

Life is good!

Radiojane
01-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Morning, this will be another fly by as I'm really not feeling so great. Went to the city Friday, got some pain medication for the tooth that didn't do anything, and some strong antibiotics that seem to be helping but are throwing my body out of whack. Right now the left side of my face is swollen and the pain is still there, but dull. I'm not eating a whole lot because of the tooth and the havoc the drugs are wreaking on my gut. I didn't even try the pool yesterday, but I think I may try and go back today. Scale is down to 351.5 today.

Oh, and I've been asked to be a bridesmaid for a friends wedding and need to go order the dress asap (the wedding is June 1, and another bridesmaid dropped out). I'm very glad she didn't ask me 85 pounds ago but I'm still nervous as **** about fitting into a dress

novangel
01-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Gym is not happening today. I'm going to spend the day cleaning, doing laundry and organizing my house. Maybe sort out clothes for Goodwill too. This place is too dusty.

Tomorrow night I have to get my son from his Dad's after work so I won't be back at it until probably Tuesday night. I need a break anyway. Between TOM and my legs, I need time for things to stop aching.

Have a good day all. :dizzy:

novangel
01-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Morning, this will be another fly by as I'm really not feeling so great. Went to the city Friday, got some pain medication for the tooth that didn't do anything, and some strong antibiotics that seem to be helping but are throwing my body out of whack. Right now the left side of my face is swollen and the pain is still there, but dull. I'm not eating a whole lot because of the tooth and the havoc the drugs are wreaking on my gut. I didn't even try the pool yesterday, but I think I may try and go back today. Scale is down to 351.5 today.

Oh, and I've been asked to be a bridesmaid for a friends wedding and need to go order the dress asap (the wedding is June 1, and another bridesmaid dropped out). I'm very glad she didn't ask me 85 pounds ago but I'm still nervous as **** about fitting into a dress

Are you scheduled to have that tooth extracted? If not, you're going to need to if it's a wisdom tooth. The antibiotics are only temporary relief, the infection will come back if you don't get rid of the source and they don't do root canals on wisdom teeth. I've worked clinical in Dental for over 10 years. ;) I hope you feel better soon.

Don't worry too much about the dress, just consider it more motivation and just think by July I'm sure you'll lose a considerable amount of weight. :)

Radiojane
01-20-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm going to the dentist Tuesday. It was the soonest I could get in. I'm sure they'll pull it. This is the third round of antibiotics in 8 months. The first two were for throat infections, but I'd bet this rotten tooth is the root of that.

I did go swim today, even though its -40c with a nasty wind. Between that and my tooth, I'm amazed I went!

novangel
01-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Great job on the swim! Lord knows I'm lacking serious ambition to go to the gym today with these cramps but I did some major house cleaning so that had to burn some cals.

Trenchie
01-20-2013, 06:33 PM
hi ladies :)

thanks again for the welcome!

@novangel your 1000miles goal is really an amazing idea

did an hour at the gym this morning before work and will do a bit of weights tonight.

ate ok, I think:

protein shake this morning after gym
yogurt

jambalaya with shrimps rice and veggies for lunch
a graham cookie covered with dark chocolate (I used to ate 4 of those, I just took one so I'll slap myself on the back for that I guess).

grilled cheese for dinner

scale was saying I had lost a pound this morning, let's wait a bit before changing that ticker thingy.

keep it up!

Diana3271
01-20-2013, 08:24 PM

I went to my Mom's house today to continue with the cleaning. I lost track of time and didn't get back to town in time to workout. It's amazing how quickly time flies when you are trying to get things done. I can tell that I have made a dent in the stuff. Although, I swear those crazy purses get their freak on while I am away during the week and are multiplying worse than rabbits. :rofl: I haven't even attempted to deal with the purses, yet.

I still need to do a few things around the house. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Total Approx 1475 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 600 calories
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
2 Organic flat bread crackers 100 calories

Dinner (480 calories)
Fage yogurt 260 calories
No salt no oil popcorn 220 calories

Exercise
None

Psychic
01-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Didn't post yesterday. I decided Saturdays will be my cheat day anyways. Went at it today pretty well. The salad was worse than expected though

11:30 am - Brunch (880)
Grilled Chicken Salad with vinagrette @ Kings - Approximately 700
Broccoli Cheese Soup @ Kings - 180

3 pm - Snack (65)
3 Lg. Swedish Fish - 65

6 pm - Dinner (280)
Tuna w/ Mustard - 100
Asian Salad - 180

8:30 pm - Snack (110)
Popcorn w/ Garlic - 110

TOTAL: 1335

Exercise
Swam 3 laps, sat in the sauna for 20 minutes, sat in steam room for 10

Misti in Seattle
01-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Hello everyone.

Another fly-by for me too!

I had an interesting afternoon. Decided to go to the deep water public pool and headed out but saw a sign for Green Lake. Did not realize it was that close and have always wanted to go there so drove on over. Generally when I go out walking very far I use two canes (because of my hip) but had just one in the car and decided I could do it. I started out just planning to walk a ways along the path but just kept going and decided I could make it all the way around... and I did.. 2.8 miles! Not such a huge accomplishment for someone who used to walk for hours but thrilling for me considering I have worked my way back from not being able to walk across my condo parking lot! Thank you, God!!! I want to go back sometime with my bike and... in warmer weather... take a picnic lunch! Plus this also means I can walk the trails of Lake Washington, which is right down the street from home!!

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc356/mistiinseattle/Weight%20loss%20fun/greenlakePath_zps2d877669.jpg

TheLauren
01-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Today was my father's 60th birthday. I usually make elaborate and fattening cakes (I'm a trained pastry chef), but I decided to make baked apples instead! They were delicious and very satisfying. It felt really good to make the right decision.

Radiojane
01-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Woohoo for both your victories misti and thelauren!!!!!!!!

alaskanlaughter
01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
i feel like ive had a busy day today....i did laundry all day and went to the store twice...kids were/are over to play with my kids today...cleaned the kitchen, put laundry away, made dinner etc...spent a LONG time taking photos off my iPhone to my computer and then to a flash drive and also sending some to print at walmart, which will then be put in frames and mailed to grandma (DH's mom)....

ive eaten well today and plan to only have a protein fiber shake later...i chose my wheat allotment today earlier with quite a bit of homemade garlic bread...it's kept me full the rest of the day....i generally stay low-sugar, low-wheat because it helps me stay on track...i dont do low carb but i calorie-count and give myself one "time" during the day for something sugary or wheat as long as it's in low amounts in general...when i BAN things is when i tend to fail miserably lol

pluckypear
01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Hello,

Still around reading at 3fc. Just quite busy but will start posting again.

Breakfast
Small ww bun
Wild salmon fillet
Mustard, onion slices
Coffee with non fat creamer

Snack
1 banana
Lunch

Cabbage soup
Dinner
Chana masala (made from smitten kitchen)
Cauliflour

Snacks
Dill pickles
Fibre one brownie
Tea

Pool tomorrow.

Amarantha2
01-21-2013, 02:19 AM
Hi, all! I've been I'll for a couple of days, haven't had a lot to add, just slogging on. Will weigh tomorrow.

I enjoy reading all the great posts here.

pinkflakes
01-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Good Morning!

calories yesterday-1338
5 glasses of water/40 ounces of coffee/1 soda

30 mins walking/20 mins zumba

Diana3271
01-21-2013, 07:16 AM

From yesterday:
Mamakat I am sorry to hear that you are going through that added stress. :hug:

Calories for yesterday: 1475 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.6 (TTOM)
Down: .8

For my weekly weigh in, I am up 1.6 pounds, but that's due to TTOM. Today is day 9 of TTOM, I don't guess there's any chance of having a short month. :mad:

mamakat
01-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Monday Morning WI 175.2 Up .6 from last week. I feel sick and bloated, my pants are tight and uncomfortable...I'm going to change them right after I post...I can't breathe! :p

Misti that is a beautiful place to walk. I'd love to walk there. And I so get how excited you are about the canes and walking. We take walking for granted because that's what our bodies are supposed to do, but when it no longer does it, we notice right off how much we miss that simple movement. I rejoice every day I don't use a cane and pout when I have to. Like a big baby :p I can't wait for warmer weather! I'm glad you have nice places nearby to walk. I know you will enjoy them.

TheLauren a pastry chef, oh my. I'm so thankful, in many ways, that I do not know how to cook/bake. I used to have a friend who was an awesome cook. Her entire family was overweight, both her knees had blown out because of it. Even after WLS she cooked, causing the weight to come off slow...now we aren't friends so I don't know if she ever lost it all. I know, for myself, if I knew how to bake, I would. I like baked apples, I think that was a very wise chose.

Diana Thanks, I am actually sick to my stomach because of this. To top it off, after hopefully getting my son back into school tomorrow, I have to go to New Haven for a "special" session with my therapist. I don't want to face this issue, but things here have gone way out of my control. Things are so messed up and my head is spinning. I really don't want to address anything right now, other than my son, but the fact is things are beyond crazy. I have no idea what the outcome will be or where I'll end up after this week. I'm hoping, the meeting will stabilize things enough to give my children a safe home...that's all I care about right now...my therapist of course, only cares that I'm safe and healthy. We will see how things go.

Time to get on the phone. I'm kinda worried what to do if the doc isn't available. Or what happens if he says the opposite of what I'm hoping? I really don't where I'll go from there. Such a bizarre situation and it's causing nightmares...I've been free of night terrors for three months now. I hate going backwards! Why can't I be the type to lose weight while stressed out? Okay, time for me go change into comfy pants.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Missy Krissy
01-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday's calories = 1752 (back on track, yes!). Morning WI = 145.8 (again, back on track!).

Suds14
01-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Hey gang! Can I join the thread? I started counting WW points last week. After a 4 pounds weight loss this week, I am motivated to keep up the healthy choices. Looking forward to being part of the team!

Trenchie
01-21-2013, 09:48 AM
welcome suds! just arrived as well

hey girls, what is TTOM?

edit: scale is being nice so far, will probably change the clover tomorrow

bunnabear
01-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Hey Trenchie,

TTOM is That Time Of the Month. You may also see just TOM which is the same without "that".

Radiojane
01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Welcome Suds!

My tooth still hurts!!!!!!! (Tired of hearing that yet?)

I hit 350 today, which makes it an 85 pound loss since I started weighing. I'm so close to 100 pounds I can taste it! I'm actually pretty sure that's what I've lost, but I don't know what I was at my heaviest. I'd wager it was over 450 though. I think my bottom half is finally getting smaller too. My tight jeans feel loose.

Yesterday Calories in: 1773
Eggs fried in coconut oil
Garlic Sausage
Cottage Cheese
Broccoli
Dill Dip
Salmon Crab pinwheel
Green beans
Pork chop
Praline Cheesecake

Calories out:1406
50 minute swim with shallow sprints

Radiojane
01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Oh, and as a post script; Unique fat girl problem of the day:

My girdle has become electrically charged and my shirt is now clinging to it! Paints a pretty picture with my gapping jeans!

pinkflakes
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM

I hope you feel better!

Suds14 :wel3fc:

Misti in Seattle- good job on the walk! sounds like fun :)

I went to my Mom's house today to continue with the cleaning. I lost track of time and didn't get back to town in time to workout. It's amazing how quickly time flies when you are trying to get things done. I can tell that I have made a dent in the stuff. Although, I swear those crazy purses get their freak on while I am away during the week and are multiplying worse than rabbits. I haven't even attempted to deal with the purses, yet.

Sounds like you had a busy day! Oh purses my downfall:o

mamakat -:hug:

pinkflakes
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
I am down another pound! I think this ACV in really helping. I know it does not work for all. I have been adding a soda a day to my calorie intake and I was affraid it went make the scale move up but not at all..thank goodness.

I also started working out twice a day once in the morning and in the evening.

Finally in the 130's yay!!!!:carrot:

Have a great day everyone!

bunnabear
01-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Awesome on the 130s pinkflakes!

Glad I got my workout done early because I'm now suffering from a migraine. Ugh!!

pinkflakes
01-21-2013, 11:54 AM
bunnabear - Thanks :)

Hope you feel better!

Trenchie
01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
wow congrats on your millestones!

@bunnabear: oh *facepalm*right. I figured the TOM but I was sure I was missing something there... thanks for enlightening me.

I might not come for a few days as I will be out but I will check in as soon as I come back, promise. In the meantime, I hope you will all do really well :)

novangel
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Pink, ACV?

TheLauren
01-21-2013, 07:14 PM
mamakat Actually, taking my culinary courses and learning how to cook and not just bake, has helped me immensely in my weight loss. I don't need to depend on anyone else to make me a delicious meal. Tonight I made myself asparagus, quinoa, and salmon. It was healthy and really tasty. Otherwise, I would have ordered out, or made a frozen meal.

So, I signed up for a half marathon!! It isn't until Oct 6th, and I know I have a long way to go, but I love having a goal. I have always wanted to run in a marathon...maybe that will be my goal for 2014. It is a Diva Run, which sounds like a blast!

Suds14
01-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the many warm welcomes. So happy to share the journey with you all. I was on track today, despite having the day off and having easy access to the pantry and fridge. I just brushed my teeth for the night to keep any temptations and cravings away. Anyone else with me??!

pinkflakes
01-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Pink, ACV?

What are the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
■Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
■Rich in acetic acid. This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
■Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (It is particularly important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine.)
■It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
■Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
■May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
■It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
■ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
■A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.

Diana3271
01-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Hi Everyone!

Misti You have a beautiful area to walk. Enjoy!

Mamakat I know you love your little ones with all of your heart and you want the very best for them. I hope you got some resolution today. Still wishing you the very best. Hang in there. :hug:

Krissy Good job getting right back at it.

Suds Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on the 4 pounds! You are off to a great start!

Trenchie Gotta love a cooperative scale! :goodscale:

Radiojane Congrats on the 85 pounds! :woohoo: I hope you can get some relief tomorrow with your tooth. LOL on the electrically charged girdle. You've got some hot stuff in those jeans. ;)

Pinkflakes Keep up the great work! Congrats on the pound!

Bunnabear Good job on getting that workout in early. I hope you feel better from the migraine.

Lauren Your meal sounds awesome!

Diana3271
01-21-2013, 09:02 PM

Tomorrow is my appointment with the Endo. I will report back when I find out the results.

Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

alaskanlaughter
01-21-2013, 09:41 PM
had a good day in terms of eating and working out today...stayed home for the holiday and got some stuff done...didn't do much today...

last night my stomach was SOOOO upset and i'm not sure why, possibly the almond milk that i had(?)....just now my stomach is starting to get upset again but i dont know why again (no almond milk recently either)...

ive been nibbly all day but have kept my calories and choices well within range :) so i'm proud of that

my lower sinuses are continuing to bother me off and on on the left side of my face...my gums ache in random places and come and go...when i tip my head down i feel awful pressure in my sinuses...so i know this is a sinus problem and not a dental problem...so far been taking Bayer to relieve the pain, which is not constant and has no connection to having eaten anything either (again, not a dental issue)...not quite sure what to do next or if i can just wait it out like i've done before

venison roast for dinner! :) cousins from one of the villages sent us a whole deer! yummm

racrane
01-21-2013, 10:55 PM
I had a good day today except the sweets. I had one slice of cake, a chocolate covered cherry and one scoop sherbet. Oh well. It's one day, I'll do better tomorrow. I go back to school tomorrow - that's what I'll have to watch out for. I SWEAR I won't go near the vending machines!

Marniadec
01-22-2013, 01:23 AM
The scale said 188.1!!!! I lost all the weight I'd regained and a tiny bit more and I'm in the 180's and I'm only 3 kg away from being overweight instead of obese and jfgfisgdihhajgshsdih!!!!1:carrot::carrot::carrot:: carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Also, my cat won't eat her food and I'll leave in an hour and she will be alone hungry and I'm afraid she will tear the house down.

Also, it's finals season here and I'm giving an exam in 2 hours. Wish me luck!

pinkflakes
01-22-2013, 05:56 AM
The scale said 188.1!!!! I lost all the weight I'd regained and a tiny bit more and I'm in the 180's and I'm only 3 kg away from being overweight instead of obese and jfgfisgdihhajgshsdih!!!!1:carrot::carrot::carrot:: carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Also, my cat won't eat her food and I'll leave in an hour and she will be alone hungry and I'm afraid she will tear the house down.

Also, it's finals season here and I'm giving an exam in 2 hours. Wish me luck!

Congrats! :cheer::congrat::cheer:

pinkflakes
01-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Good Morning! Boy is it cold here..school is even on a 2 hour delay because
it' so cold!

Calories yesterday : 1444
2 glasses of water 32 ounces of coffee and 2 soda's/yikes!

20 min zumba/10 min pilates/ 15 min walking

Diana3271
01-22-2013, 07:00 AM

I had a bump up from water weight (TTOM) this morning. It looks like TTOM should be ending in the next day or so. Today is day 10. Hopefully I can start getting rid of the water weight. I am really curious about my thyroid numbers. I tend to be really thyroid sensitive. If things are not correct, it wrecks havoc in a big way for me. My main number was well over 10 last year, then it went down to a little over 5 and then back up to almost 6. All of this is with an increase in the dosage of medicine I'm taking.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160 (TTOM)
Up: .4

mamakat
01-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

RadioJane you are doing wonderfully. I hope your tooth gets better soon. I think out of all the pain, tooth pain is the worst. It's funny (not haha, but odd) that the mouth has so much power over the entire body. I always say to the kids teeth and feet the most important places to keep well, either one goes off, your entire body goes off. Good luck

Pinkflakes 2 hours for a delay? Why bother going in? We missed so much school this year due to Sandy that they are holding tight to delays and cancelations. We had a snow drift last night but nothing major here. They did say it would be 9 below...LOL, I've lived here for 16 years and I still don't understand what that means, except it's cold enough for a jacket :D Stay warm.

Marniadec congrats on the loss and breaking into the 180s. Hope your cat eats soon. Good luck on finals. The kids here are having them too.

alaskan I hope you feel better soon. Sinus are awful.

Diana good morning

I gotta head out and take the kids to school. That's right, both kids are going. DS's doc said he's not a threat :D Now I gotta go make the principal believe that...I have bedhead still! I haven't shaved my head in two months!

Misti in Seattle
01-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi everybody. Just racing through... time to head for work. It is soooo hard to get up and out at 4 AM when I am working overtime but have to remind myself that the $$$ are nice! And I don't mind it once I am in the car and going; it is just the getting there part!

Happy day

Psychic
01-22-2013, 09:25 AM
5 am - 360

Cream Cheese - 60
Saltines - 120
Special K Protein Bar - 180

10 am - 100

Chips Ahoy Thin Crisps - 100

12 pm - 320

Michelina's Sesame Chicken - 260
Juicy Juice - 60
Twizzler - 38

6 pm - 610
Salmon w/ Sherry Dijon Glaze - Approximately 350
Asian Salad - 180
Swiss Cheese - 80

Total: 1428
Weight: 189.2 (TOM)

Spiritix
01-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Okay so, I had been all the way down to 203 before Christmas, and afterward, I crept back up to 209. Very disappointing. But now that Christmas has subsided, I've been keeping on task. I hadn't weighed since I saw that 209, and I decided that if I were going to make any real progress, I'd have to do it without a scale.

I weighed just now just be curious, and I'm back to 204! If I keep this up, I might just be able to get under 200 by March like I want to! :D

Radiojane
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Mamakat I can live with tooth pain - I've been hospitalized twice for kidney stones, and passed one that the nurses felt the need to hold on to and show everyone because it was so huge. This tooth pain is a close second though! I'm almost looking forward to the dentist this afternoon. I've been told by the doctors that I have a phenomenal tolerance for pain, and it may be part of the reason pain killers never work for me. I get high as a kite on codiene, but the pain is still there. Demerol just makes me puke and takes away my will to scream. Morphine dulls it a little.

Out of the 350's today! It's hard to believe that just a few months ago I could step on the scale and still see the 400's!! I just wish I wasn't wearing the same pants I was 90 pounds ago. I stayed under the covers yesterday morning, so I ended up swimming in the afternoon during public swim. It's so cold here that there was maybe 3 other people in the pool, all kids. So I was able to "play" a little more with my workout instead of staying in a straight line. It was nice.

Yesterday Calories in: 2031
Broccoli
Dill Dip
Cheddar cheese
Almonds
Baked Salmon
Cottage Cheese
Garlic Sausage
Baby Carrots
Green Tea
Bacon
Sliced onion
2 Guylian Truffles
1 Glass Gingerale

Calories out:1406
50 Minute swim with sprints and some extra stretching

Missy Krissy
01-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Yesterday's calories = 1747. Today's WI = 145.8.

TheLauren
01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Woohoo. So my gain from New Orleans seems to have been all water weight. I weighed in this morning at 278!!! That's the lowest I've been in a while. It feels great.

Rasagolla
01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Hello all
I am back after a great fun weekend in Disneyland!
Welcome Suds14! I will be back for personals tomorrow- just wanted to check in
When I weighed myself yesterday after Disneyland I was up by 5 pounds! Last week my weight was creeping up from 157.4 (my standard over the past month) and it was 159.6 when I was leaving. When I returned and weighed myself I was 162.2!!! OMG
that gave me the kick I needed to work on losing it fast although I knew a lot could potentially be water weight
So I was good yesterday- stayed under cals, same for today so far and
ran for an hour like Novangel suggested on both days! Thank you Novangel.
tomorrow rest for exercise but will continue cal goals.
Today back to 159- whew!! Still over but going down!

Diana3271
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

Quick update from the Endo. My thyroid numbers are still not where she wants them to be. She wants to re-check in 4 months. I am still struggling with my weight, so I told her about my diet and exercise. I wanted to discuss this in case she thought I needed to make some changes. I told her that I normally workout 7 days a week, once in a while I have to miss a day, though. I also told her that I workout 45 minutes to 1 hour a day. She agreed that I cannot increase that any. I told her about my calorie range and that prior to this issue I was still losing in this range. I asked her if I should lower my calories some. She said "No". She said "What I want you to do is to keep doing what you have been doing all along . . and to have patience with yourself." She said that I have been very hypothyroid and my body has been through a lot this year. She also said that once my numbers are right, it still might take a little while for everything to get back in sync.

So, the Dr's advice is to keep doing what I have been doing and to have patience. :D

Suds14
01-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Hey gang. I returnedhome from a long work day. It's always hard getting into the swing of things after a long weekend. Proud of myself for walking in the door just now and chopping up peppers onions and carrots and throwing them in the oven. can't wait to eat them! Hope everyone had good days!!

Missy Krissy
01-22-2013, 08:01 PM
TheLauren - Way to go on the low weight!

Diana - Sometimes being patient is the hardest thing to do! It's good to know that your doctor feels that you are on the right track though.

novangel
01-22-2013, 08:21 PM
So I was good yesterday- stayed under cals, same for today so far and ran for an hour like Novangel suggested on both days! Thank you Novangel.

You're welcome. :)

I'm dead tired after work today. I got out late and I just want to go to sleep but I still have homework to do with my son. :tired: I don't think exercise is going to happen. I'm practically falling asleep as I type this.

TOM is pretty much over (thank god!) so back to the gym full-blast tomorrow. :carrot:

Radiojane
01-22-2013, 09:27 PM
diana- that's good news! You're doing what you should be doing!

Dentist was a treat. I'm looking at two extractions next week, one more at a later date and two root canals/crowns. Cool 5 grand right there. I have coverage for 80 percent but I have to check the yearly limit ( and get it all done before my company sells and I'm out of a job). At least the pain is nearly gone.

I had a controlled "cheat" today (ie not a full out binge like I've been trying to avoid.). I tried some cold stone creamery ice cream and had a coffee with cream and sugar. Very yummy although I can feel the sugar. Still within my cals tho. My mom was in town, that was my excuse.

Diana3271
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM

Radiojane I'm glad you got some relief.

This will be a quick post. I had some computer/monitor issues at work today. I tried to address them after we ate dinner. Ugh! But I ended up staying there until 10 PM and still couldn't figure it out. I have a Dell monitor. Something happened over night, who knows what. When it used to go into hibernation mode, the screen could go black. Now the screen will go through the various colors. Meaning the whole screen will be blue, then red, then green, then yellow, etc. The picture is clear but something crazy has happened and I don't don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

The thyroid issue is definitely frustrating. The good thing is that my numbers are coming down. Also, at least I know I'm not doing anything wrong to cause the struggles that I am going through and there are labs/numbers to support me. I was really scared that the Dr. would say cut my calories, but she didn't. I know how I am with food and I don't want to get hungry. The thyroid controls your metabolism and the rate that you gain/lose weight. She said to keep everything the same for now.

Total Approx 1370 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 400 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit

pinkflakes
01-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Calories for today: 997
walked 1 hour/ 10 mins zumba
3 glasses of water/ 40 ounces of coffee/1 soda/ 4 ounces prune juice

alaskanlaughter
01-23-2013, 12:27 AM
i had a very busy day today at work...combining four program sites into one for a full day of programming...there was 85 students there and it was crazy busy, especially for me being one of the ones in charge of it...in between work shifts i went to the gym and it STILL felt difficult to run at the level that i've been doing, like gravity was just holding me down or something...very weird, happened yesterday too....and then this afternoon i just wanted to EAT all day long, like hungry and everything!...i definitely munched my way through the day and had to restrain myself from seriously eating everything in sight.... ughhh :( im over my calories for the day now too

sinus pain in my gums still hurting off and on...reallyyy don't want to go to the doctor because i don't view it as something as serious as my annual bouts of pneumonia and bronchitis...but i might have to since it's not clearing up :(

mamakat
01-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm so happy I can say that today :) Yesterday was an all time bad day and I can't say I "made" it through unscathed. School let the kid in and even agreed he's a super kid, they just gotta follow rules, which I totally get. He'll be watched and helped with his "adjustments" with hopes that one day he'll find where he fits in. :) He so like me...so like me, he's wearing my shirt to school (someone needs to do laundry badly). My DS is tall and skinny and we can share clothes...I love it.

The rest of the day, I struggled fiercely with severe anxiety. I was like a caged animal for a bit...I had coffee in front of my slider debating whether to leave the house. I needed errands to get done, cuz the rats needed food, but I was beyond scared, if I step outside it would be my last step across my house's threshold. I paced in front of the door for 30 mins then ran for my car, my heart pounding out of my chest. I watched my house disappear as though I'd never see it again. Of course, it only took an hour to do the chores so I was right back inside :p The anxiety wiped me out until DH and DS came home.

Yesterday was our special therapy session and let me just say, it was like walking through **** barefoot and without clothes. The fear I had reached a very high level that I wasn't sure I'd actually make it through the session. I did and apparently I just have no faith in mankind whatsoever that my fears were (not unfounded because it's how I was raised) unimaginable to others. I was reassured, I'd never lose my home, no matter the problem. That was a very big relief because as we all know, I can not take care of myself and am at the mercy of everyone's good graces...and I know they must be good to put up with me and my psychosis.

I was estactic when I entered my old beaten down house...I felt like I was entering a mansion and I kinda celebrated and kinda said, I need comfort food which of course, will not be comfortable for the next 7-14 days. So, along with my salad, I had 2 slices of Uno's deep dish...and I already feel the gluten wreaking havoc, but I don't care at this point. Today is a new day and I appreciate it more than food or worries of food. I know whatever gain I get from eating poorly, I will lose and whatever pain I receive will remind me, I'm alive and I ate food that I wasn't even sure I'd have a chance to eat at the end of the day...that's how bad it was for me. So I do not begrudge myself the pizza.

Well I am off to do my things...because I can! Thanks Diana for everything! I'm home and going to be okay.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Psychic
01-23-2013, 07:17 AM
5:30 am - 165
Crunchy Nut Cereal - 120
Almond Milk - 45

12 pm - 440
Turkey Ham - 90
Swiss Cheese - 160
Juicy Juice - 60
Snap Pea Crisps- 130

5 pm - 80
Swiss Cheese - 80

7 pm - 350
Pierogies - 350

Exercise
Only 45 minutes today. 1.25 miles on treadmill in 25 minutes at 3-3.5 mph. 20 reps on Thigh Abductor at 120 pounds. Also did 20 reps on both arms on the row resistance machine at 40 pounds.

Total: 1035 (wasn't hungry)
Weight: 189.2
Difference: -0.6

Diana3271
01-23-2013, 07:31 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160 (TTOM)
No Change

I am hoping yesterday or maybe today is my last day of TTOM.

I have a hair appointment today.

Mamakat It sounds like you had a very productive day. I know it was hard and stressful beyond belief. I've still got the fingers :crossed: and toes ;) crossed for you. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Missy Krissy
01-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday's calories = 1742. Morning WI = 144.8!

Radiojane - Holy Cow, your dentist visit sounds awful! Were you able to schedule the procedures yet?

Diana - Sounds like your computer is possessed! Yikes!

alaskanlaughter - I hope you feel better soon.

mamakat - I'm glad yesterday is over for you, sounds like you had a rough time.

Psychic - Keep up the good work.

Yesterday was a busy day. I had to take DS for his flu shot booster, then went out to Taco Tuesday with DH, DS, and my mom. DS was such a good boy, he sad contented in the high chair munching on his rice crackers the whole time. Then DH and I went to get our car seat installed/checked (we have a new one because DS outgrew the infant seat). We stopped at the store for some diapers and finally made it home, whew!

novangel
01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Dentist was a treat. I'm looking at two extractions next week, one more at a later date and two root canals/crowns. Cool 5 grand right there. I have coverage for 80 percent but I have to check the yearly limit ( and get it all done before my company sells and I'm out of a job). At least the pain is nearly gone.

Does your dental office offer Care Credit? Some do. This way you could use your insurance towards the two extractions; and whatever isn't covered (assuming your coverage max is around $1,000 a year) you could finance the rest. I believe it's 6 months interest free.

Ok, I have a Doc appt at 10:30am and then I will get over to the gym at some point today. TOM is pretty much done so I decided to hop on the scale, no change. :/ I haven't gone to the bathroom though (sorry TMI) so I will workout a few days and then check again, maybe I'm holding some water...I was certain I had lost a few. :?:

novangel
01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
I hate the scale. :(

Missy Krissy
01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
:hug: to you Novangel! D@#n that scale!

Rasagolla
01-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Hello all
Diana, it is funny that doctor's advise is to do what you have been doing. Atleast now you know for sure that you are doing the right thing:D

Novangel, wait a couple of more days after TOM to recheck. It is not guaranteed but sometimes you might see a slight dip a couple of days after TOM. I agree, I hate the scale too:)

Mamakat, sending positive thoughts your way. Hope the rest of the week is much better for you.

Suds good job on the veggies. Just back from work to dinner is killer time- it kills all your day's worth of effort. so it is a big victory! i am not there yet but I am gonna try drinking a can of diet coke from 6-8 and see if that helps. Of course yours is 100% better option:D

Exercise today none: my break day
Calories: was on target yesterday

Radiojane
01-23-2013, 01:27 PM
diana unplug your monitor overnight and let the power drain

mamakat you are beyond awesome. What you fight through amazes me

alaskan those Munchie days are rough!

novangel I can manage the procedures financially but I'll look into financing through the dentist as it leaves my money free for emergencies. Thanks.

Yesterday calories burned:836
Swimming!

Yesterday calories in:2015
Carrots
Cheddar cheese
Two hamburger patties with cheese and onion
Caesar salad
Mint cold stone creamery ice cream
One Tim hour tons double double
Polish sausage
Green beans

Radiojane
01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Oh. And weigh in was 346.1. Almost at 90!

alaskanlaughter
01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
good morning :) i went to my doctor after the morning work shift was over and i do have a sinus infection....he gave me antibiotics for it...i'm resting until the afternoon work starts and ate quite a bit of comfort food, logging 1100 calories :( on the other hand, i probably wont be hungry for the rest of the day LOL

it's DH and i 3rd anniversary today although we've been together over 10 years...we'll go out to dinner tonight but again, i'll be eating lightly

yesterday a parent who i know well came to pick up her child...i just haven't seen her in a very long time...i had just walked in the room and was surprised to see that quite a few students had already been picked up...as this parent leaves, she pauses and asks "so where's the rest of you?"....i give her this BLANK stare and rather frantically tried to figure out what she meant...i said "huh?" and she sort of motioned with her hand and said "where's the rest of you?"....i'm in "work mode" and thinking students so i said "well alot of the students have already gone home"...she laughed and made a curvy motion with her hands and said "no, you...you got skinnier! where did the rest go?" and we both laughed...but boy did i feel dumb while trying to figure out what she had meant LOL

and our old principal came back to visit yesterday....she retired a few years ago...and the first thing she said to me was how much weight i'd lost :D

so those were nice things!

Diana3271
01-23-2013, 03:00 PM
diana unplug your monitor overnight and let the power drain

I went online last night to read about problem solving for the monitor. Based on the self check's that I did, it appears there's an issue with the video cable. When I got to the shop, I called Dell. They worked with me for about an hour and decided that the problem is with the video cable. Do you have any experience with video cables? I wonder how they break or go bad when you don't even touch the things. :lol: Any thoughts on this situation? I have limited knowledge with this. They did a remote take over to look into the programs/set ups, etc. They updated the monitor software, etc and everything seems fine in that area. :dunno: I wonder, if I can return the video cables, if that's not the problem. :lol:

Radiojane
01-23-2013, 03:04 PM
You should be able to send them back if you don't need them. It will be more expensive if its the connection on the monitor though.

I'm self taught in computer stuff. I just play around until I figure it out.

Syckgirlsfv
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM
hi everyone...I've been sick! :barf: I was all happy that I've had a flu shot and wouldn't be getting the flu...which I haven't...but I picked up a NASTY head cold where I'm so congested my head may as well be a giant brick :( Needless to say, I haven't been really doing much besides laying on the couch (sitting at my desk here at work now) and don't think I'll be able to hit the gym this week. That drives me nuts!:tantrum: I haven't been watching my food too much in favor of having comfort foods, but wouldn't you know I'm still 166 on the scale? WHAT is it about that damn number!!!:mad:

Today so far (so good):

breakfast: waffle sandwich = two frozen whole grain waffles, egg beaters, slice of 2% American cheese

Lunch: ham sammich! = section of seeded baguette split in half for a sandwich, around 2 ounces deli ham, lots of baby spinach, and provolone cheese.

no snack yet, but I have a nectarine with me

I'm not sure about dinner yet, but if the hubs is in charge (and tonight he may be with me so low on energy) it probably won't be as healthy as what I would make! He tends to like to make burritos out of random mixtures of ramen soup noodles, chili beans, cheese, peppers, etc...good think I'm keeping the calories down during the day! I am also enjoying lots of tea and sodium free chicken broth!

TheLauren
01-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Seems everyone has been going to the doctor and dentist lately! I went to the dentist this morning and I needed to schedule 3 more appointments to take care of some of the really bad problems I have. The pain in my mouth is definitely affecting the way I eat. I am looking forward to being pain free.

Going to Zumba tonight. I'm hoping to drag my mother along. She says she wants to lose weight, but she never seems to want to go to the classes with me. I try to not push her and be annoying, but I really want to help her get healthy. She turns 60 next year and I want her around for a lot longer!

novangel
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
TheLauren, Yeah it seems we're all going to Doc appts lately. I had to go this morning and now my boyfriend is at the Dentist so I have to wait for him to come back so I can go to the gym. Next I'm due to see the GYN (ugh) and my son is due for his yearly physical. :dizzy:

bunnabear
01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm officially in the 150s!!!! Just barely but still. My 30 day shred arrived today so I hope to start tomorrow...I'm a little intimidated to be honest.

TheLauren
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
bunna bear congrats!!! I don't blame you for being intimidated but I'm sure you'll do well! I'm looking forward to a point where I feel good enough to try. Let us know how it goes

Suds14
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi all! I had to share what I had for dinner. I boiled cabbage and used them in place of the spaghetti noodle! All I had to do was whip up a bit of red sauce. So good and super super filling!

Good luck with the 30 day shred. I have heard many good things about it. One of these days I will jump on that band wagon and get the calorie burn on!

novangel
01-23-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm officially in the 150s!!!! Just barely but still. My 30 day shred arrived today so I hope to start tomorrow...I'm a little intimidated to be honest.

I know I've said it 100 times already but 30DS is the best. I can't say enough good things about that DVD, and Jillian in general. Enjoy! :carrot:

I spent an hour at the gym; treadmill, elliptical and weights. I really had to force myself back this time. My ambition is low this week. :^:

Diana3271
01-23-2013, 10:41 PM

I had a super hectic and busy day. I spent most of the day working on the crazy monitor. It's not something that absolutely has to be fix, but I am going to try the video cables. I had my hair cut and colored today. We ate at the Japanese restaurant. We do that once a month and I ate the same thing I always eat. I might have a sodium gain tomorrow. TTOM continued on today. Tomorrow will be day 12. It looks like tomorrow should be my last day. Let's hope so. I am so tired of that thing.

Radiojane I'm going to try the cables. I will update. :dizzy:

Bunnabear Congrats on the 150's!

Novangel Good job on getting to the gym.

Suds Great job finding a substitute for the pasta. I like spaghetti squash, too.

Syckgirlsfv Feel better

Total Approx 1570 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Teriyaki beef 400 calories
rice 400 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

aka8941
01-23-2013, 11:26 PM
on track today. ate 1400 cals or so and burned 2300. I did something new, because frankly, running doesn't do it for me entirely anymore. So, I took a class at the gym called nightclub cardio...it was fun!! '

Unrelated...I just got on birth control, and I'm 15 pills in. It hasn't been too bad, just a few crying spells, some sore breasts and an urge to pee all the time. I swear this must be what it feels like to be pregnant. Beside the obvious, there have been some unexpected pros, like incredibly clear skin and appetite reduction. I hope it will all balance out soon.

Early day tomorrow. Good night all.

alaskanlaughter
01-24-2013, 01:47 AM
well i managed to eat lightly for the afternoon but i DID eat a regular dinner while going out for dinner with DH for our anniversary...and then some ice cream after that...i'm so far over calories today :(

so tonight i get a good night's sleep....tomorrow i pick myself up, take my antibiotics and get back on track...be gentle on myself at the gym with my sinus infection and get back to a correct way of eating for myself

did i MENTION that they had to stab me in FOUR SEPARATE PLACES on my arms/hand today to draw blood for bloodwork? ughhhh apparently my veins don't cooperate well when i'm sick and dehydrated...soooo painful :(

my doctor was concerned because i am SO FREAKING COLD all the time that she offered to have bloodwork drawn right there to be tested for thyroid problems...i know it's cold in general in alaska but i'm seriously cold All The Time, 24/7, and my entire work wardrobe consists of various colors of sweatshirts and hoodies LOL

Diana3271
01-24-2013, 07:07 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1570 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161.0 (I'm hoping yesterday was the last day of TTOM, if not hopefully it will be today.)
Up: 1 pound

pinkflakes
01-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Good morning :)

1401 calories yesterday.
5 glasses of water/40 ounces of coffee
1 hour walking

Psychic
01-24-2013, 08:51 AM
6 am - 110
Turkey - 30
Swiss - 80

9 am - 160
Arctic White Cocoa - 160

12 pm - 420
Turkey - 90
Swiss - 160
Juicy Juice - 60
Special K Chips - 110

6 pm - 80
Swiss - 80

7pm - 730
Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger w/o Mayo & Tomato - 290
Wendy's Half-Size Spicy Chicken Caesar - 440

Total: 1500
Weight: 188.4
Change: -0.8

I shouldn't have had the croutons on the salad. The cocoa isn't a great idea either, but it sure is tasty and keeps me full until lunch. I weighed myself this morning and still dropped -0.2 pounds, so its not too bad. I'll try to do better today. Gym tonight as well.

Missy Krissy
01-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Morning! Yesterday's calories = 1707. Morning WI = 145.4.

Diana - Your TOM is less of a "time" of the month and more of a "last half" of the month! I hope it goes away soon for you.

aka - Yup, that's exactly how it feels to be pregnant! I hope things even out for you. I can't take bc pills anymoer (for a number of reasons), but when I did I became depressed and gained weight on them. Everyone reacts differently. Good luck!

alasakanlaughter - Owch! Dehydration will do it every time. Whenever I have my blood drawn I make sure to drink a ton of water beforehand, but it sounds like you didn't know it was coming! Stay warm!

We're having a plumbing problem and there is water leaking into/flooding our basement. I think it may be sewage (yuck). My landlord's BIL is coming over today to look at it, but we're going to need a plumber to fix it. There was about 1/2 an inch of water down there yesterday.

My mom is still here visiting and DH, DS, and I are going over to the in-laws tonight for dinner. I love spending time with our families but it does make it difficult to eat the way I normally do. My mom has made dinner a couple of times and has been really good about calculating the calories of the meal, but at the in-laws it's a guessing game (which I hate because I'm a little bit anal retentive about weighing and calculating my food). Everything step-MIL makes is usually delicious, but loaded with fatty olive oil or butter and therefore way high calorie.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day!

CarlaVeg
01-24-2013, 09:48 AM
We are getting close to 500 posts in the first thread, so I started a new one. Let's make the second half of the month as good as the first! :carrot:

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month and a great year! :newyear:

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

Dianne, great to see you here! I just came in looking for a an accountability group and here I found you!!!!!! I am in!!!!

I am almost 5 8" and my weight is 152 lbs. My #1 goal is to get back to my pre pregnancy weight of 136 lbs. My #2 goal is to get back to the weight I was when I met my husband (130 lbs).

Looking forward to getting to know you all and support each other in this journey! :carrot:

Psychic
01-24-2013, 10:43 AM
CarlaVeg - Welcome to the daily accountability thread. It is a really useful tool.

Radiojane
01-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Good morning! Cleared 90lbs today, down to 343.5. I can actually see the '30's on the scale and that is a heady feeling. I need the joy that brings because my mom was here Tuesday and knocked me down a couple pegs. I don't think she meant to, and I didn't realize it until last night when I really thought about it.

She looked at my avatar picture and made a joke about me photo shopping it, and then when a family friend asked me what I was doing to lose weight, she cut me off mid sentence and said "in other words she's a fanatic". I don't know why I let it bug me so badly, but it did. I understand getting zero encouragement from my brothers - I don't even broach the subject with them and never have, but my mom's been on my butt (in a good way) to lose weight for years, all the while being very gentle with my feelings because she knew where my self esteem was. I know I'm not a kindergarten student who needs a pat on the back for every good thing I do, but "she's a fanatic?" really?? I was in a pretty bad funk about it yesterday. I'm over it now.

Yesterday Calories in: 1461
eggs fried in coconut oil with baby shrimp, white onions and cheddar cheese mixed in
Oreo cookies
Grass fed steak with cooked onions
Green beans
One Turtle chocolate
Cranberry Tea

Calories Out: 313
15 Minute quick Kettlebell routine

novangel
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
CarlaVeg, :welcome: :wave:

Our work schedule fell apart so I'm back at home. I'm going to grab a bite and then head over to the gym again. BBL. :)

alaskanlaughter
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
good morning :) am still waiting for the antibiotics to really start kicking this thing out....i do think it's a little better pain-wise but it's still definitely there...i worked this morning and gonna take teenager to school next...then i'm going to let myself REST for an hour or so in my chair before going to the gym...i'm only going to walk there also and not try to run...try to take it gentle on myself today

Syckgirlsfv
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
morning ladies! I have become certain that I have bronchitis, so its off to the Doc and then I'm going home. Just trying to finish printing tax letters here today. I imagine I'll be on Zpack. SCALE. STILL. WON'T. BUDGE!! I'm irritated. Being sick doesn't help. BOO!

Rasagolla
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Welcome CarlaVeg!
Radiojane, it is hard to makes others understand our goals. I hear a lot from my family too and it is not easy. Hang in there! The best is when someone says why have you lost all these pounds- you looked so much better when you were plumper!!!:D
Feel better soon Alaskan
My stats: yesterday within range
today ran 5 miles on the treadmill and boy is it brutal!

Psychic
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
alaskanlaughter - Be sure to drink more fluids than usual and keep your energy up. If you get too exhausted while at the gym, take a break for a few minutes. You'll do more harm than good if you overwork your body while sick.

Radiojane
01-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Alaskanlaughter

I just came off a round of antibiotics for my teeth. You're very right to take it easy. I actually crashed hard yesterday. Slept four more hours than usual and couldn't bring myself to do more than a little exercise. Sometimes we get so busy that we forget how hard our bodies have to work to fight out these infections!

Ellemphriem
01-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Radiojane wishes for quick recovery.....

So here i am again after a small absence in which i didn't binge nor did i eat too much. I have lost a total of 4 pounds which i find tiresome considering the amount of time i had been careful. Some say that working out as hard as i do might play some part in not loosing so much. But i don't want to stop. I have measured myself and i have lost 2 cm on my waist and 2 on my legs....none on my hips though which i can understand since bicycling focuses on legs not hips. So i am improving but wayyyyy too slow....yesterday i didn't have the strength to exercise and i am so afraid that if i let go for one day, more will follow.

I am eating as usual the meals of my daughter (it's hard to cook differently, but her meals are plain Mediterranean-my country's recipes) so it's healthy alright. But sometimes like today where i had made mince pie for her, i was tempted to eat MORE.....(l love it)...and especially the crust which i had made on my own and is a recipe of my grandmother....i wanted to gulp down the whole tray. I 'think' i slipped and overdid it a little bit, but i am going to make up tonight by working out more, hopefully i won't see the scales UP tomorrow.....:/

Radiojane
01-24-2013, 03:02 PM
I understand not wanting to dial down the exercise. I had a full blown freak out today because I missed the pool due to illness yesterday, it's closed for a repair today, and I won't be able to get there Saturday because I have to go down to the states to try on dresses. I never seem to put the same amount of effort into my at home workouts, and they're impossible to do when my bf is home. So I did some quick zumba at lunch today and I'll try and get some walking in tonight.

bunnabear
01-24-2013, 04:21 PM
I did Day 1 of Level 1 of the 30 day shred and it really whipped my tail! I knew it would be a good workout but I figured since its only about 25 minutes, how bad could it be? Well, Jillian Michaels gets every millisecond worth out of you. I survived but not sure if I'll be able to get out of bed or walk tomorrow.

Diana3271
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Dianne, great to see you here! I just came in looking for a an accountability group and here I found you!!!!!! I am in!!!!

Hi Carla! :wave: Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: It's good to see you over here! :carrot:

I'll be back later. I've been working on the computer/monitor. The new video cable didn't work. I am going to leave it alone for now since it has gotten on my last nerve. :lol:

novangel
01-24-2013, 07:01 PM
bunnabear, Jillian will make you cry from soreness. :lol: So worth it though.

I got an hour and 20 in at the gym. Jogging isn't going so well for me lately, I might have to lay off and stick to ellipticals and weights for a while. My leg bones/joints are not happy. :mad:

pinkflakes
01-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Sorry guys but I have been REAL busy.

Tomorrow I have to travel out of town. Dreading this as it is supposed to be bad weather uggg. Then my daughter is getting a MRA done.

Have a great night all :)

pinkflakes
01-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Calories today: 1015
5 glasses of water/ 40 ounces of coffee
15 min walking/10 mins zumba

down 2 pounds :)

Diana3271
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM

I went to Best Buy today about my monitor. I spoke with the guy at the Geek Squad and the guy that works in the computer dept. They both said that it sounded like the video cable was the problem. In fact the Geek dude had another monitor in there doing the same thing and it needed a new video cable. I was excited since it seemed like the correct fix. Nope, it didn't work. Me and all of my stuff are "special". We do not conform to normal, in any way. Oh well. I made some adjustments so maybe I won't have to look at the color blocks on the screen. The computer is almost 8 years old. I will continue babying it until I can't make it work any longer. Hopefully that won't be any time soon. I can take it into the Geek Squad. They charge $69 to diagnose but fixing it would be extra. I'm not sure that it is even worth it since it's so old.

How long does everyone here keep their computers/how long do they last for you?

I'm not sure if anyone here has had the Geek Squad come out to set up a computer. If you have, what do you think about their service/knowledge? We have always bought our computers through programs/organizations that we are a member. They have always set them up with internet, etc. It has always been so convenient and easy. They charge a small fee but it has always been very worth it. Do they have that type of service with the Geek Squad?

Mamakat How was your day? I hope the gluten didn't make you too miserable. I know it can be rough on you.

Psychic You did well on your food plan. You can tweak it as you go along and you find what works for you.

Krissy My TTOM is like one of those crazy friends or family members that move in your house. You try to help them out for a week and they totally take advantage of you and won't leave. :rofl: You have to get an eviction notice and restraining order against them. :rofl: Enjoy your family dinner. I hope the plumbing problem gets resolved soon.

Radiojane Congrats on the 90 pounds! :carrot: You, know, your Mom may not have meant to hurt you. My Mom said things, while I was losing weight and throughout my life, that hurt me. At the time I was very mad about it and I snipped back at her. Now, I don't think she meant it the way I took it. She is no longer with me and I think about all of that stuff now. You are absolutely beautiful in both of your pictures. You have a wonderful energy that I can see.

Alaskanlaughter I hope you feel better soon.

Syckgirlsfv I hope you feel better soon, too.

Rasagolla Great job on the 5 miles! :carrot:

Ellemphriem Congrats on the 4 pounds and inches.

Bunnabear 30 DS sounds tough! I am going to start that rotation when I finish the one I am on now.

Novangel Why do you think you are having issues with your bones/joints? Do you think you are still recovering from being sick? It can take time to build your stamina back up.

Pinkflakes Stay safe with the bad weather.

Diana3271
01-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
5 roasted peanuts, 2 grilled shrimp, 1 french fry 100 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

pinkflakes
01-24-2013, 11:14 PM

3-4 years. My husband builds computers so I just call him lol.

Psychic
01-25-2013, 06:25 AM

I'm actually a computer technician, so I keep computers running for a long time. My suggestions to you is to try resetting your monitor to factory reset.

Push the selection button or a button on monitor that says "menu." Browse through options (using the arrow buttons on the monitor) until you find "Factory Reset" or "All Reset." Press the selection button/menu again, and when it asks if you want to reset, say YES.

If that doesn't help, I'm going to assume you need to update your graphics driver since you tried another VGA cable. I can't tell you what graphics card you have without looking at your machine, so good luck.

And although this is probably not the solution, its simple enough to try. It can't hurt.

Calibrate Your Display (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Calibrate-your-display)

Good luck! I know how annoying computers can be.

Diana3271
01-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! We made it to the weekend! :woohoo:

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.2
Down: .8

Yesterday was my last day of TTOM! :carrot: I'll be back a little later to read everyone's posts.

mamakat
01-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana Yesterday was DD's 13th bday. We took her to her favorite restaurant, Red Robin, in the mall then walked around for a bit. On our way home she said she wanted a birthday sweet, so we got a small cake...yep, I ate some! I was "figuring" it takes 14 days to clear out of my system and I've only been clean one day, so I'm not really clean. So why not add more onto my system....I swear, I will never learn. And of course, I was "reasoning" stupidly...still thankful I have a home and food to eat...I've got to get out of this mindset or I'm going to eat everything (like when I did as a little girl). That was actually how I gained it all in the first place...eat now since I wasn't sure of my next meal and now I'm in that mindset again. So, I'm dealing with the aches of it, some digestive discomfort but so far so good. I really have to refocus on my health again, now that I know I'll be okay. I just wish it warm up!!!

As for computers...my DH builds and rebuilds ours until he gets irritated that the old things won't take new downloads or whatever they are called. I know nothing about Geek Squad, although we have them we've never used them. DH loves getting all the newest rage. I'm using a very old Gateway laptop that he's offered to replace because it's so old but I won't let him take my baby away...it weighs a ton and it's so outdated but the screen rotates along with raising and lowering, I can't give that luxury up. Hope you figure it out soon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

Missy Krissy
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
GOOD MORNING! Weekly WI = 143.8, down 1.8 from last week :D
Yesterday's cals = unknown, likely too much (family dinner).

I have a busy day ahead of me: DS has a doctor appointment this morning, then I have to do the week's grocery shopping, the fridge needs to be cleaned out, and possibly poker tonight (I may or may not go, it depends how I feel).

Psychic
01-25-2013, 10:19 AM
5am - 290
Saltines - 120
Cream Cheese - 60
Turkey Salami - 110

8:30 am - 160
Oatmeal Cookie Cocoa - 160

12:30 pm - 600
Mcdonalds Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad - 390
Mcdonalds 4 pc. Chicken Nugget - 190

7 pm - 230
Progresso Lite Creamy Potato w/ Bacon & Cheese - 200
Turkey - 30

10 pm - 110
Popcorn w/ Ranch Flavor - 110

Total: 1370
Weight: 188.2
Change: -0.2

Did well today because I'm still under my goal calories. However, I shouldn't have had the chicken nuggets. It seems that my stomach has shrunk already because I don't need as much food in order to be full. I was expecting that salad to be smaller. It was a nice size, filling, and pretty low calorie with the dressing. I would order it again.

Radiojane
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Mamakat I think the "eat now" mindset was and still is a huge issue for me. I was never in any danger of starving, but I had parents that ran their own business and worked really long hours, and I can remember having to wait until 10pm for dinner and just shoveling it in because it felt like I was never going to get food again. Silly, I know, but it some how wired into my head. It's taken a lot of training to tell myself that I'm not going to starve and that there will be more food.

Diana We seem to max out at about 5 years for towers and 3 or 4 for laptops in my household. I have a four year old lap top that I basically use as a media server right now because the hinges on the screen are busted, so we just use it to download and stream to the ps3. I bought my boyfriend an ipad for his birthday last march, and we use it alot, but I think I'd much rather have a laptop. Responding on a message board on an ipad keyboard is a pain in the rear.

Radiojane
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
My body gave right out on me these last few days. I actually stayed home from work on Wednesday. I woke up at my regular time, but I crawled back in to bed and slept until well after noon, and did very little that day, although I did pick up my kettlebells again. I think I started with too much weight though, because I can still feel it in my sides and under my arms. I didn't want to get up at all yesterday either, so I intended to swim at noon, but the pool was closed for some malfunction. I went to bed really early last night and was up at the crack of dawn today. I really think the whole toothache/antibiotics thing did a number on me. Not to mention that for some reason I'm in the middle of a "whoosh" of loss that's probably pretty taxing. Anyways I feel better today. Did 50 minutes in the pool this morning, and scale was down to 341.7

Tomorrow won't be great diet or exercise wise because we'll be leaving for the States early to dress shop and most likely spending the day there. That means no swim and restaurant food. I'll maybe try and be up in time to do some more kettlebells before we leave.

Yesterday Calories In: 1008

Salmon fillet with a little mayo and dill
broccoli with dill dip
coho salmon and cream cheese on gluten free crackers
garlic sausage
Almonds
seafood layered dip on cucumber slices

Yesterday Calories out: 210
20 Minutes of Zumba

Yes

alaskanlaughter
01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
good morning :) i hear you on the whole antibiotic thing...between a couple days of higher calories, impending TOM and antibiotics plus sinus infection, the scale jumped from 181 to 189 in a matter of days...i know logically that i didn't GAIN that, but it's just there and it's frustrating that i have to wait to after TOM to see it back down again

didn't get as much rest as planned last night....lots of DH mood swings :( it's exhausting...luckily the mood swings don't happen to often but when they do, it's random and totally exhausts me...i need to work on distancing myself from other's emotional storms

i'm going to get some more rest now and then hit the gym...my brain is telling me to try to run but i'm not sure what my body will say about that til i get there lol...work should be easy today and my younger son has plans tonight to build Lego houses with me :) it's cute

TheLauren
01-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Diana I bought my Macbook in 2008 and I still use and love it. My mother goes through a laptop every 2 years, or so it seems.

I've been going to the gym and doing my Zumba classes, but I know I need to add in weight training. My BIL lifts heavy, and I'm looking forward to him teaching me proper form.

Rasagolla
01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Radio,hang in there. Alaskan it is frustrating but will be over:)
Mamakat, i think a lot of us do that, cake has some weird magic:)
My stats: no exercise today, under cals yesterday still around 157.6-158.
I think my body thinks it has to hang on to these pounds or something is disastrous:D
Have a good weekend everyone!

mamakat
01-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Rasagolla Yes, cake has a weird magic!!!!!! That's the best way I've ever heard it explained. Cake, it has a weird magic. It sure made me smile last night that's for sure...course the headache today, not so much, but wow at the time I felt magical!

RadioJane I was actually worried on Tuesday if I'd be able to feed myself the next day, but I've been reassured that won't ever ever ever be the case...When I was younger food, like home was held over my head. I was threatened with it...so I tend to fear now, if I'm not a good girl, the past will repeat. So I "hoover" everything. I have mastered "mmm, that tasted really good, can I have some more" with liver pancakes! :lol: I always say it's good and I'll even have seconds even if it's the worst thing ever...DH knows this about me and will ask twice "are you sure it was good"...heck, I once ate an entire meal with gravel in it :p I didn't complain once. I like food and the act of eating....but seriously I thought I had that under control this past three years. I've managed to learn how to eat to fuel and nothing more, but fearing for that next meal has set me off a little, but I know I'll get back on track...I know I will :)

alaskan I am a strong believer in distancing when mood swings hit. I am the one who deals with the swings myself and sometimes I'm acidic. The guilt later is just as bad, sometimes, than the actual mood swing. I have tried to train both my kids to distance themselves from me when I swing bad. We actually had to put locks on the doors because when they were little they just didn't get it. Now they run! I hope you start feeling better soon. Take it easy.

Marniadec
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
So, lately I've been studying and studying and then I studied some more. Six days, seven different exams and I'm already tired beyond belief. God help me.

Just as I became convinced that Intermittent Fasting helps the water retention, I went and carried a lot of weight for a long time and I've only been eating carbs since. I did lose the water plus fourth of a lb, in 3 days though. Even that is a first for me. Five lbs before I'm finally overweight. God help me x2.

Diana3271
01-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I'm sure glad the weekend is here.

Psychic Good job on the .2! Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that but it didn't change anything. It really weird that we all came up with the same diagnosis (video cable) but that's not the problem. Dell did some downloads/upgrades, but that didn't work, either. At Best Buy they said it could also be a video card. I have made some adjustments so I don't have to see the color blocks. I will leave it alone, before I break it. ;) I can deal with it how it is.

Mamakat I hope your DD had a good birthday! Tell her we said Hi and :bday2you:. I understand the "reasoning" and talking yourself into eating certain things. I try to make the voice, that talks me out of it, louder. ;) There always a constant battle going on in my head. ;)

Krissy Good job on the 1.8 pounds! :carrot:

Radiojane I hope you find something really pretty tomorrow. Has the bride picked out a color/style? Have fun!

Alaskanlaughter Were you able to workout today. I hope you feel better.

Lauren When do you think you are going to start adding in weight training?

Rasagolla Hang in there. I hope the scale starts rewarding you soon.

Marniadec I hope you can get rested up this weekend.

Diana3271
01-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Total Approx 1570 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Before dinner I was starving and had some green beans 100 calories
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
LM HIIT Shock Plyo w/12's
LM Combat 30 w/weighted gloves

Radiojane
01-25-2013, 09:52 PM
diana she's picked a teal tea length with a black sash at the waist. They look like they'll be quite nice.

pinkflakes
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Calories today: 1502
3 glasses of water/40 ounces of coffee/1 soda
20 min zumba/10 min pilates

novangel
01-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Diana, I was having bad pain in my legs/thighs and moderate in my hip joints when I was jogging. My left shin on the inside of my leg was the worst, if I pressed it felt like it was terribly bruised. Today it's much better but I'm laying off.

I spent about an hour and 10min at the gym today doing weights, ellipticals and ab work. I have been eating good so I plan to weigh in tomorrow but I'm not getting my hopes up. My scale has been stuck for a long time. *sigh*

TheLauren
01-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Radiojane I think teal will look wonderful on you!

Diana I decided to start as soon as possible, hopefully Sunday.

I just found out I'm going to Florida for 2 weeks- leaving Thursday. I'm hoping my Cuban grandmother understands I choose not to eat all the delicious food I'm sure she will cook. I am being optimistic that I will continue my workouts while I'm there. There is a pool, and the weather there is much more conducive to jogging.

Misti in Seattle
01-26-2013, 05:58 AM
Good morning, everyone. Just checking in. Trying to keep things going with all the overtime and working out... not much else gets done LOL.

Happy weekend!

Diana3271
01-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Enjoy your weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1570 + :coffee:
No Change

bunnabear
01-26-2013, 07:49 AM
The scale is still moving slowly but surely. Yesterday was official weigh in and I was 158.2. Today will be day 3 of 30DS and I'm nervous because I'm so sore from days 1 and 2...yikes! Yesterday I also opted to do 25 mins of Zumba in addition to 30DS so I was pretty beat. Have a great weekend everyone!

racrane
01-26-2013, 09:20 AM
I ate ok yesterday. Had half a pepsi and a soft pretzel for a sporting event yesterday but I shared it and it was my only splurge. I did cardio for a half hour, too.

I'm struggling now with finding time to exercise. With my ankle I still can't do my workout DVD's. (Lots of jumps) I can do the exercise bike and elliptical at the gym but I'm having trouble going more than twice a week. Any suggestions for workouts at home?

pinkflakes
01-26-2013, 09:26 AM
I did Day 1 of Level 1 of the 30 day shred and it really whipped my tail! I knew it would be a good workout but I figured since its only about 25 minutes, how bad could it be? Well, Jillian Michaels gets every millisecond worth out of you. I survived but not sure if I'll be able to get out of bed or walk tomorrow.

I just started this today! I only made it through about 10 mins...kicked my butt!

Psychic
01-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I messed up yesterday and binged. I did real well during the first half of the day, but then Nate came home with doritos and cheese sauce and cake. I probably ate over 2000 calories yesterday. :o

However, I'm down to 187.6 pounds today.

bunnabear
01-26-2013, 09:49 AM
I just started this today! I only made it through about 10 mins...kicked my butt!

It is tough! I was amazed that she could pack that much workout into around 25 minutes (including warm up and very brief cool down). The second day was easier than the first except for pushups because my chest was sore. I'm nervous about Day 3 today though because the leg soreness has caught up with me and they are quite sore - not sure if I can survive that static lunge/bicep curl combo or the squat/press combo but I'm going to try to push through. Have you joined the 30 day shred thread? :carrot:

Diana3271
01-26-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm struggling now with finding time to exercise. With my ankle I still can't do my workout DVD's. (Lots of jumps) I can do the exercise bike and elliptical at the gym but I'm having trouble going more than twice a week. Any suggestions for workouts at home?

Here's a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. It's a free, full length 2 mile cardio workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cE1jxDS3HY You can do a search for more on youtube. If you like Leslie you can buy a DVD or even check one out from the library.

novangel
01-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I only have 2 seconds to post because I have to be somewhere but I finally hit 143!!!!! :carrot::carrot:

I'm only 3 pounds away from goal! This is the thinnest I have been since giving birth 10 years ago.

bunnabear
01-26-2013, 04:56 PM
I only have 2 seconds to post because I have to be somewhere but I finally hit 143!!!!! :carrot::carrot:

I'm only 3 pounds away from goal! This is the thinnest I have been since giving birth 10 years ago.

Awesome!!!! :D

pinkflakes
01-26-2013, 05:40 PM
It is tough! I was amazed that she could pack that much workout into around 25 minutes (including warm up and very brief cool down). The second day was easier than the first except for pushups because my chest was sore. I'm nervous about Day 3 today though because the leg soreness has caught up with me and they are quite sore - not sure if I can survive that static lunge/bicep curl combo or the squat/press combo but I'm going to try to push through. Have you joined the 30 day shred thread? :carrot:

Good luck! Yeah she is tough lol

Naw I have not joined that thread yet.

pinkflakes
01-26-2013, 05:41 PM

yay! congrats!

Diana3271
01-26-2013, 10:05 PM

We went to an oyster roast tonight. I hung out with the guys around the fire eating oysters and grilled shrimp. I stayed away from the snippy women. ;) You gotta love the "Did you see what SO and So wore to the NYE party :yikes: I wouldn't get caught dead in something like that" :lol: Or "Did you see So and So? She looks like she is pregnant" Blah Blah Blah! I don't have time for that mess. :rofl: I don't even have the energy to fake getting along with people when they act like that.

I really don't even know how to count my dinner. I am going to average the calories like my other Saturday's. I actually think my calories are low, but the sodium might be high from the oysters.

TMI ALERT: I thought TTOM had given up and evacuated the building. He decided to make his presence be known again, today. That is very unusual for me. TTOM stopped on Thursday, but I still had some cramping yesterday. I only had light spotting today. I know the thyroid has some effect on TTOM. So maybe it's just going to take some time to get regulated. Also, I'm probably in perimenopause. My Mom stopped her TTOM in her early 40's. I will be 45 this year. I was hoping that things would have slowed down by now.

Total approx 1605 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (360 Calories)
2 SO Coconut Milk Mini's 160 calories
Greek Yogurt 200 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
1 hush puppy 50 calories
2 servings green bean 200 calories
grilled shrimp no sauce or seasoning 200 calories
steamed oysters no sauce or seasoning 400 calories

Exercise:

Diana3271
01-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Radiojane How was the dress shopping. I think the dress will be very flattering style.

Lauren Maybe if you eat smaller portions, you can enjoy her food and hopefully she will understand that you are trying to be healthy.

Misti I hope you had a great day!

Bunnabear Good job!

Psychic Today is a new day. Get right back on your plan.

Novangel congrats on the 143! :carrot:

pinkflakes
01-27-2013, 05:36 AM

We went to an oyster roast tonight. I hung out with the guys around the fire eating oysters and grilled shrimp. I stayed away from the snippy women. ;) You gotta love the "Did you see what SO and So wore to the NYE party :yikes: I wouldn't get caught dead in something like that" :lol: Or "Did you see So and So? She looks like she is pregnant" Blah Blah Blah! I don't have time for that mess. :rofl: I don't even have the energy to fake getting along with people when they act like that.

I really don't even know how to count my dinner. I am going to average the calories like my other Saturday's. I actually think my calories are low, but the sodium might be high from the oysters.

TMI ALERT: I thought TTOM had given up and evacuated the building. He decided to make his presence be known again, today. That is very unusual for me. TTOM stopped on Thursday, but I still had some cramping yesterday. I only had light spotting today. I know the thyroid has some effect on TTOM. So maybe it's just going to take some time to get regulated. Also, I'm probably in perimenopause. My Mom stopped her TTOM in her early 40's. I will be 45 this year. I was hoping that things would have slowed down by now.

Total approx 1605 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (360 Calories)
2 SO Coconut Milk Mini's 160 calories
Greek Yogurt 200 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
1 hush puppy 50 calories
2 servings green bean 200 calories
grilled shrimp no sauce or seasoning 200 calories
steamed oysters no sauce or seasoning 400 calories

Exercise:

I agree I can't be around those types either. I can barley keep up with my own life... much less gossip lol.

pinkflakes
01-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Good Morning!

Calories yesterday: 1182
6 glasses of water/ 1 sweet tea/ 24 ounces of coffee/1 redbull
10 min 30 ds/ 15 min zumba/ 10 min pilates

I hope I make it through day2 of the 30 DS.:dizzy:

bunnabear
01-27-2013, 08:28 AM

I'm with you on that. I have no patience for that type of gossip and catty behavior...it's mentally exhausting. I sometimes become the topic because I avoid it but I figure that takes the heat off of someone else :D

I'm on for 30 day shred level 1 day 4 today. I think I'll throw in some extra cardio too...probably Zumba. :jig:

Diana3271
01-27-2013, 09:20 AM

Pinkflakes and Bunnabear I am watching your posts on 30 DS. I bought the program earlier this month and will be doing it after my current rotation. I'm not sure if I am doing the full 30 DS rotation alone or another rotation that I found that incorporates 30 DS along with BFBM and NMTZ. I think JM came up with this rotation and calls it 30 Day Slim Down. I read about it in other places beside MFP and it sounds good. Here's a link to that rotation: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/264676-starting-jillian-michaels-30-day-slim-down-rotation

Ok, so I know sodium is not my friend, but really?! :lol: Body, let me get rid of some water weight. :lol:

Calories for yesterday: 1605 + :coffee:

Missy Krissy
01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Good Morning. I didn't post yesterday, but I have been on track calorie wise. Yesterday's calories = under 1700.

I've been a little discouraged because yesterday's WI was 145.8 and this morning's WI was 145.6 (up from Friday's WI of 143.8). I know that I've been accurate in my calorie intake and I haven't eaten anything overly salty. The only thing I can think of to explain it would be maybe TTOM is coming? I'm on day 26 of my "cycle" - I use the term loosely because I've only just started getting my TOM again since DS was born, so I'm still re-learning my body's rhythms.

bunnabear
01-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Diana - I also bought the Ripped in 30 DVD so I'm planning to do that after I complete 30DS. I have read about others doing that rotation that you mentioned. Thanks for the link, I'll check in out. I'm on a mission for a planned trip in late April/early May so if I complete 30DS and Ripped I'll need something else to throw in before the trip and the link you posted may just get me there. Thanks!

Radiojane
01-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi guys!

Didn't post yesterday due to dress shopping, but I swam for 45 minutes Friday and was well within my calories.

Yesterday was exhausting! My feet hurt after all that shoppimg, but I had a good time. Turns out I just fit the biggest dress size they offer now, but if I were to gain or lose a lot, they can put in corset backs. Thank goodness I started my new life when I did, because I would have been in trouble 90 pounds ago! The bride's dress is gorgeous and it fits her like a glove. We ate out for lunch but I stuck to a steak & Veggies. The pasta was tempting though!

Yesterday calories in:1595
Garlic sausage
Cottage cheese
Mixed fresh veggies
Dip
Green tea
Steak
Garden salad
Steamed veggies
3 deep fried cheese curds
A handful of white chocolate covered pretzels
A few bites of an egg salad sandwich

Calories out:? I'm guestimating 700 just in walking. We made miles yesterday.

racrane
01-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for that dvd recommendation, Diana. :) I'm definitely going to try it today. I just want to keep my body moving.

pinkflakes
01-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Pinkflakes and Bunnabear I am watching your posts on 30 DS. I bought the program earlier this month and will be doing it after my current rotation. I'm not sure if I am doing the full 30 DS rotation alone or another rotation that I found that incorporates 30 DS along with BFBM and NMTZ. I think JM came up with this rotation and calls it 30 Day Slim Down. I read about it in other places beside MFP and it sounds good. Here's a link to that rotation: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/264676-starting-jillian-michaels-30-day-slim-down-rotation

Ok, so I know sodium is not my friend, but really?! :lol: Body, let me get rid of some water weight. :lol:

Calories for yesterday: 1605 + :coffee:

Thanks for the link! :)

Trenchie
01-27-2013, 12:07 PM
still here... had a bit of a set back during my trip, I am only .4 pounds down, that sucks

novangel
01-27-2013, 12:11 PM
I hung out with the guys around the fire eating oysters and grilled shrimp. I stayed away from the snippy women. ;) You gotta love the "Did you see what SO and So wore to the NYE party :yikes: I wouldn't get caught dead in something like that" :lol: Or "Did you see So and So? She looks like she is pregnant" Blah Blah Blah! I don't have time for that mess. :rofl: I don't even have the energy to fake getting along with people when they act like that.

It's amazing, you'd think by 40 (some, not all. I'm not generalizing) women would stop being so catty but it's like H.S. never leaves. The most petty women in my office are the ones in their 50's..I don't know if they're bitter or what. I don't have time for that crap either.

I got in about an hour and 10 last night at the gym, today is a rest day. We're supposed to get a bad ice storm plus I was out too late last night so I'm dragging. :tired:

Radiojane
01-27-2013, 12:29 PM
I can only handle about 5 seconds of petty women at any age... That's why I have guy friends! Lol

alaskanlaughter
01-27-2013, 03:14 PM
i definitely caved into hunger last night...i made it til 9:30 p.m. and i was still starvingggg....i had tried tea, i tried resting, i tried all my tricks and i was STILL sooo hungry and i had already hit 1500 calories, my planned max amount.....

so then i ate 6 chicken nuggets, a small plate of mac n cheese, and a bowl of ice cream....i added it up to 700 calories :( and then i wasnt hungry anymore and i didn't let it slide into an all-you-can-eat-in-the-kitchen event either lol

i know TOM is coming, which is probably why i was so hungry....am trying for a better calorie day today

Diana3271
01-27-2013, 08:19 PM

TTOM is still going on. :mad:

Total Approx 1505 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (700 Calories)
Chicken Salad Wrap 400 calories
2 orders Steamed veggies 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner 410 calories
WW Smart Ones Thai Style White Meat chicken and rice noodles 290 calories
Extra Chicken 120 calories

Exercise
None - I went to my Mom's house today. It seems like when I go there first, I end up leaving too late to workout. I either need to workout first or get an earlier start.

pinkflakes
01-28-2013, 05:28 AM
Calories yesterday: 1469

4 glasses of water/ 1 sweet tea/ 1 red bull/ 40 ounces of coffee

day 2 of 30 DS

mamakat
01-28-2013, 06:38 AM
Monday Morning WI 175.8 up .6. I'm guessing last week is catching up to me. That and no exercise, I'm up, up, up. Hopefully this week will be better. Today is supposed to reach 32 degrees so I'm going to take advantage of the good weather and clean the rats cages...DD has avoided it at all cost ARGH. That'll be today's exercise. DS only has one class today so I'll wait til he's out and make a run to the craft store for some bells. The rats like playing with bells in balls but they eat the balls :p Other than that, I have no plans.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day

Diana3271
01-28-2013, 07:14 AM

Well, the month is winding down. I am up .4 over last Monday. I'm still dealing with TTOM, it's only spotting. Not sure what's up with that.

Calories for yesterday: 1505 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160 (TTOM :?: not sure if I should use this :?: or :mad:)
Down: 1.2 pounds

TonyTony91 Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Pinkflakes How did the workout feel?

mamakat Good to see you check-in.

Psychic
01-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Saturday
Calories: 1300
Weight: 187.6
Change: -0.7

Sunday
Calories: 1732
Weight: 187.6

Gotta get back in the groove of things today.

Diana3271
01-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Psychic Good job on the .7! :carrot:

pinkflakes
01-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Pinkflakes How did the workout feel?

It was rough not going lie. My legs are KILLING me this morning.
Hoping the soreness goes away so I can manage to do day 3.

Psychic
01-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Its odd how some days I'm not even hungry anymore. Keeping junk out of the house is helping me a lot, but I pigged out while at my parents yesterday and on Friday night when my fiance brought junk food home with him.

alaskanlaughter
01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
i did better on my eating yesterday but still felt very very tired...probably the sinus infection and antibiotics...my teeth on the top on that side are SOOOO sensitive that i'm half tempted to not wait til the antibiotics are done, to just go to a dentist, but my rational mind KNOWS this is because the infection is pressing on the nerves to those teeth ugh...i'm hoping this doesn't turn into 5 rounds of antibiotics, similar to my ear infections last year

no one feels good this morning either....stomach problems...i'm letting teenager and DH sleep in and younger son is already up...both kids will stay home from school today...i went to my morning work shift n now i'm home for awhile, i'm going to snooze in my chair next

did i mention i was exposed to chickenpox and i'm not vaccinated for it?...ughhh

and the weather today is cold with wind chills down to 20 below zero....tonight we're expecting 14 inches of snow....i need a nap :(

Radiojane
01-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Weigh in was 339 this morning, so four pounds to go!

Yesterday was a whole bunch of mini cheats - my mom came to down and took me to KFC because she wanted hot wings, but I had a few bites of popcorn chicken, then one of the reece's candy we took to my brother's kids. I still count it as a victory though because I could have caved and ordered a whole meal but I didn't, and I stayed in my caloric budget.

Work is irritating me today - I had a trade show in the mall on the weekend, and I had to be away for the dress thing, but it was independently set up and operated, so I made sure the tables and stuff were set up the day before and thought everything was fine. Apparently my maintenance guy picked a fight with the organizer though, so I got to work today and everyone was mad at eachother and me! Grrr!

Yesterday Calories In:1694
Garlic Sausage
Fried eggs
broccoli and snap peas
cottage cheese
popcorn chicken
green tea
reese's candy
basa fillet
steamed veggies
2 oreo cookies

Calories out:1157
45 Minutes water aerobics.

coffeeshopgirl
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm back from feeling "awesome" from a 2-week long walking cold and an equally "awesome" TOM. Needless to say, I ate terribly and the cravings were stronger than they've been in a while. Weird. Anyway, I'm sure I am up a few pounds, but I don't want to see until Feb 1st. I dont' expect to be down to 180 like i put in my ticker mini-goal, but at least i'll have an idea of where I am after 1 week of consistently good eating choices.

I've been struggling with night eating, which is for me anything past 8pm. Yesterday was a win! And I'm hoping tonight will be a win too. We shall see.

Hoping everyone is staying warm and making healthy choices!

aka8941
01-28-2013, 01:48 PM
whelp, the scale is out of batteries. I think I'm at 206.0 or so this morning because I pigged out on lean cuisine at 3AM. Scale isn't moving that much but I feel better and look better in my clothes so I'm blaming it on water retention from the pill. Will probably run tonight and will be busy all day.

bunnabear
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
It was rough not going lie. My legs are KILLING me this morning.
Hoping the soreness goes away so I can manage to do day 3.

It's strange but the day 3 workout actually helped the soreness for me. I didn't think I could get through but I felt less sore after I finished it.

novangel
01-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Ugh. A patient brought in a big box of donuts but so far I have resisted temptation. I know one won't ruin me since I'll exercise tonight but it's unnecessary calories I don't want to work an extra 40 minutes to get rid of.

I'm not a big sweets person but I do love donuts.

BBL to check in.

TheLauren
01-28-2013, 04:30 PM
The scale keeps going down, so I am quite happy with that! I weighed in this morning at 276.5!

I saw friends that I haven't seen since I started my weight loss, and I felt great, but I was a little sad they didn't notice my weight loss or hair cut.

Went horseback riding after being away for 2 weeks. Oh boy, are my legs sore! My trainer definitely pushes me. It is the most fun and exhilarating workout I could imagine.

novangel
01-28-2013, 06:51 PM
I caved and ate 1/2 of a donut. Oh well....on to the gym to get rid of it. ;)

pinkflakes
01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
It's strange but the day 3 workout actually helped the soreness for me. I didn't think I could get through but I felt less sore after I finished it.

I am going to take a break from it today and pick back up tomorrow.

Diana3271
01-28-2013, 09:49 PM

Pinkflakes Hang in there. It will get easier. Stretching and walking will help with the lactic acid (soreness).

Psychic I'm with you on the junk food. I don't have sweets in the house that I like. We can have DH's stuff in the house, because I don't like it. :dizzy:

Alaskanlaughter I hope the family is feeling better today.

Radiojane Good job enjoying those foods in moderation.

Coffeeshopgirl Stay strong against the nighttime snacking.

Aka Did you get that run in today?

Bunnabear Hi :wave:

Novangel Good job stopping at 1/2 a donut and keeping things in moderation.

Lauren Great job on the scale going down. Sorry that your friends didn't notice your weight loss. I'm not one that notices stuff like that, either. Something funny about me. Most people didn't notice that I had lost anything until I was down about 90 pounds. It's because I carry most of my weight below my waist. Most people see me behind my desk, so they didn't notice for a while. Also, I didn't replace my clothes on a regular basis. I was always in clothes that were 2 or 3 sizes too big.

Diana3271
01-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Total Approx 1300 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (530 Calories)
Pasta e Fagioli soup 130 calories
Venetian Apricot Chicken 400 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

novangel
01-28-2013, 10:56 PM
The gym was so packed tonight. I was only there about 40 minutes on the elliptical and weights but I burned 300 cals... I'll take it. Better than nothing.

Goodnight!

novangel
01-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Oh, tomorrow is going to be freakishly warm (65 degrees!) so maybe I will get out for a nice walk. :cloud9: I'd jog but I don't want to irritate my legs since they've been feeling good. I'll save that for the treadmill over pounding concrete.

So tomorrow may be double exercise. Walk and then gym later in the day. ;)

TheLauren
01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I just realized I have lost 10% of my body weight!!! I feel so much lighter!

Thanks everyone for the support. It has really helped.

Radiojane
01-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Woohoo Lauren!

aka8941
01-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Diana-no..but I did a lot more activity during the day than normal. My scale went to scale heaven today, but the next one will be here in two days. Gotta love that Amazon Prime 2 day shipping! Didn't do too hot on eating today but all is not lost. Will get it back tomorrow.

mamakat
01-29-2013, 06:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Ninety minute delay today, not sure why. There was an early dismissal yesterday, not sure why. I didn't get to the cages because I wash them outside and the weather changed from 32 and sunny to 28, gray and snowing. I did get them bells though. I can't do it today because I've got to go to New Haven. Tuesdays come around fast.

TheLauren awesome job on the 10% down, that's a nice accomplishment. People didn't really start noticing my loss until I lost around 75 lbs. I'd point it out though :p I mostly drew attention to the fact that I wasn't on a cane and that I could out hike the kids :)

Novangel 1/2 a donut, wow, that is will power. I know that if I even stuck one bite in, I'd eat the whole thing. I am a sweets addict and donuts of any kind fill the rush so quickly. That is awesome will power and dedication to the gym.

coffeeshopgirl glad to see you, hope you are feeling better. congrats on the night eating thing. I get my dinner after 8 every night...DH cooks after he gets home from work and grocery shopping (that he prefers to do nightly :shrug:). Sometimes we eat around 9.30 which is weird, but I wonder if it stops affecting people if it's a constant and it's within the diets boundaries. Couldn't really say, as I'm not gaining weight, but right now I'm not losing, either. Keep up the great work.

RadioJane 4 more pounds to go...that is so awesome!

Diana :wave: Had a weird weekend, hanging out with the youngest and her friends and at the mall. We played hide and seek and the kid I was with was a giggler. He made me laugh, he was so out of control. My DD says her friends love me...it's cuz I'm one of them :p I met the giggler's mom while I was in the boy's fitting room waiting for another kid, who was trying on a dress. Yep, a boy trying on a dress. Later, we went home 2 friends in tow and I bleached and colored the boy's hair...then he and DD colored mine. We had a great girl's night, pizza and boy talk all night long. LOL, we joked about how he was the girl I always wanted. Sunday I slept because of stress, but Saturday was good.

Pinkflakes How is your DD doing?

Well, I have a quiet moment so I think I should use it to my advantage. I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

wanted to clarify: I did not eat any pizza. I had safe food. :D

Diana3271
01-29-2013, 07:07 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1300 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160
No Change

Missy Krissy
01-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Yesterday's calories = 1758. Morning WI = 145.6. :mad::mad:

Psychic
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
5:30 am - 420
Baguatte - 100
Mushroom & Spinach Pizza - 320

10am - 140
Chips Ahoy Thin Crisps - 100
Mandarin Orange - 40

12 pm - 400
Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli - 290
Danimals Smoothies Wild Watermelon - 70
Mandarin Orange - 40

5pm - 140
Doritos - 140

7pm - 460
Kickin' Buffalo-Style Chicken Soup - 260
Chips - 100
Cheese Dip - 100

Total: 1560
Weight: 187.9
Change: +0.3

Exercise: Did over 1.5 miles on the treadmill at 3-4 mph and occasional incline between 1-2.5. Used resistance on arms and did leg presses. Used weight machines for all main muscles.

I need to get these chips out of the house. I was doing so well before Nate brought them home. Chips and French Fries are my downfall.

novangel
01-29-2013, 11:10 AM
mamakat, I think being 3p away from goal has upped my will power greatly. Normally I would've eaten the whole thing but I just want to see 140p on the scale in the worst way.

No walk today, it's warm but raining and it's only going to get worse. They're calling for bad thunderstorms with possible tornadoes...in January.

I'm going to run errands before all heck breaks loose and hopefully I can get to the gym and home before 4pm. I don't like being away from home when they're talking 100mph winds. :yikes: I hope I don't lose power. :/

BBL

pinkflakes
01-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Pinkflakes How is your DD doing?

Still waiting on test. But she is doing good. Thanks for asking.

pinkflakes
01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Yesterdays calories- 1095
4 glasses of water/ 40 ounces of coffee/ 1 soda

alaskanlaughter
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
see my post in general chatter about sinuses :( ughhhh

as long as i dont set off the pain with hot/cold foods or chewing/moving my jaw much, i seem to be getting better....

i worked out yesterday and ran 2 miles total on the treadmill with an additional 1.25 or so miles walked as a fast pace....eating seems to be back on track too although i keep creeping just over 1500 per day still

i'm STILL dreaming about food....ugh what is with this??....the other night i went to bed hungry and dreamed about eating my veggie steamers and then pigging out on fried chicken at a restaurant....then the night before last, i dreamed about being at a restaurant but it didnt' involve food as the focus...then last night i dreamed about making a whole pan of valentine brownies, it was very specific, pink frosting, pink sprinkles with a tiny mini cupcake set on top in the middle...it was for DH and i for valentine's day...then i dreamed i ate a piece, then another piece, then MORE until at least 3/4 of the pan was gone and i had to go to the store to get more brownie mix to re-do it...and i wasn't even hungry when i went to bed

we're supposed to get up to 14 inches of snow today...and it's cold, in the teens or colder...i'll be out of the house the rest of the day for work stuff...fun fun

novangel
01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Yesterday's calories = 1758. Morning WI = 145.6. :mad::mad:

Scales suck. I wish they could break down percentages of what's actual fat and what's water. I dare to dream.

TheLauren
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Alaskanlaughter My friend mentioned cold sesame noodles last night, and I had a dream I was eating them. I used to dream about food a lot when I was on Diets. I would dream that I was bingeing, and I would wake up so disappointed and sad.

Syckgirlsfv
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
ugh, I'm alive (mostly)! Sick all last week...got my 5 day zpack and took the last pill yesterday so I'm SO much better. I'd say I'm about 85%...haven't been to the gym though, since I don't want to risk getting sicker. I figure on going Friday night to step-class, though! Can't WAIT!

Today's been good so far -
2 waffles, egg sub, and american cheese for breakfast
strawberry LaLa smoothie for snack
high protein tofu w/shredded cheese and salse for lunch. So far at 596, with a Fuji apple for my mid-afternoon nosh (and PB2!)
I'm planning on simmering chicken breast in Trader Joe's thai green curry sauce tonight, and serving over jasmine rice. And of course, SALAD!

all that time laying around and not counting calories while sick, and the scale STILL says 166. it did go up a couple pounds and then back down due to water, though. I'm looking forward to getting back on track.

Radiojane
01-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Just got back from the dentist. Yanked 3 instead of 2. Not looking forward to when the local wears off :( to top it off someone ran a red and I just about got creamed on the way home.

338.2 today on the scale. Can't wait for 100!

Calories in yesterday:1668
Cheese
Almonds
Smokies
Mixed veggies
Roast beef
One chocolate turtle

Calories out: 814
Swimming

Marniadec
01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi guys, I hope you're all doing well! I read about how some of you started 30DS. I actually ordered that and the one with fat and metabolism on the title? I don't remember the entire name. I found them very cheap on amazon.co.uk. They're on their way to my parents' sadly because Amazon won't let me update my address. I'm looking forward to trying them, too!

I thought that IF was helping with the water retention but then it stopped. I'm so sick of it that I don't even. I saw someone saying that pedialyte helps those that have Hashimoto's with water retention and I thought I'd try it. I told my best friend and we got in a huge fight because she thinks that my symptoms are ~psychosomatic~. It led to me doubting myself and I've been a mess for a few days. My mom, my brother and her were the only ones I'd tell when I felt bad and both her and my mom have told me that I'm faking it because they both know people who have thyroid problems and they're fine. I feel like nobody understands me and I'm completely alone, which then makes me think that I'm acting like a teenager --immature and childish.

She told me that focusing so much on the water retention means that I'm hypochondriac and OCD and those point to it being something I'm causing myself. I can't walk, exercise, eat salt, overeat, eat less, eat anything out of the ordinary, sleep too much, sleep too little, sleep later/earlier than usual, I can't do anything without gaining water. I know that because I weigh myself every day. I wear a ring that it's huge on my fingers and they get so swollen that I get blisters from it, that's how bad it is. I've given up countless times because it gets in my nerves so much. I ignored it, I ate and drank things that have diuretic properties, I took supplements that have diuretic properties and nothing makes it go away. IF was the only thing that worked and that lasted 2 weeks. I think that I've earned the right to dread it and hate it the way I do and I also think that it's not normal to bloat like this and it's not fake if it has persisted for almost three years in the least. Anyway, I took almora, which is the greek version of pedialyte and today I was 186 whereas yesterday I was 190, so it worked. Lol, I've really been a mess lately though.:p

novangel
01-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Just got back from the dentist. Yanked 3 instead of 2. Not looking forward to when the local wears off :( to top it off someone ran a red and I just about got creamed on the way home.

:( I hope the Doc gave you something to take for pain.

Radiojane
01-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Just instructions to take ibuprofen and a muscle relaxant. I do however have codeine left from when the toothache started, so I'll be ok.

racrane
01-29-2013, 08:01 PM
I ate a lot today. Nothing too horrible, but I ate a lot. Ate about 500 calories worth of trail mix, whoops.

I am exhausted from going to school all day then squeezing in homework with a baby. Trying to find time to work out, but I can't. :(

Diana3271
01-29-2013, 09:05 PM

No signs of TTOM today. :carrot:

Novangel Good job on getting to the gym yesterday. All of the New Year's Resolutions start wearing off by the end of January and the gym starts slowing down. Hopefully it will thin out to a comfortable level, soon. We are having warm temps here, too. It's close to 80. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad there.

Lauren Congrats on the 10%!

AKA What kind of scale did you get?

Mamakat Ok, now I need some help. Tell me about your new avatar. Is that you looking out a window? It's small and I can't tell. It sounds like all of you had a blast this weekend. I hope everything went well in New Haven.

Krissy Sorry about the weigh in. They can happen for no reason.

Psychic Excellent job at the gym! :carrot:

Pinkflakes Keep us updated on your DD.

Alaskanlaughter Sorry you are having such a rough time with your sinuses. I don't dream about food, but I do fantasize about it. I will think about food that I haven't had in a while, like Mexican food (nachos, burritos), anything with peanut butter, NY cheese cake, especially chocolate cheese cake, and cookies! I love cookies! Especially peanut butter cookies. :drool: Oh yeah, and I love brownies, too! I could see me eating the whole pan, too. :lol: :drool:

Syckgirlsfv Sorry to hear that you have been so sick. Sounds awful. Glad you are feeling better, though.

Radiojane Ouch! On the bright side, you should start feeling better. I hope you do. You have suffered long enough with the pain. Do you have anymore work that needs to be done?

Marniadec I hope you like the new workouts. I'm not sure about the Pedialyte and water retention. Do you eat a lot of salt? I am very salt sensitive and I have angio edema. I can tell when I am having issues. With the edma, when I wake up, and proceed to get up or (sorry for the TMI) when I go to to the bathroom, I feel that my face/lips is swollen with the forward bend motion. It is very obvious. With salt/PMS I feel it more in my feet at the end of the day and my hands and fingers in the AM. You might need to watch certain foods that contain sodium, processed foods, or MSG. I am very sensitive to MSG, too. I rarely eat recipe foods out. Mostly grilled protein and steamed veggies, so seasoning. I still have a lot of issues.

Racrane Just watch your food, if there is not enough time for working out. That's understandable and you can still lose weight.

Diana3271
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Updated: Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled steak 400 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

ETA: I just ate a Fage 0% w/stevia and instant decaf for 100 calories. For some reason, dinner didn't fill me up. I was waiting to see how it would go, but I became hungry

Exercise:
LM Hiit Power w/12's
LM Combat Live 30 w/weighted gloves

Radiojane
01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
I will need at either a root canal or another extraction on the other side. My dentist wants to see if my wisdom teeth come in on the other side. If it does, than it's more likely to come in on the right, so I'd have less of a gap if I choose to pull the other one.