Ideal Protein Diet - Would 1 T of greek yogurt be an ok substitute for daily milk allowance?

wildviolets
01-07-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure where to ask this. I've searched the forums and could not find this anywhere. I made the cookies with IP packets and feel like they are a Godsend as I'm getting sick of the soups.

Anyway, they are REALLY dry and I feel like they need something so I put a little vanilla stevia in 1T of greek yogurt and made icing. It was delicious! The count would be 0 fat, .5g carbs, 1.4 protein.

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!
Denise

KitKat169
01-07-2013, 10:40 AM
My coach allows me to substitute 1 oz feta cheese because I don't use the skim milk but she asked me to compare the nutritional values to skim milk first to ensure I pick the right one. I haven't done that with your Greek yogurt yet but at first glance it looks ok.

My coach also prefers when I have the cheese earlier in the day to mimic the timing of the skim milk and to keep it away from my evening protein.

maezy1
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
My coach allows me to substitute 1 oz feta cheese because I don't use the skim milk but she asked me to compare the nutritional values to skim milk first to ensure I pick the right one. I haven't done that with your Greek yogurt yet but at first glance it looks ok.

My coach also prefers when I have the cheese earlier in the day to mimic the timing of the skim milk and to keep it away from my evening protein.

THX Kitkat - good to know!

wildviolets
01-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the input! I'll see my coach on Thursday and double check.

Bella73123
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure where to ask this. I've searched the forums and could not find this anywhere. I made the cookies with IP packets and feel like they are a Godsend as I'm getting sick of the soups.

Anyway, they are REALLY dry and I feel like they need something so I put a little vanilla stevia in 1T of greek yogurt and made icing. It was delicious! The count would be 0 fat, .5g carbs, 1.4 protein.

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!
Denise

I found that when I made the cookies with EVOO they were kind of hard and dry, but when I made them with coconut oil they were light and fluffy. Maybe try coconut oil if you are using EVOO, there are tremendous health benefits to coconut oil as well.

wildviolets
01-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks I'll try the coconut oil!