Old 12-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Finding the Right Meeting & Leader or do Online?

So, I had a little success with WW a couple of years ago but wound up HATING the meetings. I know that I need support and accountability but I feel like I can't find a meeting that works for me.

I re-joined today and seriously need help finding a good meeting!

I'm 29 and I have an insanely busy career, I need tips to survive a busy life and not just geared towards stay at home moms! I don't eat food off of my kid's plates, I meet clients for cocktails! I know that if I were a mom and had that life these meetings would be amazing, I just have a different lifestyle.

Is it the meetings that I'm going to? Is it because I live in surburbia and there are more SAHM's here? Am I being unreasonable?

Frustrated rant over, how did YOU find the right meeting and leader?
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #2  

I don't think you are being unreasonable. Everyone needs different things. I had my leader recommended to me and I really liked her. I have moved on from WW, but I definitely recognize it can help.

Now I get all the support, encouragement, and accountability from 3FC forum.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

That may just be your demographics. I only know of one regular SAHM in my meeting. Most of us either work, or are retired. We have several professionals as well as other people with busy lives. Maybe you could try another time slot? I usually go on Thursday mornings, and have noticed if I go on Fri or Sat mornings, that it's a totally different style of group. Lots of young adults and married couples on Saturday mornings that can't get away from work on the weekdays, for example.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Thanks, Jennifer!

I'm thinking that Saturday or Sunday mornings will be my "normal" I just had yesterday and today off so I will cross my fingers for this weekend!
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #5  

Yeah, I think with Sat. or Sunday meetings - or meetings later in the evening (on weekdays) - you should see more people with jobs outside the home. I've found Saturday morning meetings tend to be the most attended meetings.

I've also done meetings by my office at lunch time and everyone there is also working.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/170.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum..smile...was a SAHM for many years and enjoyed the morning meetings with like-minded women. However, I'm now in my late 40's, "retired" from full time mommy-hood and my part time job, so my needs are different. I found a wonderful morning meeting w/other retired folks, most of them older than myself but we do share common interests/goals and lifestyles. My leader is about my age and I feel I can relate to her; just yesterday she was saying that it's important to shop around and find the right meeting and leader, each person is different and it's not a one-size-fits-all kind of situation.

After "failing" at online WW for many years (blush) I'm back to the meetings. I find that I need the camaraderie and accountability the face to face provides. But that's just me.

Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll find the right fit!
vegangypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlieJayhawk View Post
So, I had a little success with WW a couple of years ago but wound up HATING the meetings. I know that I need support and accountability but I feel like I can't find a meeting that works for me.
Frustrated rant over, how did YOU find the right meeting and leader?
I went to a couple and found one forty miles away had a great group of women just like me. I couldn't last driving that far, but the local meeting was just a bunch of attender's that didn't participate. I felt sorry for the leader.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

I'd definitely say shop around. My first go around with WW I was working full time and had to squeeze in a meeting after work. It seemed like most of the people there did the same. This time around I'm a stay at home stepmom. The meeting I went to was full of older women with a few SAHMs. The dynamic of each meeting is so different, so if you can try different ones, that would probably be best. Good luck!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

weight loss was always a private thing for me. I didn't care for the meetings. so I do online and get my support from 3FC. But that's just me! Hope you find what works.
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote