Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Between Challenge Chat Thread Week 3 (Dec 10 - Dec 16)

Week 3 has begun!
Hope everyne had a great weekend.
I started baking goodies for thr kids teachers. I'm thankful that they will all be heading out the door, so tI won't be tempted to nibble

What tricks are you using to help navigating the holiday parties that are on the horizon?

Have a great day all!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #2  

Morning Mel,
Thanks for starting up week 3. I was out late yesterday navigating cross iron mills and Walmart. Still came home empty handed

I did good this week had one work Christmas party last Sunday and girls night out on Saturday and I still had a loss. Lost 3lbs this week

My mom said she wants to start baking some cookies and that could be where it all goes wrong.

It's funny if it's out in the open I'm doomed if it's in a sealed package I'm great. I have chips, chocolate, candies, and cookies all in my room that ere gifts from friends and customers and there perfectly fine there....bake a cookies or a cake hide it from me fast....or if one of the bads of anything was opened then watch out....I think it knows my name cause it sure does call for me

Well better get ready for work now have a great day everyone....stay strong from the cookies and baking Mel

Leslie, I hope your not going to get to sick...feel better fast.
CONGRATULATIONS on the 1/2 that's awesome!!!

Last edited by Bigmid; 12-10-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone !

Well, I did manage to get sick for a day or so but am feeling much better this evening... going to go on a hike in the morning with my 2 hiking buddies. I'm looking forward to it as the 3 of us haven't been able to all get together for about a month or so.

Congratulations on the great loss last week Jacky... you are rockin' it !

Hope things are going well for you, Mel.

Thanks for the 1/2 marathon support... it was fun. Although my time wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be I was in much better shape for this one then the one I did in June. Hard to believe just over a year and a half ago I wasn't able to get off the couch without help and now this year I did two 1/2 marathons, a 10 mile trail run, numerous 5 to 10 k's and I'm getting out hiking between 5-11 miles twice a week. Not to mention enjoying the exercise... that's the main thing as I've always been of the mind that I hated exercise.

Have a great week all !!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #4  

You are doing great Leslie. It is so nice you have friends around to hike with, that really makes it fun.

I'm still struggling with my exercise, better go take a quick walk up and down the stairs.

Ok, I'm back. I was thinking when I walked away from the screen that I would start tracking my exercise after the first of the year. While I was walking up the stairs I started thinking why? Why in heavens name wait. So I guess I will sign off here and go log my 3 flights of steps. Maybe I can fit a few more in before the day is over.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Bigmid -- Congrats on the 3 lb. loss!

LeslieB -- Glad you are feeling better. You are inspiring with all of your hiking and racing. I always think I need to lose some weight before I attempt anything like that, but you prove that line of thinking is invalid. I may pick out a race and start training for it or something. I have been thinking I need something to strive for, something to look forward to, because that fits my personality.

EofAZ: Where do you log your exercise?

CanadaMel: I have no tricks at this point. I am not going to a lot of parties or festivities, but there are lots of goodies floating around at work and that is where I struggle at this point. I have been adjusting my route to my desk depending on where the goodies are sitting. Out of sight, out of mind.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #6  

Purplefirefly -- in the Between Challenge Exercise Thread Week 3 (Dec 10 - Dec 16) right here in the Biggest Loser Challenge Forum. They create a new Chat Thread, Exercise thread and Nutrition Thread each week.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Hello ladies,
Well the time is flying ever faster.
My oldest daughter now the flu bug that my youngest had 2weeks ago, so I'm trying to extrapolate when the next one will get it.
Not a fun exercise.

I hope everyone else is staying healthy.

We have a work Christmas Lunch today, last night was a school executive meeting with all sorts of goodies & adult beverages. I keep repeating my mantra everything in moderation and so far it seems to be working. That way I get to try a little of everything or in the case of last night, have 3 glasses of white wine . I was brave enough to step on the scale and only saw a 0.4 gain which I think is completely acceptable.

Today is a new day! Enjoy and make the most of it!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 12-13-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #8  

CanadaMel, sounds like your strategy is right on. I just don't allow myself to have anything that could trigger cravings and for that is pretty much any carb that is white. Tomorrow is the 3rd office party I will be at, the first two were good. I coordinated the first one so I knew what was going to be there to eat and to avoid. The second one, much to my surprise, half of the appetizers were cheese, nuts and veggies so I was good there. Tomorrow is a full out turkey dinner but with turkey and veggies I will be fine there too. I am not saying that I won't eat a desert but it had better be something REALLY worth withdrawing from the carb load again. There isn't very much out there that fits in that category, especially when I can make a sugar free cheese cake at home, enjoy it with no guilt and avoid the carb withdrawls.

Better go get my walk in.

Have a good day,
Evangeline
Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #9  

Hi been crazy busy at work still and not enough staff so color me stressed out at work. Had a house guest until Wed and with TOM and Hugh cravings this time I'm up 2lbs again. Should have kept my mouth shut.
Hopefully if I can stop eating and start drinking my water today (yesterday it made me sick to drink water so none) then I can balance out again...fingers crossed anyway.
Got w workout in on Wed evening and hope to tonight if I get off work on time and then again tomorrow and hope that gets things moving down again.
Should go shopping tomorrow but I only have the one day off work and a basket full of laundry calling to me to be done...lol. We'll see what wins...working out and clean undies....or Christmas presents for family.
Well best get my butt in gear and get ready for work now. Have a great day everyone.

Mel way to stay tough at the parties, hope you daughter feels better

EofAZ I need to go lower carb to but im addicted to them, or actually to the convenience of them
Old 12-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am excited to start next year.

I finished up the 30 day shred at the beginning of this month and started getting knee pain. So now I had to back off on my exercises. I do Wii Just Dance for cardio and then follow up with weights on my own. I hoping to build up my thigh muscles so that I can go back to DVD workouts.

My biggest obstacles to weightloss is drawing near: holidays, 3 birthdays (including mine) and my parents visiting. All which are within the next 3 weeks. I have to say that my parents are the hardest challenge. I haven't told them of my latest journey. They are not supportive and get me down on me. (They view it as unhealthy- exercise and watching calories) Several attempts at weightloss have been stopped after one of their visits. This is why I need this challenge so much. It is to help me get back on it after the holidays (in case I fall off). I going to try really hard not to do bad.

I don't know if I will be able to write much but I will be dedicated after the holidays.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 301/287/240

Height: 5'7"

wow! I don't know how you all bake cookies and dont eat them! Feeling lucky I dont have kids right now lol

Hi hiddenstar! Hang in there! My last successful weight loss was stalled because of unsupportive comments. I am determined to not let that happen again! Right now it is obvious that I need to lose weight but, when I get down to around 200 people start acting freaked out when I say I want to lose another 40 pounds. I'm guessing that is what they are doing to you? I really think that society has a skewed idea of what a healthy weight looks like. We have all of these magazines showing us waifs that are TOO thin but then the majority of "normal people" are overweight so people just dont have a good reference point. It doesnt help that the stars that ARE a normal, healthy weight are called "fat" by the media either but dont get me started...

Last edited by katrinakit; 12-15-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/*/150

I'm looking forward to joining another challenge. It's been a year since I did one and what a great motivator it was!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #13  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Ahh! Girls I am losing it! I have fallen off track bad! I need a kick in the butt to get back into the swing of things! on a positive note I graduate from undergrad on friday!!! On to law school!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I'm hoping that everyone can stay on track this last week before Christmas. I've done really well with all the treats at work. I'm adding in new foods every couple days and took 2 days off from the gym this week. I'm down to 132 and really don't want to lose any more. Anyone else kept losing without really trying?