Ideal Protein Diet - Substitute for Bread

View Full Version : Substitute for Bread

nmn613
11-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Hello-new to IP and craving "burger and fries". Any one with creative ideas on how I can still have burger and fries without the bread and fries:?:

I've heard you can use lettuce as a wrap; any other ideas?

Thanks

nobylspoon
11-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I find a lettuce wrapped burger with some baked rutabaga fries usually hit the spot for me when I get that craving. You can also rice cauliflower, add some eggwhite and bake it into a tortilla instead of using lettuce. Just search for cauliflower pizza crust recipes.

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Rutabaga, turnips and Fennel can all be baked in fry shape, there are lots of recipes out there!

For a "bun", Rainbow came up with a "bread" substitute using an IP packet, it's in this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html

Nothing is going to truly be like fries and burger buns, but you make do!

southern
11-30-2012, 07:15 PM
rainbow's english muffins or jalepeno buns from the potato puree are great.
for fries, you can do baked turnip sliced like fries (i find them disgusting). Or rainbow's recipe for "fried" patty pan squash.

Great Dane
11-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I add baking powder to the chicken soup mix, some egg white (if I have it) and only enough water to thicken like pancake batter. I carefully make it into pancakes and use that as buns. Or a single large one kind of as a wrap.

New Englander
11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Rutabago fries. Cauliflower can be made into a bread like substance. Turnip fries. Kale chips. These are some veggies and recipes can be found on this site. You can search this site or google IP (and the veggie) and 3 fatchicks.

nmn613
11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks to all!! On my way to the market.