100 lb. Club - Did/do your feet/toes tingle a lot from being overweight?

facingfacts12
11-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone experiences a lot of tingling in the toes/feet that comes from being overweight.
I have been experiencing this a lot and its freaking me a little as diabetes runs in my family. I was tested recently (just a couple months ago) though and was not diabetic. I am wondering now, can it become onset out of the blue... or could this tingling occur for other reasons... like plain just being fat? :)

Just wondering if anyone else ever experienced this...

CanadianCutie
11-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Have you told your doctor about this sensation? My first thought was poor circulation.

LaurieDawn
11-30-2012, 01:33 AM
I had this. I asked my doctor if it was because I was fat, and she said no. She wasn't too worried about it, and I didn't pursue it because it wasn't terribly bothersome. It has since gone away. Sorry my answer is not particularly helpful.

dangerouscurvesahead
12-01-2012, 05:23 PM
yes i have that trouble with both legs and feet but more so my right and i was told that altho i have a lower back issue that affects my legs and feet my weight is whats keeping all of the above irritated n will cause it to get worse n may need surgery if i dont lose the weight!

LuvMyMr
12-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I had this. I also had a tingling/loss of sensation in my right hand, unfortunately since I am right handed. I noticed that with my weight loss it has completely gone away. Diabetes runs in my family and I was petrified that I was pre diabetic.

kelly315
12-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Are you sure this is related to being overweight? I have doubts about that.

sontaikle
12-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone experiences a lot of tingling in the toes/feet that comes from being overweight.
I have been experiencing this a lot and its freaking me a little as diabetes runs in my family. I was tested recently (just a couple months ago) though and was not diabetic. I am wondering now, can it become onset out of the blue... or could this tingling occur for other reasons... like plain just being fat? :)

Just wondering if anyone else ever experienced this...

I did. Diabetes runs in my family too (both sides!) and the tingling started to freak me out.

Unless I sit the wrong way (and thus, cause my foot to fall asleep) I don't get the tingling in my feet anymore.

LuvMyMr
12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Are you sure this is related to being overweight? I have doubts about that.

If the question is to me, I am pretty sure it is. It was there when I was at my biggest, over 280. I lost now more than 30 pounds and it has completely gone away. No tingle at all, no numbness, nothing and it has remained that way. During my relapses when I regained the weight I would get it again. That is even more incentive to keep the weight off!

the shiv
12-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Yep. I get this! After finding I was really hungry even 10mins after eating a full meal, I cut out a whole load of sugar (first in tea, then in coffee). I don't get that any more but it must have meant my blood sugar was well out of whack and I was afraid of becoming diabetic. I still get dead legs really easily and my joints hurt (mostly my knees). I look forward to getting rid of that too, I'm sure they're all connected to being fat, as when I was 3 stone lighter I didn't have any of these problems.