Ideal Protein Diet - Cheese Please

View Full Version : Cheese Please

Engrid123
11-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Has anyone found a good on plan substitute for cheese? I love the sw cheese curls but I could use some other alternatives as well.

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 08:14 PM
You can use the Cheddar flavored popcorn seasoning that is 0/0/0.

Also, a Veggie Slice or about a Tbsp of Veggie shreds (soy cheese substitute)just about meets the 0/0/0 rule, you just have to be very careful on the portion size (shredded cheese is easy to overdo).

Anytime I use one of these, I count it with my "extras" for the day - I allow myself 6 servings per day (including using artificial sweetener, DaVinci or Torani syrups, any Walden Farms products, flavored water/Mio, etc).

mphage
11-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Land of Lakes makes several different cheese seasonings. I have tried cheddar, 3 cheeses, and sour cream and onion.

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Land of Lakes makes several different cheese seasonings. I have tried cheddar, 3 cheeses, and sour cream and onion.

Yes!!! I couldn't remember the brand, Land O Lakes is the one!

Just double check the label, it has to be 0 fat, 0 carb and 0 sugar - but I think all of the LOL popcorn seasonings meet that requirement.

NinjaNurse
11-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes!!! I couldn't remember the brand, Land O Lakes is the one!

Just double check the label, it has to be 0 fat, 0 carb and 0 sugar - but I think all of the LOL popcorn seasonings meet that requirement.

OMG really???? Please don't toy with my cheesy emotions!!!

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
OMG really???? Please don't toy with my cheesy emotions!!!

LOL if you know me, you know that I don't mess around when it comes to cheese :)

Suchawittygal
11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Ohh..this is really good to know! Thank you for asking this:D

joefla70
11-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I've never been able to find the Land O' Lakes brand. I have seen the Kernel Seasons brand in stores however.

http://www.kernelseasons.com/

On the website there are many flavors, but I've only seen a hand full in stores (white cheddar, butter, nacho cheese, jalapeņo).

Kat117
11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
oh this is so good to know, I was just saying at dinner how much I miss cheese.

How would you use these? Any suggestions?

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 09:54 PM
oh this is so good to know, I was just saying at dinner how much I miss cheese.

How would you use these? Any suggestions?

Just a sprinkling for flavor - works great on roasted cauliflower "popcorn". Not something you can use with abandon. With the veggie shreds, it is LITERALLY one tablespoon that you can use. I use the shreds maybe once a week - either sprinkled on my salad, on the Chili, or on a flatbread made from the tomato soup (as a fake "pizza").

Tuli
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I also love cheese. I find the IP Broccoli and Cheese soup absolutely delicious with a great strong cheese taste. You can eat it as soup or use it a sauce on vegetables.

galpal445
11-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I LOVED the Land O'Lakes Cheddar Cheese Sprinkles but was told by my grocery store that they were discontinued so I can't get them anymore. The Land O'Lakes website doesn't even list them as one of their products anymore. Drats!
:mad:
Molly McButter has some cheese sprinkles but they don't have the flavor that the Land O'Lakes sprinkles had so I'm not using anything anymore.

As a side note, I have found some of my cravings have disappeared since I quit using cheese or cheese sprinkles on my omelets in the morning. Don't know if it is coincidental or not.

djs06
11-29-2012, 11:01 AM
I use the veggie slices once or twice a week... I used to use the shreds but it was far too easy for me to use too much! I don't really care for it by itself, but melted on a turkey burger or over cauli rice with ground turkey ...delicious.

rainbowsmiles
11-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I LOVED the Land O'Lakes Cheddar Cheese Sprinkles but was told by my grocery store that they were discontinued so I can't get them anymore. The Land O'Lakes website doesn't even list them as one of their products anymore. Drats!
:mad:
Molly McButter has some cheese sprinkles but they don't have the flavor that the Land O'Lakes sprinkles had so I'm not using anything anymore.

As a side note, I have found some of my cravings have disappeared since I quit using cheese or cheese sprinkles on my omelets in the morning. Don't know if it is coincidental or not.

http://www.dairyseasoning.com/

you are correct....the Land O Lakes has been discontinued

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 11:57 AM
http://www.dairyseasoning.com/

you are correct....the Land O Lakes has been discontinued

Can you get this in stores?

rainbowsmiles
11-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Can you get this in stores?

i have not seen them yet. when our store down here put the land o lakes on clearance, i knew them must be discontinued so i bought out the shelf!! haha i have 3 of each flavor!! so haven't had the need yet to see where i can find new ones.

Starshine
11-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for this! I just went and bought some Kernel Seasonings in a couple of cheese flavorings. I found it at Albertsons (general type grocery store) in the popcorn area . It's all natural, which is really nice, and although a serving has 2 calories, it is 0/0/0. Can't wait to try these. I was really missing cheese early on, but now, I'd like just to have a bit with my eggs.

nobylspoon
11-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Nutritional Yeast aka "Nooch" has a very cheesy taste. I spent over a year being vegan and used this to make a really good cheeseless queso. You can find it at most health food stores, typically ones that sell bulk, package free stuff.

Starshine
11-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Nutritional Yeast aka "Nooch" has a very cheesy taste. I spent over a year being vegan and used this to make a really good cheeseless queso. You can find it at most health food stores, typically ones that sell bulk, package free stuff.

Nutritional yeast isn't 0/0/0 though. Close, but not 0/0/0. I don't find it tastes like real cheese, but for someone not wanting to eat cheese (Vegan or otherwise), it's a great substitute in recipes.