Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #1  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Default IP Diet Daily Thread Weekend Edition 11/17 & 11/18

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by Doctorblue; 11-17-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning IPeeps! Hope you all have a great OP weekend!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #3  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

ARGH!! Super frustrated this week!! Scale puts me at gaining another 1.6#. Last week I wrote it off as my body adjusting. This week I want to throw the scale out the window, lol. I have done a few things different the last few weeks. I have been using Mrs. Dash on my vegetables. The nutrition label says it's 0/0/0, but the ingredients do list sugar way down on the list. I wouldn't think that would do it, but *shrugs*. The other thing I've done different is that I ran out of my restricteds. So, I've been having 3 nons per day.

Also frustrating because it's last week of Thanksgiving challenge. So, I didn't make my thirty. Was well on the way to being passed it a few weeks ago!

Haven't been cheating, so I know it's got to eventually start coming off again. Just don't like to be showing gains two weeks in a row.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorblue View Post
ARGH!! Super frustrated this week!! Scale puts me at gaining another 1.6#. Last week I wrote it off as my body adjusting. This week I want to throw the scale out the window, lol. I have done a few things different the last few weeks. I have been using Mrs. Dash on my vegetables. The nutrition label says it's 0/0/0, but the ingredients do list sugar way down on the list. I wouldn't think that would do it, but *shrugs*. The other thing I've done different is that I ran out of my restricteds. So, I've been having 3 nons per day.

Also frustrating because it's last week of Thanksgiving challenge. So, I didn't make my thirty. Was well on the way to being passed it a few weeks ago!

Haven't been cheating, so I know it's got to eventually start coming off again. Just don't like to be showing gains two weeks in a row.
Hang in there...you've come along way!!! I bet next week you'll have a BIG loss. I would recommend that you do have your one restricted per day, and be sure not to be working out too hard!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

Did my official weigh-in this morning and down 7 pounds this week. I'm glad I am still losing so well now that I've partly switched to alternatives. I had a very hard time getting my water in this week, and all my veggies, I aim to be better this week.

Doctorblue, sorry you're struggling! I'm sure your next weigh-in will be better.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorblue View Post

Are you working out? I saw somebody else comment on that. Exercise can cause inflammation, which is water retention.

My last 2 WI combined = -.8 so pretty slow but I look at my overall average (still over 2.5/week avg) and I've lost about an inch in those 2 weeks. Keep the big picture in mind.

Are you adding all of your oil & not just cooking with it? Not enough fat can cause stalls.
I'm having to increase lettuce b/c I'm feeling a little more C than before. This can cause stalls/weight gain, as can any water retention. Also made sure I have been DILIGENT about my IP vitamins.

Have your measurements changed? There is more than one way to measure success.

It is hard to remember that this is LONG-RUN and not short-haul. Weekly changes are reinforcing (and oh-so-fun) but not as important in the big picture as the positive health changes we are making.

Hang in there!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #7  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Are you working out? I saw somebody else comment on that. Exercise can cause inflammation, which is water retention

OMG really?!? I been working out lately, what's your recommendation on how aggressive my workouts should be and how often I should do it? I have been doing elliptical for 30 minutes and occasionally weights a few times a week
Old 11-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #8  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Please do not take this the wrong way. I am just looking for a place where I fit in.
Is there a thread for people who do Ideal Protein products only? I seached for an Ideal Protein run forum and they don't seem to have one.
I do like coming here to this board but there are so many people who say they are 100% but they aren't. I view 100% as using the IP products, no alternatives, and following the protocol as written, word for word, no modifying at all. I have read quite a few posts where it is obvious the poster has never even read the plan. I am pretty hard core and since I am paying so much for this weight loss method I am going to follow it to the letter.
So it would be great if I could find a few folks who will be able to travel that road with me.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Good morning all, hope you are enjoying your w/e so far.

Patting myself on the back, but don't know for how long..........I wanted to get this out and see what you all think.

I am a consultant for a food based home party company. Naturally, I cannot eat any of the items at the parties. Last night I had a party and while I had no urge to cheat and dig in, I am wondering if I am torturing myself. I have 2 more parties this w/e and we'll see how I do. I know I won't cheat, but I don't know if it's a good idea to continue since I feel like it is pressure I don't need.
We don't need the money (well of course we can use it, but it's not factoring into our budget) and it is time away from my family. This was all ok, when I started. But, now that I am on IP, I need more time for IP and have less time for my business. Anyone else in this situation??
I know I am not really making the issue perfectly clear, I am just beginning to test the waters of an IP gal selling food and looking for thoughts and advice.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
Please do not take this the wrong way. I am just looking for a place where I fit in.
Is there a thread for people who do Ideal Protein products only? I seached for an Ideal Protein run forum and they don't seem to have one.
I do like coming here to this board but there are so many people who say they are 100% but they aren't. I view 100% as using the IP products, no alternatives, and following the protocol as written, word for word, no modifying at all. I have read quite a few posts where it is obvious the poster has never even read the plan. I am pretty hard core and since I am paying so much for this weight loss method I am going to follow it to the letter.
So it would be great if I could find a few folks who will be able to travel that road with me.
1st of all welcome, I think you are in the right place.

Since I have just started, I do IP exclusively. BUT I am not opposed to alternatives one I get myself completely organized and on a roll.

Everyone is different, I have read some people have no access to an IP clinic. And IP is expensive. While I think everyone should do research (and check with their Drs) before starting any weight loss program, it's not a law.

I think if using alternatives is working for them, go for it.

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 11-17-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 179/179/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi, all. I'm just starting IP today. I'm hoping to really stick with it, so I'll need all the help I can get. I'm looking forward to participating!!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
OMG really?!? I been working out lately, what's your recommendation on how aggressive my workouts should be and how often I should do it? I have been doing elliptical for 30 minutes and occasionally weights a few times a week
Exercise on Phase 1 other than walking & gentle yoga CAN cause stalls/slower weight loss & potential muscles loss. I see it over & over again. When you "workout" your body needs fuel (carbs/glycogen) as a quick source of energy. We have all but depleted that tank on Phase 1/2, so your body turns to muscle/lean mass as it's energy source. It cannot convert fat quickly enough into energy during a workout. Aerobic exercise & weight training is absolutely contraindicated on Phase 1.

That being said, there are people who continued with modified versions of their "workouts. On Phase 1. They must have an extra non restricted packet per day to supplement the muscle loss & energy expended during the workout. In my experience, those people do lose weight, but at a slower rate than those who don't "workout". You'll have to do what's right for you. . Good luck.

Last edited by Pamelama; 11-17-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
Hi! Both my husband and myself started the IP protocol a week ago. We are both doing very well. It is very easy to follow, make sure you drink your water, eat your veges plus lettuce and take the vitamins . We both noticed a difference in how good we feel without all the junk! It is expensive, I agree, but I look at it as only being for a short while to have long term results.
Good luck!
Old 11-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #14  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Exercise on Phase 1 other than walking & gentle yoga CAN cause stalls/slower weight loss & potential muscles loss. I see it over & over again. When you "workout" your body needs fuel (carbs/glycogen) as a quick source of energy. We have all but depleted that tank on Phase 1/2, so your body turns to muscle/lean mass as it's energy source. It cannot convert fat quickly enough into energy during a workout. Aerobic exercise & weight training is absolutely contraindicated on Phase 1.

That being said, there are people who continued with modified versions of their "workouts. On Phase 1. They must have an extra non restricted packet per day to supplement the muscle loss & energy expended during the workout. In my experience, those people do lose weight, but at a slower rate than those who don't "workout". You'll have to do what's right for you. . Good luck.

Ok so i should probably lighten my exercise. maybe I am being too aggressive, I do have an extra packet after working out. So weight lifting isn't a good idea? Should I switch to some light walking on the treadmill? I have a gym membership and don't want it to go to waste lol
Old 11-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Saturday to all.

I went to the gym this morning and walked for an hour...first time I have been able to do that in a very long time. I walked slow, no incline or anything...just a nice pace. I feel great.

Going to do stuff around the house today and maybe get the Christmas lights up on the house this weekend. I hope everyone has a great 100% OP weekend.
Closed Thread