Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/31/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I'm up late so I thought I would just start the chat for Wednesday before I head to bed. Hope everyone has a very happy Wednesday and even more importantly...Happy Halloween

Now stay away from the candy. Believe me they will still be making it next year too.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I am working nights tonight and tomorrow so I am not looking foreward to the trick or treaters just because I want to sleep more. They do look darn cute in there costumes and I do want to get that candy out of my house My NSV this week has been wearing my new 2x scrubs to work, been a long time since I was in that size. Hope you have a Happy Holloween
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #4  

I'm not sure why all the links aren't copying anymore when people start the new daily thread. It seems the only way it works is to copy the HTML code. Anyway, for any new folks, here is the intro message with all the links:

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Happy Halloween! I can't wait for this day to be over so that I can hide those nasty treats! There better be tons of trick-or-treaters! However, the weather is bad so that might scare them away. I might have a happy husband with a truck full of candy for work tomorrow. Thanks for the tips everyone. lol

Have a great OP day!
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Halloween everyone. First year ever I didn't have to go buy more candy because I ATE what I had previously bought! Didn't even open the bags and I feel no temptation! We'll see if the feeling lasts. lol! Have a great OP day and as Wuv would say - remember -you make the choice to put the Halloween candy in your mouth or not. We're all worth not doing it!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #7  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
Happy Halloween! I can't wait for this day to be over so that I can hide those nasty treats! There better be tons of trick-or-treaters! However, the weather is bad so that might scare them away. I might have a happy husband with a truck full of candy for work tomorrow. Thanks for the tips everyone. lol

Have a great OP day!
Argh! Don't send the leftover candy to work places. We're trying to stay OP there, too, but won't be able to throw away someone else's candy. It will hang around for weeks making everyone miserable until the weakest of us succumb and like magic turn into grunting pigs! Does my snout look big?
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #8  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

Happy Halloween everyone!!

This is week 1 day 5 for me on IP. Everything is going great so far. First couple of days were the hardest as I was so tired. But I feel like my energy is up this morning and I'm feeling pretty good. Can't wait until my first WI to see how it's working. WI is still 5 days away for me though because of my work schedule.

I hope everyone made it through Sandy in one piece. Here in Iowa we don't have to worry about hurricanes, so I hope everyone made it through safely.

Made some pumpkin spice coffee today and added my RTD IP vanilla shake to it and it reminds me of my favorite Starbucks drink without all of the calories!!
Have a good day everyone!!!
Nikki2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Halloween!!!

Lots of good news today! My best friend and my brother welcomed their newest little boy last night, so I have a new nephew! The peanut is going to need some prayers, his birth had a few complications so they are watching him a little closer for the next few days.

One of my friends from work who has struggled with her weight for a long time decided to join IP this week and started two days ago! She had a rough first day (didn't like ANY of the packets she had picked) but her 2nd day was MUCH better and she's feeling very encouraged I'm so glad I can be there to help her out!

And I just did my weigh in - down 3.2 lbs and 2.25 inches! Finally passed the 40-pound loss mark in FOURTEEN WEEKS! My initial goal weight is in sight!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Halloween!!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #11  

Great WI yesterday! I met my monthly goal of 15lbs and then some! 17.5 for the month! I learned my lesson though. No short term,monthly goals! I put too much stress on myself and got too competitive with myself! Shoulda listened to Goddess WUV!!!! Hubby is buying and giving out candy tonight. I don't even want to see it. Gearing up for the big holidays!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Ok two nsv's!!!! I finally tried on a pair of pre pregnancy pants (at the suggestion of my coach) they don't fit and I didn't expect them to, but the fact that I can get them up over my butt is amazing!!!! Second nsv is its halloween and I have NO cravings for that stinky halloween candy!

Happy halloween everyone
greenlillybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #13  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

Now stay away from the candy. Believe me they will still be making it next year too.
Love this! Thanks, Dana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Halloween!!!

Lots of good news today! My best friend and my brother welcomed their newest little boy last night, so I have a new nephew! The peanut is going to need some prayers, his birth had a few complications so they are watching him a little closer for the next few days.

One of my friends from work who has struggled with her weight for a long time decided to join IP this week and started two days ago! She had a rough first day (didn't like ANY of the packets she had picked) but her 2nd day was MUCH better and she's feeling very encouraged I'm so glad I can be there to help her out!

And I just did my weigh in - down 3.2 lbs and 2.25 inches! Finally passed the 40-pound loss mark in FOURTEEN WEEKS! My initial goal weight is in sight!!
Congrats on the new baby/nephew, Scorbett. All positive thoughts going his way!

Good luck to your friend also. Glad she found some packets she liked.

And congrats ont he great weigh in!!! You are doing so great on this diet. Goal weight coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Great WI yesterday! I met my monthly goal of 15lbs and then some! 17.5 for the month! I learned my lesson though. No short term,monthly goals! I put too much stress on myself and got too competitive with myself! Shoulda listened to Goddess WUV!!!! Hubby is buying and giving out candy tonight. I don't even want to see it. Gearing up for the big holidays!
Congrats on the monthly goal, Maezy! Way to go! I agree on those short term goals. The loss will be what it will be.

Have a Happy Halloween, everyone!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Oh and I plan to try the pants on weekly to see how they fit! Any one do a picture diary of their weight loss? How often do you photograph yourself?
greenlillybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

HAVE A SPOOKTACULAR DAY PEEPS!

Congrats on a new nephew, Scorbett, I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers( having alot of prayers this week, a friend is having brain surgery today and of course all that are suffering Sandy's wrath)

I am off to Ithaca for the day to pick up my sewing machine (not that I don't have a spare, but it is my "big" machine) I cleaverly dropped a needle straight down through the bobbin shaft. I tried to get it out with tweezers and magnets, but couldn't. Funny, the repair man couldn't either, but said it is not effecting the machine. great and now I get to pay $75 for that! lol

Have a great day and stay warm & dry
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote