Weight Loss Support - When the weight is gone: what are your plans?

fatgiraffe
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
What are you looking forward to most when you reach your goal weight? I really want to do a boudior photoshoot!

Fatness
10-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I guess to just keep it off! Have fun with my new body and have a pizza fully loaded! Then go back to Nigeria and Egypt with my new body!

Arctic Mama
10-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Honestly my plans aren't any different than they are now. The journey isn't over just because I've hit goal, and the vigilance never stops. I also reward myself along the way every ten pounds or so, but I think my goal present will be another purse (which has been a very fun reward already) or something special like a custom corset (I like them now, of course, but a real show-stopper might be a great little investment when I'm at goal).

geoblewis
10-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Great question!

I anticipate having a lot more energy, so I plan to do as much of the work to remodel my house as possible. I also want to start sewing again. It hasn't been fun to sew for myself at the larger size.

I'm going to take up golf, kayaking and rowing, fly fishing. I'm actually training myself to be in good shape for these activities now.

I want to travel more internationally. And I want to buy a vintage AirStream trailer and restore it so I can travel across the country.

That's the short list.

angieand2girls
10-17-2012, 11:20 PM
a $1,000 clothes shopping spree and a trip to Atlantis! yeah baby!! :)

fatgiraffe
10-17-2012, 11:22 PM
These are all great ideas and rewards!

Samantha18
10-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Hopefully, a whole new wardrobe! I'm going to go crazy wearing clothes I've only dreamed about.

Also, I can't wait to ride tilt-a-whirl! That use to be my favorite ride before I stopped going to carnivals. I might have to try the scary rides like the zipper and hammer just to celebrate.

drixnot
10-18-2012, 12:08 AM
an entirely new wardrobe.

gailr42
10-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Oooh - Tilt-a-Whirl -blurk :barf:. That one is probably not for me.

I want a Nespresso coffee maker and a trip to the Galapagos Islands. Mostly, I want to keep the weight off and stick to my exercise plan so I will be healthy in my senior years.

Elladorine
10-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Er, right now I can't picture much beyond clothes shopping. Yeah, I'm going to be that vain. :D

freelancemomma
10-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Hopefully, a whole new wardrobe! I'm going to go crazy wearing clothes I've only dreamed about.

I'm at goal and that's what I've done. I spent a ton of money on stylish new clothes last year, but I got great deals and it was well worth it. I must say it feels great to be wearing skinny jeans and two-piece bathing suits at age 55. I remind myself of this when tempted to reach for that second cupcake.

F.

2Dy2MrwAlwys
10-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Clothes!! Lingerie!! Beach excursions in bikinis!! Looking PHENOMENAL in my wedding gown and preserving that memory forever. ♥

Candeka
10-18-2012, 01:36 AM
As crazy as this sounds - My plan is to put on one pair of pants and then put on each shirt I own individually. Why? Because I always have to choose my pants and shirts carefully as to avoid muffin top. For example, pant A can only be worn with certain shirts because of muffin top. Or shirt A can only be worn with a certain pair of pants since they are low rise. At my goal weight, I wont have to worry about matching certain pants with certain shirts.... Yeah I'm odd lol!

penmage
10-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Shopping. Shopping. And oh, did I mention shopping?
Seems to be a common reward, lol.

alaskanlaughter
10-18-2012, 02:15 AM
i always wanted to get a little fire flame tattoo, in color, on the underside of my wrist as a goal reward.....and contacts instead of glasses, but im not sure on that as i kinda dont like to poke myself in the eye :)

SayAnythingBut
10-18-2012, 02:20 AM
I guess to just keep it off! Have fun with my new body and have a pizza fully loaded! Then go back to Nigeria and Egypt with my new body!

Nigeria? Egypt? Back? MY?!

2Dy2MrwAlwys
10-18-2012, 02:22 AM
i always wanted to get a little fire flame tattoo, in color, on the underside of my wrist as a goal reward.....and contacts instead of glasses, but im not sure on that as i kinda dont like to poke myself in the eye :)

Oh, great one! There's a tattoo I long to get as well but wouldn't dare until I'm slimmer.

TripSwitch
10-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Nothing unique here... Pretty much when I think about being at my "goal" weight, I think about all the cloths I'll be able to fit back into... But I'm going to finally get some new evening wear, because right now all I splurge on is shoes... And it's getting boring...

chickpeas
10-18-2012, 04:15 AM
I really can't wait to wear a dress that has a waist in it. It's been almost 10 years since I last had a waist, so when I find it again, I'll be flaunting as often as I can!

energie
10-18-2012, 04:44 AM
Clothes and a trip back to Kenya to start. I can't wait to explore and eventually live in Africa.

MrsTryingAgain
10-18-2012, 05:14 AM
I don't know what my ultimate reward will be. Course I've just started on this journey. And some of that will depend on where I'm at financially if I do anything.
For little goals, I'll have little rewards. Things like new lip glosses (5-10 lb) or earrings (15-20 lb). A nice pair awesome jeans (30-40 lb). A dvd set I've been wanting (50-60 lb). Concert tickets (70-80 lb). Ultimate goal (100 lbs); Maybe a trip back to Disneyland or somewhere else.
Like I said, it depends on what finances look like at that time. Maybe my finances will be in shape as I get in shape. :-)

sacha
10-18-2012, 06:37 AM
A new wardrobe for sure, which is essential as I have nothing but MOM clothes right now :(

Mer du Japon
10-18-2012, 07:21 AM
New clothes! When I was heavier I really didn't have a sense of style, because i had low self esteem and hated how i looked. When I get to goal, I'm going to really go for fashionable, stylish, flattering pieces.

I'm going to dress like a bit of a slut when going out for girls night. More and more these days guys hit on me. And I want to enjoy it and show off my new body. The attention I've been getting is nice, after feeling invisable for so long.

ChickieChicks
10-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Beware the new clothes!!

Just kidding. I have had a blast finding new clothes since reaching goal. It was annoying at first, and almost overwhelming, because I had to buy everything...u drew ear, bras, jackets, coats, some shoes, dress clothes, casual clothes, workout clothing, etc, etc. you don't realize how slowly you accumulate these items until you have to replace them all at once!

But....now that all the basics are covered, I am LOVING being stylish and trying new pieces. It is freeing to know that almost everything will FIT and look GOOD. No second guessing or worrying about bulges or comfort.

Good luck everyone! You can do this!!

LeilaJey
10-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Sharks with laser beams attached to their heads!

Yeah, probably clothes. I'm planning on investing in a few really great quality items that aren't stretchy that fit at a weight I feel comfortable at.

Other than that I don't think I'll be doing anything differently, sure in my fantasy I'll be like a swimsuit model prancing around on the beach but I've come to terms with my reality. Prancing around like a normal person, yay.

Thistleberry
10-18-2012, 09:23 AM

Ah, but it's not really poking! It's quite gentle and you get used to it pretty quickly. I like my glasses but I love my contacts.

I'm another clothes shopper! I promised myself at the beginning of this that I could have any adorable wool coat I coveted and so I shall have a glorious collection of them, among other things. Now that I'm getting closer to the reality of it, I have to take my budget into consideration so it's not really ANY coat I want. But I figure the real goal is to be thin for the rest of my life so it's okay to take awhile to build a collection, right?

My big reward entirely seperate from all that is having some cosmetic dental work done. I fell as a child and "caught myself" with my teeth. Everyone assures me they aren't that bad but they make me self conscious. I have a dentist appointment November 13th to get the ball rolling.

Em Coconut
10-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm getting a new tattoo to remind me of my achievements and not to let myself go again. New awesome clothes, and I'm thinking that I'm going to go to the hair salon and have something awesome done with my hair:D

Garnet2727
10-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Hmmmm. I haven't really thought about this. Maybe a garnet bracelet. That would complete my jewelry collection. The only reason I don't have one now is that my wrist is too danged big.

stimkovs
10-18-2012, 10:27 AM
my ultimate goal- weight aside, is fitness. i would like to have a flat tummy, and i would like to be a runner.

i would like to get a german short hair pointer (google it, they are adorable).

i would like this dog to be my running partner, and i would like to run a marathon. once in my life.

my other ultimate goal is to go to teacher training for the type of yoga that i practice. not to be a teacher- but mostly to prove to myself that i can do it. it's a 10 week training in LA and it's exceptionally expensive. my type of yoga requires very little clothing to be worn since it's hot- and i would like to be comfortable in the room wearing nothing but a tiny bra top and tiny shorts in a room, sweating with 300 other yogis in LA.

IsabellaOlivia
10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Work hard to maintain the weightloss.

beth sebring
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
New clothes and hot sex! :D
Actually, I’ll prolly get my hair done like in my avatar again. I loved that hairstyle on me :)

beth sebring
10-18-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm getting a new tattoo to remind me of my achievements and not to let myself go again. New awesome clothes, and I'm thinking that I'm going to go to the hair salon and have something awesome done with my hair:D

I want to do all of that haha better start saving up noww

angieand2girls
10-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Work hard to maintain the weightloss.

I second that. This time, as well as having a weight loss plan, I have a maintenance plan. There's no way I'm going back up again.

masterptr
10-18-2012, 12:31 PM
:)

finally I get to try on old St. John's size 2 clothes.
just because there were so many and because of the price I paid...
I only got rid of half when I got chubby....
good thing I held on to some of those

10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
New clothes. I have been buying them along the way, but I can't wait to settle at a size and not have to keep buying more! It's way too expensive for me at the moment.

I'd love to go on a dream holiday as a reward, but I am unlikely to be able to afford that.

Also, to work hard at maintenance!

1spunkygal
10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
To be able to wear a silky bra & panty set that match. Clothes shopping ofcourse I vow to buy NOTHING until I'm @ goal.

I also would just like to see an old BF of mine just to FLAUNT IT ! When I dated him I was 130 lbs & he told his sister I needed to "lose a few". Funny thing is HE NEEDED to lose a few !

1spunkygal
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I second that. This time, as well as having a weight loss plan, I have a maintenance plan. There's no way I'm going back up again.

AMEN AMEN AMEN ! :carrot:

sistah phat
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Travel! And maybe hike the Pacific Crest Trail from Canada to Mexico.

chickpeas
10-18-2012, 03:25 PM
To be able to wear a silky bra & panty set that match.

Definitely this! I am so tired of wearing 'granny pants!' :)

beth sebring
10-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Definitely this! I am so tired of wearing 'granny pants!' :)

I did exactly that the first time I lost my weight. I marched my new body over to victorias secret near valentines day last year and found the best bra and panties. It was wonderful haha

KarenMI
10-18-2012, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=stimkovs;4501447]my ultimate goal- weight aside, is fitness. i would like to have a flat tummy, and i would like to be a runner.
QUOTE]

You can be a runner now! Start very slowly, and run/walk for a short distance until you feel more comfortable. I used to think runners were somehow made for running. The first time I went, I could barely go from one mailbox to the next (in a subdivision!!) and I'd already lost my weight. But I found out that most runners are just runners because they RUN. I stuck with the run/walk method and think it's great.

westcoast rosa
10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
My plan is to stay as active (if not more) as I am now. I want to continue running and to work my way up to half marathons. After I have maintained for a year, I am going to get a tummy tuck...YAY!! I will buy lots of new clothes and maybe wear a bikini for the first time in my life!

Mimzzy
10-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Mine is a simple reward - Go to the beach and rock the heck out of my bikini.

I haven't been able to do that since..... Oh dear, never?!

southern
10-18-2012, 04:57 PM
walk around my house in a sports bra and sweat pants

SerenityDiva
10-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Maintain it, get stronger and more flexible. Like Sophie some yoga intensives as well, but I might not necessarily be at goal when I start that. I don't want to teach, I am a former ACE personal trainer and while I loved it some of the time...it made fitness a chore. So I don't think I'll go that route again.

2Dy2MrwAlwys
10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I also want a tattoo as a reminder of my struggle and achievement after goal. I want it on my shoulder, and it should read, "Never look back" in a script-style font. I'd like to incorporate a dove into the design. :chin: It does have a deeper meaning for me than just weight loss though..

OhThePlaces
10-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Maintain it this time! I've reached goal and gone back up twice in the last 18 months... Very frustrating!! I have beautiful clothes in my closet that are currently too small, so I'm excited to wear them again. I also asked my husband for leather riding boots for Christmas. I'm hoping they look good on me paired with dresses and leggings or skinny jeans. ;) I'd also like to schedule family photos. Right now I'm too uncomfortable in my skin.

1spunkygal
10-18-2012, 09:34 PM
YES..... family photos my husband has been after me for years we don't have one.

Thedollylala
10-18-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm getting a particular tattoo on my rib cage, one that I'd only get when I'm thinner, that and I'm going to go to a water park an be confident while i do.

Nayshal
10-19-2012, 01:26 AM
I want to do stuff I wasn't able to do because I physically can't:

I want to climb a mountain.

I'm going to wear a bikini even with stretch marks and loose skin showing. If other people think it's disgusting well that's their problem, don't look then! :lol:

I want to go in clothing stores I never went in to because I know they won't have stuff my size (XXL+). And then when they ask me what size I need, I'm going to emphasize on "SMALL please."

Then I'm going to meet my college friends whom I haven't seen in years and shock them at how fabulous I look :eek:

Daki
10-19-2012, 07:08 AM
I want to get a tattoo representing my transformation (But I'd have to keep the weight off for a year). I want to wear a bikini for the first time since my age has been in double digits. I want to SHOP.

mom23kids1
10-19-2012, 01:26 PM
We spend all summer on the lake. Every single swim suit I have ever worn has had a skirt. Next summer I'm going to buy a rocking two piece with NO skirt :D

Missy Krissy
10-19-2012, 02:33 PM
In the past I've used food to celebrate, but when I hit goal I'm going to celebrate by getting a full body massage! It is going to be heaven.

LandonsBaby
10-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Well, I guess I'd have to buy some new clothes. That's about it.

seabiscuit
10-19-2012, 09:24 PM
I think that this is an awesome thread.

I am looking forward to a lot of things when I hit goal, smaller clothing, better health, more energy, etc. I am nervous about the possibility of getting more attention from guys though :p

I can't wait until I hit goal! :carrot: