Old 10-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Default Exercising and throwing up

This is the second day in a row that I come home from working out and I end up throwing up my lunch (sorry for the details) I work out around 6pm and eat lunch around noon.

Not sure if I should be worry about this??? So weird. I know I am not pregnant because I just got my period, plus this is not morning sickness. I know I don't have the stomach flu because I feel great during the day. I just seem to get nauseous after coming home and really weak, then I throw up and feel fine after...

Any suggestions??
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Are you drinking enough water? I don't know about you, but when I'm dehydrated I get nauseous.

Or, what are you doing in your workouts? Maybe you're going too hard/not taking enough days off. Have you changed anything in your diet or started taking any new medicines?

That's all I can think of right now....hopefully it goes away!
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #3  

No medicine, just regular cardio. Drink enough water (1liter per hour of work out) only work out 3-4 days a week. Not sure what could it be. My diet is the same
Old 10-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #4  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

This happened to me and it turned out to be some diet pills that were the problem! I know you said you weren't on any medication but are you on diet pills? Or perhaps you have an irritation of your stomach lining, drinking too much water or you are pushing yourself too hard. You should see a doctor.
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #5  
Becoming A Better Me

could be so simple as its to long tween lunch n workout! ur body is getting hungry n ur pushing it even harder then after the workout ur stomach is truly stressed
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #6  

No pills. I'm not really hungry before work outs but I might try a little snack. If it keeps happening I will have to see with my doctor

Thanks for your answers!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I've never experienced this but based on your timelines I would guess it's your empty stomach. Eat something as late as possible before your workout (personally I can't eat within 90 minutes) or right when you finish and see if that changes anything.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I'm very careful about what I eat when I know I have a high impact workout. I tend to go for drier foods, don't overdo it on the water front (I'm a big fan of a coconut water which offers a lot of hydration for less volume so great for sports) and leave a generous space of time between eating and working out-About 2-3 hours.

I have a pretty sensitive stomach when it comes to eating and then doing high impact sports. At the risk of being graphic I avoid eating 'sloppy' foods like pasta or things with lots of sauce/dressing. The cause of your issue might be different to mine so this might not make any difference, but thought I'd share in case it could help!

You could also see if it's only certain workouts which cause it? Maybe it's just a particular exercise which is upsetting your stomach (Ab crunches etc).
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #9  

I can't pinpoint it because I usually eat the same, do the same everyday with little to no change. Today I didn't work out and I am just fine. I will see on Monday when I go back to the gym.

Thanks for all your responses.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

I can't tell exactly why. But, when I was younger I used to go to the gym with my mom at 6am and the workouts would be so intense I used to throw up alot. Bile whatever. Eat some food before you work out, or make sure you incorporate alot of WATER and food into your post-routine meal. Its definately necessary to working out a lot or hard corre that youre eating 4-5 small meals a day to keep you feeling good (not starving) and boosting your metabolism
nightprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #11  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

When that has happened to me before it was either because I was working out TOO hard, working out on an empty stomach or working out shortly after a big meal. If it's not from working out too hard, I would suggest making sure you have a preworkout snack like a banana or small thing of yogurt or a piece of toast with peanut butter to make sure your stomach has something before you begin, about 30 min to an hour before.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote