Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/02/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 10-02-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning IPeeps

Clearing up here in the southeast for a beautiful rest of the week (lots of rain in the last two days).

Time for me to "flip" to my work computer. Sure like working from home. Too bad it won't last.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

P.S. mommahen, glad to hear your Dad came through with flying colors. Was thinking about him and you as I read the posts from yesterday.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #3  

Good morning! Day four here. Crisp, cool, and clear! We need rain so bad. Hard to believe we were all flooded out last year, and this spring, there was no telling if the farmers were going to get the crop in.

A big nsv for me today.. Our 30th anniversary today. Just turned 50 two weeks ago.

I mentioned in another thread yesterday about how I find the food tastes pretty good and I'm somewhat surprised! After other ppl's comments, both offline and on the forums, I thought everything would taste like chalk. (Maybe that's what got me in this predicament in the first place? I'm far from being a picky eater)

Have a great day!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good Morning Peeps. Molly that is an awesome before and after photo. You Look Awesome.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #5  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning!

mommahen - so happy to hear your dad is on the road to recovery. Hope it goes quickly for him.

Cool NSV - I posted a new pic of myself on my FB page, and got some really nice comments. Wish it was as easy to put new pics on here, but will def add some after my son's wedding on the 13th.

Have been really busy the past few days, so haven't been reading here much. Hope everyone is doing well and staying 100% OP! I have been, though my eating schedule isn't always right 'on'. Seem to be dropping a few tenths each day. Official WI is Thursday, then not until after the wedding.

Have a fantastic Tuesday
Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Tuesday!

I meant to do laundry and chores yesterday, but it ended up being a spectacular fall day out, so I took the littlest into the backyard and he played while I started cleaning up the toys for the winter. We checked on the carrots in the garden, and apparently my watermelon vines are still making some fruit. I may even get a late zucchini or two! So today is buckle down day - laundry, dishes, cleaning, and hopefully some kitchen experimenting. OH and a batch of LizRR's margarita pudding!!!

I'm a little giddy for my WI tomorrow - didn't feel like I had lost much this week, but I hopped on the scale at work (which is usually 2lb heavier than the clinic scale). According to that scale I may be down as much as 4lb this week. Not holding my breath, I know this diet is a day-to-day adventure...but boy would that be awesome!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 301/293/165

Height: 5'9

Good morning! I'm on Day 2 and waiting for the headaches, fatigue, etc. I have heard about but have not experienced any yet. Maybe I'll get lucky. : ) I go tomorrow for my first official weigh in. It's a beautiful fall day here in the midwest. Hoping it will be a beautiful day for all of you too!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Need to go dress shopping after work tonight for a wedding on Friday. I think it's been about 5 years since I bought a dress. I just hated how I looked in them, and the shopping experience was not fun either.

I would just get so discouraged if I had to go into the fitting room more than twice. Try on 5 dresses each time and just feel miserable that I couldnt find anything that didnt look aweful.

I'm hoping tonight will be easier.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPeeps

Clearing up here in the southeast for a beautiful rest of the week (lots of rain in the last two days).

Time for me to "flip" to my work computer. Sure like working from home. Too bad it won't last.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

P.S. mommahen, glad to hear your Dad came through with flying colors. Was thinking about him and you as I read the posts from yesterday.
Now it's hit the Northeast. lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning-

Here I am in the middle of week 12 with only 10 pounds to go. Why is it so difficult to stay OP when there are just a few pounds left? I haven't been eating pasta or anything of that nature. I just find I have been loading my plate with more meats and veggies than allowed...and then find myself picking at veggies or beef jerky.

I have been trying to work out more...I had been kickboxing 2x/week and have decided to add yoga two days. OMG I AM SORE FROM YOGA!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Tuesday Morning to all my IP Peeps!

I managed to get some sleep last night so that is good. Wondering if the stress of my dad falling will have an impact on my WI today?? I am getting ready to go be at the hospital today with my mom. He might get to go home so I will be there to help her get him to her house.

I am also looking forward to this weeks IP Packet shopping this afternoon as well. Now that I have had a few weeks under my belt I know what I like and what I can alter. I love making the potato puree into a flatbread/tortilla thing. I tear little pieces of it off at a time and roll them up and it is like eating a breadstick with my lunch salad.

I think I am getting close to having my 20 days on here so I can post a ticker and put a beginning and now picture in my profile for you all to see.

Have a great day today and thanks again for all the well wishes, prayers, etc. for my father. I am blessed to have found this site.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good Morning Peeps. Molly that is an awesome before and after photo. You Look Awesome.
Thanks, vet

Some people know the before was after I lost 40lbs on IP, so I've changed the text on the picture. I don't have a picture of all of me from the very start, only a head shot. I hate pictures, even now. These are have to have for my Secretary/Treasurer spot in the newsletter for the national club for Forward Control Corvairs (the trucks and vans).

Back to work.

Molly
Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #13  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

I tried the veggie puree thing LizRR does with my dinner last night. Pretty good. I didn't follow a particular recipe, I just took the spirit of it and improvised. I was thinking the veggies would shrink down a lot more from the roasting and puree combo and end up just eating it straight as it was going to be way too much for the pork chops I was preparing.

I also just checked my BMI progress so far. Was bummed until I realized that Livestrong was only comparing BMI progress to a start date of Sept 1, when I set it to start date back in the Spring, I found out I've lost 4% BMI so far for my efforts. Still another 2.25% to get to just "overweight" again. LOL.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone! Nice and cool here this morning! I slept with the windows open and the fan on last night. Love that!

Today is day 5. I don't have any potato thing y'all are talking about, so maybe I can order it online. Also I was wondering, I didn't get a packet of the broccoli and cheese soup, but I see I can order it. You guys like it?

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #15  
Start IP 7/27/12

S/C/G: 225.4/156/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Happy Tuesday everyone.

I had a NSV last night . . . my hubby and I both got on the scale and I FINALLY weigh less than him!!! Me at 192 and him at 193. Not the official weigh in since that is Thursday, but our scale at home. It's been about 10 years since that happened! Ahh what a beautiful day it is today!

Last edited by chicago girl; 10-02-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Closed Thread