Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/200/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Feeling burnout

I've been on the diet for about 2 months and have lost 30 lbs. I have 43 more to go. However, I'm not feeling it anymore. I am so tired of eating sooo many veggies. And I'm having a lot of bowel problems. Everytime I try talking to the dietian lady about how I'm feeling she kinda blows me off and basically accuses me of cheating! It's really ticking me off! I am not going to spend like $80/week to cheat on it. That's dumb. My mom thinks I should just stop but nothing else I've been on has actually helped. Any suggestions?
Amajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

30 pounds in 2 months is something to be proud of. Use that to motivate you - it means in another 3 months or so you should be close to goal weight! That's absolutely acheivable.

You have to decide what you want more - the food, or the weight loss. Can't have it both ways if you want to see IP-type results. If you're eating the same things all the time, commit to trying one recipe from the recipe threads every week. Sometimes your taste buds just need something different.

Your coach should not be blowing you off - but there is a ton of support, advice and encouragement here. Even if she isn't giving you what you need, you can find it here.

For bowel problems, have you tried anything yet? I have a cup of Smooth Move tea every morning which seems to help. If you've got "C" pretty bad, you can try psyllium and if that doesn't work you can get Magnesium Citrate liquid at the pharmacy (just be prepared to stay close to the bathroom all day - it's liquid lightning!).

Bottom line - there are resources aplenty on this forum to help get you through, but only you can decide if you want to take advantage of them.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #3  

What I have to say is this: To keep the weight off you lost, you'll STILL need to eat a lot of veggies. We don't get to go back to our "old" ways or we end up back where we were. This plan is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, not just a diet.

So, you can stop IP but you'll still be eating lots of veggies if you want to maintain. If you are feeling like 30 lbs is enough & you're not "feeling" any more weight loss, then you can stop. Just be sure to Phase off...2 weeks in P2 and 2 weeks in P3, to give your body time to adjust.

Many people with bowel probs from veggies do better if they are cooked, rather than raw. Have you tried that?

You've come so far...I'd want ALL the program has to offer!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
What I have to say is this: To keep the weight off you lost, you'll STILL need to eat a lot of veggies. We don't get to go back to our "old" ways or we end up back where we were. This plan is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, not just a diet.

So, you can stop IP but you'll still be eating lots of veggies if you want to maintain. If you are feeling like 30 lbs is enough & you're not "feeling" any more weight loss, then you can stop. Just be sure to Phase off...2 weeks in P2 and 2 weeks in P3, to give your body time to adjust.

Many people with bowel probs from veggies do better if they are cooked, rather than raw. Have you tried that?

You've come so far...I'd want ALL the program has to offer!
Exactly, the veggies are the magic ingredient for how you eat for the rest of your life.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Try Barlean's Organic Oils Greens

My dietitian recommended Barlean's Organic Oils Greens, Chocolate Silk, 9.5 Ounce. For people who do not eat enough green.

I use it with my chocolate mix from IP, it makes it have a double chocolate taste. So far, so good.

Amazon has it for a cheaper price with free shipping now.
http://www.amazon.com/Barleans-Organ...f=pd_sim_hpc_2
starapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amajean View Post
I've been on the diet for about 2 months and have lost 30 lbs. I have 43 more to go. However, I'm not feeling it anymore. I am so tired of eating sooo many veggies. And I'm having a lot of bowel problems. Everytime I try talking to the dietian lady about how I'm feeling she kinda blows me off and basically accuses me of cheating! It's really ticking me off! I am not going to spend like $80/week to cheat on it. That's dumb. My mom thinks I should just stop but nothing else I've been on has actually helped. Any suggestions?
What about meals that "hide" the veggies? Like adding spinach to protein shakes or stew (where the veggies take on the flavor the the meat). I might make some fhili this weekend (fake chili where I leave out the kidney beans).
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #7  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
What about meals that "hide" the veggies? Like adding spinach to protein shakes or stew (where the veggies take on the flavor the the meat). I might make some fhili this weekend (fake chili where I leave out the kidney beans).
Good suggestion. Just tonight I made a paella with riced cauliflower. I never used to like cauliflower. But when you make it into "rice" and add some seasonings, its pretty good!

I've seen posts where people have made Rutabaga fries and said that they were really good. I might try that too.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #8  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm having lots of constipation issues lately -- what's that all about? We're eating more "roughage" and water than ever... I thought I'd be "regular like no tomorrow"... Gonna try the "floralax" this week from my coach.

So -- who can tell me why eating healthy and drinking lots is bunging us up??
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

30 pounds in 2 months is awesome! I agree though that veggies are going to have to be part of life to keep it off. Have you tried all the options? Also check the recipe thread there are lots of options. One of my favorite right now is to take 2c of cauliflower and grate it and then steam it in the microwave until soft. Mix it with the potato puree and a couple egg whites and then fry in your olive oil. Delicious and filling potato pancakes and you cant even taste the veggies. Try different seasonings too that helps a lot.
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Adding A LOT of fiber all of a sudden to your diet, especially if you didn't eat that much before, will cause constipation
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I'm having lots of constipation issues lately -- what's that all about? We're eating more "roughage" and water than ever... I thought I'd be "regular like no tomorrow"... Gonna try the "floralax" this week from my coach.

So -- who can tell me why eating healthy and drinking lots is bunging us up??
An extra magnesium supplement works for me! I had read most people are deficient and I was hoping it would help me sleep better. It sure did make me go! Extra vitamin c also works.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote