Depression and Weight Issues - Empained

View Full Version : Empained

Melody Pie
04-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Does anyone like feel rooted to the spot with being overweight. I find at 220 pounds, I am not truly happy unless I am on a seat somewhere, and even then I feel a bit uncomfortable:( Its not really nice. Im just curious if people who have lost weight have had these symptoms and they have disappeared with the weight loss? :?:

liz321
04-14-2003, 11:45 AM
I can only speak for myself...I certainly felt more comfortable in my own skin once I had dropped some weight...I felt more comfortable physically, I had more confidence....I just plain felt better.

What are you doing to try to lose weight...are you on a program...exercising etc...I do feel better after I clean a room, go to the gym, have a walk, do the stairs at work...it releases endorphins and I show myself that I can do it.

How are things going today?

Eliz

Melody Pie
04-16-2003, 09:56 AM
I tried the cabbage diet but it didnt work, so that depressed me, Im joining the gym this week. I go for walks, but I have health issues as well, such as endo. I just wish I felt better...

loranden
04-19-2003, 04:05 PM
As a person of size who has been treated for depression as well as other health problems such as arthritis, angina, hypothyroidism, borderline diabetes, and an unspecified seizure disorder (and that is outside of being nearsighted as well), my best suggestion is to visit your physician or a nutritionist for a good plan that is both healthy for you and results in weight loss. At least you have exercising down--that is a great start.

Mostly, never give up...and best of luck to you, you CAN do it!:D