Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 09/06/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 09-06-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Good morning all.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone - question for those who have reached the next phase - when do you know you are ready to start phase two? I've been on the program for 28 weeks - a long time for some, not even near long for others - I'm down 82 lbs - WI is today so it's hopefully more - but I can feel myself getting antsy to go to the next phase - this wasn't the case earlier - I don't want to cheat - I just want to see what's next - anyone else like this? How long did you stay on phase 1? Thanks for any advice
Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #4  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone-

Had a NSV last night. I went to get my hair cut and highlighted (my color was in bad shape, I've let it go far too long). I love getting my hair done, but I hate the process of sitting with wet hair in the big cape and looking at myself in the mirror while it is done. You can't hide from what you really look like when your hair is wet like that.

I am pleased to say that I looked pretty decent with wet hair, for a change. I didn't look like a bloated lump when I looked in the mirror. I chalk this up not only to weight loss, but to improved nutrition as well. All of these veggies are showing up on my face! It was a great feeling to be able to relax and chat with the stylist without cringing every time I caught a glimpse of myself. I bounced out of the salon last night!

Last edited by GoalFor40; 09-06-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

congrats! i think the NS-V's are way better than seeing the number goes down..keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Good morning everyone-

Had a NSV last night. I went to get my hair cut and highlighted (my color was in bad shape, I've let it go far too long). I love getting my hair done, but I had the process of sitting with wet hair in the big cape and looking at myself in the mirror while it is done. You can't hide from what you really look like when your hair is wet like that.

I am pleased to say that I looked pretty decent with wet hair, for a change. I didn't look like a bloated lump when I looked in the mirror. I chalk this up not only to weight loss, but to improved nutrition as well. All of these veggies are showing up on my face! It was a great feeling to be able to relax and chat with the stylist without cringing every time I caught a glimpse of myself. I bounced out of the salon last night!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Good morning everyone-

Had a NSV last night. I went to get my hair cut and highlighted (my color was in bad shape, I've let it go far too long). I love getting my hair done, but I hate the process of sitting with wet hair in the big cape and looking at myself in the mirror while it is done. You can't hide from what you really look like when your hair is wet like that.

I used to feel the same way......hated that feeling. Good for you for noticing! It is nice to finally feel good about ourselves........we deserve it! Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning everyone - question for those who have reached the next phase - when do you know you are ready to start phase two? I've been on the program for 28 weeks - a long time for some, not even near long for others - I'm down 82 lbs - WI is today so it's hopefully more - but I can feel myself getting antsy to go to the next phase - this wasn't the case earlier - I don't want to cheat - I just want to see what's next - anyone else like this? How long did you stay on phase 1? Thanks for any advice
I think they say within 10% of you goal weight, you still loose on phase 2 too.You will know when your ready. I had the same feeling you did too.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone, I was leaving the gym this morning just as the sun was riser and a thunder storm was rolling in.....it was quite lovely actually.

Feeling good today and thank you the people who responded to my post last night. I am feeling better today, being busy at work helps me to not focus and think about food all day.........I started a new position and super busy these days, so I am thankful for that. Sorry I can't remember who recommended the book...name anyways....but I know to see your picture...lol i will look into that. Anything that can help me i am willing to try.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #8  

Quote:
Good morning everyone-

Awesome! I know what you mean....sitting in the salon chair, staring at yourself in the mirror. All the rolls. Screaming inside my head saying get the cape on, get the cape on....then the cape went on, and it's like a big blimp sitting there. With a tiny head on a huge body when your hair is wet. Gawd. Barf. It's getting better now for me too, I don't feel like such a huge blimp in that chair!! I am starting to like what I see. It's coming isn't it? You are doing great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Good morning everyone, I was leaving the gym this morning just as the sun was riser and a thunder storm was rolling in.....it was quite lovely actually.

Feeling good today and thank you the people who responded to my post last night. I am feeling better today, being busy at work helps me to not focus and think about food all day.........I started a new position and super busy these days, so I am thankful for that. Sorry I can't remember who recommended the book...name anyways....but I know to see your picture...lol i will look into that. Anything that can help me i am willing to try.

I'm so glad you're feeling better today!! It's a hard ol journey but as Cindy says: we can do hard. Smile today and cherish this gift you are giving yourself!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #9  

NSV for me yesterday: took the tags off my brand new skinny jeggings from Ricki's (size 34!!!). Already too big!!!! Wore them anyways as I took off the tags, but I was yanking them up all day. Maybe when I wash them they will snug up some. Lesson learned - try on again before tags come off!! scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks but there's more to this than a stinkin ol scale! Have an awesome day!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #10  

Oh and I wanted to ask where my RAINBOW is hiding?????
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
82 lbs loss....AWESOME!!!!

Quote:
Good morning everyone-

I hate getting my hair done for that exact same reason! That is definitely a NSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
NSV for me yesterday: took the tags off my brand new skinny jeggings from Ricki's (size 34!!!). Already too big!!!! Wore them anyways as I took off the tags, but I was yanking them up all day. Maybe when I wash them they will snug up some. Lesson learned - try on again before tags come off!! scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks but there's more to this than a stinkin ol scale! Have an awesome day!!
So glad I read your post...that is a good tip
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #12  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Morning All...

Way to early here..its like..6am and im WIDE awake...sigh..no more sleeping in these days..just cant seem to do it.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post

Glad to hear you're feeling better!!

I actually took my own advice and ordered the book for myself last night. I figure for $13 if I get even one or two ideas out of it it's worth it!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
I would stay on phase 1 until you get to the goal you want. It seems like you have a few pounds of gain at first, and I want some wiggle room. Phase two is easy, but phases 3 and 4 are more complex. I am on phase 2, week 2 , but I may stay on 2 for one more week so I can get all the way down to 130.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Good morning everyone - question for those who have reached the next phase - when do you know you are ready to start phase two?
I used the BMI as a goal, getting to a healthy one. Since I had lost so much weight and had alot of extra skin, I consulted a plastic surgeon to get an idea of how many pounds the skin took up, then calculated a 'virtual' weight. At some point, I just knew it was time to stop. 6 months into maintenance and so far, so good. It can be done !!!

Quote:
Good morning everyone-

Had a NSV last night.
It is so easy to not look in the mirror or when I do, to just see what I want to see. Then I'm surprised at photographs. The change is happening to you...congratulations !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
NSV for me yesterday: took the tags off my brand new skinny jeggings from Ricki's (size 34!!!). Already too big!!!!
I lived with safety pins holding my pants up for awhile, then started wearing belts to hold them up, until I just decided to buy a couple in a smaller size. I'll never forget the feeling of disbelief when I'd try on a size I hadn't worn in 30 years... Enjoy !!!!

----
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine !

Have had a few rough days lately, ending up at the ER a week ago with a gallstone attack and had another one yesterday. Just got a bunch of tests done to check it, and the pancreas. I am hoping that the bile medication can work for me, rather than jumping right to surgery to remove the gallbladder, but will see...

Got a call to play my music at an arts center meeting, so that oughta be fun. One of these days, I hope to get a lightweight, used PA so I won't have to be borrowing off friends when I need one. Don't understand the various kinds yet...one step at a time.

Well, hope you all have a splended, uplifting Thursday !!!!!

Margaret
PS: I tried one of those EAS shakes that some people are using, and oh boy....are they tasty!!!! and much cheaper, and plenty of protein!
Closed Thread