Old 08-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Default Gained this week

I am on week 4 of Phase 1. I've lost 19.8lbs so far...but I had a gain of 2lbs this week . I had a work conference in Newport, RI this past weekend....I guess I didn't realize just how diligent I had to be regarding restaurant food.

The first night we ate out at a chowder place...I had salad with no dressing, grilled halibut "dry" and the veggie of the day, which was string beans. The halibut had a flour coating, I believe, but it was hard to tell. The beans were sauteed in butter or oil. I should have spent more time asking the server questions about how the food was prepared, but I stupidly assumed that when I asked for 'dry', it would be dry...

Lunch on Saturday was provided by the hotel...and there was limited choice - I had Caesar salad (minus the croutons, cheese and dressing, so basically romaine lettuce) and the deli turkey from a turkey sandwich. The other choices were pasta salad, roast beef sandwich, lobster roll and cole slaw, cookies and brownies.

Dinner on Saturday was at a very fancy restaurant...I had 'lobster cocktail'...again, I should have asked how it was prepared, since the lobster had the cocktail sauce all over it, so I tried to find pieces that were not covered in sauce (not very lucky), and gave the rest to my coworker. I had a grilled sirloin, asked again 'dry', but it tasted like it had been cooked in cheese and butter.

No alcohol, no dessert.

Ugh. The moral of the story is to ASK, ASK, ASK when out in a restaurant.

Anyway, I am back to my normal routine and hopefully it will come off before weigh in next week!
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
I am on week 4 of Phase 1. I've lost 19.8lbs so far...but I had a gain of 2lbs this week . I had a work conference in Newport, RI this past weekend....I guess I didn't realize just how diligent I had to be regarding restaurant food.

The first night we ate out at a chowder place...I had salad with no dressing, grilled halibut "dry" and the veggie of the day, which was string beans. The halibut had a flour coating, I believe, but it was hard to tell. The beans were sauteed in butter or oil. I should have spent more time asking the server questions about how the food was prepared, but I stupidly assumed that when I asked for 'dry', it would be dry...

Lunch on Saturday was provided by the hotel...and there was limited choice - I had Caesar salad (minus the croutons, cheese and dressing, so basically romaine lettuce) and the deli turkey from a turkey sandwich. The other choices were pasta salad, roast beef sandwich, lobster roll and cole slaw, cookies and brownies.

Dinner on Saturday was at a very fancy restaurant...I had 'lobster cocktail'...again, I should have asked how it was prepared, since the lobster had the cocktail sauce all over it, so I tried to find pieces that were not covered in sauce (not very lucky), and gave the rest to my coworker. I had a grilled sirloin, asked again 'dry', but it tasted like it had been cooked in cheese and butter.

No alcohol, no dessert.

Ugh. The moral of the story is to ASK, ASK, ASK when out in a restaurant.

Anyway, I am back to my normal routine and hopefully it will come off before weigh in next week!
Almost everyone I have heard from for the past few years I have been following IP principles has a gain or no loss or a small loss the 3rd or 4th week.

You didn't do horrible during your conference and that is not the problem...the foods just might have made you retain.

YOu will have a great week five...probably over 5 pound loss.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

thank you!
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote