Old 08-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default Lost some steam

Since moving I've retained about 5lbs of water, and it's messing with my head...I kind of feel unmotivated to continue, and with our kitchen being cluttered, we have opted to eat out more than we should...and I have been drinking left over smoothie from the blenders at booster juice where I work more than I should. It just seems that everything is spiralling for me lately, and I cannot seem to get myself in gear.

Before when I had plateaus it wasn't so bad, I was determined to break them, but dropping below 215 last week only to end up back at it for the last few days has really been a blow for some reason.

I'm going to try to not eat anything at work (I work from 4pm to midnight today, so I'm asking my fiancé to bring me some supper cooked at home, baked chicken strips and steamed zucchini, I suspect the BJ food of being full of sodium!) also, I'm going to start running today. Up until now I've just been walking long distances, but I think maybe getting my heart rate up will be helpful in fat loss.

I'm just hoping that maybe this push will finally give me some results and I can get back into gear.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Got to the gym...it's closed because it's a stat holiday today...gonna go for a long walk instead. Operation: running woman is postponed till tomorrow.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #3  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I just sat here literally for 5 minutes trying to think of what holiday it could possibly be.

Anyways. Don't let yourself get de-motivated. Get up off your butt and do it! I've been hovering around the same stupid 167.2 for nearly a month now, and I'm determined to work through it. Oh, and that mysterious knee injury, too. Plateaus suck, but you just have to trick your body into letting go.

Try changing up your workout routine, drink more water (this will help your body "let go" of water that you're retaining, as well as help flush out excess sodium), maybe try calorie cycling if you're counting.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/249.6/179

Height: 5'5"

Canadian holidays! hurray! haha

Get out and go for a nice long walk and eat something super health. I often find just doing something yummy that's healthy and doing some light exercise that isn't unfun really re-motivates me!
katiekish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #5  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Ugh...running. You're braver than I. I CANNOT convince myself to run unless I'm chasing something. If I'm playing sports? Fine...I will run like **** to get the ball and score. If I'm just trying to convince myself to run in circles? Not gonna happen.

In any case, I hit a rough patch too. I see now why you were going nuts last week with your scale packed away...mine's out of commission, and not having a number to prove that I'm staying on task is driving me up a wall. I've also just been depressed and lonely in general lately, which wasn't helped by the fact that my boyfriend wasn't able to get leave like he expected to to come and see me. Up until this point getting to see him at some point during August had been a strong motivator. Now it'll be at LEAST 2 more months, but I don't have as definite of a time frame to look at to find an extra kick when I need it.

Today I decided that I wasn't going to stress about plan. The weather was unseasonably mild, so I got on my bike and just rode. I didn't have any specific destination in mind, so I spent a few hours going randomly through town then stopped in a shady park and laid down on a bench to read a few chapters of my book. I had fast food for lunch. Not terribly fast food, but like 600 calories of curry rice and kimchi. I got a 150 calorie ice cream cone at some point. I wasn't really intending to log anything, but I ended up doing it out of habit when I got home and still ended up well below my calories for the day somehow.

While I was riding, I stopped at a clothing store because I'm in desperate need of shorts. Surprisingly enough, despite all of the scars on them from a childhood outdoors with only much older boys to play with, I'm the least self-conscious about my legs and never had an issue wearing shorts like a lot of people seem to. I went into the store and had to try a few sizes...my first pair of Japanese jeans was an 80 cm waist (in June)...today the winning number was 67 cm. Unfortunately I walked out sans shorts, but oddly enough, it wasn't because I couldn't fit into them. They actually fit pretty comfortably and made my butt and legs look really nice...the issue was that EVERY pair in the store was intended for women 162 cm or shorter...putting me about 7 cm too tall and making the shorts reeeeeally short in comparison to my legs. I seriously contemplated buying one pair anyway, but then I remembered that I live near all of my students and everything that I do is under constant scrutiny...so I decided that wearing hoochie shorts wouldn't really make me an ideal role model for my 6th grade girls. I did get a pretty lingerie set and a new dress though.

...wow, did I ramble off-topic there. Back on topic, smaller shorts made me feel a lot better about things somehow (probably because pants were the last thing keeping me shopping in the plus section and 67 is the second largest size in the normal section). If you're feeling really unmotivated, maybe it's time to take some measurements or try on an old favorite outfit to see how different the fit is now. If you have a free day, make it a relaxing day instead of pushing yourself, and maybe it'll be enough to get you back on track.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

I hit a rough patch these last 3 days too. I am extremely stressed, and we had a bunch of family over all weekend, with lots of bad food. Saturday I ate well, until night. Same on Sunday. But yesterday I was snacking all day on bad food! I got on the scale and im up 5 pounds. Its discouraging, I try to remind myself its mostly water and to just get back on the plan and it will all come off.... Im doing a detox the next 3 days so hopefully that will get that water out of me and keep me motivated! I feel for ya girl. We gotta just pick ourselves up and just keep moving! We can do it
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote