General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #1  
Sherri Lynn

S/C/G: 255/240/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Liquids

I drink a lot of non calorie liquids. Coffee in the morning and then I shift to decaf iced tea or club soda for the rest of the day. I have 3 concerns about my liquids, and wanted to reach out for some opinions. 1)I drink my coffee with caffeine, so.... Is caffeine really that bad? Does it increase appetite or slow metabolism? 2)Sodium....the club soda doesn't have any calories but it does have sodium. 65mg per 8 oz glass, but of course I probably have a liter or 2 a day! I love it though, because it makes me feel like I'm having something special. All that fizz with just a squirt of lime juice...yum. And it is cheap. I can buy 7, 2-liter bottles for less than I paid for 1 bottle of wine! 3)Sugar substitutes. I drink decaf tea but I like it sweet, so I use either Sweet and Low or Splenda to sweeten it. There seems to be so much controversy and i just don't know what to think!
sd0198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #2  

Actually the coffee should help speed up your metabolism and decrease your appetite. The soda water is wonderful, I love it too, but you are right to think about the sodium! Is there any way that you can buy a soda machine? I am not 100% sure, but I think making it yourself would not have sodium and it would also be much cheaper and better for the environment.

I tend to feel that a little artificial sweetner is ok, just not too much... we'll see what others have to say about it.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote