Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default my fitday cals? & question on healthy fats

So i put in my height weight age blah blah and it gave me 1600 cals. Is that to low for my weight? Im not going to work out crazy becuz I tend to overdue it and then quit. So slow and steady. I put it in as not working out at all so once I do more than just a walk ill reprogram. Advice?

I also have a problem getting all the nutrients i need. I eat eggs, healthy fats, and good cals when doing well but what about milk and oils? eating healthy seems like a lot of work which im ok with but how do you figure it all in??
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

1600 cals for what? Losing a pound a week? That seems a sensible figure for your weight. Regarding macronutrients, I wouldn't worry about the finicky details at this point (or ever). I'm sure you have a basic idea of what foods are healthy. Just eat some of those and you'll be fine. I don't think healthy eating needs to or should be a lot of work. The easier you make it for yourself, the more likely you are to stick with your plan.

JMHO Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Why not try 1600 for a month or two and see what happens?

My doctor said to take a multi vitamin. He also said the cheap ones from walmart were just as good as anything on the market.

When I started I was just a tiny bit smaller than you are right now and I lost at 1600-1800 a day. But the more weight I lose the more I have to cut calories to keep losing. I'm eating 1400 calories now and I am finally starting to do some exercise everyday.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Wow toobig. U lose 95 lbs??? Congrats. I can't wait to say I lost that much. I'm gonna aim for somewhere between of 1600. And 1800 so that towards the end I'm not at 1000 lol. Thanks for the suggestions guys
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote